Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 04:35:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles Worried About Portrayal In “The Crown”?  (Read 1005 times)
dianab
Duchess

« on: February 22, 2018, 03:52:19 pm »

Prince Charles Worried About Portrayal In “The Crown”?

By Holly Nicol | 3:51 am, February 22, 2018

Is Prince Charles really worried about the portrayal of his relationship with Camilla Parker-Bowles in the third series of Netflix’s “The Crown”? That’s the latest claim coming from one of this week’s tabloids, but Gossip Cop can set the record straight. We’re told it’s “false.”

The upcoming season of “The Crown” is set to feature the introduction of Parker-Bowles, but according to Life & Style, Prince Charles is “panicking” over how his marriage will be depicted on the show. A so-called “source” is quoted as telling the gossip magazine, “Charles is having sleepless nights over it. He can’t seem to escape his past and is feeling anxious about what ‘The Crown’ will divulge.” The publication’s alleged “insider” continues to claim, “The next season of ‘The Crown’ will reveal what went on behind closed doors with Camilla and Charles, and his turbulent marriage to Diana.”

The often discredited outlet goes on to assert that Parker-Bowles, on the other hand, isn’t concerned about her portrayal in the period drama. “Charles is worried. His wife? Not so much. Camilla is relishing becoming a key character in the show,” contends the tabloid’s tipster. But Gossip Cop looked into the report, and a royal source tells us the story is completely “false.”

Contrary to the publication’s far-fetched tale, the Duke of Cornwall isn’t “panicking” over how his relationship with Parker-Bowles will be represented on “The Crown.” As a member of the royal family, every aspect of Prince Charles’s life, embarrassing or otherwise, has already been widely reported on, so he’s certainly not concerned about his portrayal on a television show. In fact, the Netflix drama has been well-received by the royals, particularly the queen, who reportedly enjoys watching “The Crown.”

Oddly, this isn’t the first time Gossip Cop has busted Life & Style for publishing a bogus article involving the popular Netflix show. In December, for instance, we corrected the magazine when it falsely claimed Meghan Markle watched “The Crown” to learn about royal etiquette. In that bizarre narrative, the publication ridiculously alleged the hit series was Markle’s “cheat sheet” now that she’s engaged to Prince Harry. Of course, the story was wholly made-up.

And similar to the latest report, Gossip Cop called out the website Celeb Dirty Laundry for its equally inaccurate story about Prince William and Kate Middleton being concerned about the portrayal of their marriage on “The Crown.” That article was untrue, and the same goes for this latest one about Prince Charles being worried about how his relationship with Parker-Bowles will be shown in the upcoming season of “The Crown.”

https://www.gossipcop.com/prince-charles-worried-portrayal-the-crown/

the funniest part to me, is charles using gossipcop to give his version of facts (like every celeb mentioned in this site do!)

lmao

nice to know that like liz likes the cheating and others scandals of phil being played on tv laundry she'll love the relive diana and sarah sagas ... such wonderful memories  shifty
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:54:24 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:05:38 pm »

Maybe Junor can write the script then Charles can sleep easily.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 04:09:48 pm »

Charles wouldn't know what the heck GossipCop is, IMO. I doubt if he's ever heard of it. Nor do I think the Queen has ever seen an episode of The Crown. Why would she want to see fiction dressed up as fact?
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 04:19:25 pm »

many of fiction - as royalists like call it-, are stories published in newspapers back then... without the war of waleses, kanga and camilla will be fiction until nowadays to royalists... people in comments' section, said as that stuff was well commented back then (published in newspapers et al)... philip had mistresses and friendships with a pretty good number of bad characters... the author obviously reaserched his stuff
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:23 pm »

Whether the stories printed in tabloids and magazines about royals in the past are fiction or part fiction or part truth, that doesn't mean that Charles contacts GossipCop, or that the Queen watches The Crown. Nobody believes that The Crown is the truth about the royals. The producers and writers of The Crown have admitted in interviews they take dramatic licence with their storylines. Unless their writers have been sitting eavesdropping under couches and tables at the Palaces for the past fifty years, along with tabloid writers, easter-lol!

And who are these numbers of bad characters Philip has been friends with for years?  I'd be interested to know.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:14 pm »

I think Charles will be treated with kid gloves. It was Poor Little Charles in the story of his going to school and then flashbacks to Philip at the same school. I will give up if the spin is that Charles was "forced" to marry Diana (he did this of his own volition and could have said no IMO. Charles' authorized biography should be used as reference where he clearly indicated he did not marry Camilla back then because as he said he was "too young then." If they make Diana the bad one, I will be done with the series.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 04:48:51 pm »

profumo affair come to mind... the author did not create the links of philip to that case/affair - philip has always been a poor excuse of man (in so many levels) and charles is exactly like him - andrew too, but he belongs to someone else, a well known fiction  easter-lol according to royalists

@sandy the crown's author dont seems me big fan of windors , who knows? maybe he'll want touch in 'charles and saville friendship'... charles' bad pr is much more than diana and camilla

charles as a kid definitely was a victim of philip, as every kid is bullied by a parent... it obviously shaped (along with the queen mother and mabel influences) the cold and egocentric man he is... the philip's childhood also shaped him
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:55:42 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »

The Crown left out that the Queen Mum was the main one who disapproved of Charles going away to School. But ironically, the Queen Mum was not the best influence on Charles. Overcoddling him to the point where he felt he was the center of the universe and the sense that he could blame others and not take any responsibility for his actions.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 05:06:07 pm »

what matters Queen Mum disapproved of school? charles was miserable there, that was the wrong place to him... not the philip or the queen cared about that - both of them must to be great with horses but ZERO gift/feeling for parenthood, both awful parents... it's very interestng the very least and the very favorite sons of the queen become so close to convicted paedos - god knows what freud would says about that - something very wrong with that family - then charles hero-worshipped a man like uncle mountbatten... remember  the stories he liked little boys - what a awful bunch this family is
sandy
Princess

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 06:31:42 pm »

It mattered in all of Charles biographies and even the Queen Mum's authorized biography. One episode had her putting on her coat and hat to go rescue Charles after reading a letter from him complaining about the school. Whether she was stopped from carrying out her mission or decided not to do it is subject to speculation. It is true since it came from the authorized biography of the QM. I'm surprised the incident was not dramatized.

I would think Charles would have learned to be kind after experiencing this. But he was pretty cold hearted with some people including Diana and Kanga.

After a certain point Mom and Dad can't be blamed for the Windsor children's flaws. IMO.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »

Maybe Junor can write the script then Charles can sleep easily.

easter-lol He'd love that!!

Charles may not have contacted GossipCop, but his PR might have. As far as I understand it, GossipCop gets paid directly by the person affected to debunk sth without the person actually coming forward and commenting. Frankly, the Windsors have descended into the world of celebrity and are nothing more than glorified celebrities being paid by the taxpayer, on top of that these "royals" performances are p*ss poor and new additional cast leaves a lot to be desired. bored3

Yeah, no one can blame their parents and upbringing for all eternity, at some point everyone's an adult and has to answer for their own actions and not cry "it's mummy's & daddy's fault!"

Charles will also have to worry then about the upcoming season of Feud eating cookies

I don't dismiss "gossip" that lightly, if that were the case then we could dismiss most of history frankly, and also when reading gossip sites (often linked here to) I think by reading carefully and often you get well-versed to recognize some real stuff, and there's a lot of real stuff there. The fail has also very often reported on sleb's engagements, pregnancies and divorces etc etc, sometimes weeks or even months in advance and they are often right, same for the comments section, often more enlightening than the articles themselves, which has me thinking: Does the dm and others deliberately publish bs stories, only to get apt and good commenters write the truth in the comments section, so the dm et al avoid lawsuits etc but the truth is there still?

Also, we have had that very enlightening docu, aired ca. 1 year ago, on the Winds's PR tactics, from many decades ago (abdication crisis) up to today. With all that in mind I think it's foolish to dismiss "gossip" too lightly and even dismiss past "gossip", when we've long since learnt the truth and know for a fact what was true and what not (largely, not entirely, mind).
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 09:22:52 pm »

goodpost amazing post HRHOlya

It mattered in all of Charles biographies and even the Queen Mum's authorized biography. One episode had her putting on her coat and hat to go rescue Charles after reading a letter from him complaining about the school. Whether she was stopped from carrying out her mission or decided not to do it is subject to speculation. It is true since it came from the authorized biography of the QM. I'm surprised the incident was not dramatized.

I would think Charles would have learned to be kind after experiencing this. But he was pretty cold hearted with some people including Diana and Kanga.
hardly, many people who went through this sort of experience become exacly as people who'd badly treated them - philip himself is good example after his awful childhood he was nothing but a cold father and husband, with NO respect for feelings of others (particularly his wife and children). i'm not justifying charles but it shows why he became a cold hearted man. In show, also was showed Philip's childhood flashes, it shows why become that awful man. And The Crown' author definitely isnt a fan of Philip.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:31:58 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 12:32:30 am »

It is fair to say that not all people become abusive themselves after being abused. Charles could have made it his mission not to treat others abusively. He didn't. He became spoiled and self entitled and was enabled by Grandma and his sycophantic friends. I doubt APB would have been so accepting of Charles sleeping with his wife if he had  been merely a commoner. And Lord Tryon would also not have looked the other way  about his wife's extracurricular activities if Charles had been a nobody. Philip's other three children did not say he was cold to them. I think the Queen Mum's pampering of Charles enabled his bad behavior. ANd Mountbatten enabled Charles bed hopping. The Queen herself did not come off that great in the Crown especially when she did not help her sister Margaret when she wanted to marry Townsend. I don't buy into the poor poor Charles spin which seems to be used by Junor for all its worth.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:14 am »

it's well known philip had issues with elizabeth being important one and charles having a position more important than he (philip) ever will be. i dont know who said all but yes  MANY - which is the case of Philip and Charles - Philip had a awful childhood, why was/isnt he a caring person? But the fact is Andrew and Tryon accepted future king sleeping with their wives, it were the women whom made vows and should but hadnt any respect for their husbands they'd children with.

So much as you dislike that, the queen and philip werent victims of charles when he was a boy and (they) shipped him to a cold school in Scotland... they made their bed with him... others 3 children all depend financially of liz - they hardly would say anything bad about them - andrew and edward never went that close to philip - no wonder why...

I dont remember if it's Feud or the crown that intends show Tiggy as mistress of Charles in 1990s - a interesting move - eating cookies
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:58:48 am by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 01:16:43 am »

Charles should have been chastised severely for messing  with a brother officer's wife; in the US, violating the ten commandments as a soldier can get you imprisoned. Charles should stop worrying about how he's portrayed and he should worry more about whether or not he will even have much of a crown to inherit. As it is, it's becoming common talk that after Harry and Meg marry, that there will be a republic after HM goes. If he worried less about his PR and more about his character he wouldn't be in this mess. PR can only do so much.

As for Prince Philp, I get fed up with his whining all the time about being second place. He was raised in that life and KNEW that he would have to be a consort and not a king. I was disgusted at how he whined about bowing to HM, walking behind HM and basically being her support system; he was no stranger to that way of life.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 02:27:35 am »

Philip willingly married Elizabeth and knew what the situation would be when he married her. He was a poor refugee with royal blood and sponsored by his Uncles and got an education and served during W W II. I think though he had some lingering resentments when Elizabeth's parents insisted they wait a year for the engagement and wedding. He and the Queen Mum did not really get along all that well.

it's well known philip had issues with elizabeth being important one and charles having a position more important than he (philip) ever will be. i dont know who said all but yes  MANY - which is the case of Philip and Charles - Philip had a awful childhood, why was/isnt he a caring person? But the fact is Andrew and Tryon accepted future king sleeping with their wives, it were the women whom made vows and should but hadnt any respect for their husbands they'd children with.

So much as you dislike that, the queen and philip werent victims of charles when he was a boy and (they) shipped him to a cold school in Scotland... they made their bed with him... others 3 children all depend financially of liz - they hardly would say anything bad about them - andrew and edward never went that close to philip - no wonder why...

I dont remember if it's Feud or the crown that intends show Tiggy as mistress of Charles in 1990s - a interesting move - eating cookies

dianab of course I blame the wives too. The whole bunch behaved in a sleazy way. IMO. Andrew and Tryon put being "in" with a Prince of Wales ahead of any self respect they might have had. The wives were ambitious being with a POW. And Andrew PB still benefits from being in "royal circles."

Elizabeth always had the upper hand, she would never be dispensable. Philip had zilch claim to the throne. For one reason or the other she fell in love with Philip and only wanted him as a husband.

Charles DID depend on his mother's good graces. She gave him permission to marry Camilla Parker Bowles. And turned a blind eye to Charles' sleazy behavior.

Princess Anne is close to both her parents. And she roundly criticized Charles for his complaints about their parents.

I did not say I liked or disliked anything.  I would say most children dislike school. I would say almost all children have no control over where they go to school and yes, they can *despise* it. Charles is not the only one who disliked school. But I think it Charles nature to complain and grouse about 'his lot'.

None of them are victims. But all of them made bad choices in life. Charles being a "victim" of his parents did not make it OK for him to behave like a sleaze and treat his first wife horribly.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:32:18 am by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 04:46:17 am »

To say the least about Kanga; there are those who think she was bumped off since she was too talkative, but frankly again, 'the rules,' that are so asinine.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »

Charles DID depend on his mother's good graces. She gave him permission to marry Camilla Parker Bowles. And turned a blind eye to Charles' sleazy behavior.

Princess Anne is close to both her parents. And she roundly criticized Charles for his complaints about their parents.
charles has duchy of cornwall. Anne and her bothers NO...

None of them are victims. But all of them made bad choices in life. Charles being a "victim" of his parents did not make it OK for him to behave like a sleaze and treat his first wife horribly.
i dont know who's saying it's ok the way charles treated diana... but what he went through in his childhood is a fact... the same about philip, it was also showed his traumatic childhood but the the crown' author not showed any 'compassion' (read:white wash) for philip's behavior as adult.... they both were treated with coldness as kids... well they become cold adults

BTW i dont doubt the crown' author will include the Philip's advice to Charles (which Diana said to Settelen): if your marriage not worked you always can go back to camilla after 5 years (enough time to got a heir and spare, i suppose)... father and son may dislike each other but they sure are alike... 2 self absorbed cads
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:04:58 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 12:52:43 am »

Philip HAS been scapegoated when Charles went around bleating he was "forced" to marry Diana. He carried around a letter as "proof." But Charles was 32 and an adult and no he could make his own decisions. But the letter only said that if he felt he did not love DIana, drop her rather than marrying her instead of dragging things out. Philip did not get a court order "making" Charles marry Diana Spencer. Charles has a habit of blaming others. Philip is no saint but he did not "force" Charles to marry anybody. Camilla even helped Charles select Lady Diana so he could have heirs. Charles got to have his  cake and eat it too.

It is immaterial  to me that CHarles has the Duchy of Cornwall. It did not give him Carte blanche to bash his parents. Charles was said to want to be treated more "special" than his siblings and apparently he was not satisfied that his parents did not treat him that way.

People have wills of their own and when they grow up make their own way. Charles could have consciously thought, I will not be like my father and not treat people mean. Philip was not in the same position as Charles. HE was theoretically dispensable. The Queen had the power in the relationship and he was her consort. Diana was dispensable and if Charles was not "satisfied" he ditched her. Diana did not want to be "civilized" in Charles world by playing nice with the mistress.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 02:34:54 am »

You're right.

Philip just told Charles to stop stringing Diana along and make up his mind; clearly Charles' dithering was taking a toll and basically Charles chose to propose.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: