Royal Gossip
December 12, 2018, 11:54:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan's Jewellery Box III  (Read 6254 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: December 31, 2017, 06:52:21 pm »

flower

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 06:06:03 pm »

Birks Snowflake Large Jacket Earrings
http://meghansmirror.com/product/meghan-markle-birks-earrings/

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 09:03:38 pm »

Cartier Tank Française Watch
http://meghansmirror.com/product/cartier-tank-francaise-watch/

Les Plaisirs de Birks Yellow Gold and Opal Earrings
http://meghansmirror.com/product/le-plaisirs-de-birks-yellow-gold-and-opal-earrings/

Mods can you merge my two post together ?

Thanks flower
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:06:28 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 09:47:41 pm »

^You’re ok.  When it’s articles/news posts, that’s your job!   eating cookies  thank you. YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 06:47:57 pm »

CARDIFF JAN 18

Gabriela Artigas Triple Shooting Star Earrings
https://www.shopbop.com/triple-shooting-star-earrings-gabriela/vp/v=1/1532073955.htm?extid=affprg_linkshare_SB-tZkYzve9Cvk&cvosrc=affiliate.linkshare.tZkYzve9Cvk&extid=affprg_linkshare_SB-QFGLnEolOWg&cvosrc=affiliate.linkshare.QFGLnEolOWg

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 08:57:53 pm »

Meghan Markle mixes Canadian and Australian jewelry on Commonwealth outing
Meghan Markle's dedication to the Commonwealth extends to her accessories! The royal bride-to-be turned to her beloved Canadian brand Maison Birks for earrings and Australia's Natalie Marie for rings as she stepped out at the Commonwealth Youth Forum on day three of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) on Wednesday (April 18). Meghan paired the delicate pieces with a fashion-forward striped nautical dress by Aquazurra, a black Camilla and Marc blazer draped over her shoulders, Tamara Mellon's Paramour multi-strap pumps and an Oroton cross-body bag.
https://ca.hellomagazine.com/fashion/02018041844435/meghan-markle-birks-natalie-marie-jewelry-chogm/

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 04:49:52 pm »

May 19th wedding day
Reflection de Cartier Bracelet
http://meghansmirror.com/product/reflection-de-cartier-bracelet/

Cartier Diamond & White Gold Earrings
http://meghansmirror.com/product/cartier-diamond-white-gold-earrings/

Albany
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 09:22:14 pm »

I have a question that I hope one of the forum members can help me with per Meghan's jewelry.

WK was given Diana's engagement ring. My gut is telling me that MM might be given Diana's gold Cartier tank wrist watch. Just speculation, but regardless--what happens to any of Diana's jewelry that PH gives MM in the event of a divorce?

Would she have to give it back, or would she get to keep it? I can't imagine any of Diana's jewelry leaving the royal family fold, but I'm interested to see what other members think.

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 09:29:39 pm »

I really don't know and the question is frequently raised with Kate too, who got big blue and by now has worn even more of Diana's jewellery, like a pearl bracelet and some such.
The consensus is though, that it would have to go back (to Will & Harry). I do think so. Possibly that there's a contract stipulating jewellery use of wives (between husbands & wives, namely K&M having to sign an agreement that e.g. they can't sell anything and jewellery goes back to original owners, i.e. W&H, or onto children, for now only G&C&L).

Meghan might be allowed to keep her engagement ring in the event of a divorce, as it features two modestly sized round cut diamonds, but big blue is too important and would have to go back.

I don't think that Murkles will get the tank, maybe she will, but she has her own and Diana's model is still available for purchase. And I think Diana had at least two tank francaise watches by Cartier, everyone speaks of *the* watch, but she had imo at least two - one in gold with a leather strap and one all gold, face & strap. She had also more watches than those (two), many unidentified. There's another all gold with a  round face which Charles gave her early on, at marriage or her brithday, she wore that one right until the divorce. Murkles is certainly banking on Cartier though, wearing Cartier bracelets and earrings today.

I don't think she should be allowed near Diana's watches, she'd engave them "from Di to MM" or maybe "MS" for Sussex..
I still can't get over the cheesy, childish, gawdawful engaving she did on her own Cartier watch as "from MM to MM", I mean wtf! sly
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:32:56 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 09:33:18 pm »

^Thank you for the answer.

And I agree about the cheesy engraving on MM's tank watch. The story she gave about "having it engraved so she could give it to her daughter" was a bit cringe worthy. Why would you share that?

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 09:35:56 pm »

^ That was also cringe. But also, as she clearly intended the piece for posterity, why not come up with sth better? I get she wanted to celebrate the Suits pick up, but why not then engrave it e.g. "2012 MM" or whatever else the year was. That ties it to the event, the success and has her initials she so loves. Makes for a better engraving and story and is more logical than "from MM to MM". Jeez.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 09:48:45 pm »

@DailyMailUK
Meghan changes out of her wedding gown into a stunning Stella McCartney dress for evening reception https://dailym.ai/2KGpjDd  #RoyalWedding
Confirmed: Meghan is wearing  Princess Diana’s ring

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 11:00:23 pm »

Wedding day - evening reception
Reflection de Cartier Earrings
http://meghansmirror.com/product/meghan-markle-reflection-de-cartier-earrings/

Diana’s Aquamarine ring is that now Meghans own to keep
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:03:02 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 11:25:48 pm »

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/19/21/4C72DC2E00000578-5748651-Meghan_could_be_seen_wearing_an_aquamarine_ring_which_once_belon-a-73_1526760761895.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/19/21/4C72C8D900000578-5748651-image-m-86_1526761566636.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/19/21/4C7150E300000578-5748651-image-m-72_1526760749177.jpg

Bride and vroom! Meghan wears Diana's emerald-cut aquamarine ring and a stunning halter-neck Stella McCartney dress while Harry dons a dinner suit to drive his WIFE to their evening reception in an electric Jaguar

Harry and Meghan drove in a converted open-top Jaguar to a reception for 200 guests at Frogmore House
    Meghan wore a stunning Stella McCartney gown and a ring which once belonged to Harry's mother Diana
    More than 120,000 people descended on Windsor and saw Prince Harry marry bride Meghan Markle earlier
    The 2,000-plus excited guests included all senior royals including the Queen and Hollywood royalty too
    Clooneys, Beckhams, Idris Elba, Elton John, Oprah Winfrey, Tom Hardy and James Corden were all invited
    Passionate US bishop, gospel choir and music by Ben E. King and Etta James gave service American influence
    But the beautiful British weather and the grand backdrop of Windsor meant event was full of royal pageantry
    Divorcee walked half way through chapel alone where Charles then tool her to the altar and his youngest son

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5748651/Meghan-Harry-head-Frogmore-House-reception-royal-wedding.html
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 11:29:12 pm »

^^Oh, Harry, you fool.  Be careful.  Those are national treasures that she will mow through if not careful.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 12:38:33 am »

Did Diana ever wear that ring more than once?

I only remember reading about her wearing it on that one occasion, and never saw any other photos of her wearing it. I would consider it a very minor piece in Diana's collection. I would say 99% of the people who saw that ring on MM's finger had no idea it had any connection to Diana without the press calling it out as one of Diana's pieces.

Unlike Big Blue, it wasn't a signature of Diana's, which says a lot.

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2018, 05:08:35 am »

Looks as tacky on MEggles as Big Blue does on Waity.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 01:38:13 pm »

^^ Diana commisssioned it at Asprey's and wore it only once (publicly), it was brand new. Only she already also owned it, opposite to the Swan Lake suite, which she commissioned as well and also gave instructions for the design (same with the ring, but when you commission sth it's obvious you have final say over design), but as the earrings weren't finished yet she hadn't even paid for it all yet which is why the jeweller's owned it until they auctioned it off.

I agree with your other points. The bigger question really is what else will go to whom and who'll wear it. Stuff like the Cartier watch(es) can easily be repurchased new. The big bucks are on the Saudi suite (what's left of it, re-designed and otherwise) and the big choker (I think the centrepiece, originally a brooch, came from Liz the q mum and was a wedding gift).
I think the chocker will stay with Will though, it's too big in "history", significance and value and will ultimately always go to the main heir. Is my speculation in any case.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 01:46:01 pm »

^ i think the chocker may go to Harry. Unless I remember wrong. Does it has royal provenance? I think Harry will all the saudi and non royal things.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 02:11:22 pm »

^ Not sure about provenance.
What was at the forefront of my thoughts, but I haven't written and will now, are death duties. Harry got a tidy sum from Diana, he also inherited from Liz the q mum (I don't think we know how much), is due to inherit from Phil, Liz and Chuck plus Charles's ongoing funding until he dies. So Harry will pocket a considerable fortune. Down the line that fortune might dwindle. Liz the q mum left also to nieces newphews and cousins to inherit but they had to sell the inheritance (apartments in Mayfair and similar) to fund the death tax (inheritance tax) and were left with the rest as inheitance then (meaning even royals now their descendants might not be so rich, eg the Kents too who couldn't afford KP and their country home and sold it once they had to pay full rent on KP). That's also why Liz qm bequeathed much to Liz2, who paid no tax and then handed the stuff over to whoever was originally intended (e.g. Charles).

Point is, depending on how Harry will invest etc etc his descendants (if there are any) might not have all that much left inherited, they won't be able to pay the inevtiable tax on the inheritance (choker, Saudi suite etc) and the stuff will go to auction.

That whole kerfuffle, the financial burden but also the possibility that the stuff gets lost (out of the family) is imo too big to risk. That's ultimately what it boils down to.

They use Diana and Diana's positive image still influences them, so they better take care of even the most inconsiquential piece of jewellery.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: