Royal Gossip
March 26, 2019, 11:11:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 68099 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2018, 12:19:52 pm »

Here's How Much Meghan Markle's Royal Wardrobe Has Cost
"It does fall now, that she is married into the royal family, to the Prince of Wales...to cover the cost of her working royal wardrobe," Nicholl told ET.
Breaking it down, her Givenchy wedding gown racked up over $440,000, while her Stella McCartney reception dress was more than $157,000.
"It may be that Meghan contributed certainly some of the costs for either of those wedding dresses, or perhaps both of those wedding dresses, I believe was also picked up by the palace."
Although pricey, Nicholl said the cost is worth it for the Palace.
"Meghan is now an ambassador for the royal family. Look at the publicity she has brought in run up to the wedding. I'd argue that's worth every penny."
The custom cream cape dress by Markle's go-to designer Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy worn on her first solo outing with the queen came in at $18,000. The gorgeous printed Oscar de la Renta maxi she radiated in to Princess Diana's niece's wedding cost almost $6000.
So who dresses the newly minted royal? Sources tell Nicholl that she does not have an official stylist, which probably means Markle is picking her own looks.
A true style star, indeed.
https://www.etonline.com/heres-how-much-meghan-markles-royal-wardrobe-has-cost-105204
Sickening to think this woman’s considered royal and is praised for her very expensive taste and rude celebrity ways. Yeah, a real style icon with I’ll fitting clothes and her lack of bidding her odd chest that looks like she has headlights all the time.  nervous
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 12:26:39 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2018, 03:15:40 pm »

She's been in the royal family for what, about 10 minutes?  So I fail to see how the BRF would've garnered needed publicity at that price.  I think the world has heard of  them before she arrived on the scene.  So far, there is no bang for the buck with her.  She is outlay all the way.

A carriage ride, a trip on a train and a garden party with a few showups is all she's done.  Give me a break that she's done anything of that value in one month.  I'm so tired of this woman being shoved down my throat as the Second Coming and "so worth it to modernize".  They should stop because those on the fence or who don't care for her have a saturation point.

It would be different if there was a truly likable quality about her or some scent of genuineness but it's really not coming through.  I'd be livid if I had to fund her lifestyle for even .10 for the rest of her natural life for no reason whatsoever and no voice in the matter.  Shes just not that relatable, admirable nor majestic enough to justify the support.  And that's the BRF's whole reason for existence.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2018, 03:36:58 pm »

^ I'm starting to think maybe that's the point, to show she isn't worth the cost nor manages to live up to the hype.

I haven't played since I stopped
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2018, 03:37:47 pm »

^^^The fact that there are articles detailing her expensive clothing so far is an indication that something is wrong.

Someone said on Celebitchy that she should dress in LK Bennett, Reiss, etc. I tried to reply to that commentor but the site refused to post it. All I wanted to say in the comment was that she feels superior as a royal and thinks she should swan around in bespoke pieces, and that labels like LK Bennett are beneath her. What was the harm in saying that? I've read worse comments on Celebitchy.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2018, 03:50:08 pm »

^Somebody is censoring comments.  This kind of media massaging really bothers me.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2018, 03:55:24 pm »

Celebitchy are very fans of Meghan. I think it is going overboard. They *despise* when people compare with Kate. But seriously compare any thread and it is ridiculuous.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2018, 05:27:30 pm »

Good posts everyone, I agree.
"Worth every penny", none of them is that. Living in palaces and full blown luxury for what? And the argument in the article is that her wardrobe is "worth every penny" just because she's "royal" now. Wtf, that's one of the things that's very wrong with this world ick
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2018, 10:30:42 pm »

Is Meghan about to cut all ties with her father? The Duchess of Sussex hasn't spoken to Thomas Markle since THAT bombshell interview where he gave up details of private conversations with Prince Harry and now courtiers are at a loss over how to handle him
As upsetting as having such intimacies aired undoubtedly is for the Duchess of Sussex, she is also facing the accusation that she has now cut her father adrift.
According to reliable sources close to 73-year-old Markle, the father of three has not spoken to either Meghan or Harry since his interview with Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid 12 days ago.
For his daughter there is understandable anxiety about whether she can call her father for fear that everything she says to him seems likely to appear somewhere or other in public.
It is a unique predicament for the royal family because, until now, in-laws have almost always been discreet — you need only to think of the sensibly silent Middleton family.
But discretion seems to be something that Thomas Markle either doesn’t understand or chooses not to understand. What an absurd, tawdry and decidedly unroyal mess the Markle affair has become.
All in all it was an incendiary mix, and if it hadn’t already exposed Meghan to the icy displeasure of the royals towards anything which damages or undermines regal prestige, it was only a matter of time.
So what is going on, and what has happened to Markle and his relationship with his daughter after he spoke so openly?
In the shabby Mexican coastal community of San Antonio del Mar, a few miles south of the U.S. border with California, Markle has been telling friends of his disappointment about Kensington Palace’s silence.
One figure who speaks to him regularly told me: ‘He is feeling upset by that. Before the wedding there was a relationship.
‘He spoke to Harry a lot in the build-up, but since the interview, nothing. He feels shunned.
‘He thought they might have had plans to come out to see him by now but he hasn’t heard if there are. He doesn’t care if they don’t come for a while — he knows how busy they must be — he just wants to know they are coming.
‘At the moment he can’t go to them; the problems with his heart were real enough.’
Since the interview he has been inundated with big money offers from around the world.
‘He is considering what he’ll do next. Will he do another interview? He just might.’
In London this week it was suggested that the royal strategy was to do nothing in the hope that the storm would die down. In fact, royal advisers have met to discuss what they can possibly do, and there is concern about his long-term health.
One idea was to provide Markle with a property and an allowance, but it was discarded early on. ‘There are other Markles out there and it might encourage them to come out of the woodwork,’ seems to be the refrain.
Instead, what seems to be inevitable is that if he continues to speak out, Meghan will be forced to distance herself from her father even further.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5902447/Is-Meghan-cut-ties-father.html
It seems that Meghan had already moved on from her dad way before the wedding, so who cares if she continues to distance herself from him. I really hope that he takes the big money offer and talks.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:38:00 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2018, 11:06:55 pm »

^^^The fact that there are articles detailing her expensive clothing so far is an indication that something is wrong.

Someone said on Celebitchy that she should dress in LK Bennett, Reiss, etc. I tried to reply to that commentor but the site refused to post it. All I wanted to say in the comment was that she feels superior as a royal and thinks she should swan around in bespoke pieces, and that labels like LK Bennett are beneath her. What was the harm in saying that? I've read worse comments on Celebitchy.

These are my thoughts also. I also found it interesting that the story about how much she's spent was released right before the financials and the numbers were almost exactly the same. It's hard to believe that wasn't purposeful.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2018, 07:56:38 pm »

I’m taking this with a grain of salt, but the blogs claim that this is Meghan making remarks against Kate. She allegedly been mounting off on social media about the royal family when Harry went to his polo matches without her. I *despise* that who ever this is is using my forum name.  bignono
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/image/175444614203
^but it still goes back to why she’s allowed to spend such an absorbent amount of money and Charles is ok with it as he’s footing the bill for Will, Harry and their wives upkeep. IMO, she could be the scapegoat for why the extra money has been spent. It’s outrageous to believe that she rang up such a high bill in such a small amount of time and the public, who won’t get anything back from her in return such as a beloved quality member of the royal family who brings in interest to the U.K. and bring publicity to charities like Diana did. All we’ll get is just trash trying to be a demure royal whilst spending like there’s unlimited funds and undermining the events that she attends.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:06:45 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2018, 08:21:31 pm »

IMO ^ Yeah i don't thats Meghan ,but that group( tin foil hats)  is what they're being called will believe anything . i think it's just a Meghan fan trying to get into it with Kate fans, but it looks like none of the Kate hardcore blogs /SM is biting.

It was like with Kate fans they would go around picking fights with anyone who dares to say they don't like Kate shoes .you still have some of them around . Now you have Meghan fans who are now going around doing the same thing
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:24:53 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2018, 08:26:01 pm »

I’m taking this with a grain of salt, but the blogs claim that this is Meghan making remarks against Kate. She allegedly been mounting off on social media about the royal family when Harry went to his polo matches without her. I *despise* that who ever this is is using my forum name.  bignono
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/image/175444614203
^but it still goes back to why she’s allowed to spend such an absorbent amount of money and Charles is ok with it as he’s footing the bill for Will, Harry and their wives upkeep. IMO, she could be the scapegoat for why the extra money has been spent. It’s outrageous to believe that she rang up such a high bill in such a small amount of time and the public, who won’t get anything back from her in return such as a beloved quality member of the royal family who brings in interest to the U.K. and bring publicity to charities like Diana did. All we’ll get is just trash trying to be a demure royal whilst spending like there’s unlimited funds and undermining the events that she attends.

Charles I think keeps them on a budget. And did not spend a "million" on her outfits in a month. I think Kate and Meghan both need to give back and earn their keep. Kate may not be working until next year.She has plenty of help with the children and could spare a few hours a week to do some royal appearances for a charity. Meghan needs to get going on charity work.

I think Charles is not one to splurge on $$$$ for the daughters in law.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2018, 03:37:55 am »

Not these two worthless daughters in law anyway.  Cool
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2018, 04:18:26 am »

Another apology issued regarding using Meghan’s provocative pictures regarding Waity’s toples scandal trial financial   award.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/image/175458008208
Here is another apology to Meg. Twitted 6/30/2018, 4:51 AM(EST).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:20:13 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2018, 11:32:25 am »

Oh dear, not looking so good

https://78.media.tumblr.com/6bc0fcd9ec8eba105e16a234270e1755/tumblr_pb5kpgjeij1xpn99lo1_400.png easter-egg-basket

Appears the Irish are not too keen to keel and bow down

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/image/175434093613

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2018, 12:23:26 pm »

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/image/175462806878
 thumbsup

‘She will make a wonderful mother’: Royal fans hail Meghan’s maternal instincts after the Duchess was snapped in a sweet exchange with Mark Dyer’s daughter Isabella at the polo
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5908383/Meghan-Markle-make-wonderful-mother-say-royal-fans.html
Bs article. She’s trying to bury the video of her snooping around Harry stuff that’s gone viral.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2018, 02:44:11 pm »

She is ridiculous in the royal family however this is what Harry wanted and they accept and he is only the second son of Charles.  I have to remember how awful Fergie was.  and she is hung on through her daughter's.  the British are crazy to keep them but they seem to want to have this pompous family.

The only constant is change.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2018, 03:30:19 pm »

What bothers me is that even though Fergie was horrible,she still got the heave-ho for lesser things than what Turkey is doing. Something is afoot. The Smirky articles the press are laying on are so syrupy and thick you practically can pour them on waffles, and that leads me to think the more they have to hide, the more desperate the cover up.

I haven't played since I stopped
sandy
Princess

« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2018, 03:39:46 pm »

Fergie had cheated on her husband with photos of her "financial adviser" on vacation. The Queen summoned her and Fergie made a quick exit from Balmoral. Until  or If this happens to Meghan, I award Fergie the prize as most embarrassing. Markle has only been with the royals for a month with mainly complaints about her clothing. But I doubt Charles ponied up a million dollars for her clothes. And Seriously Doubt this.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2018, 03:56:14 pm »

^Sorry, have to agree to differ.  murky murkle is the biggest embarrassment here.  One, possible two husbands, slept around, cheated on her live in lover to be with dork haza, not to mention her many other discretions over the years.  Not a fan of Fergie, never have been, but by jingo she is marvellous compared to murky murkle.  The whole word knows her indiscretions, lies, deceit, greed and anything else you can think of.  Fergie might be an embarrassment to the rf, but murky murkle is a huge embarrassment to the whole of the UK, and most of us knew her background before the nuptials, she was an embarrassment from day one.  Soho House springs to mind, and we all know what goes on there, and murky is heavily connected to that den of vice.  Makes Fergie look like Snow White, and we know that is impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: