Royal Gossip
April 22, 2019, 05:49:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pippa: The Other Midd Girl 2018  (Read 33587 times)
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #640 on: November 13, 2018, 11:42:46 pm »

It has been said that Diana wanted to use Arthur as the first name for William but Charles vetoed it, iirc.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #641 on: November 13, 2018, 11:55:12 pm »

Ive read it was the other way round. Diana wanted Oliver at first. That was turned down, obviously. Charles wanted Arthur and/or Albert, which Diana said was 'too old-sounding'. They eventually compromised on William and Charles chose the middle names.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #642 on: November 14, 2018, 01:08:42 am »

Diana did not want the name Arthur. I don't think she would have wanted Oliver because of it being the first name of Oliver Cromwell.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #643 on: November 14, 2018, 01:36:50 am »

Jesus Christ, when is this woman going to quit trying so much? The aristos are not going to accept her as one of their own and the aristos are not going to just let her push her way in. She has the ability to lead a flawless life and the more she pushes, the more she's going to get a negative reaction out of them. When the Percy family lawyer went into the fray, Pippa backed off and she should have accepted that as a RED FLAG that she wasn't going to 'happen' socially. She wasn't wanted by them and she should have settled down quietly a lot sooner. There's something about her that is unwilling to accept that she would never be part of that set and that the social life she had during uni didn't mean that she was welcome to continue at it and fact is, it's plain creepy how she tried to move a four year blip on her life's radar into something that entitled her to move into their non-uni lives post graduation. I mean really, creepy as heck all.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
SouthernBelle
gossip insider

« Reply #644 on: November 14, 2018, 02:00:33 am »

I guess Pipster can’t just relax and enjoy her life without wanting more! 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #645 on: November 14, 2018, 02:57:47 am »

She's cursed; it's a curse to want something that one is never going to be able to have and I believe that it's going to end ugly for her. I think her husband will get fed up with her ambition and will get sick of supporting her brother and I am dead certain that he will start getting upset if she starts putting her kid in magazines for coverage.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Demeter
courtier

« Reply #646 on: November 14, 2018, 03:40:23 am »

Thanks for correcting my foggy memory! You're right, of course. That's what I get for speed-posting on too little sleep, too much tea, and too much travel.  sorry

As for Pippa, I do wish she could simply be at peace. She deserves it, with everything going on in her sphere. Just relax, enjoy her baby, and be. Somehow, though, I think she's still got that voice in the back of her head that yearns to please her mother. I hope she will fight it, and simply be pleased with herself for whatever reasons feel more organic to her.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #647 on: November 14, 2018, 03:48:58 am »

I think Pippa has been in a lot of pain over it. Her trying to get into the French aristo set resulted in that gun scandal and she was left exposed while the others fled to their family estates and kept quiet until things cooled down. The Percy clan sicced a lawyer on her and only that got her to back off.

Thing is, I do not pity her. I'm more than a little sure that she has been a complete snot to those around her and I am certain that she was more than happy to mistreat people. I remember reading about how she hired that handler and she was almost engaged to her boyfriend during the royal engagement, but she ran after Harry and Percy during the aftermath of the wedding and had the GALL to abuse her ex and his family after he got fed up with her BS and broke up with her.

She did more than a little damage to a lot of people around her and frankly she's no victim. She should be aware by now that the doors are shut in her face and so she has no business trying yet again by giving her children pretentious names and grooming them to get to the next social level. It'll only result in more trouble and rejection.

FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #648 on: November 15, 2018, 11:50:53 pm »

What more can Philippa want? She has a handsome husband and a son. She is the sister of a future Queen Consort of Great Britain.

Really A Baron
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #649 on: November 16, 2018, 12:27:33 am »

Someone like Pippa, I don't think anything will ever be enough. I think she is craving some kind of status that she wants in her own right. She has a handsome husband with a son and is the sister of Queen Consort of Great Britain, but she wants the life of being able to have titles and vast money and the 80's life. I think she also seeks to be revriginized and made into some kind of 'proper lady' that will cure her mother's self loathing and seeks some kind of mythical land where everything will be okay and she will never be haunted by her past and liberated from that crazed ambition that infects her. I also think her mother is breathing down her neck to find someone for James (her brother) and get him a title and money. She got him a job, she did try to get him help for his ventures, but she couldn't help him succeed. I think Carole is still hassling Pippa to make some kind of miracle for James, but it just isn't happening.

Demeter
courtier

« Reply #650 on: November 16, 2018, 02:54:59 am »

This might be OT, but what on earth can Pippa do for James? It's not like she can set him up with some poor girl.

I think, in all honesty, Pippa wanted to be a celebrity wife, but you know, with a title she could, in some mythical way, lord over mere mortals. Never mind the fact that most men with titles have been raised to expect and want actual partners and women who work and will do something to contribute to the world rather than toss book contracts to the wind and blow people off.

I think she would have been happier as some kind of WAG.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #651 on: November 16, 2018, 03:07:08 am »

I do too. She and Waity both were born WAG's.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #652 on: November 16, 2018, 05:26:23 am »

This might be OT, but what on earth can Pippa do for James? It's not like she can set him up with some poor girl.

This is how the Midds operate: Kate got the prince and Pippa got a book contract, the ability to plan the wedding and get press for that; then Pippa got invites and freebies and it is likely that Kate set Pippa up with a few well heeled men. Then go figure, Pippa blew it all on making a mess of her life. Either way, Pippa did help Kate along to get that ring and Kate paid her back through giving Pippa various opportunities. Now that Pippa has her ring and her money/perks/connections via her husband, Pippa is now required to help James get what he wants (money, perks, a wife he can leech off of) and I wager that Pippa has been struggling. Pippa did manage to get James investors for his dolt business, but that didn't pan out, so Pippa got her brother that job and now she's still tasked with finding him a wife.

I think, in all honesty, Pippa wanted to be a celebrity wife, but you know, with a title she could, in some mythical way, lord over mere mortals. Never mind the fact that most men with titles have been raised to expect and want actual partners and women who work and will do something to contribute to the world rather than toss book contracts to the wind and blow people off.

Thing is, aristo men usually have their personal lives mapped out before uni and prefer to basically just go through uni and get out and reconnect with their family and go through a routine courtship and then get married. Pippa was never part of that pre-uni life and she might have roomed with them in uni, she might have gone to their castles and palaces, but she was never one of them before and therefore was not at all in any kind of running or consideration. For a lot of them, life doesn't end or begin after marriage, it is part of their life, which is much broader than Pippa would perhaps wish to be part of. Second, I'm certain that Pippa would have issues understanding that the family fortune isn't there to be spent on her family, on jet setting, or on anything like that. It's there to be added to and passed down.

I think she would have been happier as some kind of WAG.

If any footballer would have wanted her; she would compete with prettier, richer (in their own right or via their families), and far more educated and pleasing.

I really think it's horrible that Pippa, with all her athleticism, didn't think to build a career and fortune as an athlete who does sponsored marathons and other events. She would be famous in her own right and probably very wealthy and she would be even admired for her prowess. Instead she threw it all away on being a user and fundamentally very selfish woman. She never really needed a man to get wealth since as an athlete she could be both rich and famous.

Little light
Countess

« Reply #653 on: November 16, 2018, 02:26:54 pm »

That last paragraph, KF, sums up Pippa succinctly.  It's her fatal flaw, her hamartia. (A fatal flaw of a hero/ine which leads to their downfall).

I've said it before, but if she used half her energy that she used chasing a man to get a ring on her finger to pursue her own career, she'd be independently wealthy, respected and accepted in her own right.

And she wouldn't need to rely on a man and his whims to enjoy the lifestyle she lives now. Plus it would give her economic and therefore emotional freedom to enjoy her life. Why emotional freedom? If things didn't work out between her and her other half, she'd have the money to leave and live her life on her own terms. And she'd still get to keep all of the money she had honestly earned.

Instead she chased a title, lost it, (Percy family), then married James. She may well be happy, but I'm sure she'd be happier with an old title, not a recently purchased one.

Just my 2 cents' worth.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #654 on: November 16, 2018, 03:36:31 pm »

The Middleton’s Life Goal is very simple and 2/3 accomplished:  Get to a place where someone else pays for everything.

She’s done just fine if that’s your yardstick in life.  It’s a mistake to project what most people who are successful would want with how these people operate.

Not one child of Ma/Pa Midds has used their degree.  They all look outside for support.  Pippa may be the only member who has come closest to seeing a human being work for a living, really.  And she will never have to work a day of her own life.  That is true success to them.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #655 on: November 16, 2018, 04:19:10 pm »

Yooper, given how the world has shown itself to work, she will never have to work unless her husband decides to end the marriage. Children have NEVER been a guarantor of marital security and each day/month/year Pippa lives will be one filled with uncertainty. Wives supported by their husbands are never secure, except in rare circumstances. Pippa is going to be only as good as she is useful to her husband in landing clients and gaining contracts for his business; I think she might not know this and her constant climbing will not help her marriage if she ignores her husband or gets herself in a compromising situation. She will have to watch her husband at every turn and hope he doesn't fall for a colleague or secretary or simply fall for someone he met on a business trip. She is always vulnerable.

These days, courts are not going to force (or be able to in some cases) a man to pay for lifetime alimony and if a man is clever enough, he can hide assets and argue that Pippa is still capable of learning new skills and earning a living using those skills. Lump settlements can be generous, but Pippa wants to live in a grand style and she has no way of leveraging the kid to get ample child support since men like her husband are smart about arranging a way to prevent her from freeloading off of the kid. I am also sure that if it came down to divorce, no one would take Pippa in to give her a place to live and I am certain her mother would disown Pippa for 'failing' to hold on to her marriage. I am also certain that the press would turn on her and Pippa would turn to the aristocracy, who would tell her (for the millionth time) to bug off.

Pippa is not safe and not secure and her husband might be tolerant now, but thing happen that can flip lives into the other side of life very quickly.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #656 on: December 01, 2018, 10:44:25 pm »

Profits slashed at James Matthews's Hedge Fund, according to this recent report. Don't think he's rattling the begging bowl just yet though.

https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/profits-slashed-at-hedge-fund-run-by-pippa-middletons-husband-20181130
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #657 on: December 01, 2018, 11:46:52 pm »

^^Perhaps but I doubt it’s all that dire for her future.  Her BIL is a wall of enormous protection.  She’d have to really royally muck things up and she’s just not that stupid nor eager to blaze/work for a life of her own.  Not a chance.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #658 on: December 01, 2018, 11:56:04 pm »

William is her protection, but he is not going to be the next king, Charles is. If Charles decides to cut the Midds out once he is King, William will not be able to do anything. I do not think Charles will tolerate the Midds freeloading and I think Charles has his own way of cleaning house. I am also sure that he hates the Midds and he might in fact help William out of his marriage (if that is what William wants) and he will wipe the floor with the pack of them.

Profits slashed at James Matthews's Hedge Fund, according to this recent report. Don't think he's rattling the begging bowl just yet though.
https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/profits-slashed-at-hedge-fund-run-by-pippa-middletons-husband-20181130

I do wonder about her husband's business; slashed profits for his business might translate into a downgrade in her lifestyle and spending. Hedge Funds are one of many and with the increasing instability of the economy I think he will likely downgrade his living if he has to. I also wonder more about his operations and other such issues. I mean a man who has a business that relies on his reputation, his marrying Pippa would make me question his character.

Val
Princess

« Reply #659 on: December 02, 2018, 12:04:27 am »

^

There were many similar comments at the time of the wedding ie why trust his judgement with your money when he has been sucked in by the midds and Pips had an alleged reputation of bed hopping all across London
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: