Royal Gossip
July 17, 2018, 02:46:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie and Jack are engaged  (Read 5784 times)
Ariel
Duchess

« on: January 22, 2018, 02:28:49 pm »

loveshower Just read the news on Twitter. How lovely. Congrats to Eugene and Jack. Truly happy for them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:05:14 am by Alexandrine » Logged
Kins
courtier

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:30:14 pm »

They look truly happy and natural together. So excited for them!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:32:05 pm »

How nice!

The wedding will take place in the Autumn of 2018 at St George's Chapel in Windsor, with further details to be announced in due course. https://t.co/FeyEqAiiuY

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 02:35:16 pm »

The pictures, the ring, the dress, the postures, the smiles. Everything is regal and perfect and Autumn is perfect for weddings.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 02:42:52 pm »

Princess Eugenie to marry boyfriend Jack Brooksbank

Eugenie is to marry her long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The Duke and Duchess of York said their younger daughter and Mr Brooksbank became engaged while in Nicaragua earlier this month.

The wedding will take place at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, in the autumn.

The princess met the former manager of Mayfair club Mahiki while skiing. They have dated for several years.

Engagement pictures of the couple, taken in the Picture Gallery at Buckingham Palace, have been released following the announcement.

Princess Eugenie is wearing a dress by Erdem, shoes by Jimmy Choo and a ring containing a padparadscha sapphire surrounded by diamonds.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42772288

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:46:50 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 02:51:20 pm »

Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack, a lovely couple. I had a feeling they wouldn't wait too long. Babies and weddings! The BRF are going to have a full year!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 03:58:22 pm »

I love the ring!!  Best royal engagement ring since ages ago.

I love that in the announcement it says the duke and duchess of york easter-lol

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 04:14:16 pm »

I love the ring too!  Eugenie and Jack look very happy and relaxed together.  Best wishes to them!!
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 04:15:09 pm »

Lovely, genuinely happy couple. Compared to May's tackfest I'm sure their wedding will be gorgeous.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 04:43:32 pm »

The ring is very much in style of Fergie's ring! I like it. Lovely pictures. Congrats to them!
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 04:51:48 pm »

I really liked the photos too and I thought the ring was very nice (not my style) but very beautiful!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 05:05:37 pm »

Spoiled for bridesmaid choice! Members of Princess Eugenie's girl squad who could be poised for a starring role at the royal wedding (including Ellie Goulding and Cara Delevingne)
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5298233/Could-stars-Princess-Eugenies-bridesmaids.html#ixzz54vwhiE00
I think Cressida and  Beatrice will be bridesmaids. Afer all, it'll be a proper royal wedding, so I doubt any celebrities will have an official part of the wedding. I can see llie being part of the reception/party as an entertainer.

Déja vu! Eugenie's rare 'lotus blossom' sapphire bears a striking resemblance to her mother's 1986 sparkler (and experts predict it cost £7,000)
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5297797/Eugenies-sapphire-bears-resemblance-Fergies-ruby-ring.html#ixzz54vx7PRY7

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 05:13:40 pm »

Eug & Jack designed the ring together. Very nice that Eug had an input. I think it's better when the bride can choose her own ring, as it's for life and not just some piece of jewellery, so making sure she really loves it is important.
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 05:54:00 pm »

Now you know there is something wrong when you are looking forward to Princess Eugenie's wedding than Prince Harry's tehe

I was nearly in tears to see such a lovely dress on Eugenie in the photos!  sigh Finally some class, I was beginning to lose hope in the RF.  tehe

Nice touch with the engagement ring. I wonder what did Fergie do with hers? Give it back to Andrew? I just never thought about it until now.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 06:08:31 pm »

A royal first? Thrifty Eugenie eschews tradition by recycling an Erdem dress she’s had for TWO YEARS for her official engagement portraits at Buckingham Palace
Prince Andrew's youngest daughter chose the £1,288 Erdem dress for a 2016 interview in Harper's Bazaar when she opened about her day-to-day life as a modern-day Princess.
Her choice to recycle her frock is something of a departure from royal tradition, with recent royal brides pulling out all the stops for their engagement outfits.  
When Kate Middleton's engagement to Prince William was announced in November 2010, she snapped up a £430 Issa wrap dress which subsequently sold out from Harvey Nichols within 24 hours and was unavailable to buy in 43 countries.
And Meghan Markle pulled out all the stops with a $730 ((£537) Line coat, Aquazzura heels and P.A.R.O.S.H dress for her November 2017 engagement photocall with Prince Harry.
The cream belted number is $750 (£564) and according to WWD, the coat was a freebie gifted to her by friend Jessica Mulroney.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5298393/Eugenie-recycles-Erdem-dress-shes-TWO-YEARS.html#ixzz54wBzuiY9
It's inevitable that the 2 weddings will be compared. I think it'll be an education as to what is a royal wedding as opposed to a celebrity one.  eating cookies
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:10:29 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 06:10:36 pm »

^^ Fergie still wears it from time to time, coupled with her wedding ring, the Cartier trinity ring and her signet ring on her pinkie.
The announcement also curiously says "the duke and the duchess of York" instead of "the duke [of York] and Sarah, duchess of York".
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/status/955381430699270145

A royal household should be able to get this right. Did they re-marry in secret? laundry

The dress is lovely, she's worn it before, last year or so for her Harper's Bazaar photoshoot.
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/156785.jpg

Fergie chose her own ring too (Andy apparently originally proposed with an emerald, bad choice in stone, Fergie had better sense to go with a ruby) as did Diana.

I also like that Eugenie chose yellow gold. Warm & lovely.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 06:22:36 pm »

Princess Eugenie: Engagement was a perfect moment
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42781276

wow Eugenie voice is deep

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 06:26:18 pm »

Simply charming.^

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47:55 pm »

What I love about it is that he proposed without a ring. That's how it should be done imo. And then, as fiance together you design the ring and do the fitting and everything. Otherwise you'll get a ring that's too big, too small, not pretty and you're stuck with it every time you look at it or someone else looks at it. I also love the fact that she didn't coach him on what kind of ring she wants and by when (I do know a woman who did that to a friend of mine and I'm not happy for them...)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 06:57:25 pm »

^ I feel exactly the same! It's imo the best way to handle an engagement (ring).

PS

'It was the perfect moment': Princess Eugenie tells how it was a 'complete surprise' when boyfriend Jack Brooksbank got down on one knee to ask her to marry him (and Granny's VERY happy!)

Palace announced Princess Eugenie's engagement to her long-term boyfriend on Monday morning
    Couple will wed at St George's Chapel in Windsor in the Autumn - after Harry and Meghan's May nuptials
    Barman turned wine merchant, 31, popped the question during a holiday in Nicaragua earlier this month
    Eugenie, 27, was introduced to Jack by friends in Verbier in 2010, while on holiday to mark her father's 50th  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5298961/Princess-Eugenie-tells-complete-surprise.html

PPS I just watched the short preview of the engagement interview, and firstly, wow! Her voice! Quite deep, but very lovely to listen to. Secondly, I like their composed interview, very lovely. Thirdly, I'm jealous over the ring, seeing it on video it's even more gorgeous!! Good choice.

Her dress is reworn and cost "only" ca 1500$, not 60000$ or so, and she's a born Windsor.. I'm even happier for them seeing the short clip!

I have to say I also like Diana's, Fergie's, Meg's and Liz's rings. Would absolutely love to see queen mum's original sapphire engagemenz ring, there are sadly only grainy black & white pics of it available. It must have been stunning!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:06:31 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: