Royal Gossip
August 17, 2018, 03:40:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack are engaged  (Read 8674 times)
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2018, 02:46:13 am »

Will Jack wear his glasses to the wedding?   
http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2358156/meet-jack-brooksbank-princess-eugenie-fiance

Really A Baron
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2018, 06:44:39 am »

Regarding the wedding dress comparisons, any dress will upstage the one M wore and Eug is known to have a good taste in dresses.
I also expect a lot of aristos to come by, not like on PH's wedding. I also expect that if they say 600 people, they actually know these 600 people and there will be no awkward gatecrashing like with the Clooneys.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2018, 12:11:47 pm »

I like Eugenie but I don't think she dresses all that well generally speaking. I hope she will look her best at the wedding and have a well tailored gown. And a lovely headpiece. She really should not be compared with other royal brides. Each one is different. I also think she is looking forward to the wedding and I don't believe she thinks about "upstaging" Meghan. I don't think Eugenie and Bea have the best taste in dresses.  If she is an attendant to her sister, I hope Bea gets something really great and does not wear one of those "hats" she tends to wear at weddings.

The Clooneys were invited and nobody could gatecrash. I saw how those tickets were inspected--nobody was spared the inspection.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2018, 12:24:28 pm »

Too late to edit. I found that Bea and Eugenie look really good in outfits like these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=princess+eugenie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwju5bq07rTbAhVloFkKHT0JDOkQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662#imgdii=xyKK6p8e-jkp7M:&imgrc=FIImZIXlzd973M:
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2018, 04:31:30 pm »

I think she could look extremely beautiful if she dresses in the right gown for her figure.

I like her in this, though not for her wedding of course.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a16956/princess-eugenie-of-york-interview/

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2018, 02:06:31 am »

Will Jack the groom wear a top hat?

Really A Baron
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2018, 03:49:50 pm »

^^  Good find AnaBolena!  I like her in that dress too.  It fits her beautifully and I hope she'll wear something as fitted for her wedding!
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2018, 02:10:34 am »

Here is a bouquet of white Stephanotis that would be nice for Eugenie's wedding bouquet. Just add a sprig of myrtle.   
http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/231143/white-wedding-bouquets?slide=865223

Really A Baron
Pepe Le Skew
Baroness

This is what it sounds like

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2018, 02:36:14 am »

I hope Eugenie is allowed to use the glass carriage.  I mean, it’s just sitting around unused!  She is simply stunning in the pink gown, and I suspect she will be a gorgeous and trend-setting bride.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2018, 02:51:05 am »

Where would she use it though? If she is staying at the castle that's an extremely short journey in order to expensively bring a very old historic coach to Windsor. If she comes from Royal Lodge, which IMHO is likely, the journey is too long for a coach.
The couple won't be going round Windsor and if they use Frogmore for the reception they're more likely to use the more manoeuvrable Ascot Landau for that than a lumbering coach. The glass coach sits in the Royal Mews, is old and really needs a refit.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2018, 02:55:49 pm »

I think Eugenie will be beautiful on her wedding day. Trend setting? I doubt it.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:30 pm »

I agree Ana Bolena it would be perfect for her.  She will eclipse Meghan by a mile.  As the first daughter to marry I'm sure she will leave her father's house
for her wedding, with I hope Beatrice as chief bridesmaid. 

As to the glass coach.  I don't know how long it would take so that it could be used, but I wouldn't be surprised if HM quietly gave instructions ssome time
ago for it to be made ready for her grand-daughters wedding, and for Beatrice too when her time comes. 

Great find.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2018, 07:38:01 pm »

I don't think weddings should be competitions. Eugenie will have a wonderful wedding. I don't think Meghan and/or Eugenie think about "eclipsing" one another. Harry is higher up in line of succession than Eugenie and it was his wedding too not just Meghan's.
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2018, 08:47:11 pm »

^^ I would love to see her in the glass coach on her wedding day.  If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first royal princess to get married since Anne and it would be fun to see her looking like a princess.  That said, I have a bit of a soft spot for Bea and Eugenie.  They certainly have their faults, however the criticism by the general public of their looks must be hard to bear.  It is cruel to do that, and I can't imagine having to live with it through their teens and twenties.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2018, 07:44:24 am »

I know they’re technically princesses but at the end of the day they’re children of the spare and probably shouldn’t have even been given princess titles anyway...they’re no more princesses than Zara and Lady Louise except that Andrew insisted they got Royal titles.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2018, 07:51:30 am »

Actually, Louise was supposed to be a princess and James a prince (letters patent 1917) but their parents wanted them to be styled differently. Peter and Zara are from the female line, so they didn't get royal titles (taking their father's last name, although Anne probably could have ended up a Countess, similar to Princess Margaret). The daughters of the Duke of York are always princesses. HM was Her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth of York until her uncle abdicated in 11 December 1936. Beatrice and Eugenie not deserving titles sounds like the PC camp (he was upset and wanted to be treated as 'special' among his siblings).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:54:07 am by leogirl » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2018, 09:07:52 am »

Louise and James are prince/ss just that they dont use it as Camz doesnt use princess of wales.

I dont think it is a bad idea to change it but not to them but to Harry's kids. That will make us see if Charles is about to change things or if he simply dislikes his brothers.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2018, 11:36:02 am »

Leogirl, I hope you don’t approve of the sexist idea that children of female royals are treated differently? I’m aware of why Louise etc don’t have titles. My point is that the idea that Eugenie’s wedding will be better or more exciting than, say, Zara’s is silly because they are both the Queen’s grandchildren. IMO I think Charles is right (and I don’t say that often) that the monarchy needs to be more slimmed down and Prince/princess titles should be reserved for the grandchildren of the heir only.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2018, 01:17:35 pm »

I would limit the HRH to only the direct heir not grandchildren of the heir. William already has three children. If, while he is heir each of them have three children then there are another 9 HRHs - hardly making the family smaller.

I think it should be Charles' children, William's children, George's children but no one else's. I suspect that is what will happen in time but HM didn't want to change the 1917 LPs in 1999 so stripped Edward's children of the right to HRH by the use of making known the Queen's Will via a press statement (it doesn't matter how it is made known the effect is the same - e.g. Harry's LPs haven't been issued yet for the Sussex title but the Queen's Will that he be Duke of Sussex has been made known - she didn't issue William's LPs for over a month after the wedding). Titles can be changed via LPs, Royal Warrants or any other means the monarch chooses such as a press release or a personal statement or a note attached to a board at BP or anything else - a tweet for instance. She didn't want to restrict the titles then as that would have stripped her cousins who had had HRHs for over 60 years along with Beatrice and Eugenie.

It will be interesting to see if she issues special LPs for Harry's children to be born HRH or just leave the existing LPs in place so they are Lords/Ladies and then leave it to Charles which will show how serious he is about the reported idea that he wants a smaller royal family. Will he insist on his own second son's children being HRHs while stripping his mother's second son's children of that right???
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2018, 01:57:19 pm »

^ my point but better explained!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: