Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 09:05:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 62   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 66489 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2018, 10:43:32 pm »

^Black for RAF flyover?  Really?  What a dumba$$ idea.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2018, 11:03:09 pm »

Meghan Markle Wore 4 Outfits Worth Over $40K for Her First Royal Tour
While they were abroad, Meghan wore four completely different outfits totaling $40,189.65. A royal budget for a new duchess!
Outfit #1: Green Givenchy Matching Separates
Total cost: $3,702.96+
Outfit #2: Black Belted Emilia Wickstead Dress
Total cost: $8,855.84
Outfit #3: Rouland Mouret Shift Dress
Total cost: $21,105.55
Outfit #4: Givenchy Pants Suit
Total cost: $6,525.30
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/amp22116994/meghan-markle-dublin-ireland-tour-outfit-cost/

Keep Calm and Carry On
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #502 on: July 12, 2018, 03:19:39 am »

OMG!! She must believe she really WILL be the next queen!! Embarrassed
Cali San D
Baroness

« Reply #503 on: July 12, 2018, 04:51:51 am »

^^Its unbelievable  Shocked

I read this on Skippy
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/175774006038/mio-god-you-are-stupid/embed

I have a theory: perhaps Jessica is getting sent the designer clothes and then sends them to Meghan, therefore people/investigators can't say that Meghan is accepting freebies from the designers firsthand, Jessica is her middleman.

Also, did you see the DM article about Meghan not removing the plastic from the bottom of the handbag she was holding when they arrived in Dublin? The handbag was "given" to Megs to borrow from Jessica because she didn't take the time to remove the plastic! What a shame.

https://dailym.ai/2KLhgt3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:54:23 am by Cali San D » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #504 on: July 12, 2018, 10:05:59 am »

Trousers a bit tight as you can see from the back seam and the pockets.  What is is it with this critter, why does she want everything skin tight. Also the jacket is a slightly different shade to the trousers, it is not a suit.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/11/13/4E1EB78900000578-5941517-image-a-293_1531312051010.jpg

As for this frock she wore, words fail me, what can I say, wrong at every level, and look just how tight it is, the inappropriate bra, you name it, colour not good on her either.

https://i2-prod.dublinlive.ie/incoming/article14897360.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS157140847.jpg
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:10:40 am by gingerboy24 » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2018, 11:05:50 am »

Just found this article again, giving info on the unnecessary entourage that went to Ireland with the Sus-sex dorks, but first piccie is the "girl Friday"/assistant private secretary who is helping her with everything.  Looking at her piccie below no wonder murky looks such a mess.  On an official tour for the rf, a member of staff, and she arrives looking like that?  Seriously?  Someone should tell her it is her work, her job, not a jolly for the weekend with her pals.  She looks a messy wreck to me.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/07/10/19/4E18767B00000578-0-image-a-27_1531248296000.jpg

Full article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5939433/Meghan-Markle-brings-11-strong-entourage-joins-Prince-Harry-Dublin.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #506 on: July 12, 2018, 02:38:03 pm »

None of them go to Econo Lodges they all come pricey but the defenders say they "help" tourism. Yeah right.
BostonLibby
courtier

« Reply #507 on: July 12, 2018, 05:24:34 pm »

^^  That grey dress was her worst outfit of the four.  Along with the top of the dress being to tight, the bra underneath was too tight.  It was too easy to see everything! thumbsdown
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #508 on: July 12, 2018, 06:04:35 pm »

I don't understand the need for all the staff and expense for someone not only this new and untested but as far down the line as she is.  She's never going to be more than she is right now.

The bottom line, tho, is the will of the people to whom they answer.  As long as things stay the same, the results will be the same.  This kind of expensive wardrobe would bring out effigies in the US if we were enabling people who did absolutely nothing of significance in return.  They are not responsible to millions of people's safety or needs 24/7.  They're show ponies!

Plus, her dresses are just one catwalk after another.  Her bearing is severely lacking so the smug strut downgrades any passable clothing to being show off-y and lacking any stature at all.

I'd be really angry if i was voiceless with this kind of nonsense but a demand of the expense of these slinky clothes and jewels requires inspection and clarity released to the public.  That should be their right.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2018, 07:15:36 pm »

She needs some variation to her wardrobe. Diana's wardrobes started out drab but then she branched out, even at one time wearing a tuxedo to an event and her gowns were great and not stodgy.

The royals though don't give out financial statements with every single expense analyzed. I doubt this will ever happen.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2018, 03:15:24 am »

Maybe I'm just slow, but I don't understand why she can't dress herself properly? She's almost 40; she should know how to dress herself.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #511 on: July 13, 2018, 09:41:49 am »

Diana was barely 20 when she married. Very different from someone who's 36 (about to be 37) and has been in the public eye for a while (it's not like she's never had money before).
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #512 on: July 13, 2018, 11:32:47 am »

50K worth of variation at someone else's expense ... yep, yep, she certainly has needs.  easter-lol

The grey dress is actually light blue an it will look gorgeous on a woman with actual boobs. Sadly, Megsy is a prime example what not to wear when you have no real boobs and are with chicken legs that don't look good on dresses or skirts ... but hey, she's only 36. She has good 10-15 years ahead of her to learn how to dress and put it on her resume right next to stripping.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2018, 12:08:12 am »

Who's footing the bill, Meghan? Duchess of Sussex spends huge £155,000 on 15 new outfits since the Royal Wedding
In 15 high-profile outings since the wedding, Meghan has debuted 15 brand new looks, each one more ostentatious — and expensive — than the last.
By way of comparison, the Duchess of Cambridge spent £119,000 on new outfits throughout the whole of 2017, and a more modest £100,000 in 2016.
Less than two months after joining the royal ranks, Meghan's clothing budget has already outstripped that. Indeed, if she continues at her current rate, she could spend almost £1 million by the end of the year.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5952457/Meghan-spends-huge-155-000-15-new-outfits-Royal-Wedding.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2018, 02:19:43 am »

The DM has not seen any receipts of what was spent on these clothes. The DM is just stirring the waters.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2018, 03:49:48 am »

^^Its unbelievable  Shocked

I read this on Skippy
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/175774006038/mio-god-you-are-stupid/embed

I have a theory: perhaps Jessica is getting sent the designer clothes and then sends them to Meghan, therefore people/investigators can't say that Meghan is accepting freebies from the designers firsthand, Jessica is her middleman.

Also, did you see the DM article about Meghan not removing the plastic from the bottom of the handbag she was holding when they arrived in Dublin? The handbag was "given" to Megs to borrow from Jessica because she didn't take the time to remove the plastic! What a shame.

https://dailym.ai/2KLhgt3

Quite possibly because I can't imagine Charles allowing this on his watch but it doesn't matter. It's all about the optics and they are horrid. She's got two options: admit she got freebees (Not going to work because that's against the rules) or say she bought them (Not going to work because being Marie Antoinette didn't work for Marie Antoinette and it will work even less in today's climate). Either way, she's hosed and she has no one to blame but herself. Bottom line is she should have paid attention to the precedent already established in this family instead of conducting herself like she's starring in a remake of Pretty Woman.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2018, 04:29:35 am »

PLATELL'S PEOPLE: Why Kate needs a word with Meghan
Today we will witness a remarkable double act on Wimbledon’s Centre Court, as two duchesses watch the women’s final, performing their first public event together without their husbands.
Most of us haven’t a clue whether those sisters-in-law get on or how close they are. But their joint outing today to the royal box presents Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, with a chance to have a quiet word with newcomer Megs, the Duchess of Sussex, on where she’s going wrong. Because, boy, she needs it.
Kate could start by telling Megs the royals do not, ever, interfere in politics. In the 56 days since her marriage, Meghan has declared herself a humanitarian, proud feminist and, in Ireland this week, a supporter of the liberalisation of abortion laws.
She needs to understand one does not flaunt one’s humanitarian credentials. Modelling yourself on Angelina Jolie may be fine for a soap star but not for a royal.
But such solecisms pale into insignificance compared to the American’s shameless extravagance. During her 24-hour visit to Ireland, the thing that grabbed the headlines was that she changed into four different designer outfits with a total value of £28,000.
The £2,000 worth of shoes she wore on that trip is more than many British families have to live on for a month.
As the Mail reveals today, Megs has clad herself in around £155,000 worth of Givenchy, Dior, Chanel and Prada since her wedding. That’s infinitely more than Kate spent in the entire year after marrying William.
Yes, the former TV actress looks stylish, yes, she is lovely, but she has a lot to learn about this country.
Kate should quietly tell her we don’t like moral posturing and we certainly don’t like ostentatious displays of wealth. Indeed, Megs could do worse than look to Kate for an example of how to do it.
In the early days, Kate endeared herself to us by shopping in the High Street — and she’s still as happy wearing Reiss or Jigsaw as she is couture, even for special occasions.
She recycles her clothes, too, just like the Queen and Princess Anne. She wore a four-year-old coat to Meghan’s wedding. But I have yet to see Megs in the same outfit twice.
Meghan needs to understand there’s a lot of respect and affection for how royalty is not just another branch of showbiz, where #MeToo values hold sway and the dress style is red-carpet, off-the-shoulder and always with a coquettish pout for the cameras.
One final piece of advice. Perhaps Meghan should book an appointment with Rigby & Peller, providers of lingerie to the royals — and get herself a proper-fitting bra.  thumbsup
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5952813/PLATELLS-PEOPLE-Kate-needs-word-Meghan.html
During the engagement period, she was presented as an out spoken feminist and an an American star who's views were welcomed by the royal family. Waity's not her minder.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2018, 07:14:03 am »

I like how Platell is roasting her. Meghan is a spending machine and the sad part is - she keeps spending on things that don't look good on her.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2018, 11:15:01 am »

^^^^  DM don´t need to see any receipts, they are well aware of the costs of the outfits and the figure they amount to.  Not a DM fan, but it is very easy for them to find out the cost of the items of clothing murky has been flashing around and get a total amount  -  very easy for us members of the public to do as well, we don´t need receipts either to work it out.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2018, 02:45:26 pm »

Excellent articles, I was just about to post them!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this nouveau riche newcomer could indeed learn a thing or two from Waity.
Waity or her PR machine were at least smart enough to mix in high street stuff, even the pricier high st stuff (eg LK Bennett), to be fair Waity seems to like the high street anyway.
With Murky it's all high labels only, coting 1000s per piece and next to no British brands. Jeez.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 62   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: