Royal Gossip
August 18, 2018, 05:30:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Academy Film Awards ceremony February 18th  (Read 2110 times)
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 03:23:44 am »

She does look good.  I think she is finally finding more confidence. Just a pleasant shock to see a bit of weight on her, takes 8 years off! 
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 10:40:18 am »

I'm surprised she didn't wear black, not to be political, not even in solidarity with Times Up, but because of the death,
and funeral tomorrow of Prince Hendrik of Denmark.  Consort of Queen Margrethe of Denmark.  Usually the RF would
at least give a nod towards a closely related RF,  even though Hendrik was an in-law.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 03:12:53 pm »

If you watch the short video clips you can clearly see the pictures are VERY HEAVILY photo shopped to make KM look bigger than she is and the airbrushing is past the point of being absolutely ridiculous! Her skin does not look like that! This is just another Conjob. See MO board. If she is behind this latest show I now wonder about Ms Quinn's integrity. Tsk, Tsk!  thumbsdown  It seems she may be no different than the rest of the scammers who want to lie to your face and work for PH et PW.

PS Do watch the belly as she sits down.  tehe On the dress. I love it. Very 1930s which is a throwback to he classical era, etc. I make my own clothes and I wear this style. I like it with a cape, possibly gloves  (depend on fabric), and arm bracelets/jewelled head pieces. Just think of mixing in ME Arabic style head pieces and makeup. I love it and fortunately I have the exotic looks for it. And then making a night of it at the opera or the ballet! Okay, sorry for getting personal here I just wanted you all to think of the beauty and potential of his style dress and what it will inspire in honest people who actually dress this way.  It's  a common style, very comfortable to wear but it is one which a person must make their own with their own uniqueness not copycat another person. So fail in my book. And this dress isn't worn with hookker hills. Please tell me she didn't.   Shocked
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:17:05 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 04:22:46 pm »

I have to admit, I love what she did with the earrings and the necklace went perfect with the studs she created. They were pretty as dangly ones, but so much more elegant as studs with the necklace. I wonder who gave her the pieces.

The only constant is change.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 05:13:20 pm »

^the queen
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 06:29:14 pm »

Probably anarab country for her wedding.

I think she did good not choosing black but a mute colour. She was only on the cover of the daily mail.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
marion
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 07:43:30 pm »

Her dress looks see-through here or is it just the lighting ?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWVsX5pXUAc9uPU.jpg
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 08:22:16 pm »

I just think the eye makeup was a bit of a disaster, but overall well done Kate! One of her best looks, hands-down, and I think that's mostly because of the weight gain, though as I said the dress was very well chosen and beautiful, too. Nice to see her surprising me (and many others here it seems) positively easter-egg-basket

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/20/495AFE9900000578-5406373-image-a-60_1518984160431.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/19/495AEFD700000578-5406373-image-m-54_1518983988195.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/19/495B08ED00000578-5406373-image-a-33_1518983557800.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/19/495AC62700000578-5406373-image-a-45_1518982853871.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/19/495AC3E500000578-5406373-image-a-26_1518980984371.jpg

Bill wearing the same loafers he wore to the Swedish dinner at the diplomat's house

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/18/19/495AC73800000578-5406373-image-a-48_1518982901159.jpg

Bill wore his glasses once he was inside
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 10:38:00 pm »

It makes me so angry that Kate will happily wear black to red carpet events, and when it actually matters and she has a chance to stand in solidarity with abused and harassed women she wears green. She is an appalling role model for women. She paraded half naked on a catwalk, spent years chasing William, and now she's snagged him she is nothing more than a lazy mannequin who likes showing up at galas. I'm not even going to congratulate her on the nice dress because for heaven's sake she's been a royal for 7 YEARS, she is still barely doing any work, and she should not be congratulated for wearing a pretty gown and some jewels.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »

This wouldn't have been a violation of protocol and I am certain that the palace would not have minded. She's broken bigger rules and traditions (shirking the Irish Guard) and so really, this would have been some positive PR. She's worn black and certainly she has gall to suddenly go all moral about royal tradition.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 10:58:09 pm »

She cannot make a political statement. The dull colour was ok.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 11:01:00 pm »

I wouldn't say it's political really; just a simple gesture would have made all the difference.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 11:42:56 pm »

Imo it would have definitely been a political statement, because this whole thing has spiralled into sth I don't think anyone saw coming. Weinstein, then other Hollywood people, Testino, Demarchelier, politicians (incl resigning posts over it all), charities (Oxfam, the one Meg's involved with too), and the uncovering of "The President's Club" and its shenaningans in London ( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/presidents-club-furore-shows-overheated-sex-have-become/ ).. And it seems to gain greater traction. It's definitely become political.

Kate and Will don't give a rat's a*s about protocol, that much we all know.

I do think though that Quinn is doing a good job and that seriously Kate has cleaned somewhat up and bettered her act since Quinn's on board and I bet the BAFTA outfit had Quinn's blessing. I do believe that the woman is doing what she can and a good job of it so far. It must take her all her strength to steer the Cambs into the right direction, we all know it's a near impossible task. And the Cambs only listen when they want to, too, which should be kept in mind.

Besides, what role model is Kate for any woman's movement, really? A woman who lived on the beck and call of her boyfriend for nearly a decade, took his abuse and was pushed by her mother to stay with him in spite of his nastiness towards her daughter and him cheating on her. Kate stood up once for herself, dumping Will for his cheating and was made by mummy to take him back, and it's been downhill and a sad downward spiral for her ever since. I bet she has no self esteem thanks to mummy dearest and Billy the Basher. On top of that she was called "the mattress", which is more than telling.
Kate, a role model for a woman's movement? Nope, sorry. It's as believable as all the 25-35 year olds in anti ageing commercials, demonstrating the wondrous effects of moisturizers aimed at 50+ year old women.

And all these women in black, I don't know. I know that many of them were in impossible situations and complied and that many tried to fight back and had no one on their side, not the industry, no support and not even the law or police (we've all read the articles, police helped sweep it all under the ug). So I do believe that some of them do fight genuinely back in spite of their past, but I also think that many of them don't give a sh*t and do it for positive publicity for themselves and to be "on trend", which makes this all feel very hypocritical.

I read a comment on the dm asking why Leighton Meester's career hasn't taken off like Blake Lively's, as Meester was more popular and the better actress on their breakout series Gossip Girl, sadly I don't have an account on the dm to answer, but why? Because Lively played the Hollywood game, she has a well known reputation and one of her nicknames is "Harvey's Girl". Leighton loves her music and acting, but she's no publicity/ media hog, very private and I guess went about it the "right" way, I have never heard that she has a certain / bad reputation like Blake does. Blake also cheats on and with other women's husbands. Combined with this I can't take Blake serious with her support for the cause, the cheating speaks volumes about her character. Same with Jen Lawrence, another "Harvey's Girl", and I just can't take her wearing black and calling for change seriously. I admit I've always disliked Lawrence, I find her fake, and her "humility" and persona off putting.

And it's good that Kate doesn't get caught up in this. The Cambs get into their own messes by their own fault, good to stay away from this huge mess where I think no one can see neither head nor tail anymore; and everyone is as dirty as the next one with too much shyte on all their hands.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 11:51:20 pm »

^I would have to agree with you. It would have been seen as political and I’m willing to bet that she was advised to steer clear of this one. The occasions when MEghan has worn all black have already garnered comments about her making a political statement regarding this movement. It’s all good for the noob to take that heat but not the future queen whom they are desperately trying to rehab.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2018, 11:55:47 pm »

I think at this point rehabbing Kate is going to be very difficult. The superficial DM audience might be fooled, but the rest of the world, the power players are not going to end up being so forgiving. As it is Kate started out in the red with them, but stupidly Kate didn't think that she would need to work at building alliances. A black dress really won't hurt her any more than she's already ruined herself. Really, shying away won't win her respect. She's blaming the palace yet again.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 07:54:06 am »

^^ flower thankyou

^ Yeah, you definitely have good points there, you're quite right, too.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 09:25:03 am »

Strange  how, looking at her front view, the the boob on the left shows nothing at all, and thr frock is flat, yet the right boob is showing and you can see how the fabric curves on to it.  All seems a bit odd to me.  Personally I don´t like the colour, and I think the emerals do not match with it, all dull as dishwater, just like her.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWVsX5pXUAc9uPU.jpg
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 05:17:17 pm »

It's no more 'political' than intervening in mental health in schools and saying that children need more support. Saying 'sexual harassment is not OK' should not be something a royal is forbidden to do!!!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 05:24:32 pm »

Camilla did cleansing kits for violent physical attack victims.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2018, 05:50:25 pm »

^that’s true. I can only think that Camilla would be able to discuss the issue she backed up whereas with Waity it’d be an issue as she’s very lightweight. I think the black tie around her waist is ok and showed somewhat support for the cause.
I agree that it’s way too late to rehab her since she’s really done nothing of note as the wife of the heir apparent that distinguished her from commoner Kate Middleton/Waity. I was a bit hopeful and began calling her Kate when she was seen out and about with something to do, but she still comes off uninterested unless it’s fun events like the BAFTAS and the fashion event.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: