Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:09:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 77   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Press Articles & Random Chat  (Read 67555 times)
Katydid and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1400 on: November 08, 2018, 11:10:52 pm »

^ The princes of Charles were born with a  lucrative job awaiting them with fantastic perks of jet setting and attending events, parades, premiers, galas,  etc. and getting gifts after their schooling days and military days were over. The women they married share the job and get flowers and other gifts. Most people pay to go to those type of events and support charity as a hobby. These guys get this as a job paid by taxpayers and monies earned through the duchies( it should go back to the Brits) which are not taxed the same for PC as it would be for others. So technically it is work but really it is a lot of fun in my opinion funded by the Brits in many ways.  But they probably think they earn their living.

The only constant is change.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #1401 on: November 09, 2018, 12:02:40 am »

And, here we go!!!    easter-James

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7695724/royal-wedding-meghan-markle-difficult-behaviour/

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1402 on: November 09, 2018, 12:13:56 am »

^ you beat me to it. Yes indeed, things are going to get very interesting indeed.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1403 on: November 09, 2018, 12:34:34 am »

^^ Well the article confirms what I have thought and it is they can't be that happy about her in the family.    Lips Sealed

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1404 on: November 09, 2018, 01:05:19 am »

The royal insider added: “Meghan can be difficult.
“She has very high stndards and is used to working in a Hollywood environment.

Bunk; Meg in fact isn't used to Hollywood, she's used to Toronto and she's certainly not at all someone who has any business being so snotty.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1405 on: November 09, 2018, 02:45:34 am »

'She'll get what she's given': Queen 'had words' with Harry over 'very difficult' Meghan's choice of wedding tiara
* Meghan Markle reportedly wanted a tiara with emeralds for her wedding day
* Prince Harry 'hit the roof' when they were told the headpiece was off-limits
* The Queen stepped had aword with Prince Harry about 'difficult' Meghan, a royal insider claimed
The source added that after a 'very heated exchange' with staff, the Queen stepped in and told Prince Harry: 'Meghan cannot have whatever she wants. She gets what tiara she's given by me.'
The monarch also questioned by Meghan needed a veil since the wedding was her second, according to the insider.
'The message from the Queen was very much that Meghan needed to think about how she speaks to staff members and be careful to follow family protocols,' the source said.
Former actress Megan is 'used to working in a Hollywood environment' and so can be 'difficult,' the source said.
She has also reportedly clashed with the Duchess of Cambridge over how staff are treated, according to the source,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6370099/Queen-words-Harry-difficult-Meghans-choice-wedding-tiara.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1406 on: November 09, 2018, 02:51:31 am »

Who exactly is the "insider"? The DM is not letting in many comments this time around.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #1407 on: November 09, 2018, 03:28:23 am »

I'm not surprised she had a fit because she wanted something HUGE. I was shocked the tiara was as small as it was, given how greedy MEggles is.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1408 on: November 09, 2018, 03:45:00 am »

^^the DM stopped taking comments, but the 4 that's there's racking upplenty of green arrows. Harry's coming off like an emotionally abused man.  eating cookies I think the fact that he has PSTD will come into play.
Meghan Markle baffled by Prince Harry and William's OBSESSION
In new documentary Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70 the Duke of Sussex reveals his pregnant wife Meghan, is baffled by his “obsession” to turn the lights out when a room is not in use and even when it is.
Prince Harry explained the habit is one he picked up from his father, Prince Charles, who will turn 70 on November 4.
He said: “He's a stickler for turning lights off.
“And that's now something that I'm obsessed with as well, which is insane because actually my wife goes 'Well, why turn the lights off? You know it's dark'.
I go 'we only need one light, we don't need like six', and all of a sudden, it becomes a habit and those small habit changes he's making, every single person can do.
“And I think that's one of the key lessons certainly that I felt that he taught us.”
Prince William chipped in and told of his “OCD” for turning lights off.
He said: "I know I've got serious OCD on light switches now which is terrible."
The programme also revealed other habits the brothers inherited from their father.
Harry said: “I used to get taken the mickey out of at school for just picking up rubbish.
“I don't go consciously looking for it. When you go for walks anywhere, if you see something, it stands out, you pick it up.”
He added: “It's like I've literally done this because I'm programmed to do it, because my father did it. Actually, we should all be doing it.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1042897/meghan-markle-news-prince-harry-prince-william-bbc-charles-at-70
She sounds really dumb. Didn't she present herself to care about the environment? Harry's right to turn off the lights where they're not needed. Funny about Harry picking up rubbish, in this case Meghan.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1409 on: November 09, 2018, 04:03:35 am »

* The Queen stepped had aword with Prince Harry about 'difficult' Meghan, a royal insider claimed
The source added that after a 'very heated exchange' with staff, the Queen stepped in and told Prince Harry: 'Meghan cannot have whatever she wants. She gets what tiara she's given by me.'

If Meg is challenging HM, I am certain that Meg is placing herself in VERY hot water and I am dead sure that Charles is seething livid about it. Charles has bugged HM, but for Meg to try to dictate what HM will give to her, is something else entirely. Seriously, one of HM's prerogatives is to decide who gets which pieces of jewelry from among the Crown Jewels and clearly Meg is showing HM that she (Meg) will challenge HM at every turn and Meg clearly is unaware that she (Meg) has no rights at all. She's now a SUBJECT of the Crown, not a citizen and all she has is the right of HM to decide, not her PR or herself.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1410 on: November 09, 2018, 04:21:12 am »

^ I think that Meg is being difficult to the queen's staff, thinking that she can freely treat them as garbage but the queen stepped in and put her in her place by giving her the smallest tiara in the vault. I like the queen. Clearly staff is treated as human beings and with dignity in her household, not as servants.

^^I don't see it as obsession. It's the normal thing to do. If you're not in a room, turn the lights off. Otherwise it's a waste of electricity. Especially if you're earth conscious. There are light bulbs that save electricity, there are gadget that run on Solar energy.

It's not OCD to pick up trash if you see trash. It's admirable. If Will lives for even just a month in Japan he will be delighted.  There are zero public trash cans in the entire country with 80 mil in very dense population and everyone is trained (if they don't there are serious consequences) to carry a small plastic bag for their personal trash with them, and then when you go home you don't just throw it away - you separate it, and this is the law. This is the cleanest country I have ever seen and everyone takes personal responsibility to contribute to the cleanliness.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:25:54 am by Ariel » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1411 on: November 09, 2018, 04:38:47 am »

sorry for the double post, the edit timed out

'She'll get what she's given': Queen 'had words' with Harry over 'very difficult' Meghan's choice of wedding tiara
That sentence bothered me a lot. The level of imperturbability and impudence in Megan must be Jedi. The audacity to go to the queen's staff and start picking up what she wants from The Queen's jewelry for herself. And then daring to treat the queen's staff as if she's still on the trailer in Toronto for a minuscule cable production where people have to put up with her abusive behavior because they need the job in the production. Jedi level.

* Meghan Markle reportedly wanted a tiara with emeralds for her wedding day
Didn't Eugenie get the emerald tiara for her wedding?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:41:23 am by Ariel » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1412 on: November 09, 2018, 05:54:18 am »

The tiara that Meghan wore was larger than the one worn by Kate on her wedding day and had been a favourite of Queen Mary's. And why would Meghan be shown a tiara that she couldn't wear in the first place?

Plus, under no circumstances whatever would the Queen tick her grandson off in front of aides/staff or make complaints about his fiancée's 'attitude' in other people's hearing. She has never done so about any other family member and it would be a bit late to be starting at 92!

I think Robert Jobson has a pro-Charles and pro-Cambridges agenda in this new biography of his, which is where these allegations came from.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1413 on: November 09, 2018, 07:23:05 am »

Maybe they didnt show it to her. She just said she wanted something with emerals and the only piece was Eugenie's. Most BRF tiaras are only diamonds.

How the staff is treated is what makes me doubt. Meghan as an american should be more casual with the staff than the rest.... though as it is said in my country dont serve someone that was used to serve.

Though reading on the article about how they couldnt use the tiara because the origin was russian... QE wears russian tiaras. Maybe it was more about that they didnt want to explain the origin of a piece.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:27:48 am by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1414 on: November 09, 2018, 08:02:54 am »

If Meg is challenging HM, I am certain that Meg is placing herself in VERY hot water and I am dead sure that Charles is seething livid about it. Charles has bugged HM, but for Meg to try to dictate what HM will give to her, is something else entirely. Seriously, one of HM's prerogatives is to decide who gets which pieces of jewelry from among the Crown Jewels and clearly Meg is showing HM that she (Meg) will challenge HM at every turn and Meg clearly is unaware that she (Meg) has no rights at all. She's now a SUBJECT of the Crown, not a citizen and all she has is the right of HM to decide, not her PR or herself.

The Queen doesn't let anyone wear anything from the Crown Jewels - other than herself. These are a very small set of jewels such as Crowns and other regalia relating to the Coronations and baptisms such as the font and ewer used for the holy water.

She does let out the jewels from the Royal Collection which includes things like tiaras, brooches, rings, necklaces, bracelets etc. This collection is very large and includes the tiaras that both brides wore this year.

Meghan is a citizen - of the USA. When she becomes British she will still be a citizen - of the UK. The UK population stopped being subjects back in the 1980s and are now citizens.

She still has rights ... just not as many as the average British person.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1415 on: November 09, 2018, 12:10:00 pm »

Meghan and Harry apologise for their VERY late thank you cards – as they continue to send well-wishers messages more than five months after the royal wedding
* Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been sending fans cards with wedding portrait
* Royal fans has revealed that she only received her thank you note this week
*The card was accompanied by a letter of apology from Kensington Palace
However, a royal fan has revealed that she only received her thank you note this week, accompanied by a letter of apology from Kensington Palace.

The head of general correspondence, Claudia Spens, explained how it had been a 'particularly busy time for this office', meaning that they have been 'unable to reply as quickly as we would have liked to'.

Fans who took the time to write to Meghan, 37, and Harry, 34, to congratulate them on their wedding first began sharing the thank you cards they had received in July.

However, royal blogger Gertrude Daly, who runs the Gerts Royal Replies blog, revealed how her card also came with a separate letter apologising for the delay.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6371299/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-apologise-late-thank-cards.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1416 on: November 09, 2018, 02:13:03 pm »

Actors are known to treat staff on sets badly. So it may be true. She may be more demanding than the English as I find my fellow Yanks can be that way.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1417 on: November 09, 2018, 02:46:54 pm »

Zero excuse. As for HM, Meg has no right to demand anything of someone who is the head of the family. HM is head of the family, head of the nation, and head of the Commonwealth. She is also Commander in Chief of the armed forces and head of the military of the Commonwealth nations. Meg is nothing, comes from nothing, and she has NEVER been of the caliber that would kind of justify snotty behavior towards anyone on any set. Her main 'set' experiences has been as part of a two bit television series that never really took off and she was mainly eye candy and a love puppet (to put it appropriately for this forum) and she has had no business looking down on anyone. Before she met Harry, she was a groupie at Soho House and was likely not treated with the same respect as the other members who had EARNED their place. So she has no business claiming that she is so used to high levels that she has some kind of natural right to demand the same standards from others around her.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1418 on: November 09, 2018, 03:13:46 pm »

In some ways, and, yes, I’m going to give a very small benefit of the doubt, Harry set her up to believe he is far more powerful than he actually is (or she wouldn’t be around).  Just because he’s blind as a bat where she’s concerned, for now, and gives her everything, that bears no resemblance to the hierarchy and reality of how the BRF really works.

Sorry, Sparkles!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1419 on: November 09, 2018, 03:48:00 pm »

Actors are known to treat staff on sets badly. So it may be true. She may be more demanding than the English as I find my fellow Yanks can be that way.

I would not say all of them do. There are stories about how generous some Hollywood stars were and are to people working with them on the set.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 77   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: