Royal Gossip
August 17, 2018, 03:40:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry & Meghan visit ReprezentRadio 9 January  (Read 7289 times)
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2018, 11:03:42 pm »

watching meghan in action makes my skin crawl...fake fake fake is right, expect race wars  Embarrassed
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2018, 11:21:13 pm »

^^^ That is a great suggestion, I agree with it. That is basically how some families do it, I think the Danes and Norwegians do it like that. Maybe I'm mistaken on the families, but remember well that this approach is active in some dynasties in Europe.

I'd then also limit styles (HRH) and possible titles to eg George only, and maybe only once either Bill moves one ladder up or G reaches a certain age (eg 21).
It's enough that 1st and 2nd in line (& spouses) have HRHs and titles.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2018, 11:35:02 pm »

Yes they’ll be a race “war” because this chick’s the last person to get to help black youth. She spends her whole time being racially ambiguous except when she uses her black parent to push the race card to play victim. She’s alterered her appearance over the years to play up her white side, so how can any black person look to her and say she’s an inspiration. Why in God’s name did that woman thank her for all she’s done. She’s fake, self-serving and vapid.  bored3  Harry’s part of the Heads Together and now he can go and help the black youth because to some, the bit of black in Meghan, his fiancée, gives him the right to now assist the young black youth with legitimacy although Harry’s been doing that for years, way before she came on the scene.
Handy Harry! Hilarious moment local DJ tries to teach the Prince a new handshake during his visit to Brixton radio station with Meghan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5252237/DJ-tries-teach-Prince-Harry-new-handshake.html
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:38:10 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2018, 11:42:16 pm »

^^^ That is a great suggestion, I agree with it. That is basically how some families do it, I think the Danes and Norwegians do it like that. Maybe I'm mistaken on the families, but remember well that this approach is active in some dynasties in Europe.

I'd then also limit styles (HRH) and possible titles to eg George only, and maybe only once either Bill moves one ladder up or G reaches a certain age (eg 21).
It's enough that 1st and 2nd in line (& spouses) have HRHs and titles.

I think if they are born with the styles they should keep them. This should apply to future generations, perhaps George's future children. Since Harry already is an HRH and a Prince he should keep the HRH. It would create some weirdness in the Cambridge family if only the eldest had a title. The human element should be considered. ALl of them should not have a title if they are seniors or all of them shouldn't. Meghan and Harry should have the HRH and Harry should not be demoted.And neither should others who were born Prince or Princess. IMO. I do think that it would give incentive for H and M to pull their weight if they are not "demoted." And Charles has a vision of a scaled down monarchy and he needs enough so a fewer number of people would have to pull their weight.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:44:07 pm by sandy » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2018, 12:59:35 am »

^ Definitely for future generations, wouldn't make sense to demote people now (& as you say those born with it), also because H is very much a part of C's "slimmed down monarchy".
Also wouldn't make sense to keep for example the "HRH" from Cambs3, but if Harry has one cell in his brain, he'll opt out of having the "HRHs" given to his children, for reasons pointed out before by meememe.

I get the point of not wanting to separate the children, but others (as mentioned) are doing it and it seems to be fine, it also preps the children better imo for the future (and a lack of HRH is a better incentive for them to carve out their own future and not hang on to past glory, eg Carl P Bernadotte in Sweden and famously Margaret Windsor who couldn't handle not having an HRH, titles and grandeur).
I'd also make a point of raising the children as children and not little kings or queens (no bowing to a toddler or teenager and addressing them as "sir" or "madam")! I think that way you raise better people: they are not little special somethings to whom adults bow and scrape, but little gents and ladies like all other children who have to learn manners and respect.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2018, 01:40:35 am »

What’s the meaning of Meghan’s three rings on her right hand? Placement of thin gold bands indicate motivation, control and a newly appointed queen
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5252643/What-does-Meghan-Markles-hand-mean.html
Crazy stuff.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2018, 10:42:15 am »

^That is crazy.  I don't know that wearing a bunch of rings means anything but, for me, a thumb ring is tacky.  Just personal taste. 

Also, if it was your second time in public, representing your country and the Queen and your husband-to-be, and you knew that your picture would be all over the place, wouldn't you take extra care to look polished, professional and not camera hungry?

It doesn't make sense.  I know this is all about knocking down walls and shaking things up, but you can look well groomed doing it.  In fact, you have a better chance of success that way. 

It's the trying-too-hard factor again maybe.  "See how hip and trendy I am?"  bored3

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2018, 01:43:39 pm »

A thumb ring is cute on a 15-year-old girl.   Meggles is 36.  Thinking that the placement of rings gives her power is just what I would expect of her, however. 

It's funny that this kind of hippy/sloppy dressing was so condemned in one of Harry's previous girlfriends -- who was in her early 20s.   But now it is celebrated in this grown woman.   
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2018, 02:09:41 pm »

Meggles only need be herself to be her undoing  shifty
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2018, 02:47:09 pm »

The best thing about this disastrous visit is that the community of black people who live in the area didn’t waste their time showing up so out goes her excuse that she could do something for the black people in Britain as the idiot press have reported. She doesn’t identify with her black side and people very much see that.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2018, 02:49:52 pm »

The weird thing about her is she sloppy in some things and then overdressed and others. So I don't understand why she just can't be appropriate. Oh I know she's an idiot or something like that but really. Why is nobody advising her correctly and forcing her to be correct considering the position she's in.  And the thing I *despise* about this is you know some people are going well she's an American she can't helping tacky.

The only constant is change.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2018, 03:04:01 pm »

Crowds had gathered outside the studios of Reprezent FM and they cheered and screamed when they were acknowledged by the couple who held hands when they first arrived, and later waited in freezing conditions after the 45 minute visit overran by almost half an hour.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253937/DJ-slips-Prince-Harry-card-play-royal-wedding.html
They were only supposed to be there 15 minuets?  dontknow
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:09:45 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2018, 04:54:39 pm »

^That can't be right, a visit for only 15 minutes.  huh 30 minutes is too short as well  sly They should aim for 45 minutes or more during a visit.

In the video, I saw a man kiss Meghan's hand. Seriously? ick
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2018, 05:23:36 pm »

^since she was only there for a photo op, 15 minutes sounds about right.
‘It’s a stunt’ Locals OUTRAGED by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s first 2018 royal visit
Mike Eweje, from a local store, said: “It’s a stunt for the royal family. Did Will come here with his missus?

“I don’t think so. It’s like ‘Look at us, we’ve got a black person with us now.”
Mr Eweje believes the royal couple don't care about people living in Brixton.

He added: “People don’t care about the Royal Wedding because they don’t care about people around here.”

Another shop owner, Anita Thorpe, slammed the choice of destination as a “cliche”.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/672753/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-Brixton-Reprezent-radio-locals-angry-wedding-engagement/amp

‘She's hardly Serena Williams’ Prince Harry and Meghan Markle blasted ahead of visit today
https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/‘shes-hardly-serena-williams’-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-blasted-ahead-of-visit-today.1386806/page-2

IMO, because the local community didn’t bother to come out to see them and especially the black people that she figured would go to see her didn’t, it was a waste of a visit. The radio station might’ve gotten a bit more attention, but overall, with such a small crowd and her acting rude and to her “fans” like a Hollywood starlet, it was a massive fail.
The regular press is making up such lies calling it mania and attended by large crowds being in a frenzy.
It’s hard to see this crap continue to go on and not have the thought that Harry’s ruined himself now as he’s attached to this fake uncaring rude narc.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:34:42 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2018, 05:37:44 pm »

Here’s the correct link to my post above.

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/‘shes-hardly-serena-williams’-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-blasted-ahead-of-visit-today.1386806/

Better?  YM
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:30:47 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2018, 07:33:54 pm »

Richard Palmer reporting on his Tweet page yesterday that Harry and Meghan stayed for 25 minutes more than was scheduled in the 45 minute visit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalReporter/status/950762211508662272

Unlike Notttingham, this was not scheduled as a walkabout. I watched it on Sky from start to finish and not even the Royal reporters there could give any arrival times for Harry and Meghan due to security. Rihanna Mills, the Sky news correspondent spoke several times about the security lockdown. Viewers were kept waiting ages for the arrival and for ages after the couple went inside.

Two locals that were quoted in the Fail as being dismissive about royals in that article does not make for a wall of hatred for this couple by the local Brixton community.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2018, 08:18:13 pm »

'It was like meeting a friend... and she smelled of roses!' Young DJs reveal what it was like to meet Meghan Markle at a Brixton radio station - and say the bride-to-be is 'regal already'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5253639/DJs-say-Meghan-Markle-smelled-like-roses-regal.html
This is somewhat sad because they’re 2 young women of colour who want to look like Meghan who’s done plastic surgery and other things to play down her black side. Then there’s the issue of colourism within the black culture; that it’s better to be light skinned than to be dark as the opportunities are greater for you and you can pass as ambiguous to further push yourself ahead, but use the race card and take issues that the darker skinned black people had to endure and make them your own like Meghan has done IMO. I guess they were told to play up the visit to give the station more press attention. I hope that their programs do get funding and whatever they need because it’s helping young people see a viable future for themselves and giving them skills.
^that’s pretty bad to say that the arrival times weren’t given due to security concerns. IMO, that’s counter intuitive to the whole purpose of the visit. It’s just saying that the area’s still gritty, grimy and dangerous that extra security measures needed to be taken.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2018, 10:36:47 pm »

^Thats very enterprising of that DJ.  Worth a shot but wouldn't hold my breath, buddy.

It was a pr stunt and they know it.  There's no other phrase for it because I doubt very much that we will ever hear of Brixton again.  It's kind of insulting on so many levels to send her right away to a black community.  Too obvious.  And Harry looked kind of out of place, uncertain and, to me, unsure of himself.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:07:23 am by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2018, 01:59:11 am »

Prince Harry shows Meghan his new handshake
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FDhHLSXGoCA

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2018, 05:23:33 pm »

^Strange how Meghan began to walk behind Harry rather than continue to watch him try this handshake, must have made her uncomfortable.  laugh

My mom said to that when she saw the story of them visiting this radio station on the news she was disgusted with the how Meghan acts. She said she is doing too much, always waving and smiling for the camera. My mom also said, "Harry is going to have problems with that one!"  laugh

I was in awe at her talking about what we talk about on this site and she isn't a royal watcher but she knows that what Meghan does is ridiculous.  thumbsup
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: