Royal Gossip
October 19, 2018, 09:30:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Book About Charles with his travel demands  (Read 1859 times)
marion
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 06:41:58 pm »

^^The RF are already a laughing stock worldwide due to something we discuss in the MO section.  I think many of these people are already aware of Charles' behaviour as he's stayed in the Commonwealth countries often enough.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 12:36:41 am »

Latest excerpt

REVEALED: Row with the Queen that led Charles to demand she get rid of her favourite courtier

Christopher Geidt was enlisted to help impress the need for continuity
    Rows over the Queen's desire for stability led Charles to demand she get rid of her Private Secretary
    The Palace wanted to send a message to Prince Charles: Once he became king, he was not to tamper with long-established timetables and traditions

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5533829/Prince-Charles-demanded-Queen-rid-favourite-courtier.html

PS One of the astonishing revelations (though I guess definitely not surprising), is the fact that Charles was hoping that Liz would abolish and hand the reins over to him. Always sugars claims how an abolition is totally out of the question, and yet Charles saw it as a possibility. At this point it is nonetheless clear that Liz will stay on the throne until she draws her last breath though. Also the sugary claim that Liz swore she would serve until the end (BBC radio broadcast from Africa before she was queen, "however long or short my life be...") and yet documentaries have revealed (by the speech writer himself amongst other people) that Liz had no idea what she was reading there and it was mostly for publicity/ the people. No one had a clue what lasting effect that speech would have and Liz was neither aware nor had the total intention to claim with that speech that she would never vacate the throne as some like to claim.
I think Liz is hanging on because a) she know it'll all go to shyte once she's gone, either by abolishing or death and b) I think it's clear she doesn't trust Charles entirely to hand the reins over to him.

I do however think that an abolishment is better than ascension by death of previous king or queen. To me the best example are the Netherlands and Bea & Willem-Alexander: she supports her son as new king, thinks it's time for the younger generation to do the job, and she enjoys retirement. To the people it is a signal of total confidence and trust by Bea to her son and his wife, and on top of that the ascension and coronation/ ceremony are not overshadowed by the sad event of a parents'/ beloved's death.

The Winds claim always "stability", but death can bring greater instability than handing over the firm's reins in good faith like in the Netherlands. And I absolutely do expect instability for the Winds once Liz is gone.
Of course, I could be wrong with my prediction and impression, wouldn't be the first time. Also wouldn't be the first time if I were right either  Cool king tehe
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:47:40 am by HRHOlya » Logged
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 03:14:34 am »

^ The word you are looking for is abdicate I think, not abolish.

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
marion
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 07:40:14 am »

^^Didn't many of us here  say at the time this summons to  BP over Philip's retirement was a smokescreen  for something else?!!!!!
Val
Princess

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2018, 07:56:37 am »

An extract from the book

'At a recent dinner with friends in Mayfair, Philip joked about his determination to live beyond 95. The reason for his and the Queen's longevity, he explained amid his friends' laughter, was to keep Charles from the throne.'
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2018, 11:04:02 am »

^^^ Yes! Dang it!!! It was way too late for me, should've just gone to bed!!  Embarrassed Egg Good catch, thank you for the correction! flower And it sounded wrong somehow, but I couldn't put my finger on it easter-lol Well done Olya haha

^ easter-lol laugh

^^ Yeah I think so. sigh
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2018, 04:46:45 pm »

^ I laughed so hard at PP comment about PC.

The only constant is change.
sanka
royal watcher

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2018, 09:23:41 am »

If that comment is true that PP said about PC it is a great one.

I always thought Prince Andrew had the shadiest associates but in the book  PC had some that would not have been suitable in his position.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: