Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 02:46:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack are engaged  (Read 11019 times)
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2018, 05:27:14 pm »

Just based on the price tag, this wedding is modest compared to the one in May. Where was all of this backlash and pearl-clutching when all of the reports about H&M's expensive wedding was being published, especially considering 75% of that guest list was for PR purposes? Eugenie's guest list might be "star-studded" but she and/or Jack have actually proven connections to these people.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
sandy
Princess

« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2018, 05:55:48 pm »

I'd be surprised if the dress is "plain."
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2018, 06:07:15 pm »

^^That's a valid point.  My only reason for encouraging a classy, lowkey affair was to make Markle's look even more garish and bloated financially by comparison.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2018, 06:30:20 pm »

To be fair, as the son of the future monarch, Harry is higher in the royal pecking order and does actually do engagements. There are also rumours that - with a larger guest list and the fact that the wedding will stretch over several days - it will cost MORE than H&M's.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2018, 07:42:02 pm »

If more people are invited, then there will be more of a cost; throw in the carriage ride and I am certain that there will be more bills since security will have to protect the couple as they travel from the chapel to the castle where the party is being held. I am sure Fergie is DYING to be part of the procession as well.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2018, 10:36:40 pm »

Eugenie would have done well to try to emulate her cousin Zara's wedding.  Eugenie is way down in line of succession and has been excluded from doing royal duties. She has a job with very flexible hours and leads a life of luxury and plenty of leisure. Also there is still Bea who when she meets Mr Right will perhaps expect more pomp because she's older than Eugenie. I can see that happening.

She could have emulated Zara:

1. kicked out another couple from their chosen church on the day because she is the Queen's grandchild and she wanted it
2. shut down a large area of central Edinburgh for the security surrounding the attendance of her family
3. caused many of the businesses near the church to have to close on the day for hours due to her needing to shut down that area of Edinburgh for security.

People seem to have forgotten all the drama around Zara's wedding - which was full on controversy and she was heavily criticised for not marrying at St George's.

Her sense on entitlement came through very much with the 'I won't this church on this day so the couple who had already booked the church for that day will have to go somewhere else'.

At least Eugenie isn't forcing another couple to give up their dream church or shutting down a large part of a major city with the effect that would have on the economy of that city.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2018, 11:45:14 pm »

Eugenie wants more.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2018, 01:18:10 am »

Eugenie would have done well to try to emulate her cousin Zara's wedding.  Eugenie is way down in line of succession and has been excluded from doing royal duties. She has a job with very flexible hours and leads a life of luxury and plenty of leisure. Also there is still Bea who when she meets Mr Right will perhaps expect more pomp because she's older than Eugenie. I can see that happening.
She could have emulated Zara:

1. kicked out another couple from their chosen church on the day because she is the Queen's grandchild and she wanted it
2. shut down a large area of central Edinburgh for the security surrounding the attendance of her family
3. caused many of the businesses near the church to have to close on the day for hours due to her needing to shut down that area of Edinburgh for security.

People seem to have forgotten all the drama around Zara's wedding - which was full on controversy and she was heavily criticised for not marrying at St George's.

Her sense on entitlement came through very much with the 'I won't this church on this day so the couple who had already booked the church for that day will have to go somewhere else'.

At least Eugenie isn't forcing another couple to give up their dream church or shutting down a large part of a major city with the effect that would have on the economy of that city.

I never did buy the hype that Zara was as down to earth and unpretentious.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2018, 12:18:30 pm »

Also Peter sold the wedding....

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #309 on: September 18, 2018, 02:02:32 pm »

None of them are down to earth. And they have senses of entitlement. The Queen allows it apparently.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2018, 02:25:33 pm »

^^Oh, yeah.  I forgot about that.  ^No clue what HM is thinking or doing.  Seems like everything's off the leash.

This is too bad.  Just this once, I was looking forward to something that these people do and now it just feels too expensive, a little over the top.

Oh, well, Fergie will do something worth mentioning or watching.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #311 on: September 18, 2018, 02:35:09 pm »

None of them are down to earth. And they have senses of entitlement. The Queen allows it apparently.

I think Princess Anne is the worst; she postures as a soldier (being in the military parade, attending D-Day celebrations giving a salute in full uniform) and her nasty attitude is not a sign of being intelligent.

FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #312 on: Today at 01:03:36 am »

Do you think that Jack and Eugenie will personally write their own thank you notes for the wedding gifts?

Really A Baron
Little light
Countess

« Reply #313 on: Today at 02:09:45 am »

I'm really not looking forward to Fergie's rictus grin and overbearing jollity at the wedding. I do hope she tones it down a lot.   Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: