Royal Gossip
January 18, 2018, 05:43:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry: Press Articles & Random Chat 2018  (Read 990 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: January 03, 2018, 07:40:14 am »

flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:18:45 am »

Revealed: How Charles stepped aside to let Harry become a BBC Radio star (So is THAT why his son invited him on his show?)
One issue that rankled particularly was that having arranged briefings for William on the internal workings of the Duchy of Cornwall, which he will one day inherit, William never bothered to discuss them with his father afterwards.
‘Charles always hoped that one of his sons would have wanted to take on one of his organisations, such as the Prince’s Trust, but there’s always been a reluctance,’ says one of the Prince’s circle.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5240757/How-Charles-stepped-aside-let-Harry-radio-star.html#ixzz53N3NUzXg
IMO, the Princes Trust should be taken over by Harry since it's focus is to help those less fortunate.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:27:09 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 12:44:15 pm »

Harry really has to stop trying to show off and to be some kind of "personality".

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
courtier

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 04:34:52 pm »

On a serious note what kind of personality does Harry really have. He's not that bright and he likes to hunt,smoke,drink and party with the guys.  Is he even interesting to be around other than the fact is Prince Harry. I'm just curious if anyone has an opinion.

The only constant is change.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 05:10:26 am »

Tragedy of Harry's band of brothers: How battlefield trauma affected the soldiers the prince served with in Afghanistan - including one who killed himself
This shocking revelation comes as The Mail on Sunday joins forces with Lord Dannatt, a former head of the British Army, in a campaign to dramatically improve the provision of mental healthcare for serving soldiers, a service which medical experts say is ‘on its knees’ due to spending cuts.
Prince Harry is also committed to improving mental healthcare for traumatised veterans.Last night, the campaign was backed by Warrant Officer Hunt’s parents Maria and Derek Hunt, from Lincoln, who also expressed concerns that more troops could take their own lives unless Government Ministers invest in the healthcare needs of traumatised troops.
They also claim the stigma surrounding mental health issues in the Armed Forces persuades members of the Army, Navy and RAF to suffer in silence rather than seek help.
Comment:
Peeley, Somerset, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Why do we accept this? Harry lives high on our taxes - palaces, holidays, private healthcare, the finest food, £56,000 dresses for his fiancé - even though he is 6th in line and does the bare minimum of work (which you and I know is not really work). Whilst these men - these brave, brave men who saw REAL conflict, unlike Harry - spiral out of the army to homelessness, no support from our shockingly underfunded mental health services/NHS, etc. Our taxes go to the wrong people
  eating cookies thumbsup 
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5266735/Harrys-war-without-end.html#ixzz548G5suny

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
courtier

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 04:39:41 pm »

Peeley Somerset brings up a good point. Take away the duchies from Prince Charles and give that money back to the public and you can give the soldiers mental health care. Prince Charles is not a multi multi-millionaire so is Prince William and so is Prince Harry. They don't need the extra dutchie Monies and the public does so they should pass a law and take that away from them so they don't become richer and the English people have more funds for their soldiers and their poor and the regular citizens that are struggling. But the British have to do it other than that Harry gets the party on the taxpayers payroll and continue to collect money from his father that should really go to the public. But the British will do what they want and they will carry on and keep a stiff upper lip while starving.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:25:09 am »

Is Harry self destructing?

I saw this comment and thought it was poignant:

Lately, Harry reminds me very much of his mother in the last few months of her life - Seemingly losing the plot, then making one bad decision after another, keeping close company with people someone in her position should never be associated with, and no regard for how it affected those close her. Lets hope it ends better for Harry.

I hope someone stages an intervention.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 09:12:39 am »

Prince Harry seems perfectly happy to me, in love with Meghan and looking forward to his marriage.

This is an article quoting a fellow soldier who served with Harry on his first tour of duty in Afghanistan. He recalls Harry and himself having to perform first aid on villagers, some of whom had limbs hanging off, following a Taliban rocket attack. He wonders whether Harry gets the same flashbacks he still does.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/revealed-how-prince-harry-carried-11849642
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 10:10:23 am »

^I agree Rosella.Its been a long time since i saw him this happy.

On a serious note what kind of personality does Harry really have. He's not that bright and he likes to hunt,smoke,drink and party with the guys.  Is he even interesting to be around other than the fact is Prince Harry. I'm just curious if anyone has an opinion.

Dont know if hes interesting but then again none of the other royals are to be honest.Out of the royals of his generation he seems to be the one with the best personality.He seems to have a very fun side.There are many people if not most on his circle that does the same things no wonder hes very popular.Thats basically his personality as well as he clearlly has a big heart and care about others it seems.I do think is a good personality honestlly.Dont see anything wrong or terrible about him honestlly.
lesken
courtier

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 02:54:42 pm »

Hey thanks for answering that question Camila are you the only one that has.  He seems to have a nice personality but from my perspective I would never have a friend that parties,smokes, and hunts like he does. I'd be lecturing them too much of the time and it would ruin our friendship. And I do like to have higher abstract conversations with people that I don't think he would be able to handle. But at a reception or something I'm sure he would be a nice person to talk with for brief time. And if I were fighting a war he wouldn't be a bad person to be in line with me. Other than that there isn't a royal family member I'd want to have much to do with as a person. Like I said in one thread my cousin was at a horsing function with Princess Anne. They had tents next to each other and they talked about sausages. I would have been so bored cuz I don't eat meat and definitely not pig. I'm not Jewish I'm just really against people eating pigs because they are intelligent. I have heard from my cousin that William and Kate are supposed to be a lovely but very boring couple to be around. And I don't know that I would like to be around Meghan and Harry because Harry is too much of a guy's guy for me and I would have to feed Megan's ego way too much for my taste. That is just my honest opinion of those too as people but it is fun to post about them.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 03:18:54 pm »

I've heard from two separate people who know Harry, that he is in fact a very intense person who takes his charities like Invictus immensely seriously. Harry the clubber and party prince has been very much exaggerated by the media. Jamie LP, the Princes' secretary in the early days, said that half the time when the tabloids said he was out rabble rousing in the clubs he was at home, and he knew that for a fact.

I know people who served with him who stated that he was in fact a very humble guy who made a huge effort to get on with his men (they served with him in the Army). All the people I've known who've known and met Harry have said that he is very different from the public persona depicted in the Press,
lesken
courtier

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 03:43:13 pm »

No question he's good with his fellow soldiers cuz he's a guy's guy. And everyone I know that is involved with one  or more charities including me, let alone started them,  is intense about the cause. That is normal. And in public when he's meeting people he is going to be humble as William is and the whole lot of them because that is how they're supposed to act not self  absorbed like actresses. I'm sure he's a nice guy. But how interesting he really is other than he's been born a prince is what I was really asking. Being born a prince son of a goddess like Diana is going to give him interesting experiences at his doorstep because people are coming to him and he's thrusted in a lot of foreign places with many different types. And of course those experiences are interesting to hear about. But aside from that I don't know how interesting he really is to know and learn from. But this was just a curious thing because we're posting about him and what we really kind of want for him. So I guess I was just thinking who is he really. If he want Prince Harry I bet money he'd be a construction worker or just a military career of some sort.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 01:38:01 am »

The Guardian's view of Harry's stint as guest editor of the Radio 4 show at Xmas time and his value as a member of the BRF.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/27/the-guardian-view-on-prince-harry-the-monarchys-best-insurance-policy
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 01:59:38 am »

Prince Harry may yet turn out to be the crown’s best insurance policy. By marrying Meghan Markle, he is linking royalty with a 21st-century celebrity who has a backstory that many people in Britain can identify with. She shares his unquestionable commitment to the subject of mental health that brought a contemplative quality to the long conversation with President Obama that is often missing from public debate.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/27/the-guardian-view-on-prince-harry-the-monarchys-best-insurance-policy
I get the mentoring part, but the quote above IMO, this view is way off base. She doesn't have a background that Britain can identify with. Since when was she passionate about mental health?  huh The only thing he can teach the younger generation regarding his involvement with her is to show themwhat blind ambition and the constant use of socal media can do to ruin a persons life as right now, she's a WAG hanging onto Harry as he's her only lifeline now. The major thing that this can teach others is that royalty and celebrity don't mix because they're not comparable because celebrity's about self promotion and royalty's about serving the people; each entity held under different standards.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:07:17 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
camilapitanga
Countess

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 01:16:10 pm »

I think what the article says to me is that she coming from a more normal, real background people can find a conexion in this.I think it makes sense.But it will obviouslly depend on how she acts after the wedding.If shes a normal person with that "common touch" it will show with time only.

Like Kate who comes from a diferent ( poor) background working familly etc but theres nothing humble or that most people can find in common with her coz in then end her parents were poor but she was a rich girl almost since her birth.She alays had it all and obviouslly always lived a luxury life.I think meghan is the same.People have this idea of the american half black girl who comes from humble background worked hard to achieve things blablabla but in the end it dont mean shes like that.She may be a snob rich women too.My opinion she will work very hard for the RF and will bring many positive things but due to her expensive taste in things and people not simpathising with her for other reasons she wont ever be recognized by whathever good stuff she may eventually does.

I see her being for kate was harry was for william his entire life:a distraction.If shes a good person and has good intentions i feel sorry for her.If shes marrying into this familly for interests as people keep saying then she will have what she deserves and probbally wont stay for too long.

@Lesken - I think he seems to be a very deep person too.But only with very close people to him.He seems to have a great heart and lost of wonds given his mother death and how he was always treated as a secondary choice for everyone.It shows through his actions he has lots of attention issues.Normally when people do a lot of *poo* is coz they jsut want attention and to feel special, be loved.Not that it justifys anything but thats a good reason anyway.

I think hes probbally very goofy and stupid maybe.But i also think he grew a lot latelly and must be a mix of things.Someone u can have fun at partys and events but also u can chat in a more reserved event.He definatelly seems to have a soft touch and an open mind for more intense conversations.Most rich people are just dull anyway laugh
Sometimes we vbuild people up coz of theyre position but when we meet them is like  bored3
The thing is these people are always too polite and nice in public the only ones who probbally will know as themselves are those very close to them.Hard to tell.But i think theyre all nice.

lesken
courtier

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 09:11:44 pm »

Goods points. I guess I'll never know.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: