Royal Gossip
June 21, 2018, 11:02:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Book About Charles with his travel demands  (Read 1394 times)
sandy
Princess

« on: March 16, 2018, 10:11:25 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5511397/Prince-Charless-remarkable-travel-demands-revealed.html

This book sounds interesting. Charles is precious and petulant. Finally, a non-sycophant writing a book about Charles! Maybe Penny will have a fit over this.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 12:00:35 am »

That's the bio I have preordered on Amazon and have been waiting some time for. It's due for release any day. An article a while ago said that Charles would probably be annoyed by this book.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 12:25:46 am »

You two are kidding right

The only constant is change.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:52:17 am »

why?
Val
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 08:12:21 am »

It showes him as a total self indulgent prat and the British tax payers are going to be furious at the way their taxes are wasted indulging him.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 11:27:46 am »

"All his aides were subject to familiar daily tirades. ‘Even my office is not the right temperature,’ he’d moan. ‘Why do I have to put up with this? It makes my life so unbearable.’"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5511397/Prince-Charless-remarkable-travel-demands-revealed.html

"And if he was expected to sit for a meal, the host would be informed in advance that an aide would be delivering a bag containing the Prince’s food. This was in complete contrast with the Queen, who always ate what everyone else was having."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5511397/Prince-Charless-remarkable-travel-demands-revealed.html

"‘Every time I made the office work,’ Riddell observed, ‘the Prince f***ed it up again.

‘He comes in, complains that his office is “useless” and people cannot spell and the world is so unfair, then says: “This is part of the intolerable burden I put up with. This incompetence!” ’"

"When Charles entertained at home, everything was geared to his own habits and convenience. Dinner would be served to guests at 8pm, but he wouldn’t arrive until 8.15pm, because he’d decided against eating a first course.

It was fine, therefore, for dinner guests to start without him. Not at breakfast, though: visitors to Highgrove were cautioned by Camilla not to begin eating before the Prince appeared."

He is bloody rude! So just not arrive though your guests are eating, because you decided against a first course? This man is ridiculous.

I knew so much of this before, but still, good Gawd, wtf! What an utter nightmare to have as guest or friend! He expects his friends to visit him at their own expense when he lives for months in Scotland, though all his friends are rich of course. Assistant on call during all of Chuck's waking hours in case he needs sth! And also travelling everywhere, even for just one weekend, with his complete bedroom - and Camz's too! Nuts!! He must have his own bedroom twice - one where he is, and the other where he goes to, impossible to pack his bedroom and send it off a day early, what would he then sleep on? And Camz does this too, so much for "down to earth Camilla, happiest at Ray Mill".... Also, can't "great love story" Chuck & Camz share one bedroom for one weekend only? But make everyone's lives a misery by replacing all the furniture, bringing their own food, their own everything and take up to frikkin rooms even though they are a married old couple! No wonder Liz has no place anymore at Balmoral and the poor boo boo Winds must sleep in the servants' quarters, when they all need their own frikkin bedrooms and can't share with even their own spouses!

Going to a monastery in Greece for meditation after Liz the q mum's passing for 3 days, with 43 pieces of luggage, when the point is to live as simply as possible at a monastery, and he can't even do that for 3 days and 2 nights, and yet this poor man's whole life is "unbearable" and a "duty". Give me strength.

This article is so unbelievable, I could quote it to no end, absolutely worth a read, but have a drink ready, I find it (him!) infuriating.

"Sir Christopher Airy, who became his private secretary in 1990, was once reprimanded for suggesting to Charles that a forthcoming visit was ‘your duty’. The Prince shouted at him: ‘Duty is what I live — an intolerable burden.’"

Chuck, you intolerable prat. The whole family is intolerable.

The sooner these dolts are gone, the better. Republic's the only way.
Val
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 05:19:39 pm »

^

Anyone who had any support for him before that article/book would have immediately changed their minds after reading about so much crazy self indulgence and the wanton spending of tax payers' money.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 09:09:23 pm »

Esp as we are about to be hit with a new tax to pay for sorry care and the  NHS
marion
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 03:58:39 pm »

^oops ......That was meant to say " pay for our care...."

Charles disgusts me..when he is treated like this ex nurse then, and only then, can he say his life is unbearable
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5515057/Gran-left-Leeds-hospital-corridor-six-days-without-toilet.html

india
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 04:28:22 pm »

^ This is horrifying. That poor woman. Charlie Boy and his woo wooing better learn to keep his trap shut.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 05:11:16 pm »

Wtf seriously? I knew he was high maintenance but this is another level. Also the same book talks about he ans Will doesnt it?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 11:01:23 pm »

The Queen’s Cold War against Camilla: Weeks before Charles married, the Queen cut Camilla out of ceremonies and dinners. And the final insult? As TOM BOWER reveals she didn't even talk to her at her own wedding party!

To Charles's intense annoyance, the Queen disapproved of his relationship with Camilla Parker Bowles, even when they were both divorced. In the gripping third part of our serialisation of a new biography of Prince Charles, Britain’s top investigative author reveals how a frustrated and angry Prince decided to have a late-night showdown with his mother at Balmoral . . .
On A late summer’s evening at Balmoral, Charles decided the moment had finally come. He was going to confront his mother and demand, once and for all, that she end her continued hostility to the woman he loved, Camilla Parker Bowles.
For years, both the Queen and her mother had refused to have anything to do with Charles’s mistress. Not only did they not want her present at any royal function, either formal or informal; they actively disapproved of her, and of Charles’s relationship with her.

But by the summer of 1998, Camilla was growing increasingly annoyed with Charles’s continued insistence that she must keep a low profile.
‘You’re off to the theatre with friends, so why can’t I come?’ she’d snap. She also wanted to meet William and Harry, and to be able to join Charles on holiday — and could see no reason, almost a year after Diana’s death, why that shouldn’t happen.
However, as the Prince knew better than anyone, there was no possibility of bringing their relationship out into the open without the Queen’s approval.
Princess Margaret, who sympathised with him, had tried to intercede on his behalf. But the Queen had told her sister she didn’t want to meet, or even talk about, Camilla.
So, exasperated by what he termed an intolerable situation, and egged on by Margaret, he approached his mother one night in her sitting room at Balmoral

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5520353/TOM-BOWER-Queens-Cold-War-against-Camilla.html#ixzz5AErHsyOq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 11:21:44 pm »

I don't think the part about Margaret is true. Margaret intensely disliked Camilla as did her mother. Margaret called Camilla "that mistress."
marion
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 11:27:28 pm »

This shows the extent they will go to in order to cover up and spin, nothing surprising there
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 11:59:56 pm »

Camilla is such a dolt; wants ot go out and about right after Diana's death, thinking that the crowds wouldn't want to  rip her apart. She chose to be the mistress, so she should have accepted that as a side piece, she had no business asking to be made respectable.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 01:45:03 am »

Kate Hawkesby: My eye-opening flight with Prince Charles
An explosive new book on Prince Charles is released this week, and in it, a bunch of claims about how he likes to live and travel. He's referred to as particular, out of touch and rude. It reveals how he insists on travelling with a complete staff and all his own furnishings, including his own toilet seat and toilet paper. His own pre-mixed drinks with his own glass. And so the list goes on.

I wasn't surprised when I read all this, mainly because I've had the unique and bizarre opportunity to travel with Prince Charles, quite by accident. So I've seen the demands, the grey men and the petulant behaviour first hand. It was like witnessing a spoiled child.

The first we knew that we were going to be in the presence of the Prince was when a Singapore airlines employee pulled us aside at check-in and in hushed tones announced that the seats we'd booked had been allocated to someone else; therefore we were being moved to different ones but within the same cabin.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12016184

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
dianab
Countess

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 12:07:58 pm »

The Queen’s Cold War against Camilla: Weeks before Charles married, the Queen cut Camilla out of ceremonies and dinners. And the final insult? As TOM BOWER reveals she didn't even talk to her at her own wedding party!

To Charles's intense annoyance, the Queen disapproved of his relationship with Camilla Parker Bowles, even when they were both divorced. In the gripping third part of our serialisation of a new biography of Prince Charles, Britain’s top investigative author reveals how a frustrated and angry Prince decided to have a late-night showdown with his mother at Balmoral . . .
On A late summer’s evening at Balmoral, Charles decided the moment had finally come. He was going to confront his mother and demand, once and for all, that she end her continued hostility to the woman he loved, Camilla Parker Bowles.
For years, both the Queen and her mother had refused to have anything to do with Charles’s mistress. Not only did they not want her present at any royal function, either formal or informal; they actively disapproved of her, and of Charles’s relationship with her.

But by the summer of 1998, Camilla was growing increasingly annoyed with Charles’s continued insistence that she must keep a low profile.
‘You’re off to the theatre with friends, so why can’t I come?’ she’d snap. She also wanted to meet William and Harry, and to be able to join Charles on holiday — and could see no reason, almost a year after Diana’s death, why that shouldn’t happen.
However, as the Prince knew better than anyone, there was no possibility of bringing their relationship out into the open without the Queen’s approval.
Princess Margaret, who sympathised with him, had tried to intercede on his behalf. But the Queen had told her sister she didn’t want to meet, or even talk about, Camilla.
So, exasperated by what he termed an intolerable situation, and egged on by Margaret, he approached his mother one night in her sitting room at Balmoral

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5520353/TOM-BOWER-Queens-Cold-War-against-Camilla.html#ixzz5AErHsyOq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
not sure if this story is true... the queen's speech in after-pary(?) of  charles and camilla' wedding she said she was happy for them and was indirectly disrespectful to diana - when BOTH charles and camilla WILLINGLY brought Diana to their long-term BUT QUITE MESSY relationship. IIRC the queen talked about the obstacles they had to overcome
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:11:28 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 01:20:08 pm »

One of the "obstacles" was the Queen's own mother, who did not want a C and C wedding in her lifetime. It was in a way a slam at her own mother. The Queen ignored the Camilla problem when warned about it ca. 1979-80 by a courtier.  Will and Harry probably were less than thrilled to hear that in the speech.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:23:33 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Countess

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 01:28:22 pm »

the way of wording of her speech looked like she was talking about diana and andrew parker-bowles.

william and harry were adults back then. loyalty wasnt a big thing in them. but it appears after george's birth something changed in their relations with camilla
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:30:55 pm by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 01:28:46 pm »

I truly think HM has never realized the magnitude of her reign and position.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: