Royal Gossip
October 19, 2018, 09:57:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2018  (Read 9802 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2018, 09:25:06 pm »

^^ Yeah, I think it was said that Diana was the one who chose her sons' schools and education. And I think Charles let her, as the schools seemed much better than what he was sent to. But anyway, it was said that the education was up to her.

^ That is the one thing the military is so good at, when service was compulsory (1 to 3 years or whatever the length was countries had), it did straighten many young men out.... But I do find it cruel to send kids off to boarding school, esp when far away, with Eton they could at least pop over occasionally and whatnot.
The whole family is a train wreck, what is one more! tehe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »

If Harry had lived on base and actually lived with his fellow soldiers I am sure he would be a much different man. He wouldn't have been getting into half as many messes and I am certain that he would have a better set of friends and might even be decent enough to attract someone decent. He might in fact have had a real career in the military and have actual credibility.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 10:14:12 pm »

^Harry did live on base with his fellow soldiers of the Army Air Wing, at a base in Suffolk as well as in Afghanistan. He lived on base at Camp Bastion there on his second tour of duty. He shared a tent with the Apache crew he served with.

On his first tour he was based with Ghurka soldiers who were on the front line and he and they came under fire. It was written in bios on Harry and the men he served with were interviewed. I know people who were on that base in Suffolk with him and remember him. He was in the same quarters as everyone else and was there for several years.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 10:20:58 pm »

He could have avoided clubbing and jet setting then; he wasn't living on base when he was in Vegas, unless there are in fact barracks there in the posh hotels.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2018, 10:25:51 pm »

But he also bent the rules and was with Chels off-base in a rented house or cottage when it was strictly forbidden for soldiers of his rank (students basically I think).
Like Will lived in a "small cottage" on Anglesey, which was actually quite a big house. And he rarely turnt up for work. Or when it was forbidden for students to live outside of the dorms at St Andrews, but Bill got his way and could move into a "small house" with his friends, amongst them Waity, a lot sooner than any other of his peers. And like he could switch his major when as per rules no one could...

Official rules are one thing, but adhering to them and not getting any extra treatment is a whole other thing.. They always claim they are treated "like everyone else" and they don't take freebies bla, but we have evidence to the contrary and they have been busted.

Some also say that H was a lot safer and (for a lack of a better word) "coddled" compared to his fellow soldiers. Whilst others claim that it wasn't so, but frankly I don't believe that a rich, (influential) dynastic family lets one of their sprogs off to a war zone without extra security measures. The idea that he was allowed to go at all is ridiculous imo.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2018, 10:58:05 pm »

I remember that. When Harry shared a cottage with Chelsy it was for a tank course on Salisbury Plain, a course which was about two months in length. Harry was a lieutenant then, he was always an officer not an ordinary soldier, and during that training course young officers were allowed to live off base.

I don't know how, when Harry was in a helicopter in Afghanistan, security was going to prevent any surface to air missiles being launched, and the Taliban did have that weaponry. They can blow anything and anyone to smithereens, whether a Prince or not. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2018, 11:13:24 pm »

If Harry wanted to continue to set a good example as officer, he should have lived on base and basically bonded with soldiers there. Just because he could live off base, doesn't mean that he should have taken advantage of it. He should have lived on base with his men and made it a point to take his career seriously.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2018, 11:23:14 pm »

Oh dear. This tank course was about two months long. Other young officers were living off base for it. Harry was in the army and air wing for ten years. Apart from this tank course and when he did royal duties he was on base, not with 'his men' but in the designated officers quarters.

Harty did bond with the soldiers and with people he flew with. Fellow soldiers were interviewed and there were plenty of complimentary comments in bios and in articles about him mucking in with his fellows. Far more than there were such articles about William.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2018, 01:01:20 am »

Oh. I do think that it'll be entertaining seeing Harry and Meg try to take the world stage by storm; it's not like either is aware of how loathed they are and Harry's new position as Head of the Commonwealth will surely end up having both trying to make changes and back alley treaties.

CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2018, 01:56:12 pm »

Personally, I think Eton is a good school and Eton wasn't the problem. Eton was whatever the boys wanted to make of it. The problem was that the adults in their lives didn't hold them to a higher standard. If Charles and Diana - and even more so Charles as Diana had passed on very early in - had told the teachers that they didn't expect their children to have special treatment and expected them to work hard, then it could have turned out differently. Actually, strike that. If William and Harry knew that it was unacceptable to bring home trash grades, they would've worked very hard and sought out help instead of doing the bare minimum. I'm in education, so I've seen it for myself and I'd say that most students who know that education is not important to their parents and that there will be no consequences if they do poorly in school do not bother to work hard and achieve academically.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2018, 06:12:40 pm »

Landmines charity supported by Princess Diana and Prince Harry 'habitually paid prostitutes for sex in Africa'
None of the incidents involved British staff or citizens.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5432183/Charity-supported-Princess-Diana-used-prostitutes.html#ixzz58922HEzv
People are really sick.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2018, 06:27:43 pm »

This is really the last thing that anyone in the RF needs right now. It looks bad for Harry and I am certain that this has displeased the palace PR.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2018, 06:30:43 pm »

^^ Good gawd, is there any industry or organization left at all in this world that isn't knee deep in a sex/ drug/ corruption scandal??  sly
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2018, 07:23:57 pm »

I'm surprised that Harry isn't more interested in helping his people instead of helping the Third World.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2018, 07:40:16 pm »

some of these charities can be so shady you really have to watch them like hawks they go into these countries wanting to help ,but yeah they help all right they help themselves to the citizens by abusing them

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Val
Princess

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2018, 04:32:57 pm »

Interesting article in the news about a man who was taken to court as his pet pug gave a paw like Nazi salute!   Prince Harry's name came up in the media re his wearing of a Nazi uniform at a party some years ago.

A typical comment below

'Are they now going for all the WW2 re-enactment societies and prosecute the actors who are wearing Nazi uniforms?  What about films, plays, etc, where the actors have to play the parts wearing these costumes?  Will the IWM, the RAF Museum and other similar museums have to take down their exhibits?  Where will the kind of inane persecution end?

Meanwhile, the grooming, the sexual assaults and the killings of young white girls continues...and the Police are told to turn a blind eye to the Muslim communities.

What a crazy world we live in!'
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2018, 05:05:18 pm »

^crazy indeed. What’s up with cotowing to the crazy elements in the Muslim communities that do that kind of thing? What’s wrong with the UK allowing thes kinds of things to happen and the “no go” areas. Sorry, but i’m tired of hearing about Harry’s Nazi uniform for a costume party being brought up when more pressing and damaging things are going on.  sauer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2018, 06:56:37 pm »

Kensington Palace
‏Prince Harry is to become Patron of 'Walk Of America', the latest expedition from the armed forces charity @supportthewalk and will formally launch the expedition at an event in London on Wednesday, 11 April.
This summer a team of six veterans from the USA and the United Kingdom will walk 1,000 miles from the west to the east coast of America in 14 weeks.
The Walk Of America will tell the stories of wounded veterans and their journeys from injury to the present day, and encourage a  conversation around veteran mental health. The expedition will also raise vital funds for veterans both sides of the Atlantic.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »

They should change the abnouncement to hoping for the campaign to go viral but most likely will be a pre-written sugary articles.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2018, 10:22:19 pm »

Prince Harry becomes patron of Walk Of America expedition set to raise funds for wounded veterans (and the 1,000-mile hike will begin in Meghan's former home LA)
Kensington Palace said Harry's fiancée Meghan will not be joining the prince at the engagement.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5582779/Prince-Harry-patron-Walk-America-expedition.html
The circus has to come to an end because his charities has to be suffering as he’s taking a beating still being linked to the vapid one. The comments are scathing towards him because of it. At least she won’t be there next week in person so that’s a relief for all concerned.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: