Royal Gossip
October 23, 2018, 01:57:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Academy Film Awards ceremony February 18th  (Read 2288 times)
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 07:33:58 pm »

I, for one, am proud of Kate for not jumping on the black dress wagon.  Many of these actresses kept the code of silence, went along with, happily participated in if it got them a part -- this whole sick Hollywood situation.  They didn't have to be in show biz.   They could have gone to dental school or worked in McDonald's.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 05:24:21 am »

Keeping the code of silence or sleeping their way to the top, sometimes with married men, inflating the egos and the sense of entitlement of the predators who would attack women (or teenage boys, depending on the situation) who said no. I am glad this is finally being talked about, this has been going on since at least the 1970s, but everyone is going to need to work together and do their part if it's ever going to end.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2018, 01:23:55 pm »

One thing I find weird about them though, is that they never even remotely touch when they are together, except when Bill shoves Kate in his usual style. I don't need to see them holding hands with PDA (keep that to yourself! esp the childish display à la Meg), but they never even do the "linked arms together" bit, that is so natural for couples esp in crowded situations like here. Sth the Swedes always do. As an example, this is what I mean
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/03/princess-victoria-and-prince-daniel-of-sweden-welcome-son-oscar-social.jpg

They always look like free agents/ acquaintances who are at the same function and bumped into each other.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 09:06:57 pm »

"And she felt that by tying a black sash around her dark green Jenny Packham and adorning herself in emerald jewels (one of the hues of the British suffragette movement), she could give “a nod” toward where she stood, a Kate insider reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly, “without making a full-blown statement.”"

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/how-meghan-markle-has-helped-kate-during-her-difficult-pregnancy/

Thanks to Fly for posting this article in the other thread.

If this is true, then her dress choice was even better than I thought at first. Very well done! Can't help but think that Quinn deserves credit for this thumbsup
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2018, 05:56:51 pm »

Green is only a suffragette colour if it's paired with white/purple. Why couldn't she have gone with a violet gown and green jewels if she actually wanted to make a suffragette related statement?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: