Royal Gossip
November 21, 2018, 06:40:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan's Jewellery Box III  (Read 6027 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2018, 09:15:12 pm »

Walkabout on Fraser Island

Necklace: Adina Reyter Pavé Necklace
Necklace: Pascale Monvoisin Cauri Necklace
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/royal-tours/royal-tour-australia/meghan-harry-complete-walkabout-on-fraser-island/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2018, 06:35:16 pm »

arrived in Fiji
Earrings: Pearl & Diamond Earrings from the Queen
Bracelet: Diamond Tennis Bracelet, Gift from Prince Charles
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/royal-tours/royal-tour-australia/meghan-harry-arrive-in-fiji/

State Dinner hosted by the President of Fiji

@byEmilyAndrews
The mystery of Meghan’s earrings... all KP will say is that they’re “borrowed”. From whom, they will not say. Most likely the Queen. Quite frustrating when earlier in the day they’re happy to say jewellery that has been given both by her & Prince Charles...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqLq8xKV4AABn_u.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2018, 01:37:42 pm »

after seeing a close up of megans aqua ring I can say with certainty that it is not, not, not Diana's aquamarine ring. Diana's ring was bigger, emerald cut,  and deeper in color, and had no side stones. megans aqua is more cushion cut, lighter blue in color and has tiny little diamond accents on each side. I will try to find photos of both and post them, but its totally a different ring.  easter-bunny
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2018, 02:25:20 pm »

^Oh, please do find the difference.  She hasn’t even come close to earning it.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2018, 02:44:37 pm »

diana wearing aquamarine ring
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/close-up-ring-1526758876.png?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7f/b2/cf/7fb2cfe7246a2739bae2824948324053.jpg

megans ring
https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/image-library/partners/bang/land/1000/m/meghan-wears-princess-dianas-ring-89fadef8e13d673a4a73bad685.jpg

I see now that diana did have side accents on her ring but it still looks like different size color and cut to me. In fact megans ring looks more like a blue topaz.

It would be heartbreaking to see megan wearing dianas jewelry, and she certainly has not earned them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:46:28 pm by LadyLaura » Logged
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2018, 05:11:46 pm »

^It looks the same color, but definitely a different size. If Harry gave it to Meg then she must have had a jeweler adjust the shape from rectangular to square, but why do that?  dontknow

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2018, 07:27:36 pm »

It's the same auqa ring. Cut (emerald) and side stones and all.
The difference in colour is because photography isn't all that realiable, esp with the change of technology over the years.
In terms of size, I find the Camb tiara looked bigger on Di than K, and the butterfly earrings look bigger on M than they did on Di... But hairstyle, body size etc plays also a role and we have no reliable way to compare the 3 in terms of that, as one of them isn't here anymore and would now have a different body & hairstyle than 20-40 years ago anyway.

Bizarre that KP won't tell who lent M those earrings indeed, esp as they've been earlier just too happy to share. Either share or don't at all.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2018, 09:12:43 pm »

I disagree. To me, Diana's ring was an oblong shape whereas MM's ring looks like it is shorter and more of a square shaped ring. The colour looks darker when PD wore it, but this could be a trick of the light.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2018, 07:27:31 am »

I'm not an expert on jewels but the ring on Megan's hand looks like colored glass. Real precious stones get the light through and reflected in a sparkle not staying on the stone like in colored glass. You can see on Diana's hand how you can see even the inner side of the finger and the light goes through. Apart from that - there's difference in size, color and sizing, it seems. Not a good forgery job, me thinks.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2018, 09:36:23 am »

Diana left her jewellery to be divided between her sons' wives. She did have some costume jewellery but that is probably long gone. She didn't have that much but what she did have included a Cartier watch, sapphires and emeralds in different settings and diamond and gold jewellery.

It's quite obvious that William has given some of his mother's jewels to Kate and it's equally obvious that Harry has done the same with Meghan. We saw that she wore a pair of gold and diamond earrings of Diana's on tour only a few days ago. Meghan wore Diana's aquamarine ring on her finger on her wedding day (in the evening.)

Why would Meghan be wearing a glass ring when she's been gifted jewellery from Harry which was his mother's (as well as gifts from the Queen and the Prince of Wales.) No female in the BRF wears glass. They have more than enough inherited jewellery at their disposal.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2018, 12:15:01 pm »

Good question, why Megan has been wearing a knockoff of the aquamarine ring, why a knockoff and different shapes of the engagement ring, why no wedding and engagement rings on her fingers (more ad space, I guess) during the trip. Is this all a sham - the marriage, the baby, the whatever else.

I find it very hard to believe that Diana will leave her jewelry to the future daughter in laws. I mean - to the sons, yes, but to the daughter in laws. I don't think so. Also - it makes sense that these jewels are loaned and not gifted. Even Kate's engagement ring. She's with the family for 7 years now, officially, and possibly she can "keep it" so that she "gifts it to Char". But Megan - she's clearly in it for herself. Even Harry is not respected. If he was - the wouldn't be so shameless display of ever changing baby bump which brings a lot of speculation among people and brings H's name in the mud, BRF's alngside. No wonder Will doesn't want to have a common household with That woman.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2018, 12:22:08 pm »

^ She did leave her jewellery to her sons, who were supposed to give them to their wives for their use. Don't think ownership has changed (i.e. W&H own the stuff), but the jewels were def intended by Di to be worn by her sons' wives.

Both her sons are dolts and made questionable choices, not like Di would know this and even now her sons (esp freshly in lurve Haz) think they've done well.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2018, 12:30:30 pm »

Diana's will stipulated that her jewellery be divided between her son's for the use of their wives. It's there in the will, and the stipulations have been put online for years.

Meghan's engagement and wedding rings are probably being left off because of swollen fingers. I don't think that speculating that the engagement, wedding etc is fake is helpful when both were celebrated in the media, and the Archbishop of Canterbury, Head of the Anglican Church, conducted the ceremony in front of the BRF and hundreds of guests.

I think believing that this is a fake marriage is a desperate attempt by Tumblr people to keep themselves relevant when it has became blindingly obvious that everything that they predicted (no engagement, no wedding) since last November has turned out to be false and just plain wrong.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1411088/Diana-left-jewellery-to-her-sons-future-wives.html
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:34:18 pm by Rosella » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2018, 11:06:01 pm »

This person thinks they found where Meg's earing are borrowed from, but if that's the case why is KP being so shady on who it's from?  just saying its loan, but they don't know who from or they know and won't say whats the big deal if it belong to Princess Marina?
Also, they made a correction the pic is title wrong

Cepe Smith
‏I think I have sourced Meghan’s “borrowed” earrings.
I think the loan is from Earl Spencer.  The picture is Cynthia Spencer, Harry’ G-Grandmother (wife of 7th Earl)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr_1U_lX0AEQxUk.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr_1U_lWkAERIwh.jpg

Sorry!  I think this is a mistake.  The photograph I am used has been mistitled.  I am now thinking it is Princess Marina. 
Apologies to Everyone!

The Royal Watcher
‏@saadsalman719
Replying to @CepeSmith
That's Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, and her Girandole Earrings!

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2016/11/04/princess-marinas-girandole-earrings/

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2018, 11:21:25 pm »

Perhaps Kate Kent lent them? She's a very kind, almost saintly person by all accounts and perhaps the earrings were an on loan 'gift' to Meghan on her wedding. Some of Marina's grander jewellery might be surplus to requirements now Kate Kent is well over eighty and doesn't wear much jewellery anyway, and her children don't attend many big events.

I follow Cepe Smith quite a bit, enjoy her Twitter page.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2018, 04:54:21 pm »

This person thinks they found where Meg's earing are borrowed from, but if that's the case why is KP being so shady on who it's from?  just saying its loan, but they don't know who from or they know and won't say whats the big deal if it belong to Princess Marina?
Also, they made a correction the pic is title wrong

Cepe Smith
‏I think I have sourced Meghan’s “borrowed” earrings.
I think the loan is from Earl Spencer.  The picture is Cynthia Spencer, Harry’ G-Grandmother (wife of 7th Earl)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr_1U_lX0AEQxUk.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dr_1U_lWkAERIwh.jpg

Sorry!  I think this is a mistake.  The photograph I am used has been mistitled.  I am now thinking it is Princess Marina. 
Apologies to Everyone!

The Royal Watcher
‏@saadsalman719
Replying to @CepeSmith
That's Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, and her Girandole Earrings!

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2016/11/04/princess-marinas-girandole-earrings/

Update

Cepe Smith
‏Earlier I tweeted that I sourced Meghan’s borrowed earrings. 
I was wrong.
I was misled by a wrongly attributed photograp
apologies to all.
TY

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2018, 06:42:04 pm »

I dont know it doesnt make sense to me. It also doesnt make sense that it is a loan they cannot say where it come from.

This type of earrings are kind of common.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2018, 06:50:10 pm »

Diana left her jewellery to be divided between her sons' wives. She did have some costume jewellery but that is probably long gone. She didn't have that much but what she did have included a Cartier watch, sapphires and emeralds in different settings and diamond and gold jewellery.

It's quite obvious that William has given some of his mother's jewels to Kate and it's equally obvious that Harry has done the same with Meghan. We saw that she wore a pair of gold and diamond earrings of Diana's on tour only a few days ago. Meghan wore Diana's aquamarine ring on her finger on her wedding day (in the evening.)

Why would Meghan be wearing a glass ring when she's been gifted jewellery from Harry which was his mother's (as well as gifts from the Queen and the Prince of Wales.) No female in the BRF wears glass. They have more than enough inherited jewellery at their disposal.

Meggles has not worn any of Diana's jewelry.  That is easily seen in side-by-side photos of the pieces.  She just wants us to think she has them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: