Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 08:35:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack are engaged  (Read 11079 times)
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2018, 04:31:32 pm »

Personally I think the HRH part should be done away with completely.  I mean really, what does it mean in this day and age?   Does anyone ever stop and think how archaic this system of people placing themselves above others is?  It's antiquated and unnecessary.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2018, 04:34:47 pm »

The Queen may offer to bestow titles of Prince and Princesses on harry's children.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2018, 04:37:55 pm »

That is not what we are arguing.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2018, 07:10:01 pm »

^^^^^ That's how I'd do it too, if a monarchy continues: titles for direct heirs only; as of now Chuck - Bill - George - G's oldest and so on. Not even all Bill's kids. Too late for that. Other countries already have such a system in place wherein only the heir has a title, not the siblings. Or no HRHs but HHs.

^^^ I also agree on doing away with HRHs. Truly, what do any of these titles mean? I am far more impressed with academic titles, those people worked their backsides off to get them. It's their lives work in a sense.

As the rules are now, Harry's kids would immediately become "HRH prince/ss" when Chuck becomes king. I think they shouldn't have any, for one what for and for another, the monarchy is supposed to be slimmed down, giving H's kids (and if Chuck had more kids!) titles just creates too many "HRH Bla-blas".
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2018, 08:03:26 am »

I think they should have HRH titles (unless their parents decide otherwise, like Anne wanting no titles for her kids and Edward styling his kids as Lady and Viscount instead of prince/ss). They're part of the same family. I don't see anything wrong with having a royal family as long as they dedicate themselves to serving others (remembering that they weren't placed in their position by any merit of their own). I guess I'm in the minority here.  dontknow
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2018, 02:21:20 am »

Do you think Princess Eugenie will choose an unknown wedding dress designer?

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2018, 06:06:36 am »

I have no idea who her dress designer will be, but I'm looking forward to seeing her dress.  flower
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2018, 02:52:42 am »

How many wedding cakes do you think Princess Eugenie and Jack will have?

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2018, 03:13:48 am »

It depends on how it's presented. It looks like Meghan and Harry had 3 cakes but one was a 2-layer and I think they were all the same flavor (so it was really more like one cake split into three parts).
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2018, 06:22:17 am »

I think they'll go the traditional three tier iced fruit cake route, with something like choc mud cake or raspberry sponge as an alternative or groom's choice.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2018, 07:46:47 am »

I think a tiered cake looks nicer, more traditional.

Speaking of this wedding, I do hope, if Princess Beatrice is chief bridesmaid that she will keep that hairstyle she wore at the trooping.
A centre parting suits her, more feminine, but not like Meggles.  Bea's hair has a natural curl.  It suited her.

FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2018, 02:47:21 am »

Do you think that Princess Eugenie and Jack will have the traditional Anglican wedding service in which they state their first name and all their middle names?

Really A Baron
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2018, 05:21:24 am »

^ Yes.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2018, 03:20:23 am »

^That will be delightful.

Really A Baron
empirestate
courtier

« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2018, 05:01:33 am »

Do you think that Princess Eugenie and Jack will have the traditional Anglican wedding service in which they state their first name and all their middle names?

"Do you, Jack, take *Deep Breathe*

"Dear God, let me not die at the hands of the Swiss." -Johnny English
Little light
Countess

« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2018, 06:24:42 pm »

laugh I looked that comment^

It must seem odd to Prince Philip to have all these children/grandchildren etc to have all these long names when he only has one. Philip Greece.

It's odd when you think various royal families have different customs even in naming their children. I thought they all had numerous names. Just to be different (and to honour different relatives).

I'm looking forward to this wedding. I hope it will be classy.
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2018, 10:21:44 pm »

^ Me too.  My thinking is that it will be more reserved than Harry's was;  but Fergie is the wild card in this situation.  Fingers crossed!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2018, 02:36:59 pm »

Princess Eugenie royal wedding bridesmaids revealed, Princess Charlotte leads flower girls

PRINCESS Eugenie has chosen her bridesmaids for her Royal Wedding with several little girls set to accompany her down the aisle at St George's Chapel in Windsor, where the princess will marry Jack Brooksbank in a lavish ceremony in October.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/985750/princess-eugienie-royal-wedding-princess-charlotte-jack-brooksbank-robbie-williams-latest

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2018, 08:01:01 pm »

I was hoping Char wouldn't be a flower girl; it will be all about Waity now. sigh
sandy
Princess

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2018, 08:11:44 pm »

Kate will be there with Charlotte and the Yorks are not that fond of Kate.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: