Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 09:52:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dukes of Cambridge: Press Articles & Random Chat 2019  (Read 3065 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2019, 01:16:06 am »

House Cambridge: a simmering scandal

Yesterday I posted about the story that took over royal gossip circles this weekend – it’s been brewing for months, originating in the English countryside, with the “Turnip toffs”. As I said, it’s Big Little Lies, royal edition. Supposedly Princess Kate used to be good friends with Rose Hanbury, the Marchioness of Cholmondeley, but now they’re no longer tight and, apparently, Kate’s been pushing Prince William to excise Rose and her husband from their friend circle.

In all the reporting, no one’s been able to say what this is about. They keep talking about a rift – but they won’t follow up on the cause of the rift. Which… is unusual. Because, like, if a source comes to you and is all like, hey, Kate and Rose aren’t friends anymore, the natural and logical next question is… WHY?

As you know, royals don’t usually try to shut down every rumour. Typically they try to ride it out. In his column for the Daily Mail which I covered yesterday, Richard Kay noted that both William and the Cholmondeleys have “considered legal action” and that adds another layer of intrigue here – because if it’s just a story about two women not getting along anymore, like how Kate and Meghan allegedly haven’t been getting along, why bother with the lawyers? 
https://www.laineygossip.com/rumours-of-affair-between-prince-william-and-catherines-friend-rose-hanbury-come-to-surface/52289

michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2019, 05:04:46 am »

^ is Lainey still good with megain ?
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2019, 02:07:41 pm »

^^ The finger continues to point at Meg: Giles was supposedly at the Soho party in Amsterdam. The story also didn't pick up and had to be republished, with still no claims as to why the "falling out".
Who the F is Giles anyway? Certainly not someone known to have been in those circles (by "those" I mean all well-connected and aristo circles, not just the Winds).

^ My guess is yes, at least they keep each other in their peripheral sphere for mutual gain, as evidenced by this article.

Seriously this smells like Murky is all over this.

Next time you try, start with the alleged "cheating" or whatever other reason, and don't let your flunky tweet about it ages later when it occurs to you you missed a vital part of a leak, that way maybe the story will garner more interest and seem more believable than a veiled "oh so-and-so had a falling out!" Makes as interesting a story as watching paint dry.

Whether Bill and Chummy sue remains to be seen, but if they really consider legal action then it's proof this is a bogus story, as threatening and pursuing legal action would expose the truth and such a truth they'd all want buried, not exposed and talked about for ages.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2019, 02:26:06 pm »

I think there is talk of legal action because the subjects of the article knows who is behind it and they want to expose them.  People have disagreements with neighbors all the time.  That's nothing new and no big deal.  But a story put out for nothing more than malicious reasons -- that is what is news and could easily be exposed. 
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2019, 02:42:03 pm »

House Cambridge: a simmering scandal

Yesterday I posted about the story that took over royal gossip circles this weekend – it’s been brewing for months, originating in the English countryside, with the “Turnip toffs”. As I said, it’s Big Little Lies, royal edition. Supposedly Princess Kate used to be good friends with Rose Hanbury, the Marchioness of Cholmondeley, but now they’re no longer tight and, apparently, Kate’s been pushing Prince William to excise Rose and her husband from their friend circle.

In all the reporting, no one’s been able to say what this is about. They keep talking about a rift – but they won’t follow up on the cause of the rift. Which… is unusual. Because, like, if a source comes to you and is all like, hey, Kate and Rose aren’t friends anymore, the natural and logical next question is… WHY?

As you know, royals don’t usually try to shut down every rumour. Typically they try to ride it out. In his column for the Daily Mail which I covered yesterday, Richard Kay noted that both William and the Cholmondeleys have “considered legal action” and that adds another layer of intrigue here – because if it’s just a story about two women not getting along anymore, like how Kate and Meghan allegedly haven’t been getting along, why bother with the lawyers?  
https://www.laineygossip.com/rumours-of-affair-between-prince-william-and-catherines-friend-rose-hanbury-come-to-surface/52289

Meghan is being VERY stupid getting her friend to provoke William so Publicly...
Now cant be more obvious the rift between the 2 couples
sandy
Princess

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2019, 03:25:45 pm »

I don't know why you assume Meghan is responsible. She is close to giving birth and has other things on her mind.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2019, 04:32:16 pm »

Lainey is Meghan's friend.
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2019, 07:18:24 pm »

Even though there are two sources linked to meg. I’m not convinced meg is partially responsible.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2019, 07:44:04 pm »

Meghan is going to be a mother in a few weeks and has other things to think about. It's a shaky claim IMO to link Meghan to it.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2019, 09:40:11 pm »

i think a "shaky claim" says meghan has nothing to do with her media friends provoking william that publicly
sandy
Princess

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2019, 11:15:49 pm »

Meghan's "friends" are not robots they can do things on their own if this story holds any water
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2019, 11:37:19 am »

Meghan's media friends has the same role that Penny Junnor has for Charles and Richard Kay had for Diana. Fair is fair. The rest of double standard
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2019, 01:59:18 pm »

^Agree, Diana!

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2019, 02:08:18 pm »

^^  . . . I have to disagree on that, dianab.   Diana was trying to let the story out that her husband had had a mistress all along and the fairy tale wasn't what it seemed to be.  Charles retaliated by putting it about through Nicky and Ingrid, etc. that Diana was mad!  Mad, I say!  And she was a horrible wife and mother and therefore he should be allowed to divorce despite upending years of tradition.

In other words, Charles and Diana were a married couple jockeying for power in a divorce action, basically. 

In this case, stories are coming out undermining another married couple -- the Cambridges -- in an attempt to say "I'm not so bad -- look at them!"  There are also swats at other royals, but the main focus is on the Cambridges, and a certain angry woman is soooo SWF-ing the Cambridges . . .

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2019, 02:14:53 pm »

During her last 4 or 5 years Diana had Richard Kay as her mouthpiece, and everything he wrote was with her approval. Same thing Charles with his friends and now Meghan with her friends. The common factor there's going on a PR war behind the scenes.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2019, 04:09:04 pm »

^ Yes, but a married couple keeping it within themselves; whereas the short angry woman is targeting another couple -- not her own marriage.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2019, 04:31:25 pm »

I am not getting why some of this gossip is considered factual. I see no comparison with Charles and Diana whatsoever.
Venus De Milo
courtier

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2019, 07:21:40 pm »

^^ There is no evidence whatsoever that Meghan is an angry woman, why would she be?
The idea she is some angry, jealous woman trying to hurt W&K (because they are so fabulous, apparently?) is simply not true. There are sections of the media running a campaign against Meghan, and although W&K benefits from it, they are not behind it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: