Royal Gossip
March 21, 2019, 09:05:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess Meghan: News and Random chat 2018  (Read 67837 times)
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1000 on: October 30, 2018, 02:04:05 pm »

^ easter-lol I wonder how big a bump she’ll decide on.  laugh

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1001 on: October 30, 2018, 02:25:38 pm »

I'll say that what will happen is that after the 22 hour flight back to the UK Harry and Meghan will have a few days rest and then it will be the Remembrance Day Service and the run up to it in which Harry takes part. Plus, after that it is probably the Sussexes turn to turn up to see The Royal Variety Show this year. I think the Cambridges did it last year.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1002 on: October 30, 2018, 03:02:26 pm »

^ I'm wondering if -- after her antics lo these long two weeks -- the queen will wish for the pregnant duchess to rest and put her bunions up and not stand out in the cold on a balcony for the Remembrance Day Service.  Yes, we shall see.   flower
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1003 on: October 30, 2018, 03:17:54 pm »

I think royal brides need to be seen. What's the point of the royals if they sit home?
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1004 on: October 30, 2018, 03:25:03 pm »

^ The royals will be at the service.  The Hollywood Horror can stay at SoHo and sift through the media coverage of Her Wonderous Self as she schlepped through the tour.     easter-James
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1005 on: October 30, 2018, 09:51:12 pm »

^ That will be a sight to see. If she is sat home on pregnancy rest, I'll personally sign up for DM and log 50 praising comments for all the royals on the balcony. I'll get one for Kate too.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1006 on: October 31, 2018, 12:44:34 am »

This is what she signed up to do, she can't sit home and laze around and occasionally get to prance around London like Pippa does. She needs to be out working.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1007 on: October 31, 2018, 12:58:43 am »

She needs to follow the rules though and clearly she’s not. Then again, the royal family didn’t follow protocol in how she was fast tracked in and was given allowances that no royal bride before was ever given so it’s quite stupid on their part if they expect her to follow their rules. It’s quite a head scratcher why Harry would be interested in this vapid narc who only did one off charity trips to boost her image and to make her cv/resume look well rounded as an actress/humanitarian and feminist/activist. All actresses do this, so Meghan’s nothing out of the ordinary. There’re articles that are rightly critical of her behavior on the holiday tour. The royal family and Harry have some explaining to do regarding havingvthis woman represent the crown and the UK because this is quite nuts.

Keep Calm and Carry On
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #1008 on: October 31, 2018, 01:38:19 am »

^ easter-lol I wonder how big a bump she’ll decide on.  laugh

Possibly a 5 month size as she deplanes then no bump the next time we see her.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1009 on: October 31, 2018, 01:53:10 pm »

She needs to follow the rules though and clearly she’s not. Then again, the royal family didn’t follow protocol in how she was fast tracked in and was given allowances that no royal bride before was ever given so it’s quite stupid on their part if they expect her to follow their rules. It’s quite a head scratcher why Harry would be interested in this vapid narc who only did one off charity trips to boost her image and to make her cv/resume look well rounded as an actress/humanitarian and feminist/activist. All actresses do this, so Meghan’s nothing out of the ordinary. There’re articles that are rightly critical of her behavior on the holiday tour. The royal family and Harry have some explaining to do regarding havingvthis woman represent the crown and the UK because this is quite nuts.

Unfortunately, the family can't be voted out. And the one chosen to be the next monarch has been the first born male (now it's either male or female first born). The first one could not be as competent as the others so the structure is a problem.

Meghan is not an actress anymore, she signed up with the royals to work for them  when she married Harry

Her C.V. is on the official royal family page and it does not include "feminist/activist".

She can learn from experience. If she shunted away some place because the royals listen to those articles (by some people who don't like her in the first place) she can't learn from experience. So it's a catch 22 situation.

Harry and Meghan were assigned this tour. They don't go around picking out tours for themselves the Queen's courtiers work on a royal calendar that is published and they are assigned although they might have some leeway on the patronages.

I think there is such a thing as constructive criticism but I don't think the articles that talk about her physical features in a bad way are constructive because there's not much that can be done there. When I see criticism about her nose shape, it gets into Kardashian territory which is not a good t hing.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 01:54:51 pm by sandy » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1010 on: October 31, 2018, 02:00:20 pm »

Sorry, but any public figure supported by tax dolllars, including those notvoted in, are subject to any and all criticisms no matter how it’s stated.  The fact that the People have no voice in their placement and privilege will always bring resentment with it.  No free lunches here, suck it up or step down.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1011 on: October 31, 2018, 02:05:47 pm »

As I said this is not a one off for her. She is learning. She got married a few months ago. And yes, there is such a thing as constructive criticism. And courtiers notice these things and this can be applied to her further improvement and practice.

If she does not practice she can't learn.

And yes, the constructive criticism is good for her. How to dress better, more appropriately, what not to do or say, and study up on protocol.

There is room for improvement and it's good if she can learn and improve. She can't if she's pushed out.

And as I said, the structure of the institution does not allow for people to be re-elected or voted out.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1012 on: October 31, 2018, 02:16:23 pm »

^Fine.  Then what’s the beef with criticism that some of it isn’t nice?  It’s built into the system for people who don’t really earn their job.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1013 on: October 31, 2018, 02:41:00 pm »

I'm talking about criticizing her nose, feet, hair etc etc. Not the way she works. The body parts criticism borders on Kardashian territory.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1014 on: October 31, 2018, 03:37:12 pm »

^Too bad.  She married into an unelected, publicly funded position.  She has no say so in what people say about her.  If she doesn't like it, or people don't like it, then have them get off the dole, get jobs and truly be "normal".  Then and only then would she have a right to fight back or state her views or defense.  About the best she can do is jump on the anti cyber bullying train but that's been played by everyone with few if any results.

Personally, I think not having a voice for her many outrages will bother her more than anything else. I'm not sure she can even vote in the UK or USA.  Maybe for the US midterms.

All I can manage is this Forum.  And unless somebody says something that is threatening or stating they've done something illegal without documentation, it's not against our rules.  Her appearance is open to debate.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #1015 on: October 31, 2018, 04:04:59 pm »

She needs a non-political cause or charity and speak on that. There are so many out there from which to choose.

I would be very surprised if she votes in the USA (by mail in ballot).

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1016 on: October 31, 2018, 04:32:52 pm »

^A leftist Californian not vote?  I’d be shocked if she didn’t.

Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #1017 on: October 31, 2018, 05:42:33 pm »

The DM is letting her have it! They have an article about her feet!  laugh laugh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6338507/How-Meghans-love-heels-left-bunion.html

Bunion removal  huh  ick
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/31/16/5620438-6338507-image-m-29_1541004827381.jpg
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1018 on: October 31, 2018, 06:28:06 pm »

^  Ooh, I'm glad the DM finally put her feet photos in there.  I've seen them on another site but couldn't link it.  Her feet are horrendous.  Huge in size and deformed.  Why doesn't she wear hosiery to hide her ugly feet?
 ick

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/31/17/5620442-6338507-image-m-33_1541005372813.jpg
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #1019 on: October 31, 2018, 06:48:37 pm »

Please no more open toe shoes  ick

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/30/14/5497836-6306349-For_her_speech_at_Government_House_Meghan_wore_a_navy_cocktail_d-m-9_1540911189397.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: