Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 11:00:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eugenie and Meghan the wedding files  (Read 3834 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 03:30:21 pm »

An engagement ring is cherished. I don't get the mercenary articles about $$$$. Zara, title or no title, is the first blood descendant girl to marry not Eugenie. If Mark and Anne had decided to have titles for their children she would have had a title. The Queen offered, they did not accept. And Zara is the daughter of the Queen's only daughter and first granddaughter. That honor belongs to Zara IMO. I think Fergie will be a lot more evident during that wedding than her ex. Just my take on it.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 07:35:23 pm »

Why Eugenie’s wedding will probably be MORE star-studded than Prince Harry’s
Former Palace Press Secretary Dickie Arbiter said it'll be the first time Sarah Ferguson will have been in a formal gathering with the royal family for a long, long time
EXCLUSIVE

THE second royal wedding has been announced for 2018 – Princess Eugenie, 27, and her boyfriend of seven years Jack Brooksbank, 31.

But what can we expect from the big day and will it be overshadowed by Prince Harry tying the knot to Meghan Markle in May? This is what the Queen’s former aide Dickie Arbiter predicts…
Both of the weddings will be held this year at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, but will Eugenie’s be on a smaller scale?

Speaking to the Sun Online, Former Palace Press Secretary Dickie said a full royal turnout would be expected for both the Queen’s grandson Harry and her granddaughter Eugenie, but there could be a big difference in the guest list.

Dickie said: “Harry and Meghan will be very conscious that the guest list will be the people that they want.

“In the case of Harry being sixth in line for the throne and his father being heir to the throne, there might well be some people who they have to invite in terms of protocol.
“That sort of situation won’t fall on Eugenie because she is number nine in line for the throne so pretty low down the food chain."

“Is Harry a celebrity groupie? Not really. Is Eugenie a celebrity groupie? Well probably," Dickie added.

“She’s got a lot more celebrity friends than Harry has so the guest list would probably differ.”

And despite tying the knot at the same venue, Prince Harry’s day will most likely include some extra duties.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5402048/eugenies-wedding-celebrities-overshadowed-prince-harrys-day-queens-former-aide-dickie-arbiter-predicts/

Jack Brooksbank’s grandmother says he is not the ‘most intelligent’
PRINCESS Eugenie’s new fiance has been given a dressing down by his grandmother who said he was a “good egg” but not all that smart.
PRINCESS Eugenie has been praised by her fiance’s grandmother for agreeing to marry her “charming” grandson — but joked he is not the “most intelligent”.
The lighthearted comment by Jack Brooksbank’s grandmother comes as speculation mounts about a date for the couple’s wedding.
Joanna Newton, 91, told MailOnline: “I never thought he would get married to a royal. He’s a charming boy and all that but not the most intelligent and I would never have thought this would happen.”
The pensioner said her wine merchant grandson, 31, and his 27-year-old fiancee — who have said they will marry this autumn — had wanted to exchange vows in September but were now looking at October as their wedding month.
The couple announced their engagement yesterday with a pink sapphire ring in what will be the second of two royal wedding this year following Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/jack-brooksbanks-grandmother-says-he-is-not-the-most-intelligent/news-story/bf9d6419c62ac888c61f8154bb27a371

The patient princess! Eugenie was forced to delay her wedding to Jack Brooksbank due to a slew of royal engagements - including a high profile tour for Meghan and Harry

Princess Eugenie is having to push back her wedding to new fiancé Jack Brooksbank due to a slew of royal engagements, including a possible high-profile foreign tour for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

After seven years of dating, the couple are keen to walk down the aisle as soon as possible, and had indicated to the Queen and the Royal Family they would ideally like an ‘Indian Summer’ wedding at Windsor in September.

The monarch has very little in the way of public commitments that month, given that she will still be on her extended summer break at Balmoral, her Scottish residence.

But other royals plan their diaries more than six months ahead and already have commitments pencilled in.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5306119/Eugenie-forced-delay-wedding-Jack-Brooksbank.html#ixzz558Gn7ert
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
sandy
Princess

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 07:45:01 pm »

Do they want "star studded weddings?"

She only has to wait a few months, why is the DM making it seem like ten years?!  She and her fiance also need time to prepare.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 07:46:02 pm »

Of course MEghan will have a "tour" in August. She can't upstage Eug and now she'll make her change the month of her wedding to "suit" her. What a giant bloated ego!

And yes, engagement rings are not about the money spent or how much they cost. It's about how thoughtful they are. Jack had a nice, sincere story. Harry had the wallet out on a not so pretty ensemble. Out of the two, I'd take Eug's any time. In real life, I'll of course take a much smaller ring as unlike these two princesses - the real one and the pushy one, I do the dishes easter-egg-basket
sandy
Princess

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 08:13:11 pm »

If the two ladies love their rings, it's a win win situation.

I wonder why the two weddings are scheduled so (comparatively) close together. Eugenie's wedding won't be televised. I doubt either Meghan or Eugenie can carp on the dates of their wedding. They have limited control IMO and courtiers advise on the timing of the weddings. At least Harry did not give Meghan a hand me down ring like some royals have done, he designed one himself it was not all about $$$. They are both IMO "real women."
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 08:28:43 pm »

@Sandy. I forgot about Zara. Same year as Will in Scotland.  Difference is Princess Anne is much more humble or down to earth or practical than Andrew who is the only one other than Charles that has children that use the prince/princess title. I can't imagine he is not going to do this really write for his daughter. You know it hurts him that his blood princess daughters are not treated the same in his opinion as the women that marry into the family of Charles

The only constant is change.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2018, 09:00:56 pm »

The DM are speculating about a tour in August for Harry and Meghan. It's pure guesswork and an attempt to make some drama. We don't know what other royals have important engagements that can't be moved in September, that have been penciled in for twelve months or more.

However, I do know that the Queen (and Prince Philip) go up to Balmoral in August and in recent years the Queen at least remains there for most of September. She very very rarely leaves Balmoral at that time except for elections or dire national emergencies, and sometimes not even then. Eugenie and Jack know that, Eugenie has known it since childhood, so I doubt that they were planning a September wedding.

Both weddings have been, IMHO, planned already for dates when the Queen and PP are at Windsor, so as to make it easier for this very elderly couple, who will only need to move from Castle to Chapel and back again for the service, a negligible distance. The Queen holds Court at Windsor in May and she will be at Windsor again in the autumn. IMO that is one of the primary reasons for why these two weddings have been held at St George's (apart from security and expense.)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 10:38:02 pm »

"“Is Harry a celebrity groupie? Not really. Is Eugenie a celebrity groupie? Well probably," Dickie added."
Sorry Dickie, you got that one wrong. Harry is as much a "celebrity groupie" as his brother Will and s-i-l Kate and the Yorkie sisters are. Charles is too, he attends celebrity parties, it just isn't aired publicly that much and usually takes place at country residences. Dickie darling, they all are "celebrity groupies", some of them just hide it a tad better.
Remember when Bill & Waity added last minute a visit to Hollywood to hobnob with slebs during their 1st tour after the wedding? How fast we forget.. sigh

On cost of the rings. It really is irrelevant and the most important is that bride & groom are happy and don't bankrupt themselves. What bothers me is that I've thought and still think that the first estimate of Eug's ring being "only" 7000 is wrong (generally though I think that 7000 isn't peanuts to pay for a ring, so I'm not belittling or whatever the sum). And M's ring is only so highly priced because of the Diana connection. The actual street prices / what normal people would pay for these at a jeweller's and what Harry and Jack really paid we'll never know, but these "experts" are doing guess work and the prices will go up and down every day, mostly because of the "historic connections" and scandals etc etc, so the estimated values are a bit of fantasy work.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 03:55:55 pm »

^ agree

FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 10:06:33 pm »

Do you believe that Princess Eugenie's wedding will also be compared to her mother Sarah's wedding?

Really A Baron
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 11:32:41 pm »

^Yup. Just like W&K's was compared to C&D's.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 11:33:39 pm »

People might.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2018, 01:12:12 am »

Maybe hoping the marriage won't end up like her parents did.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 06:18:15 am »

^ Jack seems like a decent guy. He doesn't talk and talk to the press. Whether they last or not, it's between them.
MM on the other hand, not so much. Her first and only love is the press and the desire to have fans, people who copy her like people did with Diana. She'll do anything and everything to create that into reality.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 04:57:42 pm »

@Sandy  Harry's marriage will end up the same as Fergie and Andrew. You can bet on it.

Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2018, 05:09:09 pm »

Princess Eugenie's wedding has been postponed to October 2018?!  sob

I read it on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_of_Princess_Eugenie_and_Jack_Brooksbank

There is a DM article of it as well, I just can't post the link because the school district where I work blocks the DM website, but I can see it on my phone.
Kins
courtier

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2018, 07:45:47 pm »

What are the odds MM will be pregnant at Eugenie's wedding?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 08:14:01 pm »

^ The odds for that are sky high!!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2018, 01:41:23 am »

@Sandy  Harry's marriage will end up the same as Fergie and Andrew. You can bet on it.

I would like to think they would both work. And they are not even married yet. I would give them a chance. If there are signs of trouble, then maybe the couple will be mature enough to go for counseling. Both couples. Marriage is not an easy thing for Eugenie and Jack or for Meghan and Harry. Eugenie and Jack will have to work on the marriage too.

Oddly, when Fergie and Andrew got engaged the media all said they were "made for each other" and she was so "fun loving" and carefree and liked country pursuits. Charles and The Queen adored Fergie. But it went south. I think back then people thought Fergie and Andrew will be a great success.  Fergie got bored with the separations and saw other men. And the Queen and Charles disapproved of her wasting $$$ and her being too "fun loving." And they were the same age and supposedly had the same interests. NObody thought it was doomed. But I think it would be natural of Eugenie and Jack to think that things can go wrong and there can be issues but they need the strength and patience to work on the marriage and make it a success.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2018, 01:43:51 am »

@Sandy  Harry's marriage will end up the same as Fergie and Andrew. You can bet on it.

worship worship worship

I like Eugenes ring, it's a stunner!! makes Meghans bland diamond look like a walmart exclusive.  tehe
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:49:06 am by LadyLaura » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: