Royal Gossip
November 19, 2018, 02:22:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack are engaged  (Read 16812 times)
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #440 on: October 11, 2018, 04:59:33 pm »

Something's afoot. Eugenie's wedding date has been publicized for awhile now and yet Camilla still chose to be elsewhere on that date.  tehe

They must have something against the number 13 because I don't understand why Eugenie couldn't choose a Saturday wedding and then all the family guests would be there. Oy  bored3

Demeter
courtier

« Reply #441 on: October 11, 2018, 08:16:13 pm »

That house party is a disgusting idea.

They really ought to display familial unity. They're undermining HM, imho.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #442 on: October 11, 2018, 09:36:16 pm »

Had they decided to marry on Saturday Harry and Meghan may very well have been unable to attend as they have to leave on the 13th to get to Australia. They are arriving in Australia on the 15th and it takes around 22 hours flying time, with a 2 hour break in Singapore or somewhere else on the way so have to leave on the 13th.
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #443 on: October 11, 2018, 09:52:26 pm »

^Oh, thanks, I didn't realize.  thumbsup
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #444 on: October 12, 2018, 01:33:08 am »

The family tiara   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o42CJd6D4o

Really A Baron
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #445 on: October 12, 2018, 02:07:30 am »

https://people.com/royals/princess-eugenie-royal-wedding-reading-princess-beatrice-the-great-gatsby/

Princess Eugenie Chose a Surprising American Novel for Her Wedding Reading—with a Dark Twist
In addition to serving as her sister’s maid of honor on her wedding day, Princess Beatrice will also give a special reading during Princess Eugenie‘s royal wedding to Jack Brooksbank on Friday.

After Jack’s cousin, Charles Brooksbank, finishes his reading — taken from St. Paul’s Letter to the Colossians — Beatrice will stand before the gathered wedding guests at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle to read a passage from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

The fact that the princess bride chose an iconic American author for her traditional British royal wedding isn’t the only surprise, considering that The Great Gatsby is a dark novel that is less of a love story and more of a reflection of the disillusionment of the American Dream.

Eugenie selected one of the book’s most famous passages for her sister’s reading, which describes the title character, Jay Gatsby’s smile.

“He smiled understandingly-much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced–or seemed to face–the whole eternal world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey.

“Precisely at that point it vanished — and I was looking at an elegant young rough-neck, a year or two over thirty, whose elaborate formality of speech just missed being absurd. Some time before he introduced himself I’d got a strong impression that he was picking his words with care.”

The quotation actually mirrors the royal’s own sentiments about her future husband. Just as Gatsby has the ability to make people feel important, Eugenie says Jack embodies that same quality.

Jack Brooksbank and Princess Eugenie
“Jack’s the kind of guy, you know when you’re lost at a party and you can’t find anyone to talk to, and you start panicking and you need help? He’ll walk in and make everyone feel so special,” Eugenie said during her pre-wedding interview with ITV.

“He’ll scoop you up and talk to you and make you feel a million dollars and [looks at Jack] that’s you, and you’re so humble and generous. So humble and generous – that’s two words – and that person you immediately know [that] you’ve got a friend…”

Of course, Gatsby didn’t get the same fairy tale ending as Jack! After falling hopelessly in love with the married Daisy Buchanan, it’s revealed that Gatsby built his fortune on corruption, and he’s ultimately murdered by a man who believed he was having an affair with his wife.

ETA: I will never understand Gatsby fever.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:10:17 am by Demeter » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2018, 02:42:35 am »

Neither will I; it's a story about a deeply selfish woman who ran out on a man who loved her unconditionally, leaving him to a fate of being murdered.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #447 on: October 12, 2018, 03:10:08 am »

^ That. I found the whole novel emotionless. I was never able to really connect with any of the characters. Even Fitzgerald said the emotional motivation of his characters didn't matter, to the degree that he didn't even think about their feelings. That's a paraphrase, naturally, but my point is that, I too, found the whole novel to be emotionless.

I know the whole thing is about symbolism to the degree that the entire thing is a metaphor, but why would she want something essentially about futility and loss read at her wedding? I just don't get the devotion to Gatsby.

Anyway, it's just my opinion.

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #448 on: October 12, 2018, 03:28:12 am »

Really odd that Cammie won't be there; it's not like she has a heavy work load and can't take the day off for fear of having her pay check docked.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: