Royal Gossip
December 11, 2018, 12:56:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2018  (Read 3995 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2018, 12:27:53 am »

^ That's true, but imo people would be more favourable to Chuck and less likely to push him off the throne (abdication or republic) if Liz were to abdicate and signal her full support to Chuck, like Beatrix & Willem-Alexander did. Also Liz would still be around, physically, and people would continue to put on a good face for her. Of course there are no guarantees, Chuck has messed up way way too much and could be that once he steps on the throne, whichever way, that he'll get a revolt. easter-think

I've always said Chuck did a good job in his role and has earned respect for that (which most people don't know about and don't care), but his private life eclipses any good (professional) deed and Bower's book tbh also diminished the professional respect he had from me greatly. Chuck is just too much and too messed up to tolerate. Shocking man. He might to a good job as king, who knows, but his character & behaviour are unbearable.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2018, 04:09:44 pm »

thumbsup
sandy
Princess

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2018, 05:03:38 pm »

^ That's true, but imo people would be more favourable to Chuck and less likely to push him off the throne (abdication or republic) if Liz were to abdicate and signal her full support to Chuck, like Beatrix & Willem-Alexander did. Also Liz would still be around, physically, and people would continue to put on a good face for her. Of course there are no guarantees, Chuck has messed up way way too much and could be that once he steps on the throne, whichever way, that he'll get a revolt. easter-think

I've always said Chuck did a good job in his role and has earned respect for that (which most people don't know about and don't care), but his private life eclipses any good (professional) deed and Bower's book tbh also diminished the professional respect he had from me greatly. Chuck is just too much and too messed up to tolerate. Shocking man. He might to a good job as king, who knows, but his character & behaviour are unbearable.

His court will probably be like the Sun King's Louis IV's at Versaille. Charles is related to him via the Stuart line. And I can imagine the perks Charles lackeys will get during his reign, like Fawcett for instance.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2018, 02:21:50 pm »

New List of the engagements and events planned for CHOGM week in which the Queen and other members of the BRF will take part, including the grand dinner at BP.

https://www.facebook.com/majestymagazine/posts/1939746302724697
duchesschicana
courtier

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2018, 03:19:41 am »

The york princess will attend the CHOGM banquet their firts tiara even I hope if true they will be loaned tiaras
T
he real question is do you think the York Princesses have the Royal Family Orders? Traditonally the Queen gives them to working royal woman of the family, however, its usually up the monarch of that era wether  some get them or not, in the past even children of TRBF have recieved them.  We don’t know they actually have RFO because they never attended events like these for all we know they could have one.  Hey, a gal can dream. I always thought that Beatrice would look good in the emralds nudge, nudge, * wink.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2018, 03:39:45 am »

No, I don't think the Yorkies have the Family Order. If either of them had received it at any time you can be sure that Fergie blabbermouth would have let that slip in conversation with others or in Tweets. She's very proud of her daughters and wouldn't have been able to keep quiet. The Queen is very sparing with the Family Order, unlike her father and grandfather, and tempting and lovely though it would be to have that on the York princesses chests when we know Waitey doesn't have one, don't think it has happened. Incidentally, I'm not sure that they will have tiaras for the CHOGM dinner.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2018, 05:14:56 am »

The Queen has given her RFO to royal woman she thinks deserves at the appropriate time e.g. Princess Alexandra was only 15 in 1952 when she was given it. The Princess Royal was given it while still a teenager and before starting 'full-time' royal duties in 1969 (she turned 20 in 1970).

I can see the Queen giving it to her royal granddaughters before her granddaughters-in-law. We won't know if they were given it any earlier than this event but if they don't have it then then they may never get it, which would be sad for them not to have their grandmother's order. It would also, I suspect, lead to them never getting any such order due to Charles and William not wanting to be doing anything for the Firm (scared they may outdo Kate in the work department I suspect)
duchesschicana
courtier

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2018, 05:44:20 pm »

VIA KP On Wednesday 18th April, Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will attend a reception with delegates from the Commonwealth Youth Forum at the QEII.

On Thursday 19th April, The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the CHOGM Formal Opening and CHOGM State Dinner at Buckingham Palace. Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will also attend a CHOGM Women's Empowerment reception at the Royal Aeronautical Society.

I think these are good events for her to go to
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2018, 06:44:06 pm »

KensingtonPalace

The Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will undertake the following engagements during #CHOGM2018 @Commonwealth18:

On Monday 16th April, Prince Harry will open the Commonwealth Youth Forum and take part in a roundtable discussion with youth representatives. Later in the day, The Duke of Cambridge will open the Welcome to the UK reception with a speech. Both events will take place at the QEII.

On Tuesday 17th April, The Duke of Cambridge will attend a joint session of the Commonwealth Business and Youth Forums at the QEII.

On Wednesday 18th April, Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will attend a reception with delegates from the Commonwealth Youth Forum at the QEII.

On Thursday 19th April, The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the CHOGM Formal Opening and CHOGM State Dinner at Buckingham Palace. Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will also attend a CHOGM Women's Empowerment reception at the Royal Aeronautical Society.

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2018, 02:01:42 pm »

A decision is expected on Friday as to whether Charles will succeed his mother as the Head of the Commonwealth. The CHOGM leaders will go into retreat on that day at the castle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/985861888058765312

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2018, 04:29:25 pm »

The Queen discusses the Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiuR5EI6UY

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2018, 09:06:29 pm »

Princess Beatrice took part in an event for the Commonwealth Business Forum today.

https://www.rcs-ottawa.ca/single-post/2018/04/16/Princess-Beatrice-took-part-in-an-event-for-the-Commonwealth-Business-Forum-today

https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/16/princess-beatrice-at-code-first-girls/

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2018, 11:31:34 pm »

Kate Middleton catches fish with her bare hands in incredible video from Queen documentary

KATE MIDDLETON has appeared on the Queen’s ITV programme with David Attenborough tonight. Kensington Palace tweeted a picture of the Duchess of Cambridge wearing a Lara Croft-inspired looked. The Duchess of Cambridge was seen catching a fish with her bare hands.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/946986/attenborough-queen-elizabeth-programme-queens-green-planet-kate-middleton-prince-william

Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2018, 01:59:02 am »

Let's see her walk on water now.

I haven't played since I stopped
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2018, 02:31:55 am »

A speech delivered by The Duke of Cambridge at the Commonwealth Welcome Reception, Queen Elizabeth II Centre
https://www.royal.uk/speech-delivered-duke-cambridge-commonwealth-welcome-reception-queen-elizabeth-ii-centre

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2018, 02:44:28 am »

Let's see her walk on water now.

You mean she doesn't already?! OMG my dreams are shattered. Tongue
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2018, 02:51:52 am »

^You took the words right out of my mouth!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2018, 09:05:24 pm »

Prince William receives warm welcome at Commonwealth reception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKjVdRqsqd0

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2018, 06:07:17 pm »

Im guilty too but can we keep thr discussion on this thread?

Eugenie and Meghan looked awful today. I wonder what they were thinking.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2018, 06:44:45 pm »

^Oops, I forgot about posting here instead. Yes, they looked awful. I couldn't read the sugary comments on Meghan's Mirror, one commentor said: "Well, I don’t think the House of Windsor has ever had so much glamour arrive on its doorstep" Seriously?!  blink

I fear for tomorrow's reception.  Embarrassed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: