Royal Gossip
March 24, 2019, 09:48:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 67965 times)
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2018, 10:08:18 pm »

^^^Funny how a good bit of her "triumphs" are connected to school projects.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #321 on: July 09, 2018, 06:20:54 am »

^^^ It's an insult not a sweet letter. If a truly shy girl received such a declaration of: "You bow down to me and do as I say or else your high school years will be a nightmare because I'm cool and you are not".

Worst PR spin ever. Shows Meghan as tyrannical and a bully but with the "I'm so sweet" facade.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #322 on: July 09, 2018, 06:36:48 am »

A number of people on the DM have pointed out that in many Roman Catholic schools (and I suspect other religious schools) writing letters to other students is part of the curriculum and so this is nothing special but just a class activity that Meghan had to do. Now maybe she was writing it out of the goodness of her heart but I suspect that it is more likely that she was given this other girl's name as the one to whom she had to write such a letter that year.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #323 on: July 09, 2018, 06:44:24 am »

^I went to Catholic schools in the states and you are correct. These assignments are common in language (elementary/middle school) and English (high school) classes. The letters usually have nothing to do with the people receiving them. The teacher gives a backstory and the letter is written with that backstory in mind. It's a writing exercise to examine sentence structure, form, etc. We got these types of assignments as early as 3rd and 4th grade. There is nothing personal about them.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2018, 07:29:49 am »

^ So, does that mean that the shy girl Meghan helped uplift may not even exist?
The letter did read schematic as if a bunch of words were thrown together without really conveying a feeling or genuine care.

Still, the choice of words shows a self-absorbed young person who thinks that the world revolves around them.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #325 on: July 09, 2018, 07:35:06 am »

Not necesarily. We had to write to a real classmate and reply to their letters as well.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2018, 07:47:23 am »

^^What MeeMeme said is true for my experience as well. We were partnered with an actual classmate but the backstory and circumstances surrounding what was written in the letter came from the teacher. The only "real" thing about it was the name of the person the letter was addressed to.

I'm sure Michelle exists but I find it really odd that a school headmaster would still have this "letter" after some 20-odd years. It would be one thing if this came from Michelle and this was an actual letter she had tucked away in an 8th grade or senior year scrapbook (I had both since they were graduation/transition years) but something about this whole story is fishy.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2018, 11:40:21 am »

That's interesting and makes sense, many of the things Great Meg did were class assignments. Besides, it makes no sense that the teacher has the letter, if Murky wrote it to "lift up" or whatever bs her classmate. Then the classmate would have the letter.

The PR spins are truly desperate, what took them to contact the teacher to see if she had scraps to show how Caring Meg was such a great one with a big heart ick They're not ashamed to use any bs to portray Murky in a positive light.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2018, 02:08:50 pm »

There's never been anything in the mainstream media afaIK about Meghan stealing any blender. Nor does that appear in her bios. Morton's nor particularly sympathetic to Meghan in much of his biography of her but just states that Meghan took her blender back when she left Trevor.

All the stories of what Meghan did, said, didn't do or say during her relationships with Trevor and Cory, come from others around. Neither of these two men have given interviews to anyone about her.

^^ As for 'snooping', it was her and Harry's car. I think Meghan was searching for something she had obviously left at home. If Meghan and Harry's relationship is supposedly that bad that she is snooping on him it's odd that she and Harry went to the polo together the very next day. They are newlyweds and happy together, IMO. Never seen anything different.

It was not Meghan's car.  It was William's and Harry's car.  She did not come with Harry.   They did not go to polo together the next day.  Harry did not interact with her at all.   She ran to the car when she saw it was unattended and the trunk lid was up.  And she scuttled away fast when Mark Dyer confronted her.   That was guilt action right there.   

Harry looks more and more stressed every time he appears in public with this woman.  Interesting, no?    eating cookies
sandy
Princess

« Reply #329 on: July 09, 2018, 02:10:44 pm »

Harry's her husband he'll be interacting with her. I don't think the car situation is anything serious.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »

^ I beg to differ. The complete lack of decorum on MM's part is beyond describable. Can you imagine - a royal wife trashing her husband's car's trunk. Looking for what? Did she forget something... Trevor's blender or something.

Besides, I doubt that they are actually married. We did not see if a marriage certificate was signed, the archbishop used their pet names, not the real names and on religious grounds it can be voided, we don't know if the civil partnership with Cory was dissolved prior to Meghan starting to "move to UK", Meghan didn't live in UK for over a year, didn't have UK as her permanent residence for over 6 months - I also think that one of her dogs was moved to UK only because she had to claim permanent residence, otherwise it would have been tossed to another house too. If Harry was forced into it - it is voidable too. If the first annulment wasn't properly done and she's technically still married to the first husband ... annulment with Harry.

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2018, 04:03:40 pm »

^ laugh

I haven't played since I stopped
sandy
Princess

« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2018, 04:24:33 pm »

^ I beg to differ. The complete lack of decorum on MM's part is beyond describable. Can you imagine - a royal wife trashing her husband's car's trunk. Looking for what? Did she forget something... Trevor's blender or something.

Besides, I doubt that they are actually married. We did not see if a marriage certificate was signed, the archbishop used their pet names, not the real names and on religious grounds it can be voided, we don't know if the civil partnership with Cory was dissolved prior to Meghan starting to "move to UK", Meghan didn't live in UK for over a year, didn't have UK as her permanent residence for over 6 months - I also think that one of her dogs was moved to UK only because she had to claim permanent residence, otherwise it would have been tossed to another house too. If Harry was forced into it - it is voidable too. If the first annulment wasn't properly done and she's technically still married to the first husband ... annulment with Harry.

They are indeed married. It's no conspiracy theory.

She opted to use her middle name which is perfectly legal. They did not use pet names like Sweetie and Honey but real names.

There was no civil partnership with Cory.

It is legal and there was only one previous husband.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #333 on: July 09, 2018, 04:59:46 pm »

Her middle name, but his nickname.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2018, 05:28:12 pm »

The service used in the Sussexes wedding ceremony was one which is now in use for most Anglican weddings in the UK and was brought into in the year 2000. In this service more informal names are allowed to be used.

https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/worship-texts-and-resources/common-worship/marriage#mm095

We haven't ever seen the signed marriage register for Charles and Diana or William and Kate either (never been printed in the media) yet we know they were married.

Meghan and Cory were in a defacto civil relationship in Canada that did not require legally dissolving.

Meghan did not have to live in the UK for over a year if (as no doubt she was) she was on a fiancĂ© visa from November 2017. It only requires six months residency in the UK not twelve. November to mid May is more than six months.

No-one has ever found any legal documentation anywhere that Meghan has had a marriage dissolved.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #335 on: July 09, 2018, 05:42:09 pm »

I just think that if Meggles and Harry were living in the same residence that his tie would have been coordinated with her outfit.   Just my opinion. . . . .
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #336 on: July 09, 2018, 05:57:45 pm »

Neither Charles nor William invited a whole bunch of people they have never met nor disinvited everyone from their family. It is easy to spot if there is love or if someone marries for the show / the money. From what I saw - there was a wedding but I don't think that the wedding ended in legit marriage.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #337 on: July 09, 2018, 06:34:59 pm »

No matter what is said about Meghan she did not "make" Harry marry her. Why is the man treated like a baby. He is old enough to make his own decisions without saying he was "made" to do something. Not all couples dress alike like Bobbsey twins (this in response to MH post)
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #338 on: July 09, 2018, 08:14:49 pm »

There's never been anything in the mainstream media afaIK about Meghan stealing any blender. Nor does that appear in her bios. Morton's nor particularly sympathetic to Meghan in much of his biography of her but just states that Meghan took her blender back when she left Trevor.

All the stories of what Meghan did, said, didn't do or say during her relationships with Trevor and Cory, come from others around. Neither of these two men have given interviews to anyone about her.

^^ As for 'snooping', it was her and Harry's car. I think Meghan was searching for something she had obviously left at home. If Meghan and Harry's relationship is supposedly that bad that she is snooping on him it's odd that she and Harry went to the polo together the very next day. They are newlyweds and happy together, IMO. Never seen anything different.

It was not Meghan's car.  It was William's and Harry's car.  She did not come with Harry.   They did not go to polo together the next day.  Harry did not interact with her at all.   She ran to the car when she saw it was unattended and the trunk lid was up.  And she scuttled away fast when Mark Dyer confronted her.   That was guilt action right there.   

Harry looks more and more stressed every time he appears in public with this woman.  Interesting, no?    eating cookies

Very very interesting!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2018, 08:19:13 pm »

He chose to marry her.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: