Royal Gossip
October 19, 2018, 09:14:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting 2018  (Read 3221 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2018, 01:57:26 pm »

No it's not really shocking I was being sarcastic with that  . I already knew they was going vote yes for Charles .so that vote was like a big duh
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:00:29 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2018, 04:50:19 pm »

The Queen's "persuasive speech" to accept Charles was something I found cringeworthy. There was no question that he would get it IMO. I wonder if he will continue to whine about his "bad upbringing," after the Queen practically begged, Probably.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2018, 06:32:41 pm »

she's not doing that for her son but for her heir and the unity of the monarchy
marion
Duchess

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »

Couldn't someone more tactful have been found for this role?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5638499/Prince-Charles-told-ethnic-minority-author-didnt-look-like-Manchester.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2018, 07:28:50 pm »

she's not doing that for her son but for her heir and the unity of the monarchy

Right but she appeared to be almost pleading. Which I found odd.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2018, 05:43:02 am »

^I found it odd too, Sandy. I also found it a tad inappropriate to even mention it in her speech.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
marion
Duchess

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2018, 07:00:11 am »

Perhaps it was a deliberate ploy to force their hand into picking Charles..
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2018, 07:40:05 am »

^I found it odd too, Sandy. I also found it a tad inappropriate to even mention it in her speech.

Odd but approved by at least the British government as the only speech she ever gives that isn't approved it the Christmas Address.

I suspect it was an attempt by Britain to keep the image of the 'British' Commonwealth alive even though the term 'British' was removed years ago. Her speech smacked of appealing to the Commonwealth to return to trading with Britain as we did before they chose the EEC over us but now, with Brexit, they won't back what they had. The sop was that she could then appeal to make Charles Head afterwards - but I notice they didn't go so far as to make in hereditary so William isn't guaranteed this position. Therefore in 20 or so years no doubt Charles will have to make the same appeal on behalf of his son.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: