Royal Gossip
September 21, 2018, 01:59:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry & Meghan will visit Cardiff January 18th  (Read 4173 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:57 pm »

I have read elsewhere that the check is a version of the Prince of Wales check and to wear it a person has to have the permission of the Prince of Wales. If true than Charles is showing his support for Meghan by allowing her, as only a fiancee, to wear his check.

Of course is may just be similar to his check and thus not need his permission but that is what I have heard.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 10:14:30 pm »

^ What check? No clue what that means!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 10:20:13 pm »

^Thank you.  I thought I was the only one who didn’t understand that.  ^^What check?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 10:21:04 pm »

It’s all over the top for an unknown American actress. The headlines are about her as well as the focus of the articles. She’s not royal so she can wear what she likes as she’s acting solely as a starlet out meeting her fans that her pr most likely got for her amongst the tv show extras that were on break IMO. This is Hollywood in Cardiff not a royal member on a public engagement with his fiancée. Harry might as well step down from his position and go with her to La La Land, California USA and get a job at the In and Out burger joint whilst she spends her time admiring herself in the mirror. Cardiff is the main place that a lot of tv shows are produced so as I said, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re actors/extras acting like crazy fans. The whole thing’s very undignified. Does anyone know what the actual purpose of the visit was? To me, it’s just about Meghan enjoying the press attention.
Harry’s a feminist.  tehe  He’s about to be the former HRH Prince Henry.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 10:24:35 pm »

I believe meememe means the pattern in her jacket.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:20 pm »

^ Yes! Just came across this

Look of love! Meghan smiles coyly as she shares a tender moment with Harry in Cardiff Castle - and gives a nod to her future father-in-law with her Prince of Wales checked top

Bride-to-be, 36, wore Stella McCartney coat for engagement in Cardiff
    Designer is known for her cruelty-free stance and passion for animals
    Carried bag by DeMellier London whose bags fund life-saving vaccines for kids
    Ticked the diplomatic box by wearing trousers from a Welsh brand 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5284205/Meghan-Markle-shows-pull-good-dressing.html

-

The craziest/ stupidest thing was that woman curtseying to Murkles (& after that to H). blink
annecros
courtier

What I am is what I am are what you are or what?

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 10:50:33 pm »

It is the Prince of Wales Check Tartan. https://www.scotweb.co.uk/tartan/Prince-of-Wales/49617 The check distinguishes it from other variations. Camilla is seen in this one pretty often.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2018, 10:53:12 pm »

^^^ , ^^ and ^ Thank you!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2018, 10:58:10 pm »

It’ll be interesting if that’s ok to wear or if she did need permission to do so. I don’t care if she’s engaged to Harry as she’s a woman on the make and acting like the celebrity she think she is. It’s all about her being on centre stage and Harry being off stage. She’s a public figure and not a future royal IMO. So she might’ve ticked of 2 future King’s today; Wills for this Hollywood outing that upstaged his 2 engagements and Charles for wearing his pattern without permission.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:01:05 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 11:00:41 pm »

Does anyone have a pic of the curtsey?

The coat is available to buy and wear on the Theory website. https://www.theory.com/ots-jkt/H0701103.html Where did the DM get this idea that it's some kind of exclusive Charles design?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2018, 11:05:53 pm »

^ Here
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9CyomC3KHhM/WmDNBMJd9JI/AAAAAAAFggk/yW_qBfHFbO4W0HP_EJe6L4em3HTnSD6tgCLcBGAs/s1600/4845C17A00000578-5283675-image-a-122_1516287929661.jpg

^^^  flower
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 11:08:22 pm »

^Who’s the crazy lady in that pic?  I don’t mean Sparkles.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2018, 12:57:52 am »

Odd that their engagements have an air of a tv production with live feeds. That woman does look ridiculous and at the same time could be making fun of Meghan.
Is it true that a photographer said that the whole thing seems weird and not as it seems during the live feed? Did Harry go back and seemingly flirt with a woman in the crowd? Did Meh=ghan look ticked off at Harry and pretended to be happy throughout the event? I ask because i didn't watch the live feed and I've just read that these things happened.
Never has one outfit been designed to send so many messages! From her mismatched earrings to her Sloaney boots, how every item Meghan wore was intended to make a statement
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5284771/Meghan-wears-black-JEANS-official-visit-Cardiff.html
She's showing the royals and the world that she's doing things her way and Harry and his family and the establishment will just have t to the line. Fabulous way to go about endeering yourself to the nation. Give her what she wants; adoration and press and don't complain is her motto.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:06:42 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2018, 01:57:49 am »

It’ll be interesting if that’s ok to wear or if she did need permission to do so. I don’t care if she’s engaged to Harry as she’s a woman on the make and acting like the celebrity she think she is. It’s all about her being on centre stage and Harry being off stage. She’s a public figure and not a future royal IMO. So she might’ve ticked of 2 future King’s today; Wills for this Hollywood outing that upstaged his 2 engagements and Charles for wearing his pattern without permission.

When a pattern has a 'name' associated with it such as this one she will definitely need Charles' permission to wear it. It is only available for those to whom he has given permission so either she had a new outfit made with his permission or someone else he has given permission to lent it to her but whatever there is no way she is wearing it without Charles' express permission.

Sorry about the misunderstanding about the use of the word 'check'. For some reason I assumed that all English speakers used that term to describe these sorts of patterns - one where there pattern is largely a mixture of squares.

One of the fun things with using an English board when there are so many versions of English (George Bernard Shaw said it best I think 'Britain and America - two great nations separated by a common language).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 02:00:24 am by meememe » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2018, 02:25:37 am »

NO way IMO would Meghan wear that without Charles permission. She would IMO not be that reckless.  The royals are very strict about such matters.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2018, 03:55:05 am »

Nor would Harry allow her to be so reckless. He knows the protocol on things like this and knows what a stickler for protocol his father is.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2018, 04:21:10 am »

^True, but she's broken a few like writing in the child's book, taking selfies and rudely interupting Harry when he was speaking to the staff at the radio station and the constant clining onto him. He public engagements are Hollywood affairs not royal ones. I bet she's thrilled to have an attractive blonde woman specifically picked by Harry to work in his private office for her.  tehe

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2018, 04:31:47 am »

I suspect that she wore this pattern without permission. If asked - she'll probably say that she didn't know but I bet you she did.. not following brf, and not knowing anything about this family, yet asking for a Christmas walk, going to the same places where Diana did, asking for the Spencer tiara in a blind. She's definitely playing "I didn't know" yet, I can't help thinking that she knows.
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2018, 10:16:31 am »

I would think that if she was allowed to walk at Christmas, etc that she can wear the tartan if she asked. Why would Charles say no anymore than he said no to her at Christmas, or being divorced, older, American, etc. To the family, she is a part of it now even before the wedding. I assume they assume they will be married so it makes no difference. I don't know about the rules of the Spence tiara, but if she wanted it, they'd probably let her for Harry. Just seems to be the way it is now

The only constant is change.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2018, 12:18:29 pm »

^Who’s the crazy lady in that pic?  I don’t mean Sparkles.

No idea!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: