Royal Gossip
August 21, 2018, 12:30:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wedding Day May19th  (Read 21628 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2018, 07:32:40 pm »

^ Exactly, it was such over-inflated bs.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #561 on: May 30, 2018, 12:26:08 am »

Royal ratings shock as more people watched Prince Edward get married than Harry and Meghan
TV ratings for Harry and Meghan's wedding were also a third lower than for William and Kate's while Strictly Come Dancing also tops latest royal wedding bash.

Ratings for the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex were lower than those for the marriage of Harry's uncle, Prince Edward - whose wedding in June 1999 to Sophie, Countess of Wessex enjoyed a combined BBC One/ITV audience of 14.8 million.

Harry also failed to pull in as many viewers as his brother William. A combined audience of 11.5 million people watched Harry and Meghan tie the knot on May 19 this year - 8.9 million on BBC One and 2.6 million on ITV.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/royal-ratings-shock-more-people-12616055

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #562 on: May 30, 2018, 12:30:27 am »

^I’m not shocked.  Anybody else shocked

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #563 on: May 30, 2018, 12:51:15 am »

thumbsup  laugh

Tongue  Guess the foreigner didn't get a good return on that boring dress.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #564 on: May 30, 2018, 02:08:46 am »

Woopie, Trevor Noah and others claimed that it was billions that watched it. Glad that the truth is coming out. MM must be furious that so much PR and so many instagrams and twitters shut, people paid off, yet instead of her getting popular because of marrying a royal, the royal became unpopular because of marrying her.
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #565 on: May 30, 2018, 03:32:19 am »

That's incredible! What could be the reason for less viewership?  thumbsup

1. Bride is fake?
2. Bride's family drama?
3. Racism?
4. Harry is now unpopular because of his choice of bride?

I watched video footage of the wedding again. After Meghan curtsied and walks by the Queen with Harry, the Queen still looks horrid. I watched when Kate curtsied to the Queen and then walk off with William, the Queen is smiling.  eating cookies
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #566 on: May 30, 2018, 03:38:52 am »

The article conveniently forgets to mention that television viewing altogether is down from 2011, certainly from 1999.

They haven't reported in that article either how many people streamed. Eleven million, according to the article below. There are several technologies that weren't around in 1999. Also I've read that millions have watched the wedding on YouTube on the KP Page, up to 24 million.

https://tbivision.com/2018/05/24/youtube-reveals-royal-wedding-streams-reached-11-2-million/
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #567 on: May 30, 2018, 04:14:07 am »

'I don't drink beer!' Serena Williams shuts down reports that she played - and won - BEER PONG at the royal wedding reception - but admits she had a 'big laugh' about the rumour
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5784059/Serena-Williams-shuts-rumors-beer-pong-royal-wedding.html#ixzz5Gx1XQsK4
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:18:49 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #568 on: May 30, 2018, 04:57:19 am »

^^ Maybe they accounted for the online viewers. KP didn't have a live stream. You can check for yourself. They posted videos from it but not a live stream. From the live streams on youtube the Wash post one has 7.3 mil but this was accumulated for over 10 days after the wedding and for videos online one can see how many have watched it.

^^^ I'd go for a good mix of 1 &4. Family drama spikes up interest but in this case it showed how callous and heartless Meghan is so - nothing interest or to support there.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #569 on: May 30, 2018, 06:39:53 am »

There's no indication in that article's figures that viewers were already accounted for. Streaming figures are up. And nearly 30 million watched it on TV in the US, which is extremely good for a Royal wedding.
This below is an article published a day or so after the wedding which shows the head of BBC Content was pleased with the viewing figures which have been dropping overall consistently for the past two decades.

It was at the RF's YT not the KP Page, sorry my mistake. The figures apparently got up to 27 million. It's obviously not live there any more but I expect it will be put up again. 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5750607/Royal-wedding-smashes-TV-viewing-figures-2018.html
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:46:22 am by Rosella » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #570 on: May 30, 2018, 07:18:53 am »

Do you have a link to the live bbc streaming. I'd bet that it has more accurate figures than what Meghan wants to read in DM. She's a classic narc - wants to win, to be the first, the bestest. Problem is that reality is different and online views have stats count.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #571 on: May 30, 2018, 08:04:48 am »

A little note about live streams and video views: If someone is on a live stream for anywhere between 10-30 seconds,  it will be counted as a full view. On videos posted to platforms like YouTube and Facebook, the timeframe is even less.

If you're not looking at the average time and an average number of viewers, the numbers will always be skewed.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #572 on: May 30, 2018, 01:28:37 pm »

^Good point and very true.  Plus, you have to take into account "forced viewing" such as airports.  All US airports play only CNN.  You have no other choice.  It's so 1984.  I don't know anyone who watched the wedding in my personal life.  All, of course, saw clips and stills.  Some liked the gospel choir, no one liked the dress and not many knew who the bride was nor cared.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #573 on: May 30, 2018, 01:45:37 pm »

These are the figures for the first 7 days since the event. BARB will put up new figures after 28 days as most UK TV channels have a delay feature whereby you can watch it when you want to.

https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/weekly-top-30/

If you go to this link you will see only the 7 day figures are up. Usually shows go up - but by how much for something like a royal wedding I have no idea.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #574 on: May 30, 2018, 02:32:58 pm »

Not bad. 11 mil for the two live broadcasts. If this was a testimony of love between two people and not a competition with W&K, I'd say awesome. People watched and wished them good.

But somehow I get the impression that the sponsors like Nike were promised bigger ratings. That's why Selena Williams had to "apologize"for the Nike commercial "confusion" and then mama Doria had to merch Nikes too. Bland product placement doesn't bring brand loyalty.

Givenchy must be also not so happy that their new hire got them a high profile client on the back of her gender (sexist much..) but created a blah wedding dress that was worn in the 1990 by another person and is identical to another designer's. Whatever materials they used - mustn't have been good ones and whatever seamstress they must have used, mustn't have been a good one either.

The only one who got good publicity from this wedding is Stella McCartney with the white wedding dress and with Oprah's which was done overnight (why at the last minute..) and still fitted her nicely.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #575 on: May 30, 2018, 03:30:20 pm »

The big question of those who did view it....   Were they viewing to see something fairy tale that they would like?  Lips Sealed  Or were they viewing to see what a shambles it would be?  Kate-Horror-Queen

I think from comments I have seen - many not complimentary, that is was more the latter.

I did not watch it, but did view parts fast forwarded a lot on youtube.  blink

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #576 on: May 30, 2018, 04:46:37 pm »

I recorded it, then watched parts of it.  That might be counted as a full viewing.
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #577 on: May 30, 2018, 05:08:30 pm »

I don't think any networks repeated the wedding on Sunday, the Sussex's only got the one day and then onto the next thing! tehe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #578 on: May 30, 2018, 07:09:41 pm »

Here in the US it was rerun on Saturday night.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #579 on: May 30, 2018, 08:00:26 pm »

Sandy, are you in Cali as well?

By the way, tumblr calls the car in which Meghan and Wallis were driven the homobile. Just wanted to share this because it's hillarious. It's like the batmobile but it's a homobile. To me the retro car they drove was like a Bondmobile.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: