Royal Gossip
November 17, 2018, 03:21:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2018  (Read 3735 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:09 pm »

Look at the shine on that floor, and those floors are not made to accommodate stilleto heels

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/22/11/4A6F4A2B00000578-5531241-image-a-109_1521719623150.jpg

Stilletto heels

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/22/11/4A6F1E8C00000578-5531241-image-a-89_1521718587802.jpg

Full article  -  worth looking at it slowly and thoroughly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5531241/Pregnant-Kate-wears-skinny-jeans-ahead-maternity-leave.html
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2018, 05:17:41 pm »

thankyou ...........  Shocked

Loved your post Iin the MO section. Spot on as usual. thumbsup 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:19:47 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:48 pm »

Skinny jeans, heels, and a non maternity top. Wow. They must think we're all mugs.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2018, 06:26:07 pm »

^Crafty Quinny needs to go the way of Juggers... the less we see and hear from/of you the better.... thumbsdown

Barnabe et Kitty...
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 06:34:26 pm »

I find it amazing how she wears the killer heels on a shiny sports hall floor and practically bends in half  easter-lol easter-lol.  

She is truly amazing.  laugh
marion
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2018, 06:36:05 pm »

I find it quite amazing that anyone at the end of their pregnancy would be wearing skinny jeans of any sort.

They wouldn't India
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:25 am »

Just wow on K's outfit today. A non-pregnant woman would have trouble peeling herself out of those, why would a pregnant woman then put these on? And seriously so far in, 3rd pregnancy, and are these really non-maternity clothes all? Kate is definitely not naturally of skinny build, her uni day pics prove that, and like daft Vic Beckham the equally daft K must be starving herself, even in pregnancy? Again, 3rd pregnancy and fitting into this? When even studies now say that a 3rd pregnancy definitely blows your body to shyte even if the previous two haven't. I don't get it. At all.
Just frikkin wow. sly
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2018, 03:45:33 am »

Court flooring like that is very expensive and requires high maintenance.  Spiked shoes like that can and do cause damage.  Foolish all the way around.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2018, 07:56:11 am »

I actually like her outfit. She doesn't look very prego in it, though.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2018, 01:08:26 am »

I don't know if this is the proper thread so mods feel free to move if necessary.

I just skimmed an article which said QEII is "giving away her powers" and that PC is expected to be king. I always believed the Queen when she said she would never abdicate and would in fact be queen for life. Does anyone know if there has been an official comment from Buck House? Is it just more of the same old nonsense articles? Thanks. I am immensely disappointed in Her Majesty but I do hope she is well and will remain on her throne nonetheless.  flower

Barnabe et Kitty...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2018, 04:10:41 am »

Never happening, of that I am sure; HM would never break her coronation oath via that speech she made when she turned 21.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2018, 04:19:12 am »

Do you have a link to the article?

I would imagine if there was any such decision the announcement would be headline news in every news outlet. I have seen nothing to suggest anything more than the Queen handing over some more of her responsibilities to Charles but keeping most of the monarch's responsibilities with herself. Some of the more tiring duties have been being handed over for the past two decades or so.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2018, 04:51:22 am »

If the Queen intended to abdicate the BBC and every other news outlet in the English speaking world would have already broadcast that news. She won't, IMO.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2018, 05:19:22 am »

So it seems HM is only handing over some of her duties. That's good. I hope she doesn't abdicate. Nope. Thanks, all for the info. thankyou

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2018, 04:16:35 pm »

Sorry about the double post but I fell asleep late last night without posting this link  sorry

Do you have a link to the article?

I would imagine if there was any such decision the announcement would be headline news in every news outlet. I have seen nothing to suggest anything more than the Queen handing over some more of her responsibilities to Charles but keeping most of the monarch's responsibilities with herself. Some of the more tiring duties have been being handed over for the past two decades or so.

Here is the link I simply skimmed. I suppose I should have read it first!  tehe good to know she isn't abdicating.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-queen-is-handing-her-powers-away-is-king-charles-ready

There are always articles claiming HM will abdicate but quite a lot since last December 2017 claiming she will ask for the Regency Act (I admit I know precious little about it) for PC to become king in all but name. Royal reporter Robert Jobson is making the rounds now with the King Charles Regency thingy. I never liked Jobson. He seems a smarmy hanger-on and not a very truthful one at that. Yuck.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4785166/Is-Queen-preparing-abdicate.html

Barnabe et Kitty...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2018, 08:01:28 pm »

If I were HM, I would be fed up with how Charles is ALWAYS hankering after that crown and always demanding more and more and more out of her.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2018, 08:05:50 pm »

Liz is not going to abdicate, Charles wil definitely be king only once she dies. An abdication would I think be the shock of the century.
Anyway, there's been talk for a while that Chuck is handling more and more duties and Liz is giving lots of stuff over to him. Handling of estates (in the country), (limited!) state affairs, planning family stuff and also prepping for his time: e.g. the "slimmed down monarchy", which can be seem at balcony appearances.

So, Liz (& Phil!) is handing over some stuff to Chuck, but an abdication is out of the question.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2018, 10:44:43 pm »

Exactly. The monarchy is in a state of transition from HM to Charles and they are both aware of what is happening and how. This is not Charles demanding more and more but a joint decision by them of what he could be doing to ease her workload and what she can't or won't give up.

There will only be a Regency if she is incapable of carrying out her duties - the constitutional ones. She doesn't have to appear in public to do those.

There are some things, for instance, that are already either having to change or won't be happening for the foreseeable future - outgoing State Visits for instance. The Queen won't travel, except maybe to a very close European country - so no more outgoing State Visits during her reign but for many countries that also means they won't do an incoming State Visit either so ... either they have to allow Charles to formally undertake official State Visits of Britain doesn't do any for the next decade or so (and by then Charles will be nearing 80 and the situation could very well be that he can't do them anyway and so Britain stops doing State Visits ... and the tiara watchers will go crazy as that is the only time the royals seem to wear them ...) Other countries allow a representative to both undertake and receive State visits e.g. the GG of Australia so maybe that is an area where Charles can take over - the outgoing State Visit, while the Queen continues to host incoming ones.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2018, 11:35:46 pm »

^ That too. One more sign of Liz stepping back so to say, which I just remembered, is that she is now spending more time in Windsor than in London. That's changed fairly recently, some months ago. She's now for 3 days in London and the other 4 (Friday - Monday I think, definitely Saturdays & Sundays) in Windsor.

All the problems with older age that also make Liz step back, make Charles step back too (some in due time). That's the downside when you have kind of one age group only at the top...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2018, 12:09:54 am »

In the back of Charles' mind, he may think about the drawback to the Queen abdicating. It would lead to a push for HIM to abdicate for Will when he gets on the throne. Once the Queen sets this pattern up, he would be more vulnerable to being "pushed" to abdicate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: