Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 04:39:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Charles be the new head of Commonwealth? secret talks going on  (Read 2166 times)
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 07:48:03 pm »

Yes and yes, Sandy and Kuei Fei!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 07:58:46 pm »

Camilla had no problems being his mistress and frankly being at his beck and call; I do think THIS is the main reason that mistresses never should be married since after all, mistresses are not used to the requirements of being a wife. Diana had households to manage since age nineteen and she did have huge responsibilities and now Camilla is shirking. Camilla should be there even if she has to experience a little discomfort.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 03:41:08 am »

Liz is 91 and she is still going so Cammie needs to suck it up and do her job.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 04:15:55 am »

I do think that this is down to upbringing; Diana was raised in a stricter way and she was raised to keep going. Camilla was not raised in any strict way and so it's not like she's someone who is disciplined enough to push herself. It's not like Camilla made any sacrifices that meant anything, she's never had to make hard choices.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 05:05:56 am »

Perhaps Camilla thought that by getting married at an older age/second wife, she'd get out of doing a lot of work? I don't think people can say much because she is 70 and most people her age are retired.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 06:03:58 am »

Foolish move; HM is still working and so are many others.

Camilla isn't even Queen Consort, but a royal duchess and a lesser title will not protect her from the onerous duties.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 03:10:17 pm »

Perhaps Camilla thought that by getting married at an older age/second wife, she'd get out of doing a lot of work? I don't think people can say much because she is 70 and most people her age are retired.

It's not as if Camilla has a 35 hour a week job. 70 is not that old in this day and age with people living longer.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 06:30:25 pm »

Duchess of Cornwall refuses to travel to Australia with Prince Charles as part of a royal tour because the trip is too ‘gruelling’
But Clarence House has denied the decision is a snub to the Queen’s subjects in Australia because she will still fly out to the country’s Gold Coast to open April’s Commonwealth Games at Prince Charles’s side as part of a major charm offensive.
Indeed Camilla, who turned 70 last year, will travel more than 20,000 miles for just two-and-a-half days of official engagements before returning to London.
Buckingham Palace has in recent years been canvassing hard for Charles to inherit his mother’s title as head of the Commonwealth.
As London may be the last time the elderly monarch will attend the biannual gathering of its 52 members, it is anticipated the meeting will be used as an opportunity to ratify the prince as her successor.
Which is why courtiers believe that it is vital for Charles and Camilla, as his consort, to put on a united front Down Under.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5438471/Duchess-Cornwall-wont-travel-Australia-husband.html#ixzz58HQJymVJ
 eating cookies
camilla may be a good wife material to charles but not meant to be princess of wales... she knew very well what she was getting into when she married charles. she and andrew p-b even used to accompany charles in tours... camilla herself when divorced accompanied charles on tours... her little trip is a waste of money
sandy
Princess

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2018, 07:29:51 pm »

She used to meet up with Charles on rendezvous after he was on a royal tour (while still married to Diana). They were caught by photographers "vacationing." I think she liked the sneaking around part but does not like the work or responsibility. I don't think she's good wife material for Charles, she was the worst, selfish and ambitious . She just lucked out IMO after Charles bumbling when he publicly admitted adultery. She even had extensive training for 9 years  beginning after Charles' divorce from Diana.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 01:49:22 pm »

she being good wife to charles (i'm talking about the man - his personality) and good wife to a royal are different things
sandy
Princess

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 01:02:06 am »

I personally think she was no good for him as wife to a royal or wife to the man. She had a bad influence and she knew how to manipulate him. She is a self serving woman. Had she been a loving woman she would have backed off and not interfered in his marriage to Diana. Diana wanted to be a good wife to Charles but Camilla would not allow it. She undermined Diana every step of the way. A loving woman would have shown compassion and had not been self serving. She showed her true colors when she gave "her story" to Junor making herself look like Mother Teresa and bashing Diana. She is not IMO a nice person and Charles would have been much better off if he had not met her. Charles is no saint but she brought out his most unattractive features. It is also telling that the "good wife" spends a lot of time in a separate household from Prince Charles. I think Charles "non-negotiable" is Fawcett not Camilla.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 02:33:03 am »

Despite his low personality, Charles should be the Head of the Commonwealth, not Harry; this would be ideal for Charles as future King and certainly Charles has done more for charity and has more travel and meetings than Harry has. Harry can't event stay away from alcohol for one year.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 02:48:07 am »

Who said Harry is going to be Head of the Commonwealth? As far as I know, nobody has officially or unofficially suggested that. There is going to be a meeting at CHOGM in April that will discuss the eventuality of Charles becoming Head after the Queen passes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2018, 02:50:02 am »

I thought Harry had landed a commonwealth position.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2018, 03:04:39 am »

Yes, he's Youth Ambassador for the Commonwealth. It was announced a little while ago. That means he will be interacting with younger people throughout the Commonwealth on endeavours like conservation, education especially scholarships which are a big part of Commonwealth programmes, the Young Leaders of the Commonwealth programme which promotes leadership in all kinds of areas. That's why he will be taking part in some of the things at CHOGM such as youth forums. In future years he will probably be travelling a great deal within the Commonwealth.

That's entirely different to the position the Queen occupies as Commonwealth Head, which is a mainly symbolic role, though the Queen plays an active diplomatic role at CHOGM conferences. That the position Charles will be occupying after the Queen's death probably.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2018, 03:20:19 am »

I see now; either way, I am theorizing that something big is going down.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2018, 11:20:30 am »

I personally think she was no good for him as wife to a royal or wife to the man. She had a bad influence and she knew how to manipulate him. She is a self serving woman. Had she been a loving woman she would have backed off and not interfered in his marriage to Diana. Diana wanted to be a good wife to Charles but Camilla would not allow it.
maybe charles also is manipulative (i've no doubt about that) as he didnt back out to allow Andrew P-B and Lord Tryon to be loving husbands... oops those women knew exactly what they were doing with charles and wanted nothing to do with their husbands.... exactly like charles, he wanted nothing to do with diana - just a heir and spare -, himself had no interest that diana was a loving wife to him. He just married her because the woman he loved (according to himself and diana - ie. panorama interview) said diana will be a convenient mouse to them.

She undermined Diana every step of the way. A loving woman would have shown compassion and had not been self serving. She showed her true colors when she gave "her story" to Junor making herself look like Mother Teresa and bashing Diana. She is not IMO a nice person and Charles would have been much better off if he had not met her. Charles is no saint but she brought out his most unattractive features. It is also telling that the "good wife" spends a lot of time in a separate household from Prince Charles. I think Charles "non-negotiable" is Fawcett not Camilla.
i dont know what any of it has to do with the fact camilla is better suited to charles as wife/partner and that diana yes was good as wife to a royal but not to charles as a man. Charles and Diana just got married because they'd no clue whom they were marrying...  

I thought Harry had landed a commonwealth position.
is that a political move of the queen? if charles isnt wanted as the head, the queen should get over that
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:28:07 am by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2018, 10:08:25 pm »

I think Charles and DIana could have made a go of it, it would have taken work but I think they could have, if Camilla was not there butting in. I think Charles and Camilla were suited because both in essence looked out for Number One and were both self centered IMO. I don't see Camilla as compassionate and never will. They do live in separate residences much of the time which speaks volumes. I think Charles loves himself and always has. If he loved Camilla he would have married her way back when. He went back to sowing wild oats and had a lot of women (including Kanga and Janet). He wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

Diana thought Charles loved her when they married. Camilla was better at manipulation and Diana never had a chance.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2018, 11:07:29 pm »

Camilla 'won' Charles because Camilla was a mother to Charles, or the vamp, or the friend who understood everything about him. Diana couldn't be all things to Charles and couldn't just switch from one to the other. No healthy woman can and Diana was just trying to grow up normally in an abnormal situation.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2018, 11:23:35 pm »

She was like the nanny who guided him even advising/allowing him to marry Diana so he could have his heirs. She had no intention of leaving the scene.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: