Royal Gossip
August 18, 2018, 04:44:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 27062 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2018, 09:01:50 pm »

It's not racist to dress according to code. I'm sure that all women there wore pantyhose. With the outfit that she wore beige should be the color of her pantyhose.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2018, 09:05:36 pm »

They are making a race issue out of everything. Pantyhose is a must acc to protocol (ie the rules Liz set out) and Murky could have found a pair that suit her skin tone, she managed to do so before the wedding. Also some members here as well as others have pointed out that she likely chose that hue to match the see through bits of the dress. And don't forget, Diana used to wear all kinds of tights, so maybe Murky thought she could set a fashion hit with tights like Diana by switching it up.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2018, 10:22:06 pm »

Meghan Markle’s Mother Spotted Looking Glum In L.A. After Being Snubbed By Daughter
Days after being snubbed by her own daughter, Doria Ragland was spotted looking glum near her L.A. home. As RadarOnline.com exclusively reported, Meghan Markle hasn’t even spoken to her yoga instructor mom ever since she stood by her side at the royal wedding.
“Doria’s heartbroken and nervous and feels Meghan’s shutting her out,” the source told Radar. “She’s called, texted and emailed, but nada. Doria’s biggest fear, one that she’s felt ever since Meghan told her she was engaged to the Prince, is that she’d never hear from or see Meghan again.”
“This is classic Meghan,” the insider explained, adding “she’s Royalty now. She’s part of that family and now she’s ice cold to everyone, including her own mother.”
As Radar readers know, Doria Ragland felt miserable after she was forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement for the royal family.
“Doria can’t eat, speak or otherwise open her mouth about Meghan unless she clears it with the Royal family,” a source close to the new Duchess of Sussex told to Radar.
“They’ve silenced her and made her sign a non-disclosure agreement.”
https://radaronline.com/photos/doria-ragland-la-snubbed-meghan-markle/
Photos possibly set up to try and get sympathy from the public but that wouldn’t make sense since day one people had Meghan’s motive and knew that she’d throw away people that she no longer has use for.

Keep Calm and Carry On
marion
Duchess

« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2018, 11:59:46 pm »

Yet she's found time to ring and text her Dad lots. I know he's not well but even so, I thought she was supposed to be so close to her mithey
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2018, 01:29:02 am »

^I don't believe for a second that she's been ringing her dad like they would have us believe.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2018, 04:09:54 am »

Meghan Markle’s Mother Spotted Looking Glum In L.A. After Being Snubbed By Daughter
Days after being snubbed by her own daughter, Doria Ragland was spotted looking glum near her L.A. home. As RadarOnline.com exclusively reported, Meghan Markle hasn’t even spoken to her yoga instructor mom ever since she stood by her side at the royal wedding.
“Doria’s heartbroken and nervous and feels Meghan’s shutting her out,” the source told Radar. “She’s called, texted and emailed, but nada. Doria’s biggest fear, one that she’s felt ever since Meghan told her she was engaged to the Prince, is that she’d never hear from or see Meghan again.”
“This is classic Meghan,” the insider explained, adding “she’s Royalty now. She’s part of that family and now she’s ice cold to everyone, including her own mother.”
As Radar readers know, Doria Ragland felt miserable after she was forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement for the royal family.
“Doria can’t eat, speak or otherwise open her mouth about Meghan unless she clears it with the Royal family,” a source close to the new Duchess of Sussex told to Radar.
Photos possibly set up to try and get sympathy from the public but that wouldn’t make sense since day one people had Meghan’s motive and knew that she’d throw away people that she no longer has use for.

Except she's not royalty - she married into royalty.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2018, 01:39:50 pm »

^All I get when I click on those links is "Your access to this site has been limited".  Weird, never been to that site.

Sorry about that, very strange.  I just  tested the links I put on here and yes, I got through okay.   Unsure where you live, but maybe that happens if you are outside the UK.  Although I have been abroad on holiday and still got through to the Spivey page.  Very odd indeed.

@AnaBolena  GB, that makes for some very spooky reading.  Especially if true  I have generally found most of what he writes is true, and especially as a few years ago the police tried to close him down and prosecute.  All on his page.  His site went down.  WhY?  Too close to the truth, why bother to do that if not close to home.  I dislike all his tattoos and his "colourful" language, which appears to have toned down a bit, however, IMO it takes credibility away from  him, which is a shame.  I can take the tattoos/language, as I say, don´t like it, but he does a lot of good articles on many things, not just the rf.   A shame a lot of people will not see past the tats and the language, they are missing out if they but knew it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:45:08 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
marion
Duchess

« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2018, 02:03:28 pm »

^^^I'm sure you're right!! 
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2018, 04:40:00 pm »

^^ True.  I often wondered if he endangers his own life. 

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Bella
Baroness

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2018, 05:41:16 pm »

Did anyone else read the article & comments posted somewhere that said that PH was the sacrifice? I’ve been looking for that & appears to be MIA! I’m not cpu savvy & don’t know how to save “good & Impt” things which might explain PH expressions.
Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2018, 07:08:11 pm »

Except she's not royalty - she married into royalty.

thumbsup

Meghan alienated her entire family the moment she became engaged to Harry, so it is not surprising that she is ignoring her mother.  She believes that she is better than her family now.  I think it's going to be a bit of poetic justice when she wakes up one day alone in KP with no friends or family while Harry is off having affairs.  She will definitely get her wish of being Diana 2.0 then.

As for her mother, I have no sympathy.  After hearing about the planned interview with Oprah, it is hard to know whether Doria is broken hearted about the lack of communication from her daughter or the fact that she is not allowed to talk or gain any fame from her daughter's recent meal ticket marriage.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2018, 07:38:24 pm »

Secrets of Meghan's signature: Expert reveals why the Duchess' handwriting has changed since she met Harry - and how the 'protector' prince has brought out his bride's relaxed side

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5790203/How-Meghan-Markles-handwriting-changed-meeting-Harry.html#ixzz5HCTwyuML
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2018, 09:16:38 pm »

I don't think MEggles has ever been uptight, so I can't see Harry bringing out her relaxed side.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2018, 10:36:16 pm »

^ Indeed. Likely bs to make her seem all "stiff and proper" but the "royal" will make her all relaxed and carefree. lols sure. yeahright

Articles all "Murky talked a gazillion times with her dad since the wedding" but also "Murky now cut Doria out who had to sign a non disclosure agreement", and I have no trouble at all believing the latter. Doria was flown in last minute and it seems immediately out again. Doria may have banked on quitting her job and moving to London, not sure anymore Murky is for it. We shall see. bored3
marion
Duchess

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2018, 11:29:13 pm »

There was talk of Doria opening her own yoga place, maybe with so.e if the money from an Oprah interview. If she's signed a non disclosure contract that money will be just a pipe dream . Maybe reality is hitting  her now just as it will surely for murky
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2018, 11:36:29 pm »

^I had the same thought.

Laura Kennedy: Prince Harry’s new wife has sacrificed her freedom and her career

At a time when so much of the way we interpret reality is funnelled through gender and race, Meghan Markle’s inclusion in the British royal family is bound to draw comment. That she is an American, a divorcee and a biracial person born into an ordinary family (whatever that means) would seem to disqualify her, at least historically, from marrying a British prince. Markle seems very likable – she certainly looks and behaves like a princess – and the bond between her and her new husband appears genuine and tender. In a world often characterised by hardship and unkindness, the wedding was a lovely story. In feminist terms, however, it is more complicated. So when I put down my slice of Victoria sponge I noticed some inconsistencies in people’s reactions.

Little is less progressive than marrying into aristocracy and living a cave existence that suffragettes died to pull women out of

Feminists approach women’s choices from different perspectives. According to one of them, there are feminist choices – those that empower – and nonfeminist choices – those that disempower, based on complicity in what the patriarchy dictates women should do, such as stepping away from a career in favour of staying at home and focusing on motherhood. But every form of feminism considers the world primarily in terms of power structures, and the goal is always to subvert the patriarchy as the movement interprets it.

Most friends I spoke with were intrigued by the royal wedding, and described it as progressive, which surprised me. They described Markle, as she describes herself, as a feminist, and considered the marriage a progressive triumph.

Surely, if you believe in the concept of nonfeminist choices, this marriage would be a problem. Little is less progressive than marrying into aristocracy and living a cave existence that suffragettes died to pull women out of: a life of domestication where you are not free to express your opinion, must change your appearance as “modesty” dictates, and have at least your public persona defined almost entirely by your relationship with your husband and in-laws.

Sure, Markle will do philanthropic work stemming from her marriage to a prince. She will do so, she says, in the mantle of feminism and equality. The irony of this, coming from a woman who has sacrificed her freedom and her career for marriage, and chosen to marry into one of the most conservative, classist and wealthy families on the planet, seems lost on both feminists and the media. The choice to sacrifice career in favour of marriage and motherhood is not considered acceptable in modern feminism. Markle’s choice to marry is, with luck, a source of great personal joy. But it is not progressive.

Their completely uncritical fascination with the royal wedding suggests that many women, despite their beliefs about gender and class equality, still want to be princesses. The notion of being saved from harsh reality by an exorbitantly wealthy man, and sheltered in a private estate or castle, while being admired for very traditional characteristics such as beauty, grace and elegance is clearly still intoxicating to many. These women dream of marriage as a ticket out of the ordinary lives they have worked to build for themselves.

This seems incompatible with any respectable form of feminism. Yes, the wedding was lovely, but it was not a triumph for equality. To marry into an ivory tower yet claim to represent equality is madness. To make such a marriage is to condone inequality in the most public and fundamental sense.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/meghan-markle-cannot-be-a-princess-and-a-feminist-1.3511455

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2018, 03:30:02 pm »

Why the Queen Feels Meghan Markle Needs a 'Steadying Hand
While Meghan Markle has already proven adept at navigating royal outings alongside her husband Prince Harry, she is still very much in learning mode.

With her first solo public duty alongside Queen Elizabeth, 92, scheduled for June 14, the newly minted Duchess of Sussex is being immersed in just how the reigning monarch — who has more than seven decades of experience under her belt — conducts an “away day.”

“The Queen knows the potential pitfalls of not giving [new members] a guiding hand,” Ingrid Seward, author of the recent biography of the Queen and Prince Philip, My Husband & I, tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue. “It’s all about the monarchy. She can’t expect Meghan to know everything without being shown.”

“She doesn’t want 70 years of hard work to be for nothing,” adds Seward.”I’m sure she feels Meghan needs a steadying hand in these early days.”
https://people.com/royals/why-the-queen-feels-meghan-markle-needs-a-steadying-hand/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
marion
Duchess

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2018, 06:11:31 pm »

If Betty doesn't want 70 years of hard work to be for nothing she shouldn't have allowed the Mids in and there are other issues discussed in members only section that she should have dealt with. The monarchy is cooked as a result of her inaction so her 70 years of hard work will soon count for Diddley squit

And as for murky needing a steadying hand, the only thing murky needs is a big boot up her backside to propel her back to the US of A
india
Princess

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2018, 06:13:42 pm »

^ thumbsup
marion
Duchess

« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2018, 09:03:50 pm »

thankyou
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: