Royal Gossip
January 20, 2019, 03:29:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Sparkles: The fashion files 2018  (Read 75981 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #540 on: July 16, 2018, 02:25:49 pm »

I doubt Zara is that interested in politics. The real Zara would not be like Trump on Twitter.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:27:46 pm by sandy » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #541 on: July 16, 2018, 02:48:32 pm »

Meghan's secret style weapon: How the Duchess of Sussex relies on boat necklines to look 'slightly uncovered and sexy' – but still appropriate
Fashion experts say that Meghan's choice of neckline allows her to respect royal protocol, while still looking 'a little sexy'.  huh
Stylist Lucas Armitage told FEMAIL: 'The boat neck is an often overlooked neckline in fashion, it’s safe to say it’s not one overlooked by Meghan.
'I think it’s her way of respecting royal tradition but wanting to appear slightly uncovered and still a little sexy.
'Royal protocol means necklines must be quite covered so a boat neckline is a clever way of being revealing but not actually showing any cleavage or arms.'
He added: 'It has become her signature look and one the shows her amazing figure off to perfection.'  tehe
Stylist and brand consultant Alexandra Fullerton previously told FEMAIL: 'Meghan is putting her own "demure but modern" spin on the now ubiquitous Bardot neckline, which continues to dominate the high street.
'The shoulder is this year's hottest erogenous zone - thanks to the Bardot - and the Duchess of Sussex's adoption of the boat neckline cements this,' she said.  bignono
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5943761/Why-Meghan-Markle-boat-neck-signature-look.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #542 on: July 16, 2018, 03:02:48 pm »

Well her shoulders are one of her best features it certainly is in her bust legs or rear end

The only constant is change.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #543 on: July 16, 2018, 08:56:27 pm »

Prince Charles Is "Extremely Unhappy" About Meghan Markle's Wardrobe Spending
Pinching pennies clearly isn't Meghan Markle's strong suit. Since she and Prince Harry, 33, announced their engagement in November, Prince Charles — who bankrolls both his children and their spouses — has spent a reported $1 million just on the American actress’ designer wardrobe. Unlike thrifty Kate Middleton, who often wears Zara and other high-street brands, the newly minted Duchess of Sussex, 36, has "expensive taste" and it’s breaking the bank, a source told Life & Style in the magazine's latest issue, on newsstands now.
In June alone, Prince Harry’s wife stepped out in an $18,000 Givenchy cape dress for her first solo engagement with Queen Elizabeth, purchased a $4,000 Carolina Herrera off-the-shoulder top and skirt for the Trooping the Colour ceremony, and arrived in a $6,000 Oscar de la Renta printed maxi dress for Princess Diana’s niece’s wedding. "Since she moved to London, Meghan's been spending money like it's going out of style," the source said.
Considering Charles, 69, is the one picking up the tab, "He’s extremely unhappy about the fortune he’s having to spend on Meghan’s upkeep," snickered the source, who believes the rags-to-riches royal racked up a $2.5 million tab after joining The Firm.
"He feels like a walking ATM machine and is so annoyed that he’s planning to sit her and Harry both down for a stern talking-to," the insider added. Keep calm, Meghan — and start raiding Kate’s closet!
https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/meghan-markle-spending-out-of-control-163062

Keep Calm and Carry On
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #544 on: July 16, 2018, 09:03:47 pm »

as i always supected charles isnt fond of meghan. since the penny junor comments before their engagement to charles at wedding ceremony not looking at them, particualrly during the vows.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #545 on: July 16, 2018, 09:05:10 pm »

I saw this paper on the newsstands. I take it with a grain of salt because of the "unnamed sources." But the prize goes to In Touch for saying that kate and meghan are pregnant and will deliver babies on the Same Day. Charles would not shell out all that money on her, IMO, he would just stop giving her money,  he's cheap when it comes to giving other people money. He does not "have to" spend money on her much less the alleged amounts and he would not do it. Charles is not stupid, he would not jeopardize the PR boost he got by being kind to Meghan and Doria by "making it known" he dislikes Meghan. IMO anyway
Little light
Countess

« Reply #546 on: July 16, 2018, 09:43:45 pm »

Re Zara's twitter account.

Although it is parody, you'd think they'd all have twitter account names registered and either left blank, or they'd be activated by KP, BP, CH etc.

I know MODs, off topic, but thought it needed saying.  thankyou
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #547 on: July 16, 2018, 10:10:26 pm »

^ True, but "protecting" a name is becoming increasingly harder. For one the royals aren't and can't be trademarked (which is why anyone can sell commemorative tat with their faces, names etc on it; also why they aren't allowed to give autographs and sign stuff beyond guest books, letters etc), for another, a "problem" that all of us have: it used to be just a website domain, then one social media, then another, and another, and another.... It's become ridiculous with all the sites and possibilities to keep up with (and have everything as "verified" account).
And trademarking a name is also hard, because the license lasts only a limited number of years and if in that time you haven't done anything with it (built a business around that name) and hence are lacking proof of "use", then the trademark can't be renewed and is lost to the applicant and open for others who want to use that name (just look at obnoxious Beyonce & Jay-Z and "Blue Ivy [Carter]" as trademark).
Even next to verified and offical accounts (that are in use) there are still a tonne of parodies etc. So it's also inevitable anyway.

I get what you're saying and I agree, but it's also become nigh on impossible to do that...

I hope & don't think it's too OT Embarrassed

^^^^ I can easily believe that. Who's bankrolling Murky and Haz but Chuck? And Chuck is notoriously stingy, I bet he's boiling. Seriously, a story I do believe totally. Her spending since engagement has been out of control, no one can deny that.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #548 on: July 17, 2018, 12:05:36 am »

Charles would not give her all that money to spend on clothing. No way. IMO. She had her own money pre wedding and I think she spent her own. There's no rule that royal brides can't keep their own money. I also think the dresses are heavily discounted. Charles I doubt is "boiling" because he would say clearly and distinctly No, I gave you your allowance, no more.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #549 on: July 17, 2018, 03:29:14 am »

The original list about Meghan's spending came from the Fail. It conveniently put in things on that list like earrings supposedly gifted from the Queen to Meghan and then, when each engagement total was gone through, put the total of the earrings (unknown, btw) in again! Things like Meghan's engagement ring are sometimes put in these lists as well.

First, I do not believe, and have never believed that Meghan, Kate, Sophie etc pay top price for their garments, hats and accessories. Ever. I've read over the years that everyone from the QM at Hartnell down gets about half the price taken off for prestige reasons. (There is actually a letter from the QM to a fashion house complaining about the prices and hinting strongly that she would like a generous discount.)

I have never read, and also don't believe, that prestigious fashion houses would tell the Press, especially tabloids, how much the price of each garment is that they sell to high profile clients. It would be extremely bad business practice and their clientele would object. Therefore IMO the Fail and the other papers that have copied it have gone on a wild guesstimate with regard to Meghan's clothes and accessories.

Some of Meghan's clothes worn just after her marriage weren't ordered, whipped up and paid for within a week. I think that some of her things were ordered before her wedding, and probably paid for by her and/or Harry. Charles doesn't start paying for his daughter in laws' clothing within five minutes of the marriage register being signed. It takes time. Also, if her clothing had really come in at over a million that would be hundreds of thousands more that he (Charles) pays out for Camilla each year. As Camilla has always been and remains, his main concern, that pricing by the Fail just isn't believable, IMO.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #550 on: July 17, 2018, 03:51:57 am »

Meghan Markle Has Spent Over $200,000 on Her Duchess Wardrobe So Far
Everything she’s purchased since the wedding.
Including the likes of Givenchy, Stella McCartney, Oscar de la Renta, and more, her 15 brand-new looks since becoming an official member of the royal family have already cost £155,575, which is equivalent to nearly $207,000, The Daily Mail reported. And in her 24-hour trip to Dublin with the queen, she donned more than £28,000 (roughly $37,200) worth of apparel and accessories. By comparison, Markle's sister-in-law, Kate Middleton, spent about £119,000 (about $158,000) in the year 2017, according to The Daily Mail.
While the royal family is forbidden from accepting gifts or loans, one must take this number with a grain of salt, as she could be purchasing the looks with steep discounts. Additionally, while Meghan has clearly come out of the gate with an arsenal of looks we can’t stop talking about (many custom and all definitely brand-new), she still has a lifetime ahead of her to repeat pieces, accessories, or full-blown looks as both Kate Middleton, Princess Diana, and Queen Elizabeth II have all been known to do.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/meghan-markle-duchess-wardrobe-cost
So odd that this is in a teenage magazine

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #551 on: July 17, 2018, 04:52:16 am »

^Not odd at all. Her demographics and sugars are teenagers... future voters.
^^^ And what is the excuse for wearing fall clothes in the middle of a heat wave in UK?
IMO Charles is not paying for anything Markle. She, together with JM, procure the merchandise herself. But it still looks bad on him because there seems to be a loose cannon in his household.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #552 on: July 17, 2018, 07:43:32 am »

Dior, Givenchy, Oscar dr la renta are thr most expensive fashion brands in the world. I think it is easy to believe thr clothes were $$$$.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #553 on: July 17, 2018, 09:30:03 am »

It's easy to gauge the price of the garments. Indeed, none of them would officially comment and reveal the price of their stuff or how much a customer paid. But it is dead easy to guess how much each article costs, based on off-the-rack clothes and also because it is well known how much these houses take for custom clothes, haute couture & ready-wear. The prices are not conjured out of thin air.

That the Winds get heavy discounts and take freebies is well known, but they are technically forbidden from doing so and are supposed to pay full retail price as per their own rules. I think that came into effect after Liz QM passed, as a rule set up by Charles, possibly to appease the public, I'm not too sure about the details.

The autumn wardrobe is beyond weird though. That does point towards merching, which the Winds aren't allowed to do either...
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #554 on: July 17, 2018, 12:12:32 pm »

I don’t believe that royals are allowed to take loans/freebies or heavy discounts on clothing.
Game, set and match! Meghan BEATS Kate in the style stakes as her Wimbledon look sends fashion sales soaring (and her ENTIRE outfit has sold out)
Meghan also reigned supreme in terms of revenue, with her £446 Adrian blue striped shirt pulling in some 7,000 searches on Sunday alone, and ultimately selling out in less than 24 hours.
Her £1,227 Charmaine wide-leg trousers are also completely sold out on Lyst, while Ralph Lauren is the most searched for brand of white trouser since Saturday.
The data has led fashion analysts to officially crown Meghan as 'the most fashion influential Duchess at the Wimbledon women's final' after she reigned supreme in the style stakes.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5961927/Kate-Middleton-Meghan-Markles-Wimbledon-outfits-sell-out.html
 Waity outdid her because she had to stand back and watch her be the one to talk to the players first and walk in front of her. So Meghan comes up with this nonsense about winning the fashion stakes.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #555 on: July 17, 2018, 01:32:15 pm »

^A sore loser
sandy
Princess

« Reply #556 on: July 17, 2018, 02:20:06 pm »

I don’t believe that royals are allowed to take loans/freebies or heavy discounts on clothing.
Game, set and match! Meghan BEATS Kate in the style stakes as her Wimbledon look sends fashion sales soaring (and her ENTIRE outfit has sold out)
Meghan also reigned supreme in terms of revenue, with her £446 Adrian blue striped shirt pulling in some 7,000 searches on Sunday alone, and ultimately selling out in less than 24 hours.
Her £1,227 Charmaine wide-leg trousers are also completely sold out on Lyst, while Ralph Lauren is the most searched for brand of white trouser since Saturday.
The data has led fashion analysts to officially crown Meghan as 'the most fashion influential Duchess at the Wimbledon women's final' after she reigned supreme in the style stakes.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5961927/Kate-Middleton-Meghan-Markles-Wimbledon-outfits-sell-out.html
 Waity outdid her because she had to stand back and watch her be the one to talk to the players first and walk in front of her. So Meghan comes up with this nonsense about winning the fashion stakes.  bored3

Honestly, I don't think one outdid the other. Kate's outfits are rather blah.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #557 on: July 17, 2018, 02:21:43 pm »

^I agree. I wouldn't want to replicate either of those outfits.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #558 on: July 17, 2018, 03:39:12 pm »

I don't like either outfits actually.  Regardless, of the two women, Murks looked like she'd jumped out of bed.  Very tatty and unkempt.  Kate looked neat and clean, but that's about it. 

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #559 on: July 17, 2018, 05:58:25 pm »

Meghan Markle Wears Edgy Canadian Designer (from Her Own Closet!) for Outing with Prince Harry
Wearing a sleeveless trench dress from up-and-coming Canadian label, NONIE, the royal opted for a more edgy look as she stepped out with Prince Harry at an exhibition marking the centenary of the birth of Nelson Mandela.
And after a flurry of new fashion purchases, the $825 NONIE dress, from the brand’s Spring/Summer 2018 collection, is actually a re-wear from her own closet. The duchess purchased it from the Calgary-based designer while living in Toronto, just before she moved to London in the fall of 2017.
Meghan’s best friend and stylist Jessica Mulroney is also a fan of the ready-to-wear womenswear label.
https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-canadian-designer-trench-dress/

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/image/175988948058
She should really invest in a decent bra or nip covers. This just looks very nasty.  nervous
Since it’s too big for her, she either got it off of Jessica or she’s lost so much weight since she arrived in the U.K. Either way, she looked a bit sloppy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:03:21 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: