Royal Gossip
May 23, 2019, 02:35:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Press Articles & Random Chat  (Read 110379 times)
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2018, 02:53:09 pm »

^ Oh my, I can't unsee that GB  sigh

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Kins
courtier

« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2018, 03:49:46 pm »

She looks like she has something stuck in her teeth and is trying to get it out easter-lol!
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2018, 03:52:46 pm »

She has a bulge either side of her nose, must be cheek implants I suppose.  No, not good piccies, no wonder they photoshop her,  we are obviously not meant to see how rough she looks.  Why not just be herself, we are who we are, why try to hide it.  The truth will always out.  Obviously not aware of a camera on her   easter-lol
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #383 on: June 28, 2018, 03:19:16 am »

Royal expenditures 20187-2018
Funding for William, Kate and Harry is listed under ‘Other Costs’, which soared from £3.5million to £5million. The accounts do not cover May’s royal wedding but do include the five-month period after Harry and Meghan announced their engagement in November.
The money for the younger royals comes from Charles’s private income. Royal aides refused to elaborate on their costs. One said: ‘There’s a level of privacy. We are happy to give the figure but we can’t go into more detail.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5894183/Prince-profligacy-Charles-runs-1MILLION-travel-bill-fly-cheap.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #384 on: June 28, 2018, 11:11:18 am »

Charles private income?  Hmmm, the one he gets from the Duchy of Cornwall, taxpàyer funded.  Hardly a private income is it.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2018, 12:47:24 am »

Meghan Markle Drove Up Costs For The Royal Family By 40 Per Cent
The Royal Family seems to have welcomed Meghan Markle into their fold with open arms, but according to The Telegraph, it came at a hefty cost.
Last year, Prince Charles spent $8.61 million on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry's activities, compared to $6.11 million in 2016. The 40 per cent increase coincides with Markle's engagement to Harry and when she started carrying out her first official duties, the site reports.
According to a number of previous reports, Markle was not supposed to have access to the Duchy of Cornwall fund until she officially wed Harry in May, which is why it was believed that the former "Suits" star paid for her entire royal wardrobe herself following her engagement.
If the Royal Family did bend the rules for Markle, it wouldn't be surprising since this has happened before. Last year, the Queen amended her "no ring, no bring" policy and allowed Markle to be the first fiancée to spend Christmas with her.
https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/06/28/royal-spending-meghan-markle_a_23470539/
The question about who’s paying for her very expensive attire will always come up. Maybe again she’s being used as an excuse to have a larger spending budget because the bill went up 40% just for the few months that she infested London with her presence and her lies during the engagement interview and her tour of the U.K.
The royal family is upping their spending so they can make a case for themselves to the government that it cost x amount to fund them and might be a larger amount post Brexit.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 12:52:11 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2018, 01:13:59 am »

I doubt Charles did foot the bill for Meghan before the wedding. I didn't think premarital appearances "counted."
marion
Duchess

« Reply #387 on: June 29, 2018, 03:47:57 pm »

How can one person drive up the costs  but almost half as much again ?
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #388 on: June 29, 2018, 03:56:29 pm »

^Good question.  So far, I don’t believe she paid for anything of consequence or they would’ve shouted it from the rooftops.  I do wonder if she paid for the honeymoon.  That was published somewhere and I see no mention of it lately in current cost analysis.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #389 on: June 29, 2018, 05:14:30 pm »

I think Catherine Quinn’s salary of £300,000 is in this figure as well as lawyers that have gone after the press and had an apology issued for using Meghan’s grilling video in the Waity toples picture scandal/trial. I agree that she didn’t pay for anything because she’s not rich as the press makes out that she is. She’s a grifter hustler on the make for a rich man to pay her way. In this case, I think that she’s merchandising.
Weren’t Charles’ expense supposed to be scrutinized more and he made a fuss? By having Meghan’s addiction being blamed for the extra expense and lumping it under Other without further breakdown, then he can cry privacy as stated in the article.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:19:53 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #390 on: June 29, 2018, 05:31:56 pm »

^ Definitely all of that is calculated in those costs that go towards the Cambs and Sexes. Salaries of their staff, wardrobe, holidays, the kids' school fees, anything they can't hoist on the taxpayer. Supposedly the taxpayer pays "only" for security for the Cambs & Sexes, so the rest must come out of Chuck's pockets, but they'll still delegate any cost they can onto the taxpayer (and Chuck's property is really the people's, so in the end the people pay for everything regardless of their spin).
sandy
Princess

« Reply #391 on: June 29, 2018, 11:34:04 pm »

The one who seems to bring up the costs is Prince Charles himself. If he cut back on the spending the costs would not be brought up. Meghan does not have anywhere near the wherewithall of the Prince of Wales.  She's not even a future Queen.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #392 on: June 30, 2018, 01:29:02 am »

Meghan spends waayyyyyy more than any of the two future queens ad on what: superficial expensive designer clothes.Can you imagine how many schools can built, how many people can be fed, clothed, cured of common deceases in Africa with a millon pounds... How is getting dolled up (and still missing the mark) on someone else's dime on brand with the "humanitarian" and "alleviating world hunger" pre-marriage immage... or was this only till she gets the ring.

I also find it very strange that the day after she was caught red handed an article damning Charles comes out. Charles didn't leak it. His two dimwit dependents wouldn't do it. Can we guess who snitched to the press so that the "but what about X" rhetoric can start.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 01:36:16 am by Ariel » Logged

sandy
Princess

« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2018, 01:35:34 am »

i think Camilla has a ton of money spent on her. Charles is out buying her jewels from the Alice Keppel estate, she needed to have expensive dental work, her hair and clothes are not cheap. It's interesting how the DM does not put out cost figures for Camilla. I think more money is spent on her than any of the younger ones. But the prices are never revealed. Bolland who worked with her for years did not come cheap either.

I think Camilla gets the lion's share of $$$$ spent on her.

Meghan just joined the royal family. She had her $$$ of her own to spend. As an actress she had clothing lent to her and got discounts. The DM only gives list prices. I think it premature to say Meghan spends more than the others.

I think Camilla is no. 1 on the hit parade with the most money being spent on her. Her dresses may look dowdy but they don't come from K Mart. She also needs the spa treatments which probably cost a fortune.

Kate does not shop at K Mart but I think Camilla puts her in the shade too.

I doubt Meghan "snitches" to the press. With all the DM click bait I'd be surprised if she had anything to do with them much less leak stories.

But nobody will dare do an inventory of Camilla's and Charles' high maintenance. $$$> It would ruffle his feathers and some are bucking for honors from him.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2018, 01:41:13 am »

Camilla doesn't cheap merch. That's why we don't see how much is spent on her. Even if it's a lot, that's hardly any excuse a fake humanitarian to spend a million on jewels and a million on clothes for only 6 months. That's insane.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2018, 05:47:59 am »

goodpost

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #396 on: June 30, 2018, 12:06:57 pm »

^^ Exactly. Also Camilla is the wife of the 1st in line, the heir. Also Cam doesn't pretend to be some humanitarian intent on "changing the world". Murky has been married in for all of 5 minutes and has already outspent Kate. Esp comparing to the 1st year. Murky Murkles ought to shop some more on Ken High Street, it's right outside her palace.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2018, 01:38:10 pm »

It is extraordinary that the wife of the 6th in line to the throne has so far worn Prada, Givenchy and Cartier (etc) and she’s been married for just over a month.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #398 on: June 30, 2018, 01:41:09 pm »

Of course Camilla does, the woman who never showed any interest in charities all of a sudden became so because she wanted to be a royal. She had to cooperate with Bolland who found her lazy. Now she's a great humanitarian helping other women, helping people read books, and helping animals and so on and so forth. And amazingly this woman got an "honorary doctorate" bought for her by Prince Charles. If Meghan got one I could just see some boards light up.

Meghan has not talked about changing the world after she became a royal. She just married in. THe DM has no clue about how much she actually spent. ANd this was before she became a royal. When she's been a royal for a year and the money is totaled up and compared with what the others spend that same year, that would be a fairer assessment. But I doubt Camilla's massive expenditures will be revealed. Camilla also does the minimum is not that well liked by all.

Kate spends money like water and she also plays humanitarian. They all try to justify the perks and privileges by playing humanitarian and helper of the "Less fortunate." To study of she outspent Kate, then get some accountants to audit both women's finances and one year after M and H wedding present the results. The DM should be taken with a grain of salt. They like the clickbait articles about Meghan.

Meghan spent her own money as a private citizen pre the wedding day.

I know many just can't stand her but I think before such claims by the DM are taken as "fact" more time should be given to see how much she works and spends. I think it is too soon to tell.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #399 on: June 30, 2018, 02:19:42 pm »

^ We don't know who paid for M's stuff pre marriage, it's pretty normal for a boyfriend (never mind fiance) to pay for his beloved's things as a gesture of love. Murky never had that much money to begin with and I think she drained a good bit of her savings before marriage, for the things she did pay.

Kate has never pretended to be a humanitarian either. She also didn't pull "humanitarian visits" stunts to India or Africa before engagement. The palace tried to sell her as "not just a clothes-horse" and "keen on hitting the ground running" but K never said or pretended anything to that effect, there's really no pretence that she cares about the less fortunate or anything in that vein.

I do think the comparison is fair, Camzilla also never pretended to be anything and no one really sees her as a humanitarian. Her work with domestically abused women is all good and dandy, but she's not pretending to have a bleeding heart.

Kate is sold as the "frugal" duchess and to be a fan of the "High Street" and to be fair in private she's still seen a great deal in High Street stuff, though she isn't frugal, that's a load of bs, but she definitely has a better grip on mixing High End and High Street. Murky so far is only ever in High End, and foreign brands at that. Kate's rolling out onto the expensive stuff was slower and more deliberate. Murky is kinda nouveau riche in her behaviour, instantly spending the big bucks on the big brands. At the beginning K was mostly in High Street stuff and expensive but not unobtainable brands (LK Bennett, Reiss etc).

All the women are in it for the glamour, jewels, clothes, titles and prestige (talking Camz, K, M), but M is the least cautious and the one with the greatest pretence so far.

Honorary Doctrates are handed out like sweets, same with OBEs, MBEs and all those kinds of titles. Not to be taken seriously (anymore).
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: