Royal Gossip
June 21, 2018, 11:04:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eugenie and Meghan the wedding files  (Read 2885 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« on: January 22, 2018, 06:54:45 pm »

laundry I think that as Meghan had accidentally chosen the Cardiff date the same day that Prince William had an engagement, a wedding date on the biggest soccer fan date of the year and there is not one but two royal weddings in one year, there will be plenty of discussion and comparison between the two brides to be.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:15:11 pm »

Most certainly. Megsy lost on so many levels already though: backlash for the ridiculously over-expensive and fugly dress, being childish, being a clingy limpet, no London do but at Windsor and even then Frogmore was vetoed, the wedding date clashes with the biggest sports event of the year (or one of them)...  eating cookies
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:41:25 pm »

Just in case Meghan was living under a rock didn't watch W&K's wedding and she hasn't researched how to be royal, she is about to see it done right by an actual blood princess.  tehe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:48:57 pm »

'Intimate and sensual' vs 'tentative and formal': How Eugenie and Jack's 'choreographed' engagement portraits are a world away from Harry and Meghan's Hollywood-style shoot
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5298839/Eugenies-engagement-portraits-vs-Harry-Meghans.html#ixzz54wWsyiww
They'll no doubt be an article comparing Jack and Meghan and what they'll bring to the royal family. Jack's been seen with the royal family for years and seems to be steady on his feet and we know what MM7's about; fame and money.
It's comparing what royalty is as opposed to celebrity. People have complained that the royal family needs sprucing up and modernized and see that as being more like a trashy celebrity family/institution. Harry's doing that by being with MM7 and Eugenie's showing that it can be moderized without the faux over-the-top romance that a celebrity couple puts out into the press. One's genuine and one's pr driven with no real concrete history and the other's the real deal with real private moments and a solid history.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:54:02 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 07:59:37 pm »

^ Exactly. In my books genuine always wins.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:45:38 am »

^ The article from the DM was not flattering to MM at all. It made her look like what she is...an attention monger.

The only constant is change.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 01:04:47 am »

^that's exactly what she is. She's been the one in control of the so called engagement interview and the tacky Hollywood style photo shoot. During the pr public events, she's going ahead of Harry as if to great her adoring fans. She has no time for what the visit was about, only for the press and the people giving her attention. It's bs about Harry's past girlfriends not liking the press, hence bailing out of the relationship. One was young and loved to party and do her own thing that included swanning off to her country whenever she felt like it and the other one wanted to be an actress and used Harry and the press to jump start her career off the relationship. She too loved the press, but was more annoying than vile and tacky like MM is. That's why she's all about her herself and Harry and everyone else has to play to her tune.  Now she's firmly in Eugenie's shade.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 01:12:48 am »

I think it's safe to say that things just got really interesting.  eating cookies

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 12:45:27 pm »

I think Eugenie and Jack look happy and very in love, but P Harry and Meghan, at least to me, appear staged.  It's as if she's acting a part in a soap opera rather than being who she is.  I worry Harry is not quite bright enough to see through her.

In many ways I don't think long term this will work for Harry.  But - that's just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 02:48:44 pm »

I don't think Meghan has the power to pick dates for appearances. Perhaps courtiers do this and it is for her take it or leave it with dates chosen. She's still a fiancee. I'm not even sure how much leeway Harry has in choosing them.

As far as the two couples, I don't think there's a right way or a wrong way to have an engagement photo. Different couples, different personalities. Which I think is good because it would be dull if the photographs all looked the same with the same attitude and poses.

I wonder if Bea will bring a date to the wedding.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:50:33 pm by sandy » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 03:04:14 pm »

^ It's possible but it does not explain why the May 19th date was chosen. Rosela pointed out that the Monday after is a bank holiday in Canada and it suits Meghan's Canadian friends. The date is awfully convenient for a Canadian dweller who speaks hockey but not soccer..

^^Yes, it's the dis-ingenuity in MM's acting in love with PH that people are seeing and not loving. Eug didn't have to do anything or be anything to be a better bride-to-be because she was sincere in her words and in her actions. MM is
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:08:53 pm by Ariel » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 03:10:09 pm »

I don't know. But IMO the Canadian friends have plenty of time to arrange things so they could come to the wedding regardless of the date.

I also don't see Meghan as having all that much clout at this point in time.

Eugenie and her fiancee are different people than Harry and Meghan. I don't see one as being "better" than the other. What happens after the wedding is what matters. This part is the wedding and the real work begins after that for both couples. Adjustments to being a married couple. Fergie may be rather overbearing with Eugenie and her fiancee so I think there could be some friction there. But it's all speculation IMO.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 03:18:49 pm »

So this is a no-brainer Eugene and her boyfriend have been together a long time and will stay married.  Megan was with her ex-husband a long time before they got married and of course she ended up divorcing him after a couple of years. She and Harry will get divorced in about 5 years. she does not take things seriously like normal people do. she abandons everything that is her nature.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 03:30:09 pm »

Yes, what happens after the wedding day is important but in MM's case it's easy to see that she's already planned what she can take away after the divorce. If even at the engagement she was not in love with the "is he nice" guy, how can she become or stay in love with him afterwards. Same with PH - he was so scripted that at one point he wanted to say something genuine and she stopped him.

With Eug's interview things were scripted as well. You could tell the prepared answers but there were moments in which they were looking at each other and you could see love, at two places in the very, very short interview she almost cried.

She didn't need to cling onto him - Jack proposed on his own accord. unlike PH. I believe he was pushed towards it or manipulated into it. Even the truck drivers don't propose in the kitchen while the dinner is cooked.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 03:36:11 pm »

So this is a no-brainer Eugene and her boyfriend have been together a long time and will stay married.  Megan was with her ex-husband a long time before they got married and of course she ended up divorcing him after a couple of years. She and Harry will get divorced in about 5 years. she does not take things seriously like normal people do. she abandons everything that is her nature.

It's very difficult to predict. There have been royal marriages where the same thing was said (it will never last) and the couple lived till death did them part.

Hopefully both couples will get to their golden anniversaries.

The long term relationship did not work for Beatrice. It was even assumed way back she would marry David. Although it worked for Eugenie.

Life is not predictable. IMO.

The fly in the ointment for Bea and her fiancee could be her interfering mother. But time will tell.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:38:26 pm by sandy » Logged
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 03:53:09 pm »

When people get married after a long term relationship, usually they stay together since they know they fit together. Bea didn't marry, at least not now, because it wasn't right. That is normal. You don't fit and you realize it before making a mistake. Getting married after living with a guy for many years and then divorcing him is What Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie did. That is Hollywood for you. But there is your blueprint on MM. Sure she and PH could live happily ever after. I am wrong sometimes.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 05:15:09 am »

I like Eugenie and wish her and her fiance well. I feel like Meghan and Harry will divorce or lead separate lives, but I hope I am wrong, for the sake of their future children.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 12:42:06 pm »

On the cost of the engagement rings:

"Princess Eugenie’s ring is double the price of Meghan Markle’s

[...]

The gem expert from British TV show “Posh Pawn” has estimated the value of Eugenie’s ring at $140,000 — double the estimated value of Markle’s.

The three-diamond ring that Prince Harry’s fiancee wears is estimated to be worth around $70,000.

Gemologist Deborah Papas, from Prestige Pawnbrokers, told the Sun Online: “Like her mother, the Duchess of York and indeed Princess Diana, Eugenie’s ring has a center oval precious gemstone and this one certainly has not disappointed.

“It is a padparadscha sapphire surrounded by 10 brilliant cut diamonds and two pear cut diamonds to give an edge to the standard classic cluster.

“Padparadscha is the name given to the corundum gem that bears a mixture of red and yellow, a sort of cross between a ruby and yellow sapphire.

“This beautiful gem is considered amongst the rarest and most valuable of all the corundum varieties.

With its carefully faceted cut and the set off with the whitest of white diamonds, this ring could easily be worth over £100,000 [$140,000].

“Padparadscha sapphires are amongst the rarest and most valuable depending on quality and a little bit of difference in quality can mean a big difference in price.”

Papas admits that estimating such a valuable gem is difficult without full access but adds: “We estimate it to be in excess of £100,000 [$140,000].”

The princess has dated the 31-year-old party organizer for six years, and her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York, said they were delighted with the news.

Royal insider Dickie Arbiter revealed that the princess’s marriage to the 31-year-old would be even more star-studded than Markle’s — and the role that Sarah Ferguson would play at the nuptials."

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/23/princess-eugenies-ring-is-double-the-price-of-meghan-markels/
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 01:08:57 pm »

Well, those estimations are very different to other earlier ones. Meghan's ring  was looked at after her  engagement to Harry was announced by a director of one of the world's most prestigious diamond dealing firms, who stated that her ring was worth over £122,000.

A few hours after Eugenie's announcement a couple of jewellers looked at hers, said the particular type of sapphire in the centre was good but had been treated, and that put the price down. They said it was worth around a 'modest' £7,000.

When you look at the comparative wealth of Harry and Jack, (Jack is an ambassador for George Clooney's tequila and is a wholesale wine merchant but is no millionare) and Harry's access to the best of African diamonds I'll stick with the former valuations, thanks.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 03:16:14 pm »

Oh they're all nice rings. But when it comes to the wedding I know exactly how pompous is Andrew is and he's going to make sure his daughter's wedding is better. He is going to care far more than Charles cares about Harry's wedding. One thing you have to admit is that Andrew loves and is proud of his daughters. He is also upset that they have been upstaged by the likes of Kate and even more so by the likes of Megan. He still is the Queen's favorite son and I imagine since this is the first Blood girl descendant of the queen that has married since Anne, it is going to be very special in a way Meghan could never have until she has a daughter if she has a daughter. They will both be nice weddings that I will miss as I have missed all of the weddings and just look at the pictures after. Weddings actually I find very boring to to sit through. Even my own. I like the reception.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: