Royal Gossip
October 21, 2018, 10:28:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 51581 times)
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2018, 09:15:13 pm »

At a certain point, the seamstresses/tailors have their hands tied. You can only take a garment in so much after the initial form is cast. Extreme stress can cause you to lose a severe amount of weight in a small amount of time, even if it's just water weight. The tailors shouldn't be held at fault for this one. I guarantee you they did their best with what they were given.

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2018, 09:39:28 pm »

^ Yeah I never knew that, until a recent interview with Madeleine of Sweden and she sad at the last fitting the dress fit perfectly and just mere days later it was way too big, she'd lost so much weight suddenly (I linked it in their thread, I think their wedding thread if anyone's interested reading it). I think that's why the shoulder part kept slipping off, which showed for really really bad workmanship, but it's now likely due to the severe stress related last minute weightloss.
In any case, I have a touch more understanding now. Might also explain Kate's cone boobs. But I also blame the designer/ seamstress in that case, because a more flattering/ different technique to sew the boob part shouldn't have resulted in the cone boobs...
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2018, 11:06:18 pm »

Wedding day - reception
Meghan’s dress is by bespoke by Stella McCartney.

Shoes from Aquazurra made in silky satin, with nude mesh, with soles painted in baby blue. The shoes were bespoke
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style/royal-wedding/meghan-markles-evening-wedding-dress/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2018, 12:07:33 am »

Meghan must be thrilled now she’s hit the jackpot. Cartier jewels, designer clothes and shoes, and a generous budget from Charles...
Albany
Baroness

« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2018, 12:30:45 am »

^^Thank you, Fly on the Wall.

Oddly enough, I was wondering about the shoes.  thumbsup

"Off with their heads!" -The Queen of Hearts
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2018, 05:16:14 am »

Looks like she made that wedding dress on her sewing machine last night!  Poorly fitted and plain beyond words!  YAWN, boring.

My first thought was did she make this mess herself? I did better when I was in Home Ec and I was terrible.  Cool
SouthernBelle
royal watcher

« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2018, 12:51:23 pm »

Looks like she made that wedding dress on her sewing machine last night!  Poorly fitted and plain beyond words!  YAWN, boring.

My first thought was did she make this mess herself? I did better when I was in Home Ec and I was terrible.  Cool

My first thought, too!  I think it was the raglan sleeves.....
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2018, 02:11:21 pm »

The Wedding Dress: Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy

Ms. Meghan Markle’s wedding dress has been designed by the acclaimed British designer, Clare Waight Keller. Ms. Waight Keller last year became the first female Artistic Director at the historic French fashion house Givenchy.

After meeting Ms. Waight Keller in early 2018, Ms. Markle chose to work with her for her timeless and elegant aesthetic, impeccable tailoring, and relaxed demeanour. Ms. Markle also wanted to highlight the success of a leading British talent who has now served as the creative head of three globally influential fashion houses – Pringle of Scotland, Chloé, and now Givenchy.
https://www.royal.uk/wedding-dress-bridesmaids’-dresses-and-page-boys-uniforms

Sketches of The Duchess of Sussex’s #RoyalWedding dress, designed by Clare Waight Keller, have been released.

The Duchess and Ms. Waight Keller worked closely together on the design, epitomising a timeless minimal elegance referencing the codes of the iconic House of Givenchy.
https://mobile.twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/998182893808750592/photo/1

Having all the Commonwealth flowers was a nice touch

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2018, 04:16:33 pm »

^ I agree about the Commonwealth flowers, although it was hard to seem them.
Where did the 200K go to for this dress?  It was an elegant,  minimal design (although I didn't like the bright white color), without embellishment.  How could it cost so much?
Kins
courtier

« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2018, 04:18:19 pm »

^excellent question. Certainly doesn’t seem like a dress worthy of that price tag.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2018, 04:23:56 pm »

Apparently those kinds of dresses, with no exposed zips etc, can be very expensive to sculpt. The Givenchy haute couture label would have added to the price tag, and I imagine the fabric was very expensive. The veil is presumably part of that price and would have cost a fortune with all the embroidery.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2018, 04:26:08 pm »

^ very true. Also the fabric was made especially for her.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BostonLibby
gossip insider

« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2018, 05:44:24 pm »

^ and ^^  Yes, of course it would include the veil. Sometimes I read things too literally.  The embroidery on the veil was beautiful. 
Thanks for clarify that! thankyou
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2018, 07:31:52 pm »

The shoes were painted light blue (the sole), I think for the evening reception only, or did she wear the same pair morning & evening?
In any case, she wore them in the evening and I think they were painted light blue to match the ring.

That certainly explains the price tag, thank you all for explaining!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2018, 07:34:59 pm »

No

The morning ones are givenchy I think.

The reception ones are aquazurra. The girl pages also wore aquazurra. I think she or someone close is friends with the designer.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2018, 09:50:41 pm »

^ Ah good thank you, that's what I thought!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2018, 04:54:56 pm »

Grden Party 22nd Tuesday
Goat Fashion Flavia Dress
http://meghansmirror.com/product/goat-fashion-flavia-dress/

Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2018, 05:51:43 pm »

^ I agree about the Commonwealth flowers, although it was hard to seem them.
Where did the 200K go to for this dress?  It was an elegant,  minimal design (although I didn't like the bright white color), without embellishment.  How could it cost so much?

Yeah, for someone who doesn't belong to it, too.  sigh
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »

^^Don't like the Goat dress.  The more I look at it, Alex is right, it's too big, I'll-fitting and so on.

I've taken a closeup look at the wedding dress construction and it's not good.  Seams pucker and I swear that's a thick polyester.  Paying for a name, really, but from the sloppy neckline, too bright white for this bride and ridiculously long train, no, just no.

With all that money, can't they ever get it right?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2018, 06:04:22 pm »

Money cant buy you class or fashion

Grden Party 22nd Tuesday
Goat Fashion Flavia Dress
http://meghansmirror.com/product/goat-fashion-flavia-dress/

Siren - Nappa-shoes
https://www.tamaramellon.com/products/siren-nappa-pumps?variant=3215156805653&origin=collection-pumps-0&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=Linkshare&utm_campaign=affl&affiliate_id=QFGLnEolOWg&siteID=QFGLnEolOWg-rctuPScvo7JelIqnpUOctA&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=rewardStyle&utm_term=15&utm_content=1

Wilbur & Gussie Oyster Silk Clutch
http://meghansmirror.com/product/wilbur-gussie-oyster-silk-clutch/

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: