Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 11:30:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Press Articles & Random Chat  (Read 107624 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #480 on: July 16, 2018, 07:53:41 am »

^ The catwalk pic wasn't an official engagement photo.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #481 on: July 16, 2018, 02:24:49 pm »

But that hideous catwalk picture is still "out there" as much as Kate's engagement picture. Maybe more so.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #482 on: July 16, 2018, 09:09:18 pm »

Agreed, Sandy. And we all know WHY she did it.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #483 on: July 17, 2018, 10:25:31 am »

The whole thing about the 'sexy' pictures smells like: You try to embarrass us Megsy, we're well versed in excuses not to be bad towards you, cause, you know, when the divorce papers get served to you, you'll only get a big boot out and a "You're welcome". But that's my take on it.

Now, the video of her trashing Harry's trunk has surfaced: https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/175974171118/skippyisheretostay-fellowcanuck
I don't know what to make of it but it looks like her royal highness is a car thief who was left empty handed. The security should have been prepared to not let her in in the first place.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #484 on: July 17, 2018, 02:24:35 pm »

I thought the engagement dressed looked dowdy rather than "sexy." It was a dark color and seemed more matronly to me.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #485 on: July 17, 2018, 02:37:28 pm »

It's been awhile since I've been married but don't wives get to go through their husbands cars
 what could he have hidden from her that she wouldn't be allowed to see in a car

The only constant is change.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #486 on: July 17, 2018, 06:30:46 pm »

Well, I have never gone through hubby´s car.  We have no secrets, and either can look through the car of the other, but unless you have something to suspect why bother.  Sometimes if I have dropped an earring or something in hubby´s car I will say I am going to go downstairs and search your car to see if I can find that earring (or whatever), he just says okay, and vice versa.  Murky sure looked very furtive and secretive when she was searching the boot of that car.  Why look like that if you are not doing anything wrong, that is the question to ask.  IMO she was defo up to something, searching for something she thinks might be in there.  Why not wait and just mention it when he returns from the match and say she is going to have a root around in the boot because she is looking for xyz.  If not furtive just ask.  I thought she looked as guilty as h*ll rooting in the back of that car, and kept looking around to try and make sure nobody had seen her.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #487 on: July 17, 2018, 07:19:10 pm »

Just came across this page.  Second comment down and some of the others, make of them what you will. True or false?  Who knows?  You never know what to believe about the rf these days, but IMO they sure are dysfunctional and a shady bunch.

http://alternaticity.boards.net/thread/71/duchy-sussex-dukes-duchesses?page=11
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2018, 04:19:53 pm »

If u believe David Icke then all of this is true.  I do believe Harry has issues and they did want him  married to someone. I do believe the royal family is drugged for the simple reason  they can afford docs that give them the drugs of choice. Is Harry gay maybe bisexual. Lots of them are. He may like younger men. It is very possible

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2018, 07:14:37 pm »

^Maybe dork haza is gay (or bisexual) I have read bits here and there on social media but never really took any notice.  Nothing would surprise me with that family, look at chucky and jimmy sovile, and then the Bishop or whatever Peter Ball, recently in the headlines.  Chucky found accommodation for him when he came out of prison, or something like that. Unfortunately the rf appear to be mega dysfunctional in  many areas.  Look at randy andy, PP similar situations have been well known over the years, just never got to the media.  Sadly, it is all rolling out now.  Dork haza would be no surprise to me if gay  -  I have nothing against gay people, at all, just be honest about it, rather than all this cloak and dagger stuff and trying to hide it all.  Maybe he was caught up in the "yacht girls" situation.  Who knows.   Friends of ours, their son is 46 now and he only "came out" that he was gay two years ago  -  we had realised for years that he was gay, never affected what we thought of him, just such a shame he left it so long, he is so much more relaxed and comfortable now, shame he left it so long.  Maybe dork haza is the same, or bisexual.   In this day and age even the rf are not going to be able to keep all those skeletons in the cupboard, overdue for them all falling out, and social media is full of it, people behind the scenes in the know would appear to be letting things slip here and there to their close friends, deliberately of course.  No hiding place for this lot for too much longer methinks.  Seems dork haza no different to the rest of that family. 
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2018, 07:49:15 pm »

There are recent studies that gay is a sexual orientation that is genetic. There's certainly a cultural aspect - men with lots and lots of money tend to get bored with women and try new and forbidden fruits. Some are even going as far as claiming that *nasty* is genrtic too... kind of like the addictions and the serial killers. Still doesn't make it acceptable. 

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2018, 09:26:27 pm »

Definitely think it's a genetic propensity although cultural attitude and freedom may give you the incentive to try it but either you really are gay or not or rather you either like having sex with the same sex or you don't whether you're bisexual or plain gay. But the rumors about Edward and Andrew and I always thought William was bisexual and it very well maybe the Harry is it just keeps it hidden

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #492 on: July 25, 2018, 02:10:10 am »

The monarchy again has to change and be relevant in the times of Brexit and the changing face of the poplulation of the Britsh people who aren't white and pro-monarchy and of course, the interenet being the way to communicate now and not the press. Her presence has bolstered the royal family because thir internet presence has increased ten fold and something drastick was needed to do that; this odd choice of a fiancé/bride for Harry.

Can Meghan Markle modernise the monarchy?
Meghan Markle’s marriage to Prince Harry will make her an A-list star. But her most important role, say Emma Duncan and Valentine Low, will be to bolster the royal family
The monarchy took rapid steps to modernise in response. The Windsors avoided the European model, which saw Dutch royals tottering around on bicycles and a Swedish prince teaching his children how to take the metro. But it had initiated some change in the early 1990s under the auspices of “The Way Ahead Group”, led by the Earl of Airlie, a former investment banker turned Lord Chamberlain. The Queen agreed to pay tax, public subsidy of the royals became more transparent, and greater emphasis was put on public relations. Diana’s death accelerated that process. “It was the management of change through catastrophe,” says an insider. The Queen, shaken by the sudden shift in public mood towards her, determined never again to look so out of touch. It was not enough for the monarch simply to fulfil her constitutional duties – wining and dining her fellow heads of state, opening Parliament and such. She also needed to put more emphasis on having a strong and warm presence in the lives of her subjects as head of the nation.
Promoting a sense of national unity, identity and continuity was not an easy role for such an aloof family. There were some obvious adjustments to make – being sure that the Queen visited more state schools than private schools, for example. In the longer term, the royal family has increased the profile of its volunteering and charity work. The Queen has demonstrated an increased capacity for fun, even self-mockery. Earlier this year, she took her place on the front row of London Fashion Week. At the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games – the most recent outbreak of enthusiastic national unity – she was filmed greeting Daniel Craig as James Bond in Buckingham Palace, and her body-double parachuted out of a helicopter. The scandals of the 1990s have not been repeated.
When Brexit threatens Britain with uncertainty, the Queen provides a welcome sense of stability and continuity.
The Duchess of Cambridge (as Kate Middleton is now called) is clearly modelling herself on her grandmother-in-law: her public statements raise blandness to an art form.
Charles’s known flaws make the roles played by the supporting cast – his sons and their spouses – particularly significant. For somebody who is sixth in line to the throne (he moved from fifth when the Duchess of Cambridge’s third child was born) Harry will be unusually important, and he and his wife unusually visible. William and Harry still enjoy the sheen of youth (despite William’s receding hairline). As the royal family’s most valuable assets, they are already being strategically deployed. Harry has been made a “Commonwealth Youth Ambassador” to promote the network of former imperial possessions and other friendly countries created during the Queen’s reign; Markle – clearly a woman who knows how to get on top of a brief – mentions the Commonwealth at every opportunity. The question of how the Windsors’ latest recruit will perform as a royal is therefore of interest not just to the millions who follow the family’s fortunes. It will bear upon the future of the monarchy.
Despite the medieval pageantry, their world is in many ways shabbier than that to which Markle has grown accustomed as a successful actor. The £56,000 ball gown that she wore for her engagement photo-shoot from Ralph & Russo, a fashionable new haute couturier, was standard Hollywood fare. But it was out of place among the famously parsimonious royals, who can occasionally be seen with frayed shirt-cuffs and shiny-elbowed jackets. (For her engagement photo shoot, the Duchess of Cambridge wore a £159 dress from a high-street shop. After eight years dating William she was no doubt more attuned to the tribe’s mores than Markle.)
She now appears on social media only through Kensington Palace’s official Twitter and Instagram feeds (the latter’s followers leapt from 3m to 4m thanks to her arrival).  eating cookies
The hard part will come when the honeymoon ends. To be judged a success as a royal over the long run, she must contribute to the monarchy’s modern mission to promote national unity.  tehe
Charles’s accent is from another era, and that of his sons, though more demotic, marks them out as products of the very top layer of the British private school system. But in an age as obsessed with authenticity as it is with egalitarianism, they would be laughed at if they pretended to be men of the people.  huh
In marrying a foreigner, Harry has selected a wife who is entirely free of class markers – and one, moreover, whose life as a struggling professional is far closer to his compatriots’ than his has ever been. Though their union has provoked some racist comments, her ethnicity probably boosts the institution in the long run. Without her the royal family looks a little like a strange tribe that modernity has left behind; with her, it looks a bit more like the nation it aspires to unify.  eating cookies
But Markle’s political views may leave her open to criticism from those who expect their royals to smile and stay silent. She has been an active feminist since the age of 11, when she wrote to Procter & Gamble, an American multinational, to complain about an advert for a cleaning product which said that, “women are fighting greasy pots and pans”: under duress from that determined young girl, the company changed “women” to “people”. More recently she has worked in Rwanda on projects to liberate girls from spending hours collecting water rather than going to school, and in India on an effort to destigmatise menstruation. She has spoken up for feminism at the United Nations and other venues, and protested long before #MeToo about the number of scenes in “Suits” that required her to come out of a shower in a towel.
Her activism may allow her to reach parts of the population that her new in-laws can’t, but royals are prized by the government for their diplomatic services precisely because they can be relied on to offend nobody. Her enthusiasm for improving the lot of women will stand her in good stead in her charity work – pretty much the only thing she is allowed to do – but it has also led her to make unfettered statements, such as labelling Donald Trump a “misogynist” and speaking warmly of Paul Kagame, the brutal autocrat who runs Rwanda, on the grounds that he has a lot of women in his parliament. In her new position, such comments may cause international ructions.
Though she will be required to rein herself in, Markle will struggle to keep her mouth shut, because she is a natural controversialist. Amid the platitudes at a recent charity event she said, “You’ll often hear people say, ‘you’re helping women find their voices.’ I fundamentally disagree with that because women don’t need to find a voice; they have a voice…people need to be encouraged to listen.” The instinct to look for an opposing point of view against which to define one’s own is useful in a politician or a journalist, but royals don’t “fundamentally disagree” with people, at least in public. Even Charles has piped down as he has got closer to the throne.  Cool Yep, she can't keep her trap shut.
For the royal family, new recruits are both essential and risky. They are essential because, as in any soap opera, the audience gets bored with the same people and demands new characters. But they can be problematic for many reasons. If they are unpopular – like Camilla, or Prince Andrew’s ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson – that reputation rebounds on the whole family. If they are too popular – like Diana – they draw public affection away from the institution as a whole.  laundry True, so why have this strumpet, big mouth attention seeker in the midst? She's made the oral family look down market and unnecessary.
Markle will never be as popular as Diana, for she lacks the reckless fragility that made the princess so mesmerising and so dangerous. She may struggle, too, with the royalists’ natural constituency. The Daily Mail, the newspaper that most obviously speaks to and for the royalist faithful, is both fascinated by her and disdainful of her: it devoted 42 pages to her engagement, but sneers in its columns at her deplorable tendencies, such as hugging random strangers.
Yet, as the royal soap opera continues to unfold, Markle brings huge strengths that could help shore up the monarchy, especially among the young who tend to be indifferent to the institution. She has a background and an experience of life that should help bind the royal family to its subjects, and a genuine, unfakeable passion for the causes she espouses. If she is allowed to be herself – the small girl who stamped her foot at sexism 25 years ago – the British people are likely to grow even more affectionate towards her. That will be valuable to the monarchy, for it will need all the goodwill it can muster in the uncertain years ahead.
https://www.1843magazine.com/features/can-meghan-markle-modernise-the-monarchy

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:17:15 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2018, 10:57:02 am »

Please everyone remeber the rules. We do not allow controversial (realted to crimes in this case) unless there are published press articles.

Thank you for your understanding.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #494 on: July 25, 2018, 03:00:55 pm »

@Alexandrine ? What crimes were we talking about? I am confused. Sorry about that.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2018, 03:31:31 pm »

I think Alexandrine is remonding us on how we word things so that the rf, Megan or whoever else doesn't go after the site and close it on 'defamation of character' charges.

I remember that there were tumblrs closed, instagrams closed, maybe even actora from Suits got sacked because of expressing their honest opinion... or in Patric's case posting picture that shows that a certain dutchess's claimed timelines are incorrect.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #496 on: July 25, 2018, 05:58:28 pm »

^What did Patrick post?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #497 on: July 25, 2018, 09:35:36 pm »

Okay I understand we need to work things carefully, but I don't see that we mentioned any crimes being committed. In any event, Murky may be considered a good cover for Harry on many levels by the rf. He's not bright, he may have kinky tastes and he is over emotional according to some. So she may be able to take it on better than others  or maybe that is what the rf thinks at this point. It is just speculation. One needs to wait and see what the future holds. But I doubt Murkles is going to change the Monarchy by example. She will change it by what scandals they accept and become themselves down the line IMO.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2018, 09:41:32 pm »

The post was deleted. I didnt want to make a big thing of it. Anyway please remember the rules. TY

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #499 on: July 25, 2018, 11:24:25 pm »

It's about this picture: https://graziadaily.co.uk/celebrity/news/patrick-j-adams-meghan-markle-instagram/
Allegedly it was reposted from earlier and the earlier pic was showing MEgan in Toronto while claiming to be in Africa on a getaway with Harry, or was it London... So many lies that it's hard to keep track of all spins.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: