Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 08:34:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 42882 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2018, 06:35:53 pm »

I never said it was from Royal Gossip. Please check my previous post and see. The DM people seem "out there" and they are a different group. Extremists make those sorts of comments and I mean extremists. I'm just repeating what I saw on the DM which is rather shocking. But I won't quote anymore of them but they are there, I'll leave it to people to look on their own.

She can't cover her legs all the time though. People have DNA and her legs are shaped that way. If she's healthy that's what matters in any case.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:42:20 pm by sandy » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2018, 07:01:16 pm »

Yes, I know you were referring to the DM, but death threats on the DM have nothing to do with this forum and criticism of MM's beanie.

And with regard to her chicken legs, MM needs to dress to play up her plusses and minimize her minuses.  One of her minuses is her legs.   That is easily accomplished with looser slacks and flowing skirts.   She is also bow-legged.   She just needs to downplay her legs, period, in my opinion. 
Cali San D
courtier

« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2018, 09:38:13 pm »

Unfortunately, we will see those ankles for the duration because she will wear skirts and dresses from time to time. Thank goodness we won't have to see them on the wedding day.  tehe

I looked at the pictures from the DM article about Meg & Kate wearing similar style shoes at the Commonwealth Ceremony and I didn't like the hat either. I think she should try to place the hat further back on her head and not too close to her forehead or wear a hat that angles up like Sophie's. It was also too plain, it needed a feathery thingy like Sophie or a bow like Theresa May.

Meg needs to try on different hats in the mirror to see what works, or she is one of those women who thinks she looks good no matter what she puts on.  sigh

There should be a motto: Not all fashion fits all. tehe
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2018, 09:58:21 pm »

About the shoes- they are exactly like Kate's. There's video in which Kate sees them and then tells Wills. I bet they weren't amused.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2018, 01:47:17 am »

The two pairs of shoes are different brands. And as the women aren't particularly close how would Meghan know what shoes Kate would be wearing on the day?  She'd hardly be scrambling around in Kate's shoe closet!  laugh

They dressed in different houses that day and arrived in separate cars with their spouses. I don't think they'd be sitting beforehand having a conversation about which shoes Kate would be wearing on Commonwealth Day and Kate jumping up to show her what pair!

It was a coincidence, borne of there being a particular theme of navy blue and white/cream going on that day. There have been several like coincidences over time. I remember Caroline of Monaco had the same coat on as someone else on one occasion years ago, and on one engagement Mary of Denmark and the host of the charity Mary was visiting had the same dress on from the same designer and the two women laughed about it. I think that was a couple of years ago.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2018, 01:34:06 pm »

I also don't think Kate is that petty to complain to Wills because Meghan wears similar shoes.  Kate can't dictate what others wear in any case.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:11 pm »

I'll bet she wants to though.  tehe
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2018, 01:25:25 pm »

She didn't complain and I'd think that M or her assistant found a way to see what Kate will wear and copy some of her style - the shoes. On Kate's big day in the Swedish tour Meghan wore an item from the same designer. Mere coincidences? I think not. There was a video on DM showing the moment Kate noticing Meghan's shoes and pointing them to William - I couldn't find it now but it's out there. The jelly one of the two is Meghan, not Kate imo.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2018, 02:53:35 pm »

Meghan Markle's Royal Wardrobe: Here's Who Pays for It, and Why She Can't Accept Free Clothes

When she stepped out at Westminster Abbey with fiancé Prince Harry for her first official duty alongside Queen Elizabeth on Monday, Meghan Markle’s $1,000 white coat from British designer Amanda Wakeley turned heads.

Along with the rest of her enviable wardrobe — including the Sentaler coat she wore at Christmas to designer Welsh jeans from Hiut — Meghan’s chic style comes with a hefty price tag.

And it’s all paid for out of pocket — for now, by Harry and Meghan themselves, PEOPLE understands. Royals do not accept designer clothes for free.

While assistants like Natasha Archer, who works for Kate Middleton, call in several options from designers, after they have chosen an outfit the others are returned and the one that is worn is paid for.

After her May 19 wedding to Harry at Windsor’s St. George’s Chapel, Meghan’s clothing budget for official outings will be covered by the money that Prince Charles gives to Prince William, Kate and Harry from his Duchy of Cornwall income of about $28 million.

Last year, the trio drew the expenses needed for their public lives (salaries and office costs and other expenses) from a fund of $4.8 million. (That part of Charles’s official outgoings also covers other aspects of his accounts, such as some capital expenditure.)

The eye-popping $78,000 cost of the Ralph & Russo gown Meghan wore in her engagement portraits sparked much debate when the pictures were released in December.
Meghan Markle's Royal Wardrobe: Here's Who Pays for It, and Why She Can't Accept Free Clothes

When she stepped out at Westminster Abbey with fiancé Prince Harry for her first official duty alongside Queen Elizabeth on Monday, Meghan Markle’s $1,000 white coat from British designer Amanda Wakeley turned heads.

Along with the rest of her enviable wardrobe — including the Sentaler coat she wore at Christmas to designer Welsh jeans from Hiut — Meghan’s chic style comes with a hefty price tag.

And it’s all paid for out of pocket — for now, by Harry and Meghan themselves, PEOPLE understands. Royals do not accept designer clothes for free.

While assistants like Natasha Archer, who works for Kate Middleton, call in several options from designers, after they have chosen an outfit the others are returned and the one that is worn is paid for.

After her May 19 wedding to Harry at Windsor’s St. George’s Chapel, Meghan’s clothing budget for official outings will be covered by the money that Prince Charles gives to Prince William, Kate and Harry from his Duchy of Cornwall income of about $28 million.

Last year, the trio drew the expenses needed for their public lives (salaries and office costs and other expenses) from a fund of $4.8 million. (That part of Charles’s official outgoings also covers other aspects of his accounts, such as some capital expenditure.)

The eye-popping $78,000 cost of the Ralph & Russo gown Meghan wore in her engagement portraits sparked much debate when the pictures were released in December.

http://people.com/royals/meghan-markles-royal-wardrobe-heres-who-pays-for-it-and-why-she-cant-accept-free-clothes/

There is always a  way around of accepting freebies
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:55:43 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2018, 04:22:37 pm »

^For the BRF, maybe.  For a US taxpayer, no.  All gifts are taxed.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2018, 04:26:10 pm »

Well the taxpayers do pay for that wardrobe because those duchies of Prince Charles are not taxed the way everybody else is taxed.  And I don't even understand why he gets to keep them and they don't go back to the public. But of course this is the British and their rules and their country. So I don't have to understand it. If the majority of the British are happy with Meghan markle's wardrobe being paid for from the duchies as well as everybody else's that's the way it will be.

The only constant is change.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2018, 04:34:33 pm »

^True.  It’s up to them to decide how much of this is acceptable.

However, if any portion of Sparkles’  endorsements go hand in hand with receipt of goods or monies, the IRS can and will tax and inspect it.  They have carte blanche to do just about anything they want short of murder.  They are our most powerful branch of gov and until she cuts ties completely as a citizen, this will remain.  It isn’t the same as the BRF setup at all.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2018, 09:52:25 am »

I think she's not planning to cut any ties with US. She's been setting up her trademarks and secret companies that are to be paid for her merching instead of her. A tumblr blog summed it up pretty neatly here

https://felix2001a.tumblr.com/post/172021880445/frim-fram-meghan-markle

My concern re: Frim Fram (a play on the term “flim flam” which of course describes a scam or con job) is that she plans to make illicit income while married and hide it there.  I have this concern because until November 2017 the CEO CFO and President of Frim Fram was one Rachel Meghan Markle.  On November 20,2017 the CFO CEO and President were changed to her accountant and her lawyer.  Note the proximity to her date of engagement to Harry.  So she was trying to hide her involvement with Frim Fram.  I’d take a guess and say she’ll continue to merch etc which of course would be a serious problem for a royal.  I also wonder what her charity humanitarian scam is all about that seems to be a real aim for her.  I have always said this woman is a jail sentence waiting to happen.  Note to sometime after she outed her fake affair with Harry she got The Tig trademarked and the trademark is owned by Frim Fram.  Lily has shown us some evidence of the existence of the “new” Tig (it’s on your site JD) Since she owns the trademark that is her.  It is obvious she plans on  restarting her social media business. 

I also recall that when Meghan’s Mirror started up we had evidence she contacted a trademark lawyer and she may have gotten some agreed upon percentage of the sales made by Meghan’s Mirror.  That site has undergone a very extensive upgrade which cost plenty so it looks to me like she has plans for income after wedding - income that would be given royal standards etc  damaging if discovered. 

Markle does not care about the integrity of the BRF nor its continuance.  She’d happily destroy the monarchy and for sure Harry especially if it got her media attention and money. 
sandy
Princess

« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2018, 01:34:31 pm »

Since this is from Tumblr, I am not so sold on it. The royals learned lessons about outside jobs and I doubt they would allow this. Plus the IRS is keen on finding "illicit income" of famous people. It would be quite the coup. I doubt she would go up against the IRS.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2018, 01:44:48 pm »

^I don't care if she would or wouldn't or is honest or dishonest.  The fact is, she can't.  The US Treasury Dept includes the FBI, don't forget, and they are under high scrutiny themselves right now so we are at a time when they are even more on their toes.

Besides, this is the very recipe they live for.  Access to the previously inaccessible.

lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2018, 02:14:23 pm »

MM would be very stupid to go against the IRS. However, her ambition could blind her judgment.

The only constant is change.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2018, 04:18:26 pm »

I would say the IRS is a tough agency to deal with. Big Time. Judgment or no judgment, it is a losing situation to try to "hide" money.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2018, 06:12:45 pm »

^^She has exhibited no signs to me yet of possessing any form of good judgment.  Only greed and ambition.  Her ‘style’ failures prove that.  She thinks she’s too special and untouchable and that everyone is as big a knucklehead as Harry, or they’re jealous or racist.  Zero self evaluation.

And, I’m sick of her shoes already.  They used to be called FM shoes. 

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2018, 02:04:30 pm »

And three more reasons why Megs should keep her legs covered . . . .

https://postimg.org/image/lcfxmhg23/

india
Princess

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2018, 03:24:47 pm »

Meg's legs aren't that bad. She doesn't have boot ankles and piano legs like HM and Princess Anne. And she doesn't have stumps like Camilla.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: