Royal Gossip
December 18, 2017, 07:03:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal wedding guestbook  (Read 8181 times)
karla64
Baroness

« on: February 08, 2011, 02:13:43 pm »

if you want to leave message on guestbook..

http://abcnews.go.com/International/Royal_Wedding/fullpage?id=12510396

[
TAG Princess
gossip insider

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »

Karla, thanks for posting the link!  flower

if you want to leave message on guestbook..

About the message on the guestbook... no, thanks!  tehe

Royal Gossip
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:09:34 pm »

Only ten UK well wishers in the book so far!
About a good 2 dozen Canadians, a dozen from down under and NZ, a couple from Asia and the Caribbean, the rest is al USA well wishers!
Nearly 1500 messages and only 10 from the UK!
I know it's an American site but dang! So much for popularity in the homeland...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:11:48 am »

Maybe a lot of goodwill comes from the fact that here in the US, we don't have to pay for it. In the UK, they have to.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 10:02:15 am »

thumbsup

and she is not representing them.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 03:21:21 pm »

That too.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:44:46 pm »

Just making a cursory look, there are about 3000 messages and if you assumed that ALL were from the US, with a population of approx 300M, that ain't much to write home about.  Not many signatures from the east coast, either.  Mostly deep south or midwest, too, about which I will keep my thoughts to myself.  Yep, we don't have to pay for it is pretty much the bottom line, tho.

They will, of course, not understand that, with that many people in the country it's a pretty small margin and will take that as a signal to come here.  bignono After this wedding is over, interest will drop to zero.  We tend to be a fickle lot.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ella
Countess

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 04:15:41 pm »

Mostly deep south or midwest, too, about which I will keep my thoughts to myself.
Aww, we're not all  easter-James , promise!
Just a bit..."different".

In these parts, women 40+ still remember and like Diana and since all the press on this has been pro-Kate (just a "normal middle-class girl" who "fell in love" and such BS), most people don't know better. The midwest/south still seems to get most news via print or TV, not the internet so online stories don't have as much influence. At the same time, if she ever visits and violates some unwritten rule or does something so bad that it gets on the local news or magazines, they'll *despise* her for eternity.

Either way, good point, if they can only get congrats from .00001% of the US population and it's coming from people who don't know better, that's no good.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 04:29:43 pm »

I should've shared my thoughts re the midwest and deep south because it implied I was thinking negatively.  Not so.  I just didn't want to make assumptions, but will anyway now.  The deep south, to me, seem to take a more romantic look at things and the midwest (where I lived for quite a while), mostly take to heart what they read because they actually believe the press.  Far too trusting.  JMHO!

Everything you said, Ella, is absolutely true about us.  Re any misstep:  This is where it hits the fan with us, from where I sit.  We'll gush and glorify and ooh and aah, but if you flub up or do something, wear something, say something, however miniscule, that hits a nerve?  We'll crucify you.  Then we'll go back again and become huge cheerleaders if you enter rehab.  We love redemption stories.   

SO, BOT, don't take too much stock in the comments on the guestbook.  Some people, and probably more than you'd think, just like to see their name up there.  They probably don't even mean what they're saying or care anymore once its posted.  They moved on to a celebrity wedding or new birth or something else.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ella
Countess

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 05:02:13 pm »

^That's very true. If my mom sees it in print, it's true. Doesn't matter what comes out afterward, the initial story is true. And God forbid you use internet evidence to refute it, because even though she's only 50, she entirely technophobic so "everything on the internet is made up" unless it's from Yahoo! which is the only site she'll navigate. It's fun though, because she doesn't trust email so she still sends me cards since I'm at school and I love getting mail.

I think it'll depend on the situation as to if she can get people back on her side after a misstep, actions can be redeemed, but if she ever seems "ugly", she's screwed. My mom still dislikes Charles and Camilla and some older ladies still remember how rude Margaret was to people when she was here a million years ago.

Kate seems ugly character-wise, so I don't think it'll take long for the tide to turn. If she becomes Fergie-like, people here will still like her, so long as she isn't stuck-up or mean.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »

People haven't seen the lingerie shots in the US. We have so many entertainers so it's not like she would stand out so much. When more epopel find out, more peopel will freak out.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 05:55:26 pm »

The American people, from where I sit, haven't really taken the time to do any research on their own, so they are, as many have stated, going by the main media or tabloids.  What's interesting is that there isn't that much out there about her, so they must also be going on their own interpretation of what they 'think' the royal couple are.  Fergie gets her redemption, I believe, because she comes across as a 'cast-off' of the BRF.  If she was still a member, there would be more disdain.

Frankly, it will come down to the state of the economy and what the gov't status is at the time.  I have already seen comments from the Canadians expressing displeasure at paying for their potential visit.  From our perspective it will be, "Um, why do we care about people who don't work when we're struggling to find a job?"  And, other than showing off, what would be their political reason for coming here at all?

(My mother can't use her cell phone, so I know where you're coming from on that.)

My question, BOT, is - is there any publication of this guest book in the UK?   

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 08:23:17 pm »

My Mum is in her early 50's and emails, uses the computer and mobile phone alot. But the computer is just for emails and World Of Warcraft she never browses the internet.

My Dad bless his heart only goes as far as the PS3 but the computer  pc-problem thank goodness my little brother is there to help him or me otherwise it would have thrown out the window. He just checks emails but trust me it is a very complex task.

Alot of the older generation are only getting the newspaper version of this romance and don't look around the internet. We are not even getting updates on the news about this or on morning shows here in the UK. It is just the odd snippet in the newspaper which is barely 5% of what is on even the newspaper websites.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 03:05:12 am »

The American people, from where I sit, haven't really taken the time to do any research on their own, so they are, as many have stated, going by the main media or tabloids.

America is too busy to worry about KM. We have enough on our minds right now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: