Royal Gossip
November 19, 2018, 02:20:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The anti-Meghan Petition  (Read 1360 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: January 23, 2018, 09:13:43 am »

This is where the famed anti-Meghan petition is:

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-prevent-meghan-markle-having-an-official-title-or-role-in-the-royal-family

I thought it would be something worth discussing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:22:57 am »

There isn't really much to discuss.

Even if they get the 100,000 signatures needed to force a debate in the Commons it would be shut down because the parliament can't debate the royal family so it would be a simply - tabling of the petition and then moving on.

They won't pass legislation to deny her the rights of every other woman in the land - to take the name and titles of her husband.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:33:03 am »

It still feels good and downright democratic.   easter-wink

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:58:51 am »

I think it would also enable laziness since the petition says Meghan should not work or represent the royal family. She would be "forced" not to work. And the royals need people who work not be prevented from doing so.  Then Meghan would be criticized for not working after a petition forces her not to? And it would also be cherrypicking since the royals have members of the family who were divorced and remarried. And the second spouse got all the titles of the husband.  
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:28:09 pm »

I signed it and donated $10.00. It felt great. She is taking him for a ride. But the petition can't get anywhere really. But who ever heard of a petition like this. That is a statement about her and a warning.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 03:31:17 pm »

I think some royals would like being told not to work.  But the "rub" would be losing the title and perks.

He could be taking her for a ride too.

But the thing that matters is what goes on after the vows. IMO.

An issue I have is that the petition does not penalize him. And he's part of the couple. It also sends a message that the woman is the problem not the man. IMO.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:33:23 pm by sandy » Logged
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 03:44:23 pm »

@ Sandy  you have a good point. The man is also the problem. My best friend didn't believe he would marry a person like MM because they are worlds apart and it would be too difficult for them to work things out. But she said that he is at that age where you marry who you are dating. She was wrong and right in the end. I always thought they would marry and get divorced. But I think it will be because of her. Harry would just stay and suffer like Charles Andrew and other men. The women get upset and leave in that family except for Henry viii. She will too. She leaves everything with no problem or guilt...towns, family, friends, jobs, husbands, boyfriends and don't forget the dogs. She won't leave money, except for more or better opportunity with money. If RF stifles her, she'll leave it and take a portion with her to do what she wants. That is who she is. Now I always wondered if Harry is stranger than we know or think and she puts up with some weird stuff. Many women won't but she will because selling herself is easy for her.

The only constant is change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: