Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 04:02:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2018  (Read 13243 times)
rosielinks and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 09:54:26 am »

Prince Harry to take Commonwealth role

Prince Harry will take on an official leadership role with the Commonwealth in a bid to attract new generations to the organisation.

In a significant boost to his ­position within the royal family — and in an effort to cement the ­monarchy’s ties to the member nations — Harry is expected formally to accept a new role at the Commonwealth heads of government meeting in London, which will run from April 16 to 20.

Senior royal sources confirmed that the prince will play a leading part at the summit, which is to be hosted by the Queen. She has been head of the Common­wealth since her coronation in 1953. Heads of all the 53 member nations are expected to attend.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/prince-harry-to-take-commonwealth-role-f98q9qc22

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 11:04:50 am »

I am very glad to see this. Harry is very much a people person. Others respond to him very well and anything that Harry can do to strengthen those Commonwealth ties between the 54 nations he will do to the best of his ability, I'm sure. Good that he is being given a formal official role to play at this CHOGM too.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 05:41:27 pm »

He won't be able to do anything. MM might help in this case, but she doesn't get it really either being an American. The Commonwealth is eventually going to get another Head of State other than the British Monarchs. That is a done deal. The world is changing and they won't last in this next change..not the way they are. And it is a good thing. Look at whose is up for the throne.

The only constant is change.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 05:59:52 pm »

I think the BRF made the mistae of taking the commonwealth countries for granted;assuming that they'd alays be part of them as the monarch being head of state. Trouble started to brew prior to Harry going on the Caribbea our in 2016. there was that #notmyprince movement where the royal family was seen as white rich elitist continuing the ovature of colonist rule. IMO, that's why MM was still around and that ridiculous statement was issued and why she's still around today; all to show theose countries that the royals are inclusive and can be seen just like the common man. I think the major hurdle's been crossed now that Harry's been appointed this position and Charles looks like he'll succeed his mum being named the head of state. Now MM should be discarded as she's not an influence or cares about the young people and Harry should be seen out and about being busy in regards to his new psition and especially emphasis the touble that's plaging the British youh sun as homeless, drug use and mental illness. It would make sense to have him take an interest in The Princes Trust as that charity was set up by Charles to help the youth.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 07:25:16 pm »

I had read that Kate was accepted as they needed a commoner to show they are not elitist. And now MM to show Commonwealth non white nations that they accept race. Why should the BRF have this position now anyway. They don't collect tax from them nor do they rule. Why not stop the campaigning and let the countries be free of them. Who needs them really. Canada can change their institution. I read it would be more difficult for Canada to get rid of them but I can't remember why. Charles is going to be a disaster and he should not be allowed that position. I am not sure Harry is a diplomat. He is a socializer but that is different. I don't think he is a diplomat or he would not have done the antics he has done. He is a wild card in the end. Look at his choice of a wife.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 07:43:42 pm »

^ Well, if going by that angle, then I'd say desperation, so these nations remain 1. part of the commonwealth, and 2. keep the Winds as their "heads". Prestige by saying they still "rule" over so many nations, incl exotic dream places for holidaying in the Caribbean and 1st world countries like Canada and Australia.

Harry's been very good at schmoozing, whether that'll stay so with M we shall see.

Imo though it's pointless. Pretty sure they made their minds up and as has been said for ages, they'll ditch the Winds once Liz kicks the bucket. They should graciously accept that fact and be glad they can keep their heads intact, their fortune and not be exiled from any of these places; plus still lording over the peasants in the UK.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 07:45:45 pm »

IF Harry had been assigned a representative post earlier on, away from London, I think he would have turned out better.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 11:30:55 pm »

Both William and Harry were neglected in their education and in their adult lives. They both should have been taught multiple languages. Have nannies or tutors that only speak to them in that language, like that little 5-year-old Russian girl who speaks 7 languages (all six UN languages + German). I know military service is traditional, but it's not practical, as they need protection officers around them at all times. I think Harry should have had more help in school (D student with that much money to afford a private tutor? got held back a year?). William should have studied other subjects besides Geography at university, due to his role as future king, and if Harry did better in school he could have gotten into university, too.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 11:42:02 pm »

I'll never understand why these princes are shoved towards military 'careers' when it is clear that it's not going to go anywhere. Clearly though, Harry never did want to even bother bettering himself at all, so a university place would have been a waste.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 01:37:59 am »

^ Good point. A lot of people go to university because it's "expected" or whatever, not because they want to go there to better themselves or start a career. Lots of wasted time and money.
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 04:49:25 am »

It is never a bad idea to get educated. It doesn't hurt you.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 07:49:14 pm »

^^^ I agree, the military career path is too much of a throwback to past centuries, when leadership meant being a good warlord and knowing miltary tactics etc. Nowadays good leadership and generally leadership means being a diplomat. So no idea why they aren't taught in international relations and politics rather than Sandhurst etc.
I also find it astonishing that they speak no other language but English and weren't tutored properly throughout school, having such poor grades and what excuse do they have to have discovered H's dyslexia so very late, when the suspicion was there for years and Bea (or Eug?) was diagnosed early on. I don't understand any of that. And instead of having Bill sit down and Harry too and tutor them, they had others (their RPOs and whonot) do their homework and papers. Embarrassing.
All their peers know several languages, even the new generation are all raised at least bilingual (the Swedes as just one example, but also the Spanish and Dutch kids). They have a shyte tonne of money and all the resources and connections and yet failed to raise the heir and spare properly. It is beyond unbelievable.

One thing is (almost) irrelevant though: Harry's grades in relation to university entry. Harry could have made it into uni in spite of his grades, just like his uncle Ed did and most of his family and like Bill got his degree on merit of who he is, rather than academic capability.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 07:54:30 pm »

wasnt william a good studant at eton?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 08:40:32 pm »

^ Not really, if I remember right, but definitely better than Harry, which frankly wasn't too hard to accomplish. However good he may have been at Eton, that tanked at uni and he had tonnes of help. His work was done by others and he got his degree based on who he is. Frequent reports of him sleeping during classes at uni and similar. He also wanted to drop out after his 1st semester or year and was persuaded by Charles to stay, so he got special treatment and changed his major when it was too late for everyone else and wouldn't have been allowed, from History of Art to Geography, and St Andrews was desperate to keep him for added prestige so accomodated him massively, incl handing out an undeserved degree. He was also specially allowed to move out of the dorm and the same treatment was extended to Katiekins.

The Windsor's academic careers are shoddy at best. sigh
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2018, 09:36:07 pm »

If Harry weren't so focused on being too cool for showing respect for himself, I am certain he would be better off.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 04:19:56 am »

I am wondering if Eton was the best choice for them. I know Charles sent his sons there because he wanted to go there (he went to his father's school and hated it there) but I wonder if they would have benefited from going to Gordonstoun. It seems like Gordonstoun is more disciplined. Or maybe too much fiction from 'The Crown'? Also, Peter and Zara went there and it would have been cool for them to go to school with their cousins.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 07:46:27 am »

^ Gordonstoun was pretty accurately depicted, incl. Charles's and Philipp's time there. It's definitely a "different courses for different horses" kind of thing, some thrive under certain circumstances, others fold. Harry always says how the military and the discipline was good for him and kind of changed him for the better, an effect many men experienced when military service used to be compulsory. I think Diana wanted them to go to Eton too, and Charles for the reason you say as well, incl that it was close to home, so they weren't too far away.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 04:42:02 pm »

I am wondering if Eton was the best choice for them. I know Charles sent his sons there because he wanted to go there (he went to his father's school and hated it there) but I wonder if they would have benefited from going to Gordonstoun. It seems like Gordonstoun is more disciplined. Or maybe too much fiction from 'The Crown'? Also, Peter and Zara went there and it would have been cool for them to go to school with their cousins.

Both needed that discipline and I do believe that both were way too pampered as kids.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 07:40:28 pm »

i dont believe diana will have agreed to send her sons to Scotland. it was choice her sons going to Eton. it's said she'd told harry he'll follow william at eton. i read she liked eton for her sons because if you arent good in sports no one cares for you there, then the boys will be liked for their own merit. i read william was a great student and even wore colorful vests that the very good students are allowed to.

Gordonstoun - a very COLD choice of philip and anne - but not surprising i'm afraid sigh

PS. Johnnie and Charles Spencer went to Eton
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:48:06 pm by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2018, 07:52:34 pm »

Am I the only person who enjoys this train wreck? Harry is literally heading for a wall and the minute that ring is on Meg's finger, it'll formally be all over for him, despite the pro-royal hype from the sycophants. As for Diana, I think she didn't always have the best focus; Gordonstoun would have ended up instilling discipline that both needed. Just because Charles hated it, does not mean that it wouldn't have given each prince the upbringing that Eton never did instill. Eton pampered them and enabled their idiocies that has led to each prince making the biggest mistakes of their lives and I am certain that Gordonstoun would have turned them into the mature young men that would have been tested, drilled, and a lot more immune to women like Kate and Meghan.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: