Royal Gossip
March 27, 2019, 03:27:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 68107 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1100 on: November 22, 2018, 03:29:48 pm »

What these idiots don't get, is that it has lasted as long as it has BECAUSE of the fact that the rules and customs last. Same reason we have the US Constitution, it has proven that it works. Third, it's not and never will be Meg's place, or Harry's place to change things. Only the Sovereign and the Consort are allowed to make adjustments and even then, only to a limited effect without disrupting everyone else's lives and positions. I view the idea of modernizing the monarchy as a way of just MAKING everyone adjust their lives around the royal (as if they aren't the center of things enough as it is) and change to suit themselves, their wants and preferences and trivial needs. Meg wants to change the way things are done that make HER the center stage, not the more direct line and the rest of them (Harry and William) just want the taxpayer to support them while they party and give the middle finger to everyone around them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1101 on: November 22, 2018, 05:28:37 pm »

"modern" and "monarchy" sure are oxymorons, but to be fair some steps can be taken, I have read the Dutch abolished curtseying for example. I never understood the claim that "the British are the most old fashioned of the [Western] monarchies", and then I saw how the others do it and then I was like "yep, now I get it".

On a whole though a monarchy doesn't belong into our world. It's a ridiculous and laughable thing.

No one person can change it, esp not someone down the pecking order like the spare's wife. And in a new twist: this spare's wife has the least understanding of what the monarchy is, due to being a gold digging foreigner. What the life as Winds means hit Diana hard and she was part of the system.

How can you be a feminist and married into the BRF please explain it to me.

Ask Megsy laugh sigh

^^^ Yes!!
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1102 on: November 22, 2018, 06:16:11 pm »

One thing is for sure, she will help bring it down ultimately. When the Brits realize BRF are the biggest scam holding on to their power by the idea England's tourism will suffer somehow if they go, they will go. And having a trash person in the senior hold will only help people realize "Why Bother". Divine Right of rule is gone now forever with Waity and ESPECIALLY Murks in the bloodline. So there is no real good purpose when people wake up and realize that people will always tour Great Britian and the savings of taxes and gaining of the Crown Estates and income property will certainly put food on people's tables. But it will take time and time for Murks to pull many fast ones.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1103 on: November 22, 2018, 06:22:55 pm »

What these idiots don't get, is that it has lasted as long as it has BECAUSE of the fact that the rules and customs last. Same reason we have the US Constitution, it has proven that it works. Third, it's not and never will be Meg's place, or Harry's place to change things. Only the Sovereign and the Consort are allowed to make adjustments and even then, only to a limited effect without disrupting everyone else's lives and positions. I view the idea of modernizing the monarchy as a way of just MAKING everyone adjust their lives around the royal (as if they aren't the center of things enough as it is) and change to suit themselves, their wants and preferences and trivial needs. Meg wants to change the way things are done that make HER the center stage, not the more direct line and the rest of them (Harry and William) just want the taxpayer to support them while they party and give the middle finger to everyone around them.

I think it will devolve in Charles' reign and after. The super self indulgence he displayed with the many birthdays is only the beginning. There may not be a monarchy when George comes of age.

It is more and more embarrassing when royals try to preach to the public.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1104 on: November 22, 2018, 06:24:36 pm »

^^ Hopefully! I agree.
The "tourism" line is really laughable. France is laughing all the way to the bank, shaking its head in disbelief.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1105 on: November 22, 2018, 06:40:14 pm »

It is laughable about the tourism. I was telling this to an ex-patriot yesterday. WHO goes over to GB on vacation/holiday to see the BRF? NO ONE. Who ever sees the BRF when touring around the place? I have gone several times and went to school for a semester and never saw a member of the BRF. It didn't stop me from returning there. I have never heard of any friend/ worker or even stranger talking about how they saw any member of the BRF while traveling in England, Ireland, Scotland, etc., except the time I accompanied someone to an international  Highland Games event in Scotland who had an invitation through aristocratic friends to a party CHarles was attending. He was the acting Chief of our clan at the time and we were there for a convention of Scottish Chiefs and a festival not really touring although we did that too. At the festival, I arrived late and missed good old Charles's appearence. But I am the only one I know that even has a story like that. So no, it is clear that tourism will be strong without them and so will the taxpayers pocketbooks.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 06:45:21 pm by lesken » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1106 on: November 22, 2018, 06:46:38 pm »

^Honestly, I’d be more likely to go to London if they weren’t around so there was full access to all palaces.  I know.  OT.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1107 on: November 22, 2018, 07:56:30 pm »

^^ & ^ Exactly!! On top of that I have to admit that I deliberately don't go to their places (aka palaces), because I don't want to line their coffers even further Embarrassed I know there are some great exhibitions, but I rather pay for another exhibition elsewhere than for these rich & shameless dolts.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #1108 on: November 22, 2018, 08:14:19 pm »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-asked-still-watches-13320474

Sorry if this has been posted before but I just found it.

"According to The Express the brothers asked Meghan if she'd watched the new episodes of Suits. She is believed to have simply replied with a "no" before swiftly turning the conversation back to the awards."

Seems like she's desperate for everyone to forget her history on a cable TV show. Ties in with her royal bio originally not mentioning anything about it either  bored3
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1109 on: November 22, 2018, 08:36:24 pm »

^ lmao! Doesn't look obvious at all (that she wants everyone to forget about Suits).
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1110 on: November 22, 2018, 08:50:23 pm »

The British monarchy, like all other monarchies, have modernised every single century and even more often than that e.g. The Queen got rid of the debutante presentations of rich girls and replaced them with garden parties to allow a broader range of the country's population to be honoured.

She started doing walkabouts to have greater connection to the people rather than just driving past and waving. She meet with lepers in the 1950s and helped remove the stigma around them.

We don't still have to bow and curtsey - her decision that is wasn't necessary - along with walking backwards in her presence etc.

If the monarchy doesn't modernise then they will be in trouble. The Queen has done a lot of modernising but at with the advice of her children and grandchildren as well. It isn't just one person making the decisions about modernising but a family affair. They even had a group for many years - The Way Ahead Group - which was the Queen, her children and William discussing how to keep the monarchy relevant into the 21st century. Although it no longer has regular meetings the family still do discuss how to do things so that they are relevant.

If they don't remain relevant they will fall and the way that William and Harry do things, compared to Charles for instance, is different but also they were different to how the Queen and before her George VI and George V did things.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1111 on: November 22, 2018, 10:11:42 pm »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-asked-still-watches-13320474
Sorry if this has been posted before but I just found it.

"According to The Express the brothers asked Meghan if she'd watched the new episodes of Suits. She is believed to have simply replied with a "no" before swiftly turning the conversation back to the awards."

Seems like she's desperate for everyone to forget her history on a cable TV show. Ties in with her royal bio originally not mentioning anything about it either

Of course she is desperate to forget; I am dead sure she only used her 'career' to advance herself socially and now that she's where she is, she wants to distance herself from the past as much as she can. She keeps trying to erase even her past marriage (wearing virginal white to her wedding and also trying to come across as demure).

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1112 on: November 23, 2018, 04:16:18 pm »

Okay I went to Thanksgiving last night at my brother's and my son and his girlfriend were there. She had gone to Marlborough Girls' School for High School like I did. We were talking about girls' schools in L.A. and low and behold her close cousin had gone to Immaculate Heart during the Markles years and had been in a book club with her. The cousin wrote a book and Murks illustrated it. My future daughter in law (I hope) had talked to her coz about the Murks when she got engaged to Haza and apparently in high school, she was nice and very smart getting good grades. Her mom was around, not the dad, and the mom was smart as well. She ran into her from time to time prior to her departure to Canada and Suits and said she was very well spoken and always nice to her. So that is the pre royal Suits take from a high school classmate. I think she has a good side that has gone to recess in her head as she gained fame.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1113 on: November 23, 2018, 05:27:55 pm »

Same here. I also think that along the way she threw away being a decent person mainly so she could get fame, huge fame, but it never worked out.

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1114 on: November 23, 2018, 06:45:20 pm »

^ She did get huge fame, just not in acting, so it paid off I guess. I wonder where she became such a proficient liar. Being intelligent and clever/cunning I see how one can. I was wondering at what point did she develop that because if you were in a smaller type girls school, they would notice and you would have a reputation among the girls. Girls talk especially when there are no boys to occupy them. Brit offered to get more information but I don't want to put her coz on any spot because I will post it.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1115 on: November 24, 2018, 04:50:52 pm »

The link to the American documentary Meghan's New Life: The Real Pricess Diaries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSgRDDS8FRQ

IMO, this documentry just cemented my view that she was deliberately chosen to play the race card; to have the royal family seen as inclusive to the younger generation who's now on this bent of calling everything racist that doesn't have a hint of color like the British royal family prior to this trollop. They bascally stated as much in the last five minutes of the pogram. I love it when André Leon Talley said she shouldn't bring any scandal.  eating cookies  Oops, too late.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1116 on: November 24, 2018, 05:39:30 pm »

You know, I find it irritating that the BRF still think they can play the PR game without anyone figuring out what their real intentions are. You would think that the palace would stop being so manipulative and controlling, despite the fact that the jig was up and no one believes in their official narrative anymore.

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1117 on: November 24, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »

I believe that is why the BRf have accepted her. This ex-patriot I was talking to said from what she hears the Brits were shocked the Queen allowed the marriage but accept times are changing and in her opinion like her. ( This is mainly according to her sister in law.) She also says Charles will abdicate which I know is not true absent some scandal ala murder level. So I take her thoughts as an ex with a grain of salt. But although Harry did not marry her for that reason, the BRF might have realized that it would be pr to keep them in power. If they were so caring about the people they would not pr the public and just step down and be who they really are. HM is compelled to do whatever to keep the Monarchy in place and I believe she is controlled by higher powers in control. And I am beginning to think they let the Murks get to Harry for a purpose as they figured he is attracted to her sorts. And I know he has a big natural affinity to Africa and the people there. She has gotten much more black looking since she joined the Royals and has made herself more plain to be a more adapted symbol of the masses.  And she uses it even with her enormous ego. So this is a plot of some sort because there are high stakes on keeping that family in place for the powers behind them. Radical I may sound, but I think it is true logically. I welcome opposite opinions.

Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1118 on: November 24, 2018, 07:02:54 pm »

The Queen doesn't interfere with marriages and at her advanced age, probably doesn't care. Charles will not abdicate, but I think his sons need to remove themselves from the Succession.

Funny how they get the support of the sugars, but it's they who are dragging the institution down. It's doubtful they like Markle more than anybody else - Harry hardly knew her, and the rest of the family of course would know her even less. They don't need a fame-seeking foreigner in their midst. She's a hindrance, not a benefit.

The one thing going, and this is only on a superficial level, is that she loves to hog the cameras and pretend she's working and helping the Monarchy. We know how lazy some of the others can be - the grandchildren are NOT pulling their weight. No Princess Annes amongst them looking out for the Monarchy and just getting things done without major fanfare.   sigh
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #1119 on: November 24, 2018, 07:36:43 pm »

I believe that is why the BRf have accepted her. This ex-patriot I was talking to said from what she hears the Brits were shocked the Queen allowed the marriage but accept times are changing and in her opinion like her. ( This is mainly according to her sister in law.) She also says Charles will abdicate which I know is not true absent some scandal ala murder level. So I take her thoughts as an ex with a grain of salt. But although Harry did not marry her for that reason, the BRF might have realized that it would be pr to keep them in power. If they were so caring about the people they would not pr the public and just step down and be who they really are. HM is compelled to do whatever to keep the Monarchy in place and I believe she is controlled by higher powers in control. And I am beginning to think they let the Murks get to Harry for a purpose as they figured he is attracted to her sorts. And I know he has a big natural affinity to Africa and the people there. She has gotten much more black looking since she joined the Royals and has made herself more plain to be a more adapted symbol of the masses.  And she uses it even with her enormous ego. So this is a plot of some sort because there are high stakes on keeping that family in place for the powers behind them. Radical I may sound, but I think it is true logically. I welcome opposite opinions.
i dont think any of them accept Meghan... the only one who appeared enthusiastic about engagement was Camilla... appears make sense when it's reported now Meghan get on with her and Charles... in a way, meghan is pr gift to them ...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: