Royal Gossip
April 22, 2018, 12:14:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen's Pets  (Read 5716 times)
lilariel
gossip insider

The Gloucesters-The Duke and Prince William

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 09:29:40 am »

Ahh blessings to Her Majesty as she loses one of her long time corgi kids-losing a pet that has been a family member for so long is always hard for anyone.  bye sorry bye
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 09:59:02 pm »

CRIPES!

These dogs eat better than most people!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sassafras
Countess

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 01:54:29 am »

This article is the most humorous eulogy of a pet I've heard. I pulled a few of the funniest lines, but definitely worth reading in its entirety.

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, lower the royal standard to just half-way. Which might sound a slightly melodramatic response to the death of a 12in tall dog with huge flappy ears, stumpy legs, a penchant for biting ankles and a bohemian attitude to personal hygiene. But Monty the corgi was not just any dog.

His death at Balmoral over the weekend has thrown Her Majesty into extreme mourning and the Royal Household into, well, if not mourning, then at least a respectful (if highly relieved) silence.

Poor old Monty. Never again will he loll about in the Queen’s private sitting room, gorging himself on fillet steak, buttered scones and occasional chambermaids.[/b]

Gone are the endless holidays in Sandringham and Balmoral, the helicopter rides and limousine drives and the daily vandalising of the royal flowerbeds and lawns.

As one footman said: ‘They’re yappy, snappy and we bloody well *despise* them — because for some reason the Queen will not allow them to be fully house-trained.’

But perhaps only from Her Majesty. As Brian Hoey puts it: ‘The Queen will be very, very, sad. But other members of the Royal Household will probably be able to contain their grief.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2201308/Why-Queen-loves-corgis--rest-Palace-hates-them.html#ixzz26DEPhKA4

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »

I don't think she necessarily cares more about the dogs. At this point HM is a very old woman who clearly loves her dear companions very much, as they are with her constantly. She's had corgis every since she was a little girl. I know other older women also tend to be better with their dogs after not doing well with their children, they see it as a strange way of making up for it or even a second chance.
sassafras
Countess

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 12:49:21 am »

I also think the dogs are the only "normal" experience she's had. The dog's love her unconditionally & don't treat her different because she's the Queen. They don't even know she's the queen!
mrharrywales
Countess

Harryite #24

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 01:25:29 am »

I *despise* it when animals die...

I just can't help but feel that one day mine will pass away too and it breaks my heart!

Poor Queenie... she must be suffering a lot  sob sob sob sorry

Don't worry, be Harry
Keep calm and Harry on
What happens in Vegas, not always stays in Vegas
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 07:55:47 am »

I have lost a pet and it took me years to fully get over it.  I still miss my furbaby  hug

On a lighter note, look what an ardent royalist politician in an Australian state tried to do:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/mp-in-doghouse-over-royal-corgi-tribute/story-fn59niix-1226473369563

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 05:35:22 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238732/The-Queens-Corgi-graveyard-Tiny-headstones-Royal-pets-spent-years-loyal-companions-pictured-quiet-corner-Sandringham.html
The Queen is known to be inseparable from her beloved Corgis.

Now poignant pictures have emerged of the graves of royal pets from throughout the generations.

The little-known plot is hidden away in a quiet corner of the 20,000-acre Sandringham estate in Norfolk.

It was created by Queen Victoria after the death of her Collie, Noble, in 1887, and revived in 1959 when Elizabeth II wanted somewhere to bury her first Corgi, Susan.

They treat their animals better than their people or each other in that family.   blink

I guess the Corgi's can just be glad they weren't born a Fox or some other type of animal that they enjoy killing.
Now we know why her kids missed out on all the love and affection, as it was all lavished on the dogs. Pitty the queen wasn't this way with her children.

- mc, syd, 26/11/2012 19:57

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:37:16 am by Snokitty » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 06:01:57 am »

Now we know why her kids missed out on all the love and affection, as it was all lavished on the dogs. Pitty the queen wasn't this way with her children.

- mc, syd, 26/11/2012 19:57

A succinct observation; if she gave half as much positive attention to her kids as she has her dogs, surely she would end up with a healthier family.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 07:15:49 am »

One of the Queen's horses, it won the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot last year, has tested positive for doping. There were traces of morphine in the blood.
According to Jack Warren it is likely that the food was 'contaminated'...right. That is what a Tour de France cyclist would say when he is found to be doped up.

Any bets on how long it will be before Warren gets sacked (aka thrown under the bus)?
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 07:28:51 am »

horse had traces of morphine

Interesting as there was the whole fuss with Quatari princes - seems they were going to go in with the RF on horse - make an investment - but they got insulted and so it may be off - wondering ya know - if they were insulted -
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 09:51:54 am »

I find it very unlikely. I once watched a documentary on Dutch Olympic horses and in their stables everything was under lock and key. Their food was locked up and only one or two people could get by the food.
I would think that in any stable that has horses race or compete in any high-stake race and in a stable that belongs to such a highly public person like the Queen, the security measures would be as such that no outsider would be able to get to the food of these horses.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 01:10:53 am »

a total of 7 horses have tested positive for morphine and it seems the feed is the suspected culprit - the feed company has recalled all their alfalfa feed and they believe it could be poppy seeds in the feed.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/horse-racing/28446463http://
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 05:03:44 am »

It should be noted that these horses who have tested positive are from different stables, owners and trainers which points to something outside of those situations. If all the horses had come from one stable, all owned by the same person or all had the same trainer (some trainers have multiple stables under their control so they don't actually deal with each horse they train on  day to day basis) then the finger could be pointed at that area of control but with different stables, trainers and owners it is something more widespread and something from outside has to be responsible so the feed is a possibility.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »

The Queen is left heartbroken by the death of her last corgi: Devoted companion, Willow, who appeared in James Bond Olympics sketch, dies at the age of 14

The Queen has been left heartbroken after the death of her last Welsh corgi
    Willow, who was almost 15, was put to sleep at Windsor Castle on Sunday
    The dog had a cancer-related illness and the Queen did not want her pet to suffer
    Insiders say the Queen has been hit ‘extremely hard’ by the loss of Willow

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5627361/Queen-hit-extremely-hard-death-corgi-devoted-companion-Willow.html

No more corgis.
Feels like the end of an era to be honest and somehow quite big.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 11:08:20 pm »

RICHARD KAY: The touching rituals that reveal just how much the Queen loved her corgis...they're buried at her favourite homes, each with a headstone on which she leaves posies of flowers. Now it will be the same for Willow, the last of her doggy dynasty

The Queen has been left heartbroken after the death of her last Welsh corgi
    She is not just mourning Willow, but the end of an era that began in childhood
    The Queen was very hands-on with her pets, feeding the beloved dogs herself
    The dogs are buried at her favourite homes, each with a headstone 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5631639/The-torching-rituals-reveal-just-Queen-loved-corgis.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: