Royal Gossip
March 20, 2019, 01:49:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 80894 times)
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #1320 on: December 28, 2018, 06:55:28 am »

I don't know how pricey MM's clothes are compared to KM's but MM looks consistently boring.

I'll fitting clothes in Permanently dark/neutral colors end up being boring in the end, no matter how modern,edgy, costly and Beckham-y they are supposed to be.

And that trying-so-hard purse...seriously?

Btw, VB looks just as boring in forever dark clothes without any pop of color and that constant pretentious frown on her face. It is not doing her any favor just as MM's terrible natural posture is not doing her any favors.

I'll go with KM when it comes to fashion - even though I remain puzzled as to why people need to join teams.

Team MM or team KM?

Neither. They are both good-for-nothing lottery ticket-winners.
Except that KM presents herself better, is more discreet and lower-key, dresses better and is not a B to her family. That's all. Acknowledging that doesn't place me in her team though.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1321 on: December 28, 2018, 12:13:29 pm »

KM is just as much a commoner as Meghan is.   Kate is still lazy IMO. Kate who supposedly "knew better" continued to get embarrassing photo ops with her skirts flying up. It took some time for her to get the idea.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1322 on: December 28, 2018, 03:28:30 pm »

^ I’d challenge anyone to find videos of Kate doing the filth Murks has done.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
misanthrocrat
courtier

« Reply #1323 on: December 28, 2018, 04:34:54 pm »

^^
Nobody ever argued that KM is not a commoner.

All of us born without an aristo title are commoners.Then again, commoners have not been created equal despite sordid interpretations of the US constitution.
In fact, there are more dramatic differences in NATURAL rank between commoners themselves than there are between an aristo just because of his/her title and an average commoner.

Despite KM's laziness (identical to that of the vast majority of the population, if they could help it), there is no comparison between her natural caliber and that of MM.
She is clearly a higher quality, more reserved, lower-key, more dignified,  less shameless individual, with a sense of humility and loyalty and gratitude to her family.

Had KM not grown up with the excessive cushions and advantages provided by her parents' wealth, she would have been out there doing what she needed to do - probably a professional job - and NOT being lazy.
Because whatchagonna do.

MM's "career" choices show in fact that she was among the laziest commoners without wealth. Given she couldn't just do nothing like KM as her parents were not wealthy enough to ensure that kind of lifestyle for her, she took instead to hedonistic and narcissistic "career" paths that allow you to do nothing while looking like you do something.

Some of the laziest commoners out there do just that if they have what it takes to put up with the competition from other lazy commoners who'd rather PR and grin their way through life than do anything really useful.

Likewise, this whole discussion about the degree of "laziness" of various royals amuses me to no end.
 None of them are doing any real work. All of them are lazy.
 And that's a fact, not a matter of opinion. I hope I won't be banned for stating that. And if I am, hey, I went down trying to make the world a more lucid place. easter-egg-basket

Regardless of how often any of them show up for whatever passes as "aristo work", I don't care what they "champion", "do patronage for", "raise awareness for", etc. This is not the kind of work that requires exertion, discipline, or any level of complexity. It's also not the kind of work that adds any real value because people's "awareness" of whatever they were championing yesterday defaults back to 0 the next day - because it was all about seeing the Aristos  show up in the first place, not about the "cause".

So it's not work. It is showing up well-dressed and groomed (by others), mumbling some platitudes, taking in the oohs and aaahs (aka the adulation) and climbing back into the luxury car that brought them there, Lord Forbid should they be there more than an hour and exert their superior being too much.

While I understand people's psychological need to convince themselves that they too do work in their own way (because that makes them more like us and in the end, it's all about No 1 - the "me"), I refuse to  buy into the absurd proposition that some royals are "harder working" than others. They are not. Princess Anne is not any harder working than KM who's not any harder working than any of them, regardless of how many times they show up for events.

The day they do one of their duties, they still slept in, they had someone else take care of all the functional things necessary to be able to get out of bed and into the world, while the value they added to the world by showing up to whatever - is still somewhere between minuscule to 0. Unless you count as "value" providing "drool over" entertainment to pitiful humans who could only dream of that kind of lifestyle. Then, sure. They "work".
Unlike entertainers though, they don't even have to memorize a script.

To recap.
Both KM and MM are lottery ticket winners.
Just like the rest of the royals - some of whom won their ticket by birth and the others through the typical social climbing shenanigans (of their own or their family's or both).

So we do not need to evaluate them on their "work ethic". None of them have got any. And that's fine.

What I evaluate them on is presentability, family loyalty and a sense of genuine humility and grace in the face of the monumental favor the Heavens did to them compared to billions of other, less fortunate souls. That's all.

On that scale, there's no comparison between KM and MM.

“To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.”
― Mark Twain
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1324 on: December 28, 2018, 04:41:47 pm »

Have the wives of Windsor been swapping fashion tips? How Kate has taken cues from rule-breaker Meghan by adopting trousers and brighter colours - and even ditched her trusty nude tights
    Duchess of Sussex has won plaudits for ripping up the royal fashion rule book
    And her sister-in-law Kate appears to be taking cues from Meghan's wardrobe
    Duchess of Cambridge has adopted Meghan's love of yellow hues and ponytails
    She has also sported flared trousers for the first time, following Meghan's cue
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6533035/How-Kate-Middleton-copied-Meghan-Markles-wardrobe.html
Comment:
Shooting the breeze, Shoreline Highway CA, United States, 3 minutes ago
The Markle spin machine is at it again. In fact, the Queen has favored bright colors for decades so that the public can easily pick her out in the crowd. Kate had worn pony tails long before MM showed up and her nude heels were always seen when she first got married. Please, stop trying to talk up MM. The fact is she has an acceptable style, but makes mistakes too - her heels look too high and her feet don't fit the shoes as they slip too far forward, her hair has that annoying bit that always falls into her eyes, and she has a straight up and down figure that means she can't show off her waist or bust-line so focuses on the boat neck style instead. She is by no means some sort of fashion icon and Kate had lovely style long before MM came on the scene.

The sad thing is that Waity's been on the scene for years and, imo, hasn't made an impact in her role except perhaps on the fashion end where she's very much hit and miss. Using Meghan, a lowly foreign commoner to boost up Waity's image just shows how useless she really is.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1325 on: December 28, 2018, 05:04:06 pm »

Kate and Meghan's styles are very dull. Kate had years to work on this but she is still blah in fashion choices, the forties retro and Mumsy looks were big flops. IMO.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #1326 on: December 28, 2018, 07:18:13 pm »

^^ Stupid article. Meg is wearing funeral black. Kate definitely didn't copy that. The brighter colors are QE's trademark.

^ As they say - a golden bit does not make the horse any better. So, all the "what about Kate" are not a good argument. In fact, just today I heard on the news that if the defense has Zero defense and they can't defend the undefendable then the only strategy they have is to come up with baloney about the prosecutors. Same with Kate vs Megan. They are incomparable.

Meg is a horrible human being, the kind that to this day gets stoned publicly in some countries in the world. Her fashion sense is lacking to say the least.

What truly pregnant woman will wear a 20% wool blend dress and nothing under (besides the electric belly) around NYE and Not button up. A $2K dress. Did any of the two no brain heads - MM and VB, ever heard of cashmere and wool blends for cold Decembers... Or is Meggy feeling hot ... like in hot flashes, and doesn't need to button up.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:21:01 pm by Ariel » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1327 on: December 28, 2018, 11:33:43 pm »

^ I’d challenge anyone to find videos of Kate doing the filth Murks has done.

Give it time; Kate is more protected, but I am certain that it will all come out. Second, Kate didn't spout philosophy and Shakespeare in the bedroom to keep William coming back for more.

Kate and Meghan's styles are very dull. Kate had years to work on this but she is still blah in fashion choices, the forties retro and Mumsy looks were big flops. IMO.

Meg is more contemporary, but she is still looking way too oversexed.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1328 on: December 28, 2018, 11:38:46 pm »

Yes, Kate did go to sex toy parties. It was not reciting Shakespeare to Will that's for sure. Will and Harry seem to go for the less intellectual women to put it mildly
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1329 on: December 29, 2018, 12:02:18 am »

I admit, if I could, I would be merrily maxing out the credit card on high fashions if I had the chance. Thing is, Meg is used to wearing outfits that sex her image up, not in projecting an image of class.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1330 on: December 29, 2018, 12:03:43 am »

I don't get it. She could afford good tailors for her clothing to adjust size and a selection of more elegant gowns. Tailored suits would have looked better on her.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #1331 on: December 29, 2018, 03:35:13 pm »

Yes, Kate did go to sex toy parties. It was not reciting Shakespeare to Will that's for sure. Will and Harry seem to go for the less intellectual women to put it mildly

I challenged anyone to find an actual video of Kate doing the same as Murks.  That will have to be a video of Kate simulating sex for money. 

But good one, Sandy easter-lol Shakespeare to Will ...not sure if you meant that to be funny, but it was.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1332 on: December 29, 2018, 06:33:44 pm »

Meryl Streep and Kate Winslet Oscar winners "simulated sex." Kate was naked during most of her Oscar winning performance for the Reader.  Meghan did this in a TV show but is trashed. While there can be too much simulated sex and nudity, it is what is done now in many films today.

Kate has some embarrassing photos on the net from her tours, and she was not in a movie.

Yep, I meant it to be funny re: Shakespeare.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1333 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:08 pm »

BackOnTopic  stop

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1334 on: December 29, 2018, 07:36:49 pm »

You Can Buy Meghan Markle's Christmas Jewelry   bignono
The delicate jewelry that accompanied look was similarly subtle and simple, a style that the duchess and mom-to-be is a huge fan of in general. First ID'ed in Us Weekly, now we know exactly what brand they are, and how much it'll set you back to get them.
First, the dainty gold necklace: it's actually got turquoise stones in it, which is a surprising but lovely contrast with the navy. By Jennifer Meyer, the "Mini Bezel Dangle Necklace" is 18 karat gold.

The earrings are by Anita Ko, and even though they're small, they pack quite a punch. The blingy hoops are .17 carats total, and come in white, yellow, rose, and black gold. It's a little hard to tell, but it appears Meghan opted for yellow gold to complement her necklace.

In case you're wondering, the Victoria Beckham dress is $1,690 (sold out), the coat is $3,085 (not sold out!), the boots are $1,715 (almost sold out), and the top-handle bag is $2,125, for a grand total of more than $8,500. And that's not even including the $435 Awon Golding feather fascinator! Thank goodness for Prince Charles' clothing allowance.  huh Why wold it be nearly 2 million pounds though?

https://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/a25699661/buy-meghan-markle-christmas-jewelry-shop/

The Royal Family Clothing Budget Is Reportedly Up Almost $2 Million Since Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Engagement
Last year, Prince Charles spent £4.96 million (about $6.5 million) on William, Harry, and Kate's activities, compared to £3.52 million ($4.6 million) the year before, according to The Telegraph. That's an increase of £1.43 million ($1.88 million) since Meghan Markle came on the scene.
https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a22007037/royal-family-clothing-budget-up-almost-2-million-meghan-markle/

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1335 on: December 29, 2018, 07:57:56 pm »

Meghan needs brighter colors, maybe more pastels.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1336 on: December 29, 2018, 09:09:25 pm »

^Yeah.  That’ll fix everything.  eating cookies

^^Almost 2M and she’s only been on board 8 months?  If this continues, well, it’s time for a reality check for Sparkles.  Taste she’ll never have.  It’s time for her to clam up and take orders.  That’s an outrageous amount of $.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1337 on: December 29, 2018, 09:12:02 pm »

I was just saying that for that money she could get better looks and better color schemes. The drab colors are totally bad.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1338 on: December 29, 2018, 09:26:51 pm »

^That makes sense.  How many black coats and slacks does she have?  Ridiculous.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
LadyVi
courtier

« Reply #1339 on: December 31, 2018, 12:19:28 pm »

Meghan's almighty handbag collection: How the duchess' accessories have totalled almost £40,000 this year alone- with her Fendi briefcase topping the list at nearly £4,000  blink

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6532997/Meghans-magnificent-handbag-collection-her.html
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: