Royal Gossip
August 21, 2018, 12:30:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan's Jewellery Box III  (Read 3977 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 04:27:41 pm »

^ that is what happened with Margaret things when she died

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 09:53:55 pm »

^ Yeah and Margaret and her kids are fairly up the line still, quite close and the loss happened very quickly, within 1 or 2 generations. Same could easily happen to Harry esp if Meghan spends as she has so far, Ralph & Russo and Cartier don't come cheap.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 01:09:25 pm »

On the question of who owns Diana's jewellery now and will in the future:

"Both rings (sapph & diamond cluster engagement ring & the aquamarine ring) were part of Diana’s small personal jewel collection — there were also aquamarine drop earrings and a charm bracelet bought by Prince Charles. Not much really, for the mother of a future King, and nowhere near the amount of jewellery the Prince has since lavished on the Duchess of Cornwall.

All the other major pieces Diana had were returned to the Royal Collection after she died, but Harry and William inherited her privately owned trinkets."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5751535/RICHARD-KAY-seat-royal-wedding-REALLY-Diana.html

What occurred to me and I forgot to write, is that jewellery and all other things royals are gifted are separated into two parts: private/ personal and official/ government. Gifts have to be stated to be personally given so that a royal can keep it. Liz has received many diamonds etc in jewellery but can't keep all as they belong to the crown.

The question that's unclear is: what belonged to Diana personally? The Saudi suite (Asprey's made) as example is likely owned by the crown. The choker might be privately owned as I think it was originally a brooch given to Di by Liz qm.

I've read a number of times that Di's personal jewellery collection was "small". So there's that.

Camz has many many more jewels, which are, crucially, privately owend by her. Charles gave her loads, amongst others the Greville stuff he inherited from Liz qm, things he bought that once belonged to her family etc etc. Camz personal jewellery collection is said to be much greater than Diana's was.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 01:11:43 pm »

I think the Greville stuff is owned bu the Queen given to Charles. Not owned by her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 02:14:55 pm »

So basically, there’s no need to worry about who’s getting what because there’s nothing much to get.

I’m not saying that to be rude to you two just expressing the overall sentiment I’m getting from it all.

Well, Diana did say that she thought the wife got the real stuff while the mistress got fake.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »

^ That didn't even come off as rude, don't worry easter-egg-basket

Yeah, it seems there isn't really much to go around. Certainly nothing more "significant" (diamonds, sapphires, suites and parures and all that).
We see Diana and all the jewellery, but what everyone, incl me, forgets, is that much was in fact lent by Liz, then a tonne of costume jewellery, then much of it were in fact state etc gifts and therefore owned by the crown (with Diana as primary "custodian" rather than "owner", so she couldn't pass any of those things on and after her death the stuff went to the rightful owner -back-, i.e. the crown and was put in the vaults) and then some of the things owned by her. The aquamarine ring was hers, but brand new. She had a Cartier trinity ring, a signet ring with the Wales feathers (and therefore it only makes sense for that to go eventually to Will/ Kate), Cartier watch(es), some bracelets (diamond & sapphire, ownership unclear), some of her pearl chokers (not too valuable actually) and the biggest nugget really is the sapphire choker. That one I'm sure she owned outright.
But! This is a fresh and good article (by The Sun!), and it speculates that the brooch (as it was originally and then turnt into the choker) has been dismantled and the two small diamonds in M's ring come from this choker (the official statement was the two diamonds came from one of her brooches, and the choker was initially a brooch). If that is true, then we won't see the choker anymore, at least not as it was on Diana.

A RARE GEM Princess Diana’s jewellery – who inherited it and what happened to her engagement ring and sapphire choker?

Both Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle now wear engagement rings which are straight out of Princess Diana's own jewellery box

PRINCESS Diana left her impressive jewellery collection to her sons' future wives, the Duchess of Cambridge and now Meghan Markle.

But it wasn't as simple as that - with some pieces going back into the Queen's estate, and others being sold at auction. Here's what happened to Diana's most iconic pieces...

After her death Diana's sons, Princes William and Harry, were left three quarters of her £21 million estate - with the other quarter going to her 17 godchildren.

In a special "letter of wishes", Diana explained that she was leaving her jewellery to her sons' future wives.

The letter reads: "I would like you to allocate all my jewellery to the share to be held by my sons, so that their wives may, in due course, have it or use it.

"I leave the exact division of the jewellery to your discretion."

But some of her gems were on loan from the royal collection, while others were not included in her estate.

[...]

Sapphire Brooch

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/nintchdbpict000369435467.jpg?w=960

Diana's sapphire brooch was a wedding gift from the Queen Mother.

Originally, she wore it as a brooch - but soon opted to put her own spin on it, and fashioned it into a many stringed pearl necklace.

Diana continued to wear the necklace even after her divorce - and it was passed onto her sons after her death.

Harry has now used the gem to make a custom engagement ring for his beau Meghan, according to reports.

The actress' ring includes a stone from Botswana, where she and Harry recently holidayed.

[...]

Saudi Suite

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/nintchdbpict000369459303.jpg?w=960

One thing's for sure, this princess was never short of sapphires.

Diana was gifted this jewellery collection, known as The Saudi Suite, as a wedding present from Crown Prince Fahd.

It included a watch, earrings, a bracelet, ring and diamond necklace.

William gave the earrings to Kate shortly after their engagement. She put her own spin on them, and wears them in a drop style.

[...]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5010025/princess-dianas-jewellery-inherited-engagement-ring-sapphire-choker/

<< This is a big mistake in the article, Diana had several sapphire & diamond cluster earrings, one of the pairs picture here as part of the Saudi Suite. By all accounts, Kate's pair was not any of Diana's and it's actually said to have been commissioned by the Middletons after the engagement, so is brand new. Besides, a blind person can see that the Saudi Suite (made by Asprey's) earrings are definitely not the same as Kate's. By all accounts, the Saudi Suite may have gone into the vaults as property of the Crown.
Besides, by the time Will married, neither he nor H had yet come into their full inheritance, so they weren't (in theory) quite able to split the jewels up.

Also mentioned the diamond and emerald choker, acc to the article a "favourite" of Diana's, which also isn't true as she didn't like emeralds all that much. Regardless, that was property of Liz (or the crown?) and went back into the vaults after either the divorce or her death.

Also mentioned the two tiaras she wore in her lifetime, but we all know whose and where those are.

It is hard in any case for us to determine what was owned by her, what by the crown (even though she was the first and direct recipient of the gifts) and what was borrowed from Liz (for the duration of the marriage and her life, some things went back after the divorce and some after she died).

Kate wore "Diana's diamond and pear earrings", but those were in fact always Liz's...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:30:24 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 06:54:30 pm »

^ the sapphires earrings are probably diana http://www.dianasjewels.net/earringscatherine.htm

Check this page nearly at the bottom.

Btw very good site for both Kate and Diana jewels. The owner really knows a lot

Also watching photos of the sapphire chocker the diamonds dont seem like those in Meghan ring.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:57:30 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 07:27:10 pm »

^ There is a possibility, Diana had several pairs. What makes me always think they never were Diana's is because Diana's look like cabochons to me and Kate's oval cut. Kate's sapphires also look smaller, bluer and a touch rounder, but then that can vary depending on pic. Then I read the claim the Midds had them commissioned and it seemed logical because to me the sapphires don't look like any of Diana's earrings' sapphires. The major problem is though that pics of Diana are never quite as sharp as pics are nowadays, so the finer details (and even exact hue of jewels) is at times hard to determine.
I know that site! I love to scroll through the pics of the jewels, haven't been there in ages though easter-egg-basket

There was speculation which of Diana's brooches the diamonds could have come from and no one suspected the choker. It's very possible, but I feel like a shame that the choker has been dismantled sob
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 07:58:25 pm »

I think Diana’s choker would be considered too fussy and dated by Meghan and Kate, but it is a shame if it’s been dismantled. I bet Camz and eventually Kate can’t wait to get their grubby hands on Liz’s jewels.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2018, 12:10:03 am »

^ Too true! I think a fashionista worth her salt could rock it, make it her own, and make it look so good. But it would be wasted on the likes of boring and non fashionable Kannot and Murky.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 02:25:40 am »

^^ Looking at Diana's jewellery a little because of this thread had me also be like "a shame it all is so dated, even the chokers!" but that choker would be smashing even today. But even her other pearl chokers could work... easter-think
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 04:56:07 pm »

May 22nd
Vanessa Tugendhaft Idylle Rose Earrings
http://meghansmirror.com/product/vanessa-tugendhaft-idylle-rose-earrings/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:20 pm »

A present from Harry? Newlywed Duchess of Sussex wears a dazzling diamond tennis bracelet that looks a LOT like an £18,000 Cartier piece

Meghan Markle wore diamond tennis bracelet to Prince Charles' 70th birthday
    Was the first time she was seen with it, and more daring than her usual style
    Sparked suggestions it was wedding gift from her new husband Prince Harry
    Resembles a £17,700 Cartier bracelet containing 3.34 carats of 61 diamonds

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5759051/Meghan-Markle-wears-dazzling-diamond-bracelet-looks-like-Cartier.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/22/21/4C883A1300000578-5759051-The_Duchess_of_Sussex_looked_to_be_wearing_the_delicate_piece_fo-m-16_1527021285616.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/22/21/4C890DFE00000578-5759051-The_delicate_bracelet_closely_resembles_one_advertised_on_the_Ca-m-17_1527021314978.jpg

It looks like a different bracelet, Murkles has some gold charm, an elephant?

Also the Cartier piece she wore at her wedding was much bigger and more expensive and she has the earrings with the bracelet. That cost a small fortune and I still wonder who paid, Haz or Chuck?
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 02:44:39 pm »

I would hope that Harry paid for it all.  She's been in the royal family for about 1 minute and is displaying an awful lot of new jewelry.  Harry, just slow it down a bit , please!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 02:53:37 pm »

^But, but, she’s had to live such a sad life of deprivation that she needs these things!  There’s also a whisper of PD’s habit of buying things to get love back. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 04:25:50 pm »

I can't stand this lack of British promotion, isn't Cartier a jeweler from France?!  blink Who is the British jeweler that they should be wearing/promoting?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2018, 04:30:09 pm »

^ Indeed. But when it comes to jewellery the Winds aren't too choosey, Cartier is an old favourite.
I'm def surprised that she hasn't worn that same stuff from Brits like Asprey's, Boodles, or even better, Garrard, the maker of Diana's engagement ring.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:35:14 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 11:30:39 pm »

Duchess of Diamonds: Meghan Markle has a sparkles collection of worth £1m after receiving some VERY expensive wedding gifts and a loan from the Queen

Her collection includes her stunning £140,000 engagement ring and a £241,000 Cartier bracelet
    Other dazzling items include the £450,000 tiara borrowed from the Queen which she wore on her wedding
    A glittering set of £60,000 earrings she received as a pre-wedding gift also belong in her jaw dropping collection of jewels

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5796689/Meghan-Markle-stuck-modest-trinkets-collection-sparkles-worth-1MILLION.html
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2018, 11:45:49 pm »

They've stuck that wedding tiara in to boost the total though, and we don't know whether the tiara is a longterm loan or not, yet.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 01:59:50 am »

Duchess of Diamonds: Meghan Markle has a sparkles collection of worth £1m after receiving some VERY expensive wedding gifts and a loan from the Queen

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5796689/Meghan-Markle-stuck-modest-trinkets-collection-sparkles-worth-1MILLION.html#ixzz5HE20Oiuz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: