Royal Gossip
August 21, 2018, 07:16:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Diana’s Swan Lake Jewelry Suite Up for Sale  (Read 421 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: January 29, 2018, 03:49:11 am »

Princess Diana’s Swan Lake Jewelry Suite Up for Sale

Currently owned by a European family, the Swan Lake Suite famously owned by the late Diana, Princess of Wales is available for sale.

https://courtierconfidential.wordpress.com/2018/01/29/princess-dianas-swan-lake-jewelry-suite-up-for-sale/

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 09:42:39 am »

Beautiful, wish I could get my mitts on it. The price is stratopheric though, and only so because Di wore it & designed it actually as well.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 11:23:43 am »

Which European family owns the pieces/suite?  Her brother?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 03:09:31 pm »

^ This gives the entire provenance for the Swan Lake suite of jewels, which in fact Diana never owned. There have been several owners since then. Obviously the Ukranian couple who own the suite didn't get the price they wanted last year.

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017/02/on-block-dianas-swan-lake-suite.html
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:06:19 pm »

^Thanks.  Got it.  So, she only wore the necklace but never lived long enough to purchase the entire suite.  How sad.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 06:20:20 pm »

^ Yes, she kind of co-designed it and wanted to wear the already finished necklace and then paired it with fitting earrings, as the ones designed as part of the suite weren't finished yet. Then she died shortly after wearing the necklace and never purchased it, waiting for its completion. Garrard decided to finish the suite in spite of the commissioner's (& "co-designer's") death. And I just clicked on the link and see that it's all in the article  easter-egg-basket

The price is way overblown though. That the suite will go for quite a bit more than it's really worth because of the Diana link is to be expected, but for 12 mil you could have a whole suite (ring, bracelet, necklace, tiara, brooch, watch) made from scratch. They really have to drop a few mil if they want to sell it. The price as is now is way too ridiculous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: