Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:36:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wedding Day May19th  (Read 27146 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #600 on: August 08, 2018, 06:25:56 pm »

If the groom is interested so much in makeup I'd be worried that he's playing for the wrong team  easter-lol
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #601 on: August 08, 2018, 06:28:55 pm »

Maybe he was worried M would look like Bozo the Clown, like K did a few years ago spy Kate-Horror-Queen and was grateful she didn't sigh
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #602 on: August 08, 2018, 07:13:17 pm »

It was much better than Kate's, probably because she had it done professionally.

Meghan https://cdn.evoke.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/19132931/meghan-close-up-696x503.jpg

Kate  nervous http://makeup4me.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Kate-Middleton-Wedding-Day-Makeup-1.jpg
interrobanger
royal watcher

« Reply #603 on: August 08, 2018, 07:22:01 pm »

Didn't Kate allegedly do her own makeup so it would "look right"? (Which is silly, because a professional MUA is 99% certain to make you look AMAZING.)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #604 on: August 08, 2018, 07:55:04 pm »

^ Exactly, a good mua will make you look "right" and much better than just "right" and they have the money to afford any mua they want.

That's the story that K did hers on her own, but that's no excuse (if even true). No one has to be that bad at mu, esp not someone with resources. Besides, K used resources she had and took mu "classes" with an established mua (one of Bobbi Brown's people?), and yet she did that travesty to her face..

Women with little skill and a stringent budget have created the most beautiful mu looks for their wedding days, with no help from any mua & cheap mu, so K has no excuse for the crayonesque travesty she sported.

^^ Scary indeed. Yikes!
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #605 on: August 08, 2018, 08:33:27 pm »

18K makeup and Dior unposted the info that the makeup is with their makeup from their page.  I'd say the makeup was not a success and there are pictures to show, I'm just too lazy to dig them.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2018, 07:55:29 am »

Meghan's makeup looked great.

Kate looked much better the night before the wedding when she wasn't covered it makeup.

I wasn't a fan of either of their dresses.
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2018, 04:49:36 pm »

MM's makeup was in keeping with her attempt to reinvent herself as a 'down to earth, girl next door' type.  Agree that it was much better than Kate's makeup.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:15 pm »

I think Meghan’s MU was ok for that wedding.  Then again, she didn’t apply it.  Most women can do that ‘look’ for themselves; easter-lol that’s my hop to the local store makeup.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #609 on: August 09, 2018, 06:40:31 pm »

IMO nothing can make murky look good.  I think council cath and murky both were not looking good in the make up department on the day of the nuptials, and both of the had hair that looked a mess.  Nothing to choose between them on the nuptial day as far as I can see.  Tacky, down market mess is what they looked like to me.  Looking at council cath, who allegedly did her own make up, and murky who had the taxpayer funded 18k Dior job, there is so little difference it is a joke.  And as for spending 18k taxpayer money on Dior make up for a few hours, the rf should be ashamed of themselves.  Some poor families don´t earn that in a year and live hand to mouth. Disgusting lot when you think about it.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #610 on: August 09, 2018, 06:42:16 pm »

^ Spot on!  Pippa

I haven't played since I stopped
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2018, 03:16:38 pm »

Meghan's wedding hotel in racism storm: Cliveden House unveils blackamoor slave statues... just weeks after the Duchess and her mother stayed there before her big day
The luxury hotel where the Duchess of Sussex stayed the night before she married Prince Harry has been embroiled in a racism spat after it unveiled two blackamoor-style statues.
Cliveden House has put the figurines on display within its grounds after they had been in storage for several decades.
Meghan, who is mixed race, stayed at the five-star resort with her African-American mother Doria Ragland the night before marrying Prince Harry earlier this year.
The cast-iron Blackamoor figurines were popular in the 18th and 19th century, and often depicted African slaves.
Last December, Princess Michael of Kent had to apologise for wearing a blackamoor brooch during a lunch at Buckingham Palace also attended by Meghan.
Royal author Phil Dampier said the artworks were unveiled shortly after the debacle involving Princess Michael of Kent.
He told The Sun: 'Cliveden were lucky enough to play such a lovely role in the wedding so the timing couldn't be worse. It's beggars belief.'
A visitor at the hotel added: 'I think this is highly offensive.
'Cliveden now has an association with Meghan as it's where she stayed before getting married so it's just as inappropriate as the Princess Michael episode.'
A spokesman for the National Trust said the sculptures were part of Cliveden House's collection, and were photographed in the Duke's Garden in 1904.
They had been restored and put back on display at Cliveden House six months ago, but have just been moved back to their garden location.
The National Trust spokesman added: 'Representing the diverse cultural history of the nation sheds light on past cultural attitudes and provides us with contemporary challenges, but it should not mean exercising censorship or shutting down debate.'
MailOnline has contacted Cliveden House for comment.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6049913/Meghans-wedding-hotel-unveils-cast-iron-blackamoor-style-slave-statues.html
Will this be the course now; to complain and try to erase historical art forms? Museums, royal residences, palaces, etc, has art that depict the times that they were created, will there be a cry to have them removed as not to offend this woman who uses the race card when it suits her? The whole argument regarding removing statues and  historical artwork that some people object to becaue they feel it depicts black pleople as subserviant slaves is bad because it reactionary and not based on actual history or knowledge. It seems people want to just make an issue out of everything.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:22:48 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2018, 03:52:03 pm »

Comment removed to keep the peace and out of consideration.  Also, off topic, and yep, I broke my own Rule.  YM
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:34:50 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #613 on: August 12, 2018, 12:17:34 am »

^As someone who is not only black but also a direct descendant of a man who helped erect and wrote the racist rhetoric that accompanied many of these statues in the south that you speak of (my last name was actually on the side of one of them), comparing a blackmoor statue and the situation in the US is not an accurate one. In fact, as someone who has connections on BOTH sides of the issue, your comment comes across like those you are trying to vilify - someone who has not truly stopped to read and learn the TRUE history behind these statues and purpose of their placement. Nor have you taken the time to understand WHY there has been such a push to have them removed and placed into museums. It also makes my skin crawl that I'm reading this on a forum that I have frequented for years, amongst posters I consider friends, on the day following the one year anniversary of Heather Hyer losing her life because someone thought what these statues stand for are more important than the lives of fellow Americans.

Rather than derail this thread any further, should you actually want to learn and not continue passing judgment based on soundbites or one-sided rhetoric, I would be more than happy to continue this conversation via private message. Otherwise, I'm not going to continue to spend my time on this forum.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #614 on: August 12, 2018, 01:11:27 am »

^Please pm me.  You have severely misunderstood me completely and I apologize if I inadvertently upset you. 

Back on topic, please.  Thank you.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #615 on: August 12, 2018, 03:44:49 pm »

One of the reasons I dislike Megan is because she allows the race issues to be put in the public view to further her position. She has no consideration for her fellow black people as she likes to say. So on a final note I think we should leave the race issue out of all of the threads. It is a red herring as to what's really going on with them. And I feel pretty confident that most everybody on this website are tolerant to everybody's differences and Heritage and more than tolerant I imagine everybody would like to help celebrate each other's heritage.

The only constant is change.
india
Princess

« Reply #616 on: August 12, 2018, 03:46:19 pm »

^ Well said Lesken thumbsup
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #617 on: August 12, 2018, 06:36:57 pm »

^^Very well said, indeed.  I encourage everyone to consider that hot button whenever possible unless it’s a verified story or news.

On that note, and since going off topic is what is steadily going on, I’m locking this thread.  If you have a wedding article, simply let a Mod know and it will be reopened.

Thank you.  flower

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: