Royal Gossip
December 11, 2018, 07:28:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack are engaged  (Read 17482 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #220 on: August 05, 2018, 05:00:32 am »

Definitely not the ugly blue surplus china from the May disaster

Wasn't that the 'souvenir' design? I know a couple of people who went to BP to buy some souvenirs and had to order as they had sold out, in the shop. They were told they could get some at Windsor but that BP itself had sold out on that day and that was not unusual in the week prior to the wedding. They underestimated the amount they needed in the shop on some days. Of course they are still selling it via both website and in the shops, at the same price as before the wedding, which they wouldn't be doing if it wasn't selling. One friend bought me one of the mugs and they are quite pretty up close actually.

I doubt that they used that cheap stuff at the reception but would have brought out the good stuff.

There are no approved souvenirs for Eugenie so we will get even less information I suspect that we did of Harry's. 
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #221 on: August 05, 2018, 02:39:28 pm »

^Relax. It was a joke.

I haven't played since I stopped
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2018, 05:48:58 am »

^ eating cookies laundry

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2018, 02:47:35 am »

Here is a stunning dress that even the mother of the bride would approve of.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl1rNWqVQWw

Really A Baron
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2018, 02:48:55 am »

^Fit for a born princess.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2018, 12:39:01 am »

I hope Eugenie's dress will fit better than MEggles did.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2018, 02:53:27 am »

Here is a diamond tiara and necklace for Princess Eugenie.   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/464785321

Really A Baron
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #227 on: August 16, 2018, 06:36:10 pm »

Will Eugenie have the most star-studded royal wedding EVER? Guest list is set to include Kate Moss, Cindy Crawford and Ellie Goulding (and the Beckhams and Elton are tipped for another trip to Windsor)
It's no wonder Harry and Meghan's wedding was a star-studded affair, thanks to the bride's friends from her acting days and celebrities Harry's bonded with through charity work, but Princess Eugenie could be set to outdo them.
The royal, 29, will follow in their footsteps by exchanging vows with her long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank at St George's Chapel in Windsor in October, and according to Harper's Bazaar they will also be surrounded by A-list invitees.
There's expected to be some crossover of social circles with Amal and George Clooney, James Blunt, Cressida Bonas, Elton John and the Beckhams predicted to attend their second royal nuptials of the year.
But Eugenie's guest list is set to have an extra sprinkling of edginess in the form of a younger, cool crowd including Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and Suki Waterhouse and modelling royalty Kate Moss and Cindy Crawford.
Read on to find out the line-up for what could be the most star-studded royal wedding yet.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6067007/Will-Eugenie-star-studded-royal-wedding-EVER.html
It looks like the las real royal wedding was Ills and Waity's. At lesat they didn't have this onslaught of tacky celebrities rumoured to atend their wedding. Th ryounger royals seemes obsessed with celebrities wh just bring low rent behavior to them like MM has.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #228 on: August 16, 2018, 08:06:45 pm »

I think ALL the younger royals including W and K like to hang out with celebs. I think there were tacky elements in ALL the royal weddings of the younger ones, except for the Princess Anne's children and they don't have royal titles. I hope Eugenie and Jack's is not another tack fest. The days of classy weddings seem to be for the time being, over. IMO anyway.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2018, 08:12:35 pm »

Peter's wedding may be the tackiest though. He sold it and personally the wedding event was tacky in itself (worst wedding dress for ex).

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2018, 02:33:46 am »

Hopefully Princess Eugenie's wedding will have tradition.

Really A Baron
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2018, 02:39:05 am »

Do you think that Sarah, the mother of the bride, will wear a brightly colored dress at the wedding?

Really A Baron
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2018, 11:40:26 am »

Lots of people unhappy about having to foot the multimillion pound bill for security at a minor royal's wedding. Honestly, you wouldn't know that we're in an age of austerity with welfare cuts, public sector cuts and public sector pay freezes. The arrogance of the royals is breathtaking.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a22751072/princess-eugenie-jack-brooksbank-wedding-cost/

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1009356/princess-eugenie-wedding-meghan-markle-kate-middleton-cost-latest-news

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1006224/Princess-eugenie-wedding-cost-news-latest
sandy
Princess

« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2018, 02:37:35 pm »

None of these weddings come cheap. THe two will have a life of leisure. Perhaps Bea and Eugenie should give back by getting some royal duties.
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2018, 03:03:39 pm »

Eugenie should rethink the carriage ride which, I think, probably adds quite a bit to the cost of security.  Yes, she is a grandchild of the queen like Harry.  The difference is that Harry does some public engagements on behalf of the Queen and the public has a stronger connection with him.  Just my two cents.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2018, 03:33:27 pm »

I think the Windsors are getting it wrong as they usually do; grand weddings were usually grand since the two marrying were scions of powerful families and usually a marriage brought with it a treaty, trade deals, or an alliance with the country that the bride (or groom) came from.

These days the new consorts bring scandal, no money (and often massive debt), shady pasts that the royals have to work to cover up, plus an expensive PR campaign that costs even more money. Then the newly expensive tastes of the new consort have to be satisfied and that is only even more money.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »

It was wrong to have two weddings the same year. If it had been only Eug there would be less criticism.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2018, 03:55:30 pm »

^^^ Indeed.

^^ The problem is also that the public used to be "swayed" (supposedly) by these happy occasions - weddings & christenings, supposedly nothing better to boost goodwill with the public. Well, I'd say not anymore... For one the world moves too fast, celebrated today, forgotten tomorrow, for another the deference isn't there anymore, and further people are aware of the cost etc, esp when other things need the money much more, eg eductaion, healthcare etc.

^ Also true. Or do it like Zara, Peter...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2018, 10:40:05 pm »

I don't think it matters much that there were two weddings this year. I think Bea was hoping to have a wedding to David Clark before Eugenie got married.  I think if Bea finds another match her wedding would take place in a few years but there would be a wait of perhaps a decade for Louise then James to marry, the last two of the Queen'd grandchildren.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2018, 10:50:08 pm »

I think the other issue is that weddings used to mean a fresh face on the scene, no baggage, and hope that the couple would bring something to the country. With Diana and Fergie, it was like fun times were on their way and in a way, they were. The press was making a fortune, the public was getting full value for the money they gave the royals, and the economy was moving along merrily.

Now weddings are about the long time mistress getting a ring, a patina of 'true love conquers all gloss' and calling someone with a title evil, and this is something that the public is supposed to cheer on and for out their money to pay for.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: