Royal Gossip
March 21, 2019, 09:05:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Press Articles & Random Chat  (Read 104596 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1380 on: November 07, 2018, 10:19:32 pm »

^Exactly and pre-social media age fake perfect images and airbrushing of anything inappropriate or amoral was easy: the queen said so and so it is done. Now, not so easy to sweep things under the rug and UK is not far behind being disenchanted with BRF. If Fergie looks more royal and put together than Meg, imo brf's days are numbered and quite posibly the countdown started with Meggy's celebrity stunt of a wedding.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1381 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09:46 am »

I'm so proud of how he stepped in to walk Meghan down the aisle, says Harry as he and William give candid interview about their relationship with their father
Prince Harry says his father did not hesitate to step in after the Duchess of Sussex’s father pulled out of walking her down the aisle in May.

Thomas Markle decided not to travel from his Mexico home after being humiliatingly exposed for colluding with a paparazzi photographer in the run-up to the nuptials.

When it became clear that Meghan wouldn’t have her reclusive father to support her, Harry went to his.

Speaking in a documentary to mark Charles' 70th birthday, Harry says: ‘I asked him to and I think he knew it was coming and he immediately said “Yes, of course, I’ll do whatever Meghan needs, and I’m here to support you”.

‘For him that’s a fantastic opportunity to step up and be that support, and you know he’s our father so of course he’s going to be there for us. I was very grateful for him to be able to do that.’

Millions of viewers were left deeply moved as the prince turned to his father and said, ‘Thank you Pa’, as Charles completed the walk down St George’s Chapel at Windsor with Meghan on his arm.

Charles’s wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, says: ‘That was very touching. But afterwards watching it on the television, I think it was a lovely gesture.’

Prince William insists he wants to take his own path in life.

The second in line to the throne says: ‘There are so many things I admire about my father – his work ethic, his passions ... but personally I want to be my own man and take my own style, my own passions and my own interests my way, and do things slightly differently.

‘It’s important that each generation does things a little bit differently.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6364743/Harry-says-proud-Prince-Charles-stepped-walk-Meghan-aisle.html

Revisionist history to make Charles look good as he saved the day. The ridiculous thing is that Thomas Markle was never invited to walk her down the aisle because he would've been in the UK weeks prior for the nupuals as well as would've met Harry long before the wedding. This must've been filmed months before the wedding because Harry doesn't look stressed and he as more hair on his head than he has now.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1382 on: November 08, 2018, 03:55:47 am »

Well, Thomas Markle disagrees with that assessment. Below is just one interview in which he discusses walking Meghan down the aisle and the preparations that were made for his trip to England (he talked in the media about attending and walking his daughter down the aisle several times in interviews.)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/18/thomas-markle-describes-moment-prince-harry-asked-permission/

I think the film crew for this doco followed Charles around while he performed engagements and were at his homes for about twelve months before the screening this month. They interviewed him, his staff, family etc during those months.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1383 on: November 08, 2018, 07:07:14 am »

Given that the House of Windsor is in fact a royal family who have legal recognition and reinforcement of their titles, Meg should be required to renounce her citizenship and thus, her voting rights. It's something that should be automatic on the acquisition of a title that is part of the government itself. The dethroned royals do not have any kind of legal backup to assert their position, but the reigning dynasties do and the BRF is the most famous hereditary monarchy in the world. So really, Meg should not have it both ways. It should in fact be non-negotiable. Grace Kelly married a reigning prince of a principality and for some reason, was allowed to retain her status as an America citizen, despite being part of a monarchy (however small) and essentially becoming a subject.

It takes five years, after gaining residence, to be able to apply for British citizenship.

Meghan only acquired residence status when she got her fiance visa - so a year or so ago and therefore she has another four years as a citizen of the US before she can renounce that citizenship on gaining British citizenship.

It is against internatoinal law to strip a person of citizenship leaving them stateless which is what she would be if she renounced US citizenship at the moment.

She has said she wants to go through the normal processes of becoming a British citizen so she should be becoming a citizen in late 2022 or early 2023. Until then she has all the same rights and responsibiliities as any other US citizen as well as any person with British residency.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1384 on: November 08, 2018, 11:42:26 am »

^That’s great but she still can’t vote in the Midterms.  I checked and she’s limited by where she sleeps per State law. 

Fed, yes. Until she renounces her US citizenship, she can vote in the Prez Election.  We’ll see where she is in 2020.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1385 on: November 08, 2018, 12:46:42 pm »

You know, I wager that this is one of the most disorganized engagement/marriages ever; no provisions were set up  for her to become a naturalized British subject by the time she was married and this goes to show that the BRF was not at all aware that Meg would in fact become Harry's wife/consort. I am certain that if Harry had gotten approval, that all this would have been straightened out long before the engagement announcement, much less before the marriage.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1386 on: November 08, 2018, 02:54:05 pm »

^That’s great but she still can’t vote in the Midterms.  I checked and she’s limited by where she sleeps per State law. 

Fed, yes. Until she renounces her US citizenship, she can vote in the Prez Election.  We’ll see where she is in 2020.

I doubt she will discuss the US elections, in her position this would be not possible. And she can't go rushing to the US to appear at rallies for candidates.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1387 on: November 08, 2018, 03:13:16 pm »

^^The relationship went pretty fast so I don't know there was time. She's older so she had to try for kids now so I imagine there was no waiting time or there would be an out of wedlock royal kid. That aside, it was too fast really especially since it was an overseas romance.

^^^ I don't know why US citizens don't understand the voting system in the U.S. Megs has rights as a US citizen living in a foreign country which she has done the last seven plus years. But any American only really has the rights the country they live in affords them.  The US can only do so much interference. Voting is a State thing and always has been except for the President. We all vote for that officer. Other than that each state votes in its own laws, leaders and legislatures and federal representatives in Washington. Each states have their own individual laws and ways of doing things as long as it complies with the US Constitution. No state wants people that don't live there deciding their laws. Who would? When you leave a state to live in another state you no longer vote in the previous state. When you leave the US to live abroad you don't vote except for President and you can apply to get a ballot for that. However, I don't think your vote counts for any electoral votes as that is by the state delegates and the electoral college votes in the president which is what happened with Trump and Busch Jr. who did not get the popular vote. So really once you leave the country you don't really have a voting voice in our elections. So Meg hasn't voted for years except for president if she even bothered in 2016 or 2012 when she lived in Canada.  Again it is strange she is a voice for voting internationally.

The only constant is change.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1388 on: November 08, 2018, 03:19:27 pm »

^^I never said she would do any of those things. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1389 on: November 08, 2018, 03:25:48 pm »

The truth is a member of the BRF should not have any voice in American elections or government. Doesn't matter if she is a US citizen. She relinquished that right in my opinion.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1390 on: November 08, 2018, 03:28:09 pm »

Meghan and Harry have 'set a game plan' to ensure their child has a ‘normal upbringing’ – which will include household chores and even riding the TUBE
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex - who are expecting their first child in the Spring - want to 'bring up children who know the values of normal things in life'.
Meghan, 37, is said to be keen to make sure her children are not spoiled, and will even take her 'kids on a subway', or the Tube.  huh
The couple's unborn child is not likely to have a Prince or Princess title, unlike cousins Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Speaking to US Weekly, royal correspondent Omid Scobie said Harry and Meghan will be 'changing the royal parenting rules', and have 'set a game plan' for how they want to raise their children.
He said: 'Meghan will take her kids on a subway. They’ll have chores, and jobs one day. They won’t be spoiled.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6367229/Meghan-Harry-set-game-plan-ensure-child-normal-upbringing.html
This is definitely Meghan’s pr bs. She’s a very entitled soilt madam who expects to live the high life on other people’s money. The cost of her wardrobe’s beyond ridiculous as it must be over 2 million pounds since the engagement or perhaps the wedding; an astronomical amount in under a year. She’s been feeding Scobie these idiots articles since day one as you see the American terms pop up like in this one and also the statement that kicked off her mooching off the royal family as the “official girlfriend of Harry”.
The subway and the tube aren’t the same thing. The subway is a pedestrian underpass and the tube’s the trains.
I love the comments calling for them to give up their titles and get a normal job.

Harry the court jester to Wills, who can’t be overshadowed as future king.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/179828885153/httpswwwexpresscouknewsroyal1041481prince

Articles are popping up suggesting that splitting KP was Harry and Meghan’s ideal instead of Wills. Pr wars on now between the brothers.

^she still has her say in politics though. Her speeches have been somewhat political as well as some of the clothing she’s warn.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:30:40 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1391 on: November 08, 2018, 03:34:58 pm »

I doubt she will discuss the US elections, in her position this would be not possible. And she can't go rushing to the US to appear at rallies for candidates.

No candidate would want her to appear.  What would be the advantage of that?   And she could not care less about the political system of the U. S. now that she has her golden ticket.

The truth is a member of the BRF should not have any voice in American elections or government. Doesn't matter if she is a US citizen. She relinquished that right in my opinion.

It is unfortunate that the two princes, William and Harry, embraced the divisive Obamas; while Harry was on the verge of being rude to First Lady Melania. 

My point, here, being that the British Royalty do let their feelings made known [the queen does not], and that Meghan will if she wants to but really just wanted wealth and so now has no interest in the process because she is a fake humanitarian, feminist, activist, etc.   
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1392 on: November 08, 2018, 04:36:54 pm »

Melania is First Lady and from what I have read about her she's not all that thrilled with what her husband does (she even said she tries to keep him away from Twitter). It is ridiculous for Harry to snub the woman. IMO.

I don't think any of the royals should be "activists."
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1393 on: November 08, 2018, 05:01:11 pm »

Resurfaced snap shows Meghan Markle and Eddie Redmayne at Soho House Istanbul years before they partied at the club’s Amsterdam launch (by which time the Duchess had another Old Etonian in tow!)
* Snap shows Meghan, 37, and Eddie, 36, with photographer Jason Bailey
* Jason shared picture on Twitter, with caption '[F]un times with this crew'
* Meghan and Eddie are believed to have been in Turkey for Soho House opeing

A photograph of Meghan and Eddie Redmayne at Soho House Istanbul has resurfaced online - years before they partied together at the club's Amsterdam launch this autumn.
The picture shows the smiling pair with London-based photographer Jason Bailey in Turkey in 2015, a year before the now Duchess of Sussex started dating Prince Harry.

Sharing the snap on Twitter, Jason wrote: 'Night in, watching movies and remember fun times with this crew ❤️ #EddieRedmayne @meghanmarkle #istanbul'

Meghan, 37, and Old Etonian Eddie, 36, were reunited this September, when they both attended the star-studded launch of the new Soho House in Istanbul.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were surprise guests at the three-day launch of the new Soho House in Amsterdam in September, where Fantastic Beasts star Eddie was also a guest.

Harry and Meghan were said to have spent a long time in conversation with the actor, who was accompanied by wife Hannah Bagshawe, at the launch.

In fact, Eddie has another connection with the royal family, as he was in the same year as Prince William at Eton.

Meanwhile, the Duchess of Sussex - who is close friends with owner Markus Anderson - has previously stayed at Soho Farmhouse in the Cotswolds, sharing Instagram snaps of her and Millie Mackintosh there back in 2016, when her romance with Harry was beginning.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6367877/Resurfaced-snap-shows-Meghan-Markle-Eddie-Redmayne-Soho-House-Istanbul.html
Markus, owner? She’s been working a while to get to Harry as it’s well known that Eddie’s friends with Wills and travels in the same social circles that would know Harry. The Amsterdam opening party’s highlighted again. She was allegedly pregnant then but still partying and definitely drinking. Will this farce ever end? It feels like the press is building up to something.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1394 on: November 08, 2018, 06:33:09 pm »

Meghan and Harry have 'set a game plan' to ensure their child has a ‘normal upbringing’ – which will include household chores and even riding the TUBE
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex - who are expecting their first child in the Spring - want to 'bring up children who know the values of normal things in life'.
Meghan, 37, is said to be keen to make sure her children are not spoiled, and will even take her 'kids on a subway', or the Tube.  huh
The couple's unborn child is not likely to have a Prince or Princess title, unlike cousins Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Speaking to US Weekly, royal correspondent Omid Scobie said Harry and Meghan will be 'changing the royal parenting rules', and have 'set a game plan' for how they want to raise their children.
He said: 'Meghan will take her kids on a subway. They’ll have chores, and jobs one day. They won’t be spoiled.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6367229/Meghan-Harry-set-game-plan-ensure-child-normal-upbringing.html
This is definitely Meghan’s pr bs. She’s a very entitled soilt madam who expects to live the high life on other people’s money. The cost of her wardrobe’s beyond ridiculous as it must be over 2 million pounds since the engagement or perhaps the wedding; an astronomical amount in under a year. She’s been feeding Scobie these idiots articles since day one as you see the American terms pop up like in this one and also the statement that kicked off her mooching off the royal family as the “official girlfriend of Harry”.
The subway and the tube aren’t the same thing. The subway is a pedestrian underpass and the tube’s the trains.
I love the comments calling for them to give up their titles and get a normal job.
Harry the court jester to Wills, who can’t be overshadowed as future king.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/179828885153/httpswwwexpresscouknewsroyal1041481prince

Articles are popping up suggesting that splitting KP was Harry and Meghan’s ideal instead of Wills. Pr wars on now between the brothers.
^she still has her say in politics though. Her speeches have been somewhat political as well as some of the clothing she’s warn.

Us Weekly: Duchess Meghan’s kids ‘won’t be spoiled,’ they’ll have ‘chores & jobs’
https://www.celebitchy.com/599090/us_weekly_duchess_meghans_kids_wont_be_spoiled_theyll_have_chores_jobs/#comments

You know, I really regret ever thinking that Harry could ever be a decent person. Clearly Meg is just playing along with him, agreeing to his latest delusion and I do think this normalcy delusion BS has got to stop. Of that I am certain. Frankly, taking public transport just creates a security risk; it wouldn't if in fact the BRF weren't so determined to market themselves as better, but thing is, they should stay where it's not an inconvenience to everyone around them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1395 on: November 08, 2018, 07:31:33 pm »

^ Kids having chores and jobs reminds me of my narc mom who was using me as a cleaning lady. She used to call it "chores and jobs" too. 

^^^ Yes, none of them should go political. And they haven't. The first time Meg started with political comments the journos were ordered to keep their distance "for security reasons". I think it was something she blurted on the Ireland trip.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1396 on: November 08, 2018, 07:47:05 pm »

These articles are a veiled dig at how spoilt George and Charlotte are being raised and how spoilt they seem to be. There’re other articles that have digs against Wills and Waity at how popular Meghan and Harry are; the It power couple. This is definitely Meghan’s pr at work and it’s making things look bad between the brothers as Harry can’t control his narc wife who wants and craves to be the center of attention at all costs. The royal family looks like a joke because of this grifter allowed to cause all of this caos. They look dumb as they act and talk about how she’s well liked amongst them. Wills, apart from the peck on the cheek he gave her, has remained distant from her and has shown his irritation at her attention seeking ways. He’s going to be the one to shut this mess down as now his family’s being “attacked” in the media.
All the resources and money wasted on this farce that could’ve been put to better use instead we have a bit part American actress causing havoc in her wake as she wears ultra expensive clothes and wants to pass herself off as a feminist and a humanitarian.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:56:22 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1397 on: November 08, 2018, 08:23:34 pm »

Even if they don't have titles, the future children of harry and Meghan will be ultra privileged for the rest of their lives.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1398 on: November 08, 2018, 09:26:51 pm »

I don't blame the Murks for wanting attention and the money because many women and men want just that and most people would like to be that wealthy but don't have the resources or opportunities or birth. I understand Harry wanting to give his wife things she likes. I mind the constant lies from the two especially Murks.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1399 on: November 08, 2018, 09:48:33 pm »

^I have no problem with anyone wanting or having nice things, either.  The fact that they don’t earn it is what bothers me.  Other people support their lifestyle and that’s just so outdated.  They are the true 1%ers.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: