Royal Gossip
October 20, 2018, 10:34:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack are engaged  (Read 15428 times)
Val
Princess

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2018, 09:17:23 am »

^

Very much so and far classier than the over the top tacky one of the Pipster which had Ma's downmarket stamp all over it.
MOSAIC
Duchess

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2018, 12:29:09 pm »

For Eugenie and Jack I hope we will see a good repr. of some of the younger royals from Europe's reigning families, i.e. Sweden, Denmark, Luxembourg.
Although Eugenie and Beatrice have not mingled with any of these families - until now.  It would be a good chance for some links.  Beatrice has a few
links but not Eug.  Here's hoping.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2018, 03:07:03 am »

^

Very much so and far classier than the over the top tacky one of the Pipster which had Ma's downmarket stamp all over it.

Yes indeed, even with mama Sarah on the loose.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2018, 02:19:08 am »

Do you think that Princess Eugenie will use the Glass Coach on her wedding day?

Really A Baron
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2018, 02:25:32 am »

^ post a pic please?

Barnabe et Kitty...
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2018, 10:28:58 am »

I am not sure she will use any coach but certainly I would be surprised if she used the glass coach. As the future Queen didn't get the glass coach for her wedding in 2011 I very much doubt that someone so far down the line of succession would be so honoured.

The precedence seems to be now that they bride arrives in a car and maybe leaves in an open landau/carriage but the days of the bride arriving in a coach appear to be gone.

No doubt when a future Queen Regnant is getting married she will get the glass coach but other than that a grandchild of the monarch who is now 9th in the line of succession (and by the time of the wedding could already be closer to 10th if Meghan is pregnant by then).

Remember too that Eugenie won't be getting the permission charter that Harry had - the first high profile member of the royal family to miss that honour with the changes to the law that came into effect in 2015.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2018, 11:07:58 am »

Although I don’t think she’ll get the glass coach because her wedding is more low key than Harry and Will’s, as a blood princess she has much more of a right to it.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2018, 12:15:38 pm »

What's a permission charter meeememe please?

I've never heard of it before.

Thanks.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2018, 12:43:33 pm »

I believe meememe means the paper where the queen grants permission, remember that it didnt say beloved for Meghan?

Though I would love more details meememe! How did it work before?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2018, 03:49:49 pm »

The charter is the formal parchment that was issued about a week before the wedding that formally gave HM's permission to the marriage.

Back in February the Queen gave permission in Council and that was the official dating of the permission but after that they take time to create the very artistic formal document - called a charter.

Harry is the last person who will get one of those until one of William's children marry.

Prior to 2015 every descendant of George II, other than those descended from a British Princess who married into a foreign royal house (which actually excluded the BRF but that is for another point) all required permission from the monarch or their marriage wasn't legal. Many people weren't aware that they needed permission and so were never legally married but as part of the changes that allows Charlotte to remain ahead of Louis in the line of succession only the first 6 in the line of succession now require permission and so will get that parchment (both Peter and Zara have them because they married before 2015 but Eugenie, Beatrice, Louise and James won't - and maybe not even all of Harry's children depending on when everyone marries).
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2018, 04:02:56 pm »

^ "Prior to 2015 every descendant of George II, other than those descended from a British Princess who married into a foreign royal house (which actually excluded the BRF but that is for another point) all required permission from the monarch or their marriage wasn't legal."

< Could you please elaborate on that, just a bit? I'd like to know what that means/ more! flower
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2018, 07:53:55 pm »

The original Royal Marriage Act specifically excluded the descendants of any British Princess who married into a foreign royal house.

One of George II's daughters married into the Danish royal family and Queen Alexandra - Edward VII's wife - was one of her descendants.

In the early 1950s a Mr Farran argued that as a result none of Edward VII's descendants needed to seek permission to marry. As they all did so the argument was never tested in a Court of Law - the only place to settle such an argument. Now it is irrelevant.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2018, 08:58:40 pm »

^ I see, very interesting! thankyou Yeah, now it's superfluous to contest the rule. The new Act disregards the old rule anyway and that argument falls flat now, even if someone would want to contest it for the 1st 6 in line.
What they really need to fix is the olden rule that women can't inherit... thumbsdown
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2018, 01:53:23 am »

^ post a pic please?

Here is the Glass Coach with Lady Diana.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0U7YT7RgYg

Really A Baron
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2018, 03:32:00 am »

thankyou

Barnabe et Kitty...
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2018, 04:37:37 am »

Being the evil chick I am, I would love for Eugenie and Jack to have a more spectacular wedding than Harry & MEggles.  Tongue
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2018, 04:56:48 am »

^Samsies.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2018, 06:45:14 am »

^ I see, very interesting! thankyou Yeah, now it's superfluous to contest the rule. The new Act disregards the old rule anyway and that argument falls flat now, even if someone would want to contest it for the 1st 6 in line.
What they really need to fix is the olden rule that women can't inherit... thumbsdown

Women can inherit the throne in the UK and now will do so according to birth order e.g. if George predeceases Charlotte without a legitimate heir Charlotte succeeds not Louis.

Every few years there is a bill put forward to give equal inheritance rights to titles but it is the current title holders themselves who are most opposed to that concept. The bill is always raised in the House of Lords and always defeated there. The fathers and grandfathers don't want their daughters inheriting even if there are no sons preferring either the title pass to a distant relative or go extinct.

The new act also has no mention of descent from George II so the old clauses relating to descended from a British born princess married into a foreign royal house no longer applies anyway. What would be quite interesting is if a King Ralph scenario happened and say the first 60 or so in the line of succession disappeared and the Norwegians were the next in line - what would happen if the King of Norway approved a match while the Queen of Great Britain didn't?huh?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2018, 02:46:59 pm »

^ Quite interesting.
I don't understand however why the house of lords (ie peers) oppose women inheriting titles and all that? They claim that it would bring complications, but I cannot agree with that. huh
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2018, 03:35:34 pm »

^ off topic but it does and a lot of them unless the law is very well done but complications will always arise.

It was changed in Spain and there are many aristo families broken because of this matter.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: