Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 02:45:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle EndeavourFund Awards February 1st  (Read 2983 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 09:01:07 pm »

Perfectly suited! Why Meghan choose an understated tuxedo for her first black tie event - because she didn't want to 'steal thunder' from Kate as she wows in Norway
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5341605/Meghan-Markle-wears-tailored-suit-black-tie-event.html
 tehe
There’s a video on this blog. She was ignored and didn’t seem organized according to Felix.
https://felix2001a.tumblr.com
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:05:46 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 09:21:24 pm »

Well, now that headline is pure bs.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 09:35:20 pm »

Disappointing. I was hoping that she'll play the thrifty card and re-use the engagement dress but maybe it was a loaner after all... R&R has a wedding gown called duchess and I'm pretty sure she went with them for the dress.  

Another disappointing thing is - she reads on blogs that royals don't wear pants and boom she wears pants, she reads that the classy thing to do is wear pantyhose no matter the season and boom - she wears none. It's ... unoriginal and boring.

..at least the "feminist" Harry left her to carry her own umbrella - MM being all progressive and glass ceiling shattering and all that
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:39:45 pm by Ariel » Logged
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 10:00:46 pm »

I saw photos from this event last year and from what the women were wearing I expected a cocktail dress on Megs and not an evening gown as people had wished. But a pantsuit?! nervous

She has done some research, she knew to wear Alexander McQueen like Kate. All the designers to put on the map and they keep going to the same ole.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 10:25:11 pm »

So didnt she have to leave uk to ask for a visa??

I suspect that she already had the 'fiance' visa before they announced the engagement. She can also apply for that visa, and the spousal visa, in the UK if she is already there.
Val
Princess

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 11:07:42 pm »

Scathing comments on how she looked in her pant suit.  Someone even said that she looked like a scampering anorexic rat.   There is no doubt that the Monarchy will be almost finished when QE
no longer here.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 03:09:22 am »

For once, Meggles is not clinging to Harry's arm.  Perhaps we can thank the umbrella for that.

Also, not much eye contact between the two from the photos I've seen:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/02/01/19/48CD183D00000578-5341187-image-a-86_1517514271932.jpg

Same. All the pics I've seen he's also walking a bit ahead of her. He looks over it IMO.

I actually like the outfit but then I like pantsuits on most women. As long as it's fitted correctly, they're the same as on men in my book: hard to go wrong. Still, would've been nice for her to wear a nice dress to the event. Or at least a more jazzed up suit or something.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 04:24:40 am »

Walking in Diana's footsteps: A chic Meghan attends her first evening event at the same venue where Diana made her evening debut - a night that left shy Di scarred for years
Meghan too wore black last night with a version of a man’s tuxedo teamed with a crisp white shirt with a bow by Tuxe costing £285 and an Alexander McQueen suit priced at £1,245.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5342433/Meghan-attends-evening-event-Diana-venue.html#ixzz55vAXHB00
There's a video in the article where she's assisting a vet and something goes wrong. I'm not sure if she was rude to the vet as some say or she was nervous or just board being there.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 02:28:10 pm »

There was a little snafu during Meggles' presentation yesterday.   No big deal, really.  These things happen.   The reason I'm posting the link to the video is because of the HAIR!!   The constant touching, pushing back, etc.   Diana, thankfully, had beautifully styled short hair, Anne always wore hers in the chignon, Sarah had long hair, but I don't remember her hair taking over as Kate's and Meggles' does.   

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/959163431617290241
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »

She looks so much better than Kate.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 03:41:12 pm »

^She doesn't sound any better.

^^Thats not how you earn your Public Speaking Barbie Badge, Sparkles.  She had one line, just one, yet she still had to keep looking down, talked too softly/fast and with humped shoulders.  She's either the worst actress in the world or the best and has decided on helpless kitten as her persona.

Don't care for the suit for this event and am sick of the black and white color spectrum.  She looked like she stepped out of an Ann Taylor window display on her way to a job interview at an accounting firm.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 05:04:18 pm »

^^^ Haven't seen much of this event (didn't bother to), but the one thing I instantly noticed was the constant hair touching, with her left hand no less and still the "shy" demeanor.... thumbsdown
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 06:23:27 pm »

Each public event she goes on with Harry, the more incompatible and miserable they look. She’s lost weight and looks old and messy since the “engagement.” I’m sure she dreamt of attending posh parties and hanging out with the posh set at private clubs like Kitty Spencer and Beatrice did last night, but instead she’s going on events that deal with the regular ordinary commoner with real problems that needs to be helped. I hope that this does end soon. The situation’s just sad and pathetic now.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 06:49:04 pm »

^It all has become pathetic and desperate to me.  I struggle to build up any level of caring about anything that she does.  This event seemed heavily shielded vs her previous two gigs that cartwheeled all over the place so a level of containment has already been advised, I bet.  Those who dislike her whole performance, unfortunately, will spill over into her chosen causes.  And the BRF knows it; they’re not stupid so this more constrained event speaks volumes to me that there are concerns behind the curtain.

It won’t get any better, either, and I do wonder how this restrictive life will meld with Sparkles’ belief that she is the moral compass for the less enlightened.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 07:39:26 pm »

This is not someone that will stay quiet willingly.
Once she gets all she can get she will Bolt

The only constant is change.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 07:51:32 pm »

^Do you really believe she would leave the goodies and bolt after marriage?

Barnabe et Kitty...
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 08:05:19 pm »

I do. I think as soon as the first anniversary passes she will be on the first gulf stream offered along with enough money from the divorce to last her a dozen lifetimes as well as any jewels she can heist.
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 08:29:17 pm »

This event seemed heavily shielded vs her previous two gigs that cartwheeled all over the place so a level of containment has already been advised, I bet.

I did notice that Megs didn't look at the cameras, she was very subdued. Had the "Grey Men" descended on her behavior?  laugh
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 08:44:23 pm »

thumbsup I get what you are saying.

Barnabe et Kitty...
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2018, 11:28:37 pm »

I know this is not the astrology thread but she has in her chart and Independence that allows things. that has been her pattern. In this case she got the prize and she will milk it for what she can get before she bolts.

The only constant is change.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: