Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 11:33:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Press Articles & Random Chat  (Read 107049 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #520 on: July 27, 2018, 12:28:33 pm »

Revealed: How Harry and Meghan curled up to watch The Voice Kids at Kensington Palace – as finalist Donel Mangena says the Duke told him he was the newlyweds’ favourite
Donel Mangena appeared on Lorraine on Friday, and told how he met the royal newlyweds backstage at the Queen's 92nd birthday celebration at the Royal Albert Hall back in April, ahead of the show's finals.
The 16-year-old, from Manchester, said Harry told him 'we've got our money on you' when they met, while the Duchess squealed and gave him a cuddle when they were introduced.
Donel, who was chatting to stand-in host Christine Lampard about his journey on the TV talent show, said his encounter with the glamorous couple was one of the best moments of his life.   
Explaining how he went into Zoe Ball's dressing room backstage, he said: 'It was all so chilled, I was surprised there was no one there checking there wasn't a stray safety pin on the floor!'
'Harry and Meghan walked in and I expected a handshake but Meghan screamed my name and ran over to give me a hug.  laugh
'Getting a hug from Harry and Meghan was crazy! Harry was like "you're a star of the future, we've got our money on you."'
And speaking about the moment Harry introduced him on stage before shaking his hand, he added: 'Twitter went crazy at my handshake with Harry.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5998611/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-watch-Voice-Royal-couple-dubbed-Donel-Mangena-favourite.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #521 on: July 27, 2018, 03:55:41 pm »

@Windsor2 did you post this article because Megan is acting like a ridiculous teenager or was there another reason because I don't think I saw a comment of yours

The only constant is change.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #522 on: July 27, 2018, 07:01:21 pm »

^Thats just swell that this jumped the kid's career chances and all but this is not the D/D's role.  It should never be about what they like nor their choice, what they do or how they feel.  Did it ever occur to these two self-involved adolescents how the other contestants felt about this? 

In General:  For all that's holy please stop offending people and annoying everyone with your 15year-old behavior in public.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #523 on: July 27, 2018, 07:39:52 pm »

@lesken, it’s primarily because of her behavior.
Yooper, i think that the wedding was more of royalty marrying celebrity to get into that world so that celebrities that try to use the royal family can be shut down. The gusts at the wedding and those rumored to have gotten an invite either were high profile in Hollywood; George Clooney, and social media savy; Serena Williams, and Ellie Goulding who’s gaslighted Harry in the press with her name being linked to his romantically. Since the wedding, those articles have stopped and more truth is being told as to other stories like Ed Sheeran only meeting Harry once and not the rumored friendship that they have. It’s become difficult to now make money off your association with the royal family now. 

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #524 on: July 28, 2018, 06:12:53 am »

Royal exodus! Are Harry and Meghan among senior Royals escaping for their summer getaways?
PRINCE HARRY and Meghan Markle have been busy since they got married just two short months ago, having been seen at numerous public engagements, as well as making an official visit to Ireland.
But, it could be a while before we see them again.
After making an appearance at a charity polo match earlier this week - including a kiss captured by cameras from around the world - it is thought the newlywed pair will take their holiday in August.
Rumours have been swirling that the Duchess of Sussex was planning a trip home to the United States to visit her friends and family.
It couldn’t come at a better time for the new Duchess, whose birthday falls on August 4.
The Sussexs aren’t the only Royals looking to getaway.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/995445/royal-family-prince-harry-meghan-markle-duke-duchess-sussex-william-kate-queen-philip
Didn't mention where Harry will go.  huh Frica for him and America for her, hopefully to dell with the IRS and immigration as I'm sure she's violaed her visa by working in the UK via merchandising. Anything would be good to keep her over there for good.  eating cookies 

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #525 on: July 28, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »

Megan's behavior makes so much sence. She's courting the teenegers - the young, impressionable, gullible and moldable crowd.

^ Harry should go to a divorce lawyer. It embarrasing - the pda, the complete lack of decorum.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #526 on: July 28, 2018, 05:15:40 pm »

^the divorce lawyer that was involved with Diana and Charles divorce was at the wedding. IMO, I think an annulment will be done or better yet nothing because it was a blessing and not a proper marriage ceremony because of the queen’s attendance. May celebrities cater to the teenagers because they just accept what’s fed them. Look at the ridiculous following the youngest Jenner sister has and the success of her makeup brand.
This is also embarrassing to be pulled into this pathetic romance.
Getting the royal seal of approval? Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas are said to have visited Prince Harry and Meghan at their Oxfordshire home - in the same week the pop star 'proposed'
After a two-month whirlwind romance, Priyanka, 36, and Nick, 25, visited the Duke and Duchess of Sussex at their house in Oxfordshire, England, a source told Us Weekly.
The couple reportedly got engaged while celebrating Priyanka's 36th birthday in London on July 18, and it's only fitting that the Quantico star would want her new love and her dear friend to get acquainted.
Though it's unclear which royal residence the double date took place in, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly signed a two-year lease for an estate in Cotswolds after they got married.
The home is located on the 4,000-acre Great Tew Estate, which also houses the Soho Farmhouse.
The members-only club, which is a part of the Soho House Group, was special date spot for the royal couple during their courtship. It was also the reported location of Meghan's bridal shower and bachelorette party.
Meghan and Harry had their first blind date at a private dining room at Soho House, London, after being set up by their mutual friend, London-based Ralph Lauren PR director Violet von  Westenholz
Markus Anderson, a consultant for the Soho House and Meghan's close friend, was initially credited with being the matchmaker who brought them together.
Although he didn't technically didn't suggest their fateful meeting, he is said to have arranged the logistics of their first date.  eating cookies
Priyanka recently opened up about how she and the Duchess of Sussex have remained close since she's moved across the pond.
'I think friendships depend on people individually and how personal your relationship is,' she told People earlier this month.    tehe she’s going overboard with the pr pieces. She’s that desperate to stay in the press when, just like Meghan, is a rubbish actress and uses men to get jobs and press.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6001219/Priyanka-Chopra-Nick-Jonas-visited-Prince-Harry-Meghan-Oxfordshire-home.html
Finally admitting that Meghan’s staying at Soho House and that Markus had a hand in the dealings.  eating cookies
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:24:11 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #527 on: July 28, 2018, 07:07:22 pm »

^ Windsor, I don't understand why you say the marriage was a blessing (actually it wasn't  laugh). What do you mean?

Barnabe et Kitty...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #528 on: July 28, 2018, 07:31:48 pm »

It was not a blessing it was a C of E marriage ceremony. The Archbishop was interviewed and talked about the service itself. It was not a blessing. Harry and Meghan did not get married in a civil ceremony.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #529 on: July 28, 2018, 09:54:30 pm »

I'm with windsor on this one. The entire wedding seemed to be an in your face now-you-see-me diversion. The subsequent overclinging on Harry's arm and the in your face displeasure to be in the same room with Megan seem to support my suspicions that what we saw was not a legit wedding.

Little light
Countess

« Reply #530 on: July 28, 2018, 11:15:37 pm »

deGuernsey

Was the ceremony not regarded as a blessing because their first names were not used? Harry was called Harry and not Henry and Meghan was not called Rachel. Isn't her legal name Meghan and not Rachel? Or something along those lines.

But there was also that document signed by HM which suggested a marriage.

I think it was discussions along those lines which suggested it either was a legal marriage OR it was a blessing in a church.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #531 on: July 28, 2018, 11:49:03 pm »

The Archbishop said it was a Church of England wedding.

If they had  a "blessing" they would have walked to the registry office and had a civil ceremony then left the registry office and gone to WIndsor and got the blessing. It was clearly a wedding. I don't think legal names are necessary strictly speaking. Wasn't he called Henry in the ceremony? ANd she did not use her first name. 

A wife taking her husband's arm does not make the wedding illegitimate.

It was a Church of England wedding. Meghan got confirmed in the CHurch a few weeks before the wedding. It would also be announced in advance that it would be a blessing which is an entirely different ceremony in the C of E.

They are married.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #532 on: July 29, 2018, 06:07:01 am »

There are three approved Church of England wedding services.

1. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony from the Book of Common Prayer (1662)

2. A Form of Solemnization of Matrimony (Alternative Services: Series One) from Common Worship (1965)

This service was used in the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

3. The Marriage Service from Common Worship (2000)

Thie 2000 service was used in the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. The language used in this service is more informal than the earlier versions, and that was in keeping with the more informal style of the wedding. Shortening of names and middle names can be used in the vows. They must be names by which the groom and bride  are and have been known in their everyday adult lives.

William and Kate used the 1965 more traditional version.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #533 on: July 29, 2018, 03:42:11 pm »

No matter how the ceremony was they are married. Whether they stay married or not is the billion-dollar question.  people are just going to have to wait and put up with her. mediocre looks in their faces in the mags.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #534 on: July 29, 2018, 03:44:26 pm »

I hope they stay married.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #535 on: July 29, 2018, 05:54:16 pm »

@Sandy is a true optimist. God bless you for that. I am too cynical but they could last. I find her too flawed for that. But I know what you will say..Harry is also flawed.  Can two flaws make a right?

sandy
Princess

« Reply #536 on: July 29, 2018, 07:25:18 pm »

It's just that I find divorce drama in that family annoying.The Queen from what I read was so sick of it all she told ANne she had to stay married to Tim. Supposedly there was some trouble in that marriage. Maybe she'll just tell the young ones to work on the marriages.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #537 on: July 29, 2018, 08:15:57 pm »

Whoa!

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/176412057188/lila4-mia-soufi-prince-harry-wiped-his-lips

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
marion
Duchess

« Reply #538 on: July 29, 2018, 10:37:56 pm »

That says it all
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #539 on: July 30, 2018, 12:06:06 am »

^^ Good one, very funny! Esp his "wtf" type of look in contrast to her old "little girl adoring the prince" doe eyes! tehe
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: