Royal Gossip
March 21, 2019, 08:59:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Press Articles & Random Chat  (Read 104594 times)
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #1360 on: November 06, 2018, 10:22:38 pm »

^ Megs isn't friends with the Clooneys or Oprah or any of the celebrities invited to the wedding.  She was kissing up to the Clooneys because she wants to SWF Amal.  Oprah was looking for an interview.  There seems to be an issue with Jessica.  Time will tell on that one. 
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #1361 on: November 07, 2018, 02:24:59 am »

Ah, are Jessy and MeAgain on the outs? Did they have a tiff? Or a tiff at TIFF?   easter-James
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1362 on: November 07, 2018, 03:10:32 am »

^ Megs isn't friends with the Clooneys or Oprah or any of the celebrities invited to the wedding. She was kissing up to the Clooneys because she wants to SWF Amal.  Oprah was looking for an interview. There seems to be an issue with Jessica. Time will tell on that one.

I think she invited the celebs to her wedding to get off on their clamoring for an invite; one point in her life she was trying to get into their life and now all of them who didn't even know she existed were eager for an invite and paying court to her. Now she's an HRH and she's getting THEM sucking up to HER and I'm sure she loves it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1363 on: November 07, 2018, 05:39:56 am »

@lesken,  I find it interesting that pre-pregnancy announcement Megs needed her mom to fly in to UK, for instructions, I presume. Also, Ben was at work in Australia. IMO Jess went to scheme uninterrupted. IMO brf is cutting the scheming off and M is using all opportunities to have a personal chat with her co-conspirators. The bizarre security thread at the market must have been welcome refuge for pregnant Megs who might have needed to stay by the pool by herself ... and Jess. Just speculating here but her smug smile at exit of the market still puzzles me.

@Kei, maybe that was the hope - that HRH and international travels will have a value for the Hollywood crowd, just like it has for the Beckams but I doubt that they want to or will suck up to her. Only the ones in trouble who need a PR boost with a fake friendship, imo. She's not popular. At all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1364 on: November 07, 2018, 05:54:49 am »

Of course they do not like her as a person, but it's her title that drives them to her; she knows this and I think she savors it. Both Becks and the Clooneys are star struck by Meg's new title and it's only that title that is the reason. I'm sure however that Meg revels in holding court even though Becks and the Clooneys are not the major power stars that they used to be a decade ago. It's all a sign that the newest generation of royals are in fact way behind the times and unaware of it.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1365 on: November 07, 2018, 12:21:06 pm »

Did Meghan Markle vote? Kensington Palace REFUSES to confirm whether The Duchess cast a ballot on Election Day
* Many are speculating whether Meghan Markle voted on Election Day
* Her office at Kensington Palace has declined requests to remark on the matter
* The Duchess delivered a powerful speech about women's suffrage last week
* Markle spoke in New Zealand in honor of the country's 125th anniversary of women's suffrage
* In 2016, she also promoted voting in a post she penned on her lifestyle blog
* Now that Markle is a royal, getting involved in politics won't be as simple
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6361791/Did-Meghan-Markle-vote-Kensington-Palace-refuses-confirm.html
It’s just as well that KP says nothing because it’s not like they’re known to tell the truth.

Prince Harry is losing his hair 'as quickly as William' and could be bald by 50, surgeon claims (but is making no attempt to hide it thanks to his happiness with new wife Meghan)
* Celebrity surgeon Dr Asim Shahmalak says Prince Harry could be bald by 50
* Prince is losing hair even faster than brother William, Dr Shahmalak predicts
* The hair transplant expert says happy men make little attempt to hide hair loss
* Dr Shahmalak's celebrity clients include Calum Best and Dr Christian Jessen
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6362091/Prince-Harry-losing-hair-quickly-William-surgeon-claims.html
His hair loss accelerated when it became public that he was linked to her.

Keep Calm and Carry On
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #1366 on: November 07, 2018, 12:42:10 pm »

@lesken,  I find it interesting that pre-pregnancy announcement Megs needed her mom to fly in to UK, for instructions, I presume. Also, Ben was at work in Australia. IMO Jess went to scheme uninterrupted. IMO brf is cutting the scheming off and M is using all opportunities to have a personal chat with her co-conspirators. The bizarre security thread at the market must have been welcome refuge for pregnant Megs who might have needed to stay by the pool by herself ... and Jess. Just speculating here but her smug smile at exit of the market still puzzles me.

@Kei, maybe that was the hope - that HRH and international travels will have a value for the Hollywood crowd, just like it has for the Beckams but I doubt that they want to or will suck up to her. Only the ones in trouble who need a PR boost with a fake friendship, imo. She's not popular. At all.
I read the "security scare" occurred AFTER Murky whispered something into her RPOs ear and before that everything was fine with professionals unconcerned about crowds, etc. I read Murky raised an issue and so was bundled out of market area. I wonder if true...  If it was maybe as you say to scheme with JMul or her narkie self just wanted the attention and press headlines...

Barnabe et Kitty...
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1367 on: November 07, 2018, 01:49:29 pm »

^You’re right, there were pictures of the issue, but guess what Murky was doing?  Laughing!  thumbsdown

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #1368 on: November 07, 2018, 01:58:13 pm »

^Yep! Smuggy Smirky seemed too unconcerned and laughed like a loon, too.  thumbsdown

Barnabe et Kitty...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1369 on: November 07, 2018, 02:03:49 pm »

Did Meghan Markle vote? Kensington Palace REFUSES to confirm whether The Duchess cast a ballot on Election Day
* Many are speculating whether Meghan Markle voted on Election Day
* Her office at Kensington Palace has declined requests to remark on the matter
* The Duchess delivered a powerful speech about women's suffrage last week
* Markle spoke in New Zealand in honor of the country's 125th anniversary of women's suffrage
* In 2016, she also promoted voting in a post she penned on her lifestyle blog
* Now that Markle is a royal, getting involved in politics won't be as simple
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6361791/Did-Meghan-Markle-vote-Kensington-Palace-refuses-confirm.html
It’s just as well that KP says nothing because it’s not like they’re known to tell the truth.

Prince Harry is losing his hair 'as quickly as William' and could be bald by 50, surgeon claims (but is making no attempt to hide it thanks to his happiness with new wife Meghan)
* Celebrity surgeon Dr Asim Shahmalak says Prince Harry could be bald by 50
* Prince is losing hair even faster than brother William, Dr Shahmalak predicts
* The hair transplant expert says happy men make little attempt to hide hair loss
* Dr Shahmalak's celebrity clients include Calum Best and Dr Christian Jessen
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6362091/Prince-Harry-losing-hair-quickly-William-surgeon-claims.html
His hair loss accelerated when it became public that he was linked to her.

Voting is something personal. It is not required that a person reveals whether he or she voted or not. No obligation.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1370 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:30 pm »

She should not vote. She is a life long representative of the UK. She should be above politics.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1371 on: November 07, 2018, 06:46:06 pm »

Given that the House of Windsor is in fact a royal family who have legal recognition and reinforcement of their titles, Meg should be required to renounce her citizenship and thus, her voting rights. It's something that should be automatic on the acquisition of a title that is part of the government itself. The dethroned royals do not have any kind of legal backup to assert their position, but the reigning dynasties do and the BRF is the most famous hereditary monarchy in the world. So really, Meg should not have it both ways. It should in fact be non-negotiable. Grace Kelly married a reigning prince of a principality and for some reason, was allowed to retain her status as an America citizen, despite being part of a monarchy (however small) and essentially becoming a subject.

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1372 on: November 07, 2018, 07:38:48 pm »

She is not a resident of any State so why should she have voted in this election.

The only constant is change.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1373 on: November 07, 2018, 07:54:06 pm »

If she is still a citizen, technically she has voting rights; she should formally renounce her title though and bug off from politics.

@lesken,  I find it interesting that pre-pregnancy announcement Megs needed her mom to fly in to UK, for instructions, I presume. Also, Ben was at work in Australia. IMO Jess went to scheme uninterrupted. IMO brf is cutting the scheming off and M is using all opportunities to have a personal chat with her co-conspirators. The bizarre security thread at the market must have been welcome refuge for pregnant Megs who might have needed to stay by the pool by herself ... and Jess. Just speculating here but her smug smile at exit of the market still puzzles me.

I read the "security scare" occurred AFTER Murky whispered something into her RPOs ear and before that everything was fine with professionals unconcerned about crowds, etc. I read Murky raised an issue and so was bundled out of market area. I wonder if true...  If it was maybe as you say to scheme with JMul or her narkie self just wanted the attention and press headlines...

I think it was in fact just a publicity stunt; Diana after all dropped into a faint and got help, but go figure, now Meg has to have some kind of dramatic moment.

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1374 on: November 07, 2018, 08:37:45 pm »

If this was a presidential election she could vote, but this last one was not. US Congressmen and US Senators are voted by their State constituents with congressional candidates voted by their designated territory within the State. If you are not a resident of any State, how do you vote in state elections?  I don't think you can. Puerta Ricans can vote for President and they have a congressman representative that can be heard on issues but not vote on them. So I think if you live outside the US, you can vote for federal elections which is Presidency. Everything else is a state vote and you have to be a resident. Otherwise anyone can vote in any state. Maybe Meggles has somehow kept her California residency even though she has not lived here for seven years.

lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1375 on: November 07, 2018, 08:40:21 pm »

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to add and good riddance to her. I wouldn't trust her vote on issues anyway.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1376 on: November 07, 2018, 08:44:53 pm »

^^You beat me to it.  For the general (Prez), yes, for the State Midterms, you must be registered in that state as a citizen with a functioning address.  This latest election only concerned itself, in her case, with California.  I’m not even sure she’s a resident of California.  Doubt it.  

Only her tax man knows for sure.  And Voting Reg.

It would be really questionable for her to have voted in the Midterms as a taxpayer-funded individual in another country.

^No kidding.  Don’t let the door hit ya...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1377 on: November 07, 2018, 09:08:06 pm »

^ Looked it up. She is not a California resident anymore. Every state is different but here you have to be a resident to vote and you have to have lived here 366 days to qualify and live here permanently the majority of the year. So no she is not a resident and she did not get to vote in this election, at least not here in California. I can't imagine she would have the qualifications to vote in any other state. You have to live in the state to vote in it. You can vote for president if you live abroad as a US citizen. So no worries about her voice in America.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1378 on: November 07, 2018, 09:37:46 pm »

I'm sure she will drop hints if she votes for president and for whom she voted. As for midterms - she didn't live in US this year. No vote for her royal highness. I think thst since the stsrt of Suits she didn't live enough months in CA to be considered eligible to vote.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1379 on: November 07, 2018, 09:47:04 pm »

Know what is interesting about Harry and the Murks?  The Murks is a woman who can't vote anywhere at the moment and who will probably not be encouraged to vote when she becomes a UK citizen who is giving "moving speeches about voting to women" and Harry (and his Brother)  speak out against hunting when they hunt themselves. What irony and nonsense. I am sure KP was silent about Megs inability to vote in the last elections because it looks bad given her speeches to women. She chose a path where voting is not part of her picture and yet she speaks of it to others. I can't believe people actually listen to these two and others in that family. I am sure there are other examples. Their actions counteract their words.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: